Author Topic: A simple not so pricey HT..  (Read 7766 times)

Offline gerald440

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A simple not so pricey HT..
« on: Dec 08, 2009 at 09:04 PM »
Hi,

This is Gerald im kinda new in this home theater kind of stuff. i also read some of the thread and unfortunately i cant find anything regarding my concern. moderators, if i missed a topic same as this im so sorry i already browsed and i cant find any.

there are things bothering me regarding HT.

1. I dont have that much space in my room so i cant buy a mammoth 55" TV (and wala na din sa budget). i think a 21" - 32" will do. i have my eyes set on an LG and Samsung (no particular model as of yet).  also, i saw this new TV Devant if i remember this right. do you think a 20-25K budget on TV alone will do?

2. How about those speakers? hindi naman ako maarte, and hindi ko din hilig yung masyadong makabog na sounds. i will be very satisfied and happy na siguro with 2 tall but slim speakers, i dont have anything in mind now for this because halos lahat ng nakita ko is naka package (TV and Speakers plus the DVD player). any comments will be highly appreciated.

3. to wrap it up, i am willing to spend only around 50K for my home theater. do you think this is even possible? TV, speakers, DVD player (may Blu ray na ba?).. ayoko naman kasing tipirin, mura nga madali naman masira. but im really sorry, but 50K is as far as i can go. i tried to look for a home theater in a reputable mall sa north edsa, and it is really kinda high. is there any alternative where in i can still have the quality and warranty of my home t?

Thanks in advance,
G
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2009 at 09:06 PM by gerald440 »

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
Re: A simple not so pricey HT..
« Reply #1 on: Dec 08, 2009 at 09:25 PM »
Hi gerald, welcome to PDVD!  8)

If I may..

1) 20-25K is enough for a 32" samsung or LG, just choose based on your preferrence. There is an existing thread about this models here at the Flat Panel childboard.

2) If you are not too critical about the loudness, try to consider getting the Soundbar. Less clutter and sounds decent for its size and price. Other than that, try to audition those 5.1 entertainment speakers made by Logitech, you will be surprised on how well it sounds on a small room. The marketplace here might get you started for more gears you might like, just take the stroll.

3) 50k might be enough, there are some BD players being sold here at the marketplace at a fraction of the cost compared to retail stores. There is also another alternative which is called the Network Media Tank (NMT), just look up on it's thread.

HTH.  ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2009 at 09:26 PM by frootloops »

Offline alistair

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 08, 2009 at 10:43 PM »
For slightly more than your target 50k, here's what I might probably go for (am considering a similar 2nd setup for the room):

• Samsung 2333HD for ~15k (or add around 10k for 32")
  • 2nd hand Onkyo/Yamaha receiver (5.1, even without HDMI) for around ~10k
  • A pair of Mordaunt Short/Wharfedale/Mission floorstanders for around ~10k
  • For your source: A PS3 slim for ~15k
  • Cables and interconnects, at least ~1.5k

For a grand total of a little over 50k for the 23", or < 65k for 32" display, for a system that can play CDs, MP3s, DVDs, MP4s, Blu-ray (and as a bonus, play games :D) and can readily grow with you over time.

Later, you can add  matching rear then center speakers, then a sub as your budget permits to go up to full 5.1.

Or, if you're willing to stretch your budget to go up to 5.1 immediately, add around another ~10-12 and buy a complete set of Polk RM 705 (~21k here in the marketplace) or Klipsch HD 500 (~23k last I checked).

Alternatively, if you decide you don't really need Blu-ray then forget about the PS3. That leaves you ~15k to play with (go for 32" display or full 5.1 set).

You might be tempted to go with a home-theater in a box (HTIB). While a) they're often cheaper, and b) their form factor makes them attractive I'd urge you to consider going with separates from day 1.

A Blu-ray capable HTIB these days will probably exceed your budget. When you do decide you want Blu-ray later, if you buy a DVD-only HTIB now you'll have to sell and upgrade the entire system. Not to mention most HTIBs don't even have separate optical audio or HDMI inputs to connect a separate Blu-ray player or game console later on. Finally, except maybe for top of the line HTIBs, it'll be hard to match the sound quality of a set of perfectly matched speakers and a good receiver.

So, in short—be creative with your budget and go for separates, even just starting with a stereo (or 2.1) setup. You'll thank me later.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2009 at 11:20 PM by alistair »

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #3 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 02:18 AM »
Hi,

This is Gerald im kinda new in this home theater kind of stuff. i also read some of the thread and unfortunately i cant find anything regarding my concern. moderators, if i missed a topic same as this im so sorry i already browsed and i cant find any.

there are things bothering me regarding HT.

1. I dont have that much space in my room so i cant buy a mammoth 55" TV (and wala na din sa budget). i think a 21" - 32" will do. i have my eyes set on an LG and Samsung (no particular model as of yet).  also, i saw this new TV Devant if i remember this right. do you think a 20-25K budget on TV alone will do?

2. How about those speakers? hindi naman ako maarte, and hindi ko din hilig yung masyadong makabog na sounds. i will be very satisfied and happy na siguro with 2 tall but slim speakers, i dont have anything in mind now for this because halos lahat ng nakita ko is naka package (TV and Speakers plus the DVD player). any comments will be highly appreciated.

3. to wrap it up, i am willing to spend only around 50K for my home theater. do you think this is even possible? TV, speakers, DVD player (may Blu ray na ba?).. ayoko naman kasing tipirin, mura nga madali naman masira. but im really sorry, but 50K is as far as i can go. i tried to look for a home theater in a reputable mall sa north edsa, and it is really kinda high. is there any alternative where in i can still have the quality and warranty of my home t?

Thanks in advance,
G

check the market palce if used is not an issue
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline dukesociety

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • music lovers of the world unite!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 04:58 AM »
a LG 32" lcd with samsung HTIB bundle which many stores here offers plus ps3.

there goes your 50K.

Offline gerald440

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 09:00 AM »
Thank you for all the replies. to be honest hindi ganun kalaki ang room na lalagyan ko ng HT. i think it is a small room nga, will a HTIB do any good? or will i just regret buting it?

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 10:15 AM »
sir my room is just 3m by 3m but all my stuff malalaki, the budget you are talking about can afford to get very nice starter gears that are way better than HTIB. One thing sure, when you get the HTIB after a while may hahanapin ka pa din so go full separate set up na. like i mentioned in my earlier post, if 2nd hand gears is not an issue, you may want to check the market place, for sale items ang dami dung mga gamit that can start you up, there is even one na DVD player at TV na lang dagdag mo. happy hunting and good luck po. lagi nyo lang check post nyo madami mag bigay ng valueable insghts ;)

Offline accastil

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #7 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 12:21 PM »
get a 32inch LG for about 25k
get a xenon HTIB for about 6k (may sub na ito)
get a ps3 (used) fro about 11k
may sukli ka pa....:)

enjoy!
im allan - 09178087173

Offline simonzaide

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • "anything is possible"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #8 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 01:06 PM »
get a 32inch LG for about 25k
get a xenon HTIB for about 6k (may sub na ito)
get a ps3 (used) fro about 11k
may sukli ka pa....:)

enjoy!

+1 for this or you can go for the bundled HTIB

may sukli ka pa for a NMT player

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #9 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 02:16 PM »
kung happy ka na sa 24" screen ito suggestion ko:
10K   24" Chimei LCD monitor
2k   Standalone TV tuner
12k   NMT + 1tb HD
6k   2nd hand AVR
10k   2nd hand tower speakers
4k   2nd hand bookshelves (surrounds)
4k   2nd hand center
2k   wires

if i were you i won't go for the HTIB. a good pair of floorstanders will sound much much better than those puny sat/sub systems.
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 02:30 PM »
Our pdvd marketplace will be your friend ;)

Nothing beats buying good quality gears taken cared for by the members of this community at rock bottom prices to boot! Best of all, may bagong kaibigan kapa ;D

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 02:41 PM »
Our pdvd marketplace will be your friend ;)

Nothing beats buying good quality gears taken cared for by the members of this community at rock bottom prices to boot! Best of all, may bagong kaibigan kapa ;D

+1000 ako jan brad mardon ;D

Offline shuttertrigger

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 657
« Reply #12 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 03:12 PM »
Best of all, may bagong kaibigan kapa ;D

I like this one!  ;) at TAGA-BUYO!  ;D ;D ;D

on topic,
bro, i understand how you feel ngayon kasi galing din kami dyan before when starting to this hobby. imho, someday pag naging serious ka kasi dito sa hobby nato (at pagka nagka-SARS kana), hindi ka na masisiyahan sa HTIB. para hindi na doble gastos, get receiver and speakers separately. buy and sell is the good source of cheap but good quality gears. kahit unti unti makukumpleto mo yan. tsaka sa budget mo na 50k makakabuo ka na nyan..goodluck and congrats in advance.. ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2009 at 03:21 PM by HEBREW »
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline gerald440

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 07:58 AM »
wow, thank you guys. i just went to the mall last night and im drooling over some HTIB. lalaki ng TV, nakakalula.. hihihihi.. Anyway, i need to do more research, parang mountain bike din pala itong HT, may mga upgrades din. sorry, stupid question, how can i even play a dvd or a cd in a PS3? technology had come a long way na talaga, game and watch lang dati masaya na ako eh. i know we are really against piracy, but can it play those kinds of media? pirated movies i mean. also, mukang starter level HT nga mabubuo ko, piece by piece, nag audition kasi kami last night ni fiancee and nakakita kami ng pioneer na player plus speakers sa automatic centre it was around 16K and also a samsung 32" around 26K. pero a ps3 as a player is really tempting, sabi nga ni sir pwede ka pang mag games. but like how i started mountain biking, tagal ko munang nag research before i bought parts and lucky for me may nakita ako near my place in bulacan na addict din sa bike so i learned a lot from him. again, thank you for the replies.

PS: Regarding sa marketplace, im currently browing those. :)

=====

I also backread sa HT Gallery, and parang wala po ata akong nakita na HT na nakaset up ng PS3 ang source? (tama ba term, source ba ang tawag sa player?).
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2009 at 10:00 AM by gerald440 »

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 11:11 AM »
wow, thank you guys. i just went to the mall last night and im drooling over some HTIB. lalaki ng TV, nakakalula.. hihihihi.. Anyway, i need to do more research, parang mountain bike din pala itong HT, may mga upgrades din. sorry, stupid question, how can i even play a dvd or a cd in a PS3? technology had come a long way na talaga, game and watch lang dati masaya na ako eh. i know we are really against piracy, but can it play those kinds of media? pirated movies i mean. also, mukang starter level HT nga mabubuo ko, piece by piece, nag audition kasi kami last night ni fiancee and nakakita kami ng pioneer na player plus speakers sa automatic centre it was around 16K and also a samsung 32" around 26K. pero a ps3 as a player is really tempting, sabi nga ni sir pwede ka pang mag games. but like how i started mountain biking, tagal ko munang nag research before i bought parts and lucky for me may nakita ako near my place in bulacan na addict din sa bike so i learned a lot from him. again, thank you for the replies.

PS: Regarding sa marketplace, im currently browing those. :)

=====

I also backread sa HT Gallery, and parang wala po ata akong nakita na HT na nakaset up ng PS3 ang source? (tama ba term, source ba ang tawag sa player?).

these are some guys in the galleries that uses ps3 as their bluray source:

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=77988.0
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=78097.0
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=79172.0
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=82936.0
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=50720.0
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=84987.0

if you have observed, most of the people in the galleries have multiple sources (ie dvd, bluray, hddvd, nmt and htpc).

the ps3 is kind of selective when playing jack sparrows. and most of the members dont use their ps3 for dvd watching, they usually have a dedicated dvd upscaler for that. and in your case, if you go htib route. you can use the htib's player to play your dvds and have the ps3 handle the blurays and games.

one thing that you have to also look at is having an nmt/media player. this is the kind of player that plays media files of all sorts (from videos to audio) and if you go back to the galleries, i can confidently say that 90% of the threads there either have an nmt or htpc or even both as just one of their sources.
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2009 at 01:35 PM by iiinas »

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 01:10 PM »
Sir Gerald - seriously, you're on the right track with doing your research as it will certainly pay off when you finally decide to dive into this hobby.
Pdvd can get a bit overwhelming, but if you browse on a daily basis I'm sure you'll get the hang of it much quicker. Asking questions, will even get you there faster ;)

Of course, just like any hobby - there are upgrades. The word 'upgrade' is loosely thrown around this forum alot. Pdvd members dont just upgrade - they upgrade their upgrades! :D ;D But dont let that scare ya thou- infact, that is where your patience will be placed to good use - their loss would be your gain!  ;)

While its nice to go window shopping in malls, dont be caught flat footed by the glitz & glamour of tech stores with their huge "sale" signs - as you'll surely find out later that some of them are overpriced :o
You'll be amazed to know how members here peruse each & every gear to its tiniest detail to present you the best possible scenario for your hard earned money.

Best of all, even buying bnew gears is done thru this forum - the listing of dealers posted will give you different options at the best prices untouched by most mall appliance stores.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 01:33 PM »
While its nice to go window shopping in malls, dont be caught flat footed by the glitz & glamour of tech stores with their huge "sale" signs - as you'll surely find out later that some of them are overpriced :o
You'll be amazed to know how members here peruse each & every gear to its tiniest detail to present you the best possible scenario for your hard earned money.

Best of all, even buying bnew gears is done thru this forum - the listing of dealers posted will give you different options at the best prices untouched by most mall appliance stores.

+1 sir mac. could not have said it better!  ;)

this is my mall!!!  ;D

Offline gearhead000

• Collector
  • HD Nirvana
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 01:56 PM »

tama. tunay na tunay.  ;D
Pana PT-AE900u/HK AVR645/Oppo DV981HD/WD TV HD/Wharfe 9.5/9.CS

Offline gerald440

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 02:23 PM »
Hi guys..

What do you think? Starter?  :o

http://www.villman.com/Product-Detail/Samsung_2333HD_LCD-TV

and

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=100274.0

=====

totoo bang 8.5K yun? Brand new? if i look at the site in samsung 2000K USD yun ah.. are my eyes deceiving me?

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consumer/tv-av/home-theater/51-home-theatre-set/HT-Z220T/XSH/index.idx?pagetype=prd_detail

=====

i will be very honest, akala ko dati may alam ako ng konti then reading thru some threads wala pala talaga akong alam. Paano ko i-coconnect ung DVD Player sa TV? Paano ko icoconect yung DVD player sa Speaker? What if gusto ko ng lagyan ng PS3, paano na connections nila? Ngaun ko lang kasi napansin sir na may cables needed pa pala. AVR lang ata ang alam ko saan ilalagay.

Sample thread na nahilo ako..

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=92231.0

Ouch..  ???
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2009 at 02:49 PM by gerald440 »

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Dec 10, 2009 at 07:27 PM »

=====

i will be very honest, akala ko dati may alam ako ng konti then reading thru some threads wala pala talaga akong alam. Paano ko i-coconnect ung DVD Player sa TV? Paano ko icoconect yung DVD player sa Speaker? What if gusto ko ng lagyan ng PS3, paano na connections nila? Ngaun ko lang kasi napansin sir na may cables needed pa pala. AVR lang ata ang alam ko saan ilalagay.

Sample thread na nahilo ako..

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=92231.0

Ouch..  ???

if you buy a htib, no more problems with dvd connection, since the htib itself has a dvd player integrated into it. all you have to do is connect the hdmi cable to the hdmi output of the htib and then the other end of the cable to the lcd/plasma's hdmi input.

now with the ps3, this is a little bit tricky, you have to find an htib with an optical/toslink digital input, if you can find one, what will happen is, you will connect the hdmi cable to the ps3's hdmi output and the other end of the cable to your lcd/plasma's 2nd hdmi input (remember all flat panels of today mostly have atleast 2 hdmi inputs). then get an optical cable, connect the cable to the htib's optical digital input and the other end to the ps3's optical digital output.

with this connection:

for dvd, you get audio and video through the hdmi connection.
for bluray, you get video through the hdmi and dolby and dts classic from the optical cable. problem here is you wont be able to experience hd audio (dolby tru hd and dts ma).

which leads us to the next question, if you want to experience both hd video and audio through blurays playing on ps3, then you have to get an av receiver. then that's another different set of connection and settings.  :)
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2009 at 07:28 PM by iiinas »

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 12:52 AM »
brader gerald i happen to stumble upon this DENON in the shop of one of our fellow pdvd member. I auditioned this for about 20 minutes and I tell you this wont disappoint as a good starter set up. The subwoofer is active and packs a punch. The SQ is very decent and honestly I f I am just strting up, I d look at this seriously. You just need a DVD player or a NMT. How much??? P 25K and its not even discounted yet ;)

http://www.hifi-gallery.com/commup/news/11012009154216602633672853366027500.jpg

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 07:55 AM »

now with the ps3, this is a little bit tricky, you have to find an htib with an optical/toslink digital input, if you can find one, what will happen is, you will connect the hdmi cable to the ps3's hdmi output and the other end of the cable to your lcd/plasma's 2nd hdmi input (remember all flat panels of today mostly have atleast 2 hdmi inputs). then get an optical cable, connect the cable to the htib's optical digital input and the other end to the ps3's optical digital output.

with this connection:

for dvd, you get audio and video through the hdmi connection.
for bluray, you get video through the hdmi and dolby and dts classic from the optical cable. problem here is you wont be able to experience hd audio (dolby tru hd and dts ma).

which leads us to the next question, if you want to experience both hd video and audio through blurays playing on ps3, then you have to get an av receiver. then that's another different set of connection and settings.  :)

If HTIB has multichannel input, hd audio can still be sent from ps3's analog multichannel output.  The PS3 decodes it.  
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2009 at 10:14 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 10:53 AM »
If HTIB has multichannel input, hd audio can still be sent from ps3's analog multichannel output.  The PS3 decodes it.  

that's another way. or if the htib has 1.3a hdmi, then it can also let the ps3 decode the hd audio and the htib can output the lpcm multi channel audio. thing is have not seen the current crop of htibs recently. so not in the know really what their specs are.

big question now is, does the standard htib many are buying together with their samsung, panasonic and lg panels have multichannel inputs or 1.3a spec'ed hdmi outputs?

of course higher end htib like onkyo's present no problem with this set-up since onkyo htib's are basically av receiver with sat-sub packaged together. but definitely a lot more expensive.  :(

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 11:23 AM »

big question now is, does the standard htib many are buying together with their samsung, panasonic and lg panels have multichannel inputs or 1.3a spec'ed hdmi outputs?

Some LG and Samsung HTIBs have, if not multichannel, HDMI 1.3 ports.  They won't decode the new lossless codecs but accept multichanel LPCM over HDMI.  They're the same anyway. 

With generic HTIBs, I recall seeing one with multichannel input.  But may be few. 

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 12:03 PM »
Some LG and Samsung HTIBs have, if not multichannel, HDMI 1.3 ports.  They won't decode the new lossless codecs but accept multichanel LPCM over HDMI.  They're the same anyway. 

With generic HTIBs, I recall seeing one with multichannel input.  But may be few. 

that's great for people who just wants a simple and of course a non-wallet busting set-up that still does the job.  :)

Offline insomniac0623

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • entry level
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 02:18 PM »
brader gerald i happen to stumble upon this DENON in the shop of one of our fellow pdvd member. I auditioned this for about 20 minutes and I tell you this wont disappoint as a good starter set up. The subwoofer is active and packs a punch. The SQ is very decent and honestly I f I am just strting up, I d look at this seriously. You just need a DVD player or a NMT. How much??? P 25K and its not even discounted yet ;)

sir, i'm also a newbie and starting up a setup. can you pm me sir where the shop you mentioned is located? thanks vm!
==============

==============

Offline alistair

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Denon DHT 390 XP
« Reply #26 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 02:38 PM »

This is the Denon DHT 390 XP (had to do a little bit of online forensic work to find that out).

Which shop did you see this, sir? Am seriously interested in a good, small, set of separates (anything better than HTIB).

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 03:39 PM »
sir, i'm also a newbie and starting up a setup. can you pm me sir where the shop you mentioned is located? thanks vm!

This is the Denon DHT 390 XP (had to do a little bit of online forensic work to find that out).

Which shop did you see this, sir? Am seriously interested in a good, small, set of separates (anything better than HTIB).

if im not mistaken, shop of a fellow pdvd member. this might be e-home. owner is sir richie (@gren). shop is located at annapolis greenhills. you can try to pm him for the details.

brader tirso (@onkyo 606) to confirm.  :D

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #28 on: Dec 11, 2009 at 11:45 PM »
add ko na din sir..patience is a virtue..audition audition para ma sulit mo ang 50k splurge mo sa HT..as they always say..do it right the first time..  ;D

display - lg/samsung/pana - 19-25k..settle na sir for 32 kahit maliit pa room nyo

av receiver 2nd hand (standard) 5-6k
source dvd upscaler - 3-5k
speakers - diy speakers ni sir anthony..start with 2 then dagdag na lng
wires - 1.5k

kaya yan sir..stick with your budget..set your maximum and audition what is in the range of your budget..sometimes as you listen kasi with other systems minsan nakaka SARS!  ;D

Offline gerald440

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Dec 12, 2009 at 08:28 AM »
Seriously, thanks for all the replies.. i dont want to spoil the party, pero i have a traumatic eksperience in buying 2nd hand items, kaya as much as possible sana i will go for all brand new items with only 50K pesos to spare. Regarding those connections, as i can see, there are numerous numbers of possibilities on how i can connect this to this, i need to work on this one.

======

Anyway, magbabakasakali lang, may taga malolos po ba dito?

======

Thanks!!