Author Topic: Mede8er MED500x  (Read 196391 times)

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Mede8er MED500x
« Reply #600 on: Jan 31, 2011 at 11:24 AM »
So OK na ba talaga ang HD audio on DD+ 500x with this new stable FW?

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 806
« Reply #601 on: Jan 31, 2011 at 04:20 PM »

The file would have to be in BD ISO format to test this right?
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #602 on: Jan 31, 2011 at 07:06 PM »
The file would have to be in BD ISO format to test this right?

BD ISO, BD Structures, MKV - basta the audiostream is HD Audio.

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #603 on: Jan 31, 2011 at 07:09 PM »
BD ISO, BD Structures, MKV - basta the audiostream is HD Audio.

None of my MKV's make my amp's HD indicator light up unlike my Blu-Ray of course.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #604 on: Feb 01, 2011 at 07:04 AM »
None of my MKV's make my amp's HD indicator light up unlike my Blu-Ray of course.

Do you have MKVs with HD audio (Framestor encoded MKVs for instance)?  Pero mas common ang BD ISOs or BD Structures (23GB-45GB per movie/content).

Offline spiro0426

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #605 on: Feb 01, 2011 at 07:51 AM »
Will upgrade and check out video wall, parang NMJ feature ni popcorn yan, good if you have static disk collection.

Sa NMJ kasi, its based on filename ang search nya, regardless of your folder container name nya so medjo takes a while to rename all files (but nothing a rename script cant do for you).

I hope sensitive si 500x to sense the folder name para mabilis yung fetch nya for the video wall... 

Took me two days processing my video wall.  I make a folder for each movie pa (without folder) and search thumbnail jpeg photo online and resize it to the suggested 156x223. Once done, mabilis naman nakuha ng videowall.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #606 on: Feb 01, 2011 at 08:05 AM »
Took me two days processing my video wall.  I make a folder for each movie pa (without folder) and search thumbnail jpeg photo online and resize it to the suggested 156x223. Once done, mabilis naman nakuha ng videowall.

That's why NMJ doesn't interest me a bit.  When you DL a certain content, it's normally packed in a single folder containing the main content, the NFO file and sometimes samples. But I totally hate looking at the contents of my HDDs and seeing folders with various kinds of elongated names with dots in between words.  So what I do is to take out the main content only, rename it to a simpler and shorter name to identify the resolution, the soundstream and the encoder (if prime encoder - I only need to know if its a Eureka or HiDT or Framestor for instance then I know it's top quality and subbed).  Hence, when I explore the contents, they look vanilla nice and neat, and most importantly, very fast.

Now with this NMJ or whatever MJ, I would have to go back to what I had already deleted.  No way.  But to each his own of course.  I still prefer IMDB if I want to know more details about a content BEFORE I even get it.

Enjoy your NMJ anyway!  Cheers
« Last Edit: Feb 01, 2011 at 08:31 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #607 on: Feb 01, 2011 at 09:34 AM »
I wasted by weekend on the NMJ upgrade just to give my trusted PCH C200 a facelift.

The NMJ Menu is cool and intuitive, but the population of the cover wall is  a pain if you have hundreds of files to rename just so it picks up the correct IMDB. I plugged by 1st disk and regrettably i dont have their NFO files to help so i ended up with a lot of gaps in my video wall, err... majority was left blank.

Which brings me to the question, do i need this hassle of renaming the files or bringing down the nfo? i'm fine listing my files by directory or filenames. I guess that will do for now unitl i get those nfo down.

toy

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #608 on: Feb 01, 2011 at 04:42 PM »
FYI NMJ does support NFO files....

Example;

Avatar.2009.Collectors.Ext.Cut.1080p.BluRay.DTS.dxva.x264.D-Z0N3 <--- Directory name

Inside this directory have the following files;

Avatar.2009.Collectors.Ext.Cut.1080p.BluRay.DTS.dxva.x264.D-Z0N3.mkv
Avatar.2009.Collectors.Ext.Cut.1080p.BluRay.DTS.dxva.x264.D-Z0N3.nfo

NMJ can and WILL be able to get the data from imdb.com

The only time it fails is if you manually look at the NFO file and it's filled with useless ASCII art in the header, I just strip it down to the basics or even just have the following line;

"http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499549/"

This overrides the detection algorithm in NMJ and just uses the URL as the definitive name of the content.

The nice thing about NMJ is it's easy to test. I just put the above filenames (simple text file) on a USB stick and create a database on it. On my system, I keep 2 separate drives for NMJ to test;

1 drive is properly named according to NMJ standards
1 drive is named according to the source they arrived in (torrents)

The torrent sourced drive never failed in NMJ as long as I keep the NFO accompanying the weird named mkv files.

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #609 on: Feb 01, 2011 at 07:45 PM »
Thanks bro.
i'll try this next weekend. Naingit kasi ako ke gutchy yung Sigma based egreat S7A nya automagically detects without much fuzz

FYI NMJ does support NFO files....

Example;

Avatar.2009.Collectors.Ext.Cut.1080p.BluRay.DTS.dxva.x264.D-Z0N3 <--- Directory name

Inside this directory have the following files;

Avatar.2009.Collectors.Ext.Cut.1080p.BluRay.DTS.dxva.x264.D-Z0N3.mkv
Avatar.2009.Collectors.Ext.Cut.1080p.BluRay.DTS.dxva.x264.D-Z0N3.nfo

NMJ can and WILL be able to get the data from imdb.com

The only time it fails is if you manually look at the NFO file and it's filled with useless ASCII art in the header, I just strip it down to the basics or even just have the following line;

"http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499549/"

This overrides the detection algorithm in NMJ and just uses the URL as the definitive name of the content.

The nice thing about NMJ is it's easy to test. I just put the above filenames (simple text file) on a USB stick and create a database on it. On my system, I keep 2 separate drives for NMJ to test;

1 drive is properly named according to NMJ standards
1 drive is named according to the source they arrived in (torrents)

The torrent sourced drive never failed in NMJ as long as I keep the NFO accompanying the weird named mkv files.

toy

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #610 on: Feb 02, 2011 at 07:05 AM »

Result of my first attempt with the new firmware for the videowall.

GENRES

ALA EH!!

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #611 on: Feb 02, 2011 at 08:39 AM »
Result of my first attempt with the new firmware for the videowall.

Nice! How do you populate the video wall? Or can you provide a link with the instructions/tutorial?
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline jackrabbit

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • DVD is Life
  • Liked:
« Reply #612 on: Feb 02, 2011 at 08:45 AM »
Nice 2x  ;D ....I second the motion of asking if there is a link to a tutorial or instructions on how to do this? Thanks.

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #613 on: Feb 02, 2011 at 10:31 AM »
The med forum has all the instructions

Link - http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,4401.0.html

Y2M - http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,3180.0.html

Inisa isa ko, newbie in setting up a video wall, I have failed several times in my popcorn also sa YAMJ. Previous firmware nitong Med, di ko rin nagawa. pero nung magupdate ako, ok na. Thankful that i still have a handlful only of content, pag madami na, medyo tedious mag set-up.  Cheers!! ;)

Mas maganda sana kung mga 15 slections per pane, in this case max 12 lang, if you have hundreds of content, hirap mag browse.
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2011 at 11:36 AM by CocoBoy »
ALA EH!!

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #614 on: Feb 02, 2011 at 02:47 PM »
Out of curiosity, i upgraded my med500x v3.04 to v4 last night, test it for about an hour or 2... bakit wala ako makitang difference sa performance? o antok lang ako kagabi, hehehe ;D

but i like its new look (GUI), haven't tried the video wall though, antok na kasi e... try ko mag-setup mamaya :)

Haven't encountered any problems also, so all in all, im ok with v4 :)

anyone of you noticed some changes after upgrading to v4 in terms of performance?

btw, i installed the NO HD Audio firmware, wala pa kasi akong HDMI receiver e :)

« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2011 at 02:48 PM by reynold »
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
« Reply #615 on: Feb 02, 2011 at 02:58 PM »
na download ko na pero hesitant pa pero parang susubukan ko na....  :D

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #616 on: Feb 02, 2011 at 03:14 PM »
btw, i installed the NO HD Audio firmware, wala pa kasi akong HDMI receiver e :)

That's very thoughtful and clever of Sanji isn't it?   ;)  Gives you a simpler (and probably more reliable) FW option in case you don't need/have HD audio.

Relevant changes other than the Video Wall and HD Audio

Try mo to play those stuff with Header Removal Compression.  It should be OK now

Yun lang yata.   ;)

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #617 on: Feb 03, 2011 at 05:35 AM »

Confirmed last night, I tested by downloading HD audio test files and playing them, the DTS HD and DTS Master Audio of my receiver lit up!  ;D
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #618 on: Feb 03, 2011 at 05:47 AM »
Guys, how's the new firmware? Is it stable? No glitches? Thanks
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #619 on: Feb 03, 2011 at 05:51 AM »
Guys, how's the new firmware? Is it stable? No glitches? Thanks

I found one glitch. I mistakenly pressed the "arrow" button for skipping to the next movie/file by mistake instead of the return button and the Mede8er went all funky on me. The video screen started flashing on and off intermittently and the colors looked mixed up. Turning the unit off and on again set things back to normal.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline spiro0426

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #620 on: Feb 03, 2011 at 08:52 AM »
The med forum has all the instructions

Link - http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,4401.0.html

Y2M - http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,3180.0.html

Inisa isa ko, newbie in setting up a video wall, I have failed several times in my popcorn also sa YAMJ. Previous firmware nitong Med, di ko rin nagawa. pero nung magupdate ako, ok na. Thankful that i still have a handlful only of content, pag madami na, medyo tedious mag set-up.  Cheers!! ;)

Mas maganda sana kung mga 15 slections per pane, in this case max 12 lang, if you have hundreds of content, hirap mag browse.

I agree with this, i have a genre group with around 52 movies and mabagal talaga. I might regroup it para mas mabilis mag browse. Napansin ko lang, mabilis mag show ang video wall ng movie kung folder.jpeg agad yung thumbnail pic inside the movie folder. I also use the YAMJ sample provided at the med8er website.

Offline reynold

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #621 on: Feb 03, 2011 at 01:57 PM »
That's very thoughtful and clever of Sanji isn't it?   ;)  Gives you a simpler (and probably more reliable) FW option in case you don't need/have HD audio.

Relevant changes other than the Video Wall and HD Audio

Try mo to play those stuff with Header Removal Compression.  It should be OK now

Yun lang yata.   ;)

Yes, it's a very clever move by Sanji sir, making a firmware that is flexible enough in terms of Audio codec issues ;)

Some of my mkv's like Dumbo and Kingkong extended version played flawlessly last night, dati kasi nawawala ang video after a few minutes... header compression was resolved i think ;)

but some of my mkvs and m2ts with gargling sounds but with videos are still the same, kasama ba sa category ng header compression ang gargling sounds?[\b]
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #622 on: Feb 03, 2011 at 02:29 PM »
but some of my mkvs and m2ts with gargling sounds but with videos are still the same, kasama ba sa category ng header compression ang gargling sounds?[\b]

I dont think so.   Header Removal Compression would make an mkv either playable or unplayable only. Nothing in between.

Gargling sound could either be caused by bad encoding, or the media player getting choked by the bitrates (as in the case of high-bit BD structures or BD ISO, or even perhaps some issues between the player and the AVR - I think.

Offline reynold

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #623 on: Feb 04, 2011 at 04:02 PM »
I dont think so.   Header Removal Compression would make an mkv either playable or unplayable only. Nothing in between.

Gargling sound could either be caused by bad encoding, or the media player getting choked by the bitrates (as in the case of high-bit BD structures or BD ISO, or even perhaps some issues between the player and the AVR - I think.

Oh i see, thanks sir Clondalkin... I'm still good with it, pili na lang ako ng files palagi, hehehe :)
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline danrd

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Do it now while you still can!
  • Liked:
« Reply #624 on: Feb 05, 2011 at 08:17 PM »
Hey guys. Just updated mine from 3.4 to 4. Problem is my unit can't seem to identify my usb external drive. But it detects a usb plugged in. Can't seem to understand because this was running perfectly on the previous version. Can someone help me please?

Offline CocoBoy

• DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #625 on: Feb 06, 2011 at 12:41 PM »
Hey guys. Just updated mine from 3.4 to 4. Problem is my unit can't seem to identify my usb external drive. But it detects a usb plugged in. Can't seem to understand because this was running perfectly on the previous version. Can someone help me please?

What's your external drive? I had my new external 2TB in a thermaltake Max 5G(usb 3) enclosure working perfectly with Med. Yung external na ito, di makita ng laptop ko naman ???

Setting up again the videowall for the new enclosure and wih over 300+ contents, very tedious ;D.
ALA EH!!

Offline danrd

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Do it now while you still can!
  • Liked:
« Reply #626 on: Feb 06, 2011 at 07:03 PM »
What's your external drive? I had my new external 2TB in a thermaltake Max 5G(usb 3) enclosure working perfectly with Med. Yung external na ito, di makita ng laptop ko naman ???

Setting up again the videowall for the new enclosure and wih over 300+ contents, very tedious ;D.

Musta pre? Its a 1tb WD external drive. Solved the problem last night by returning to Firmware version 3.5.  :) Ok na.

Offline Eddie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #627 on: Feb 12, 2011 at 11:10 AM »

Can you please give more details? What's the brand / model of your external drive? Partition type? Number of partitions in the drive? Which V4 firmware did you use? No HD or with HD version of the firmware? Can you also please indicate bootloader # of your unit?

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #628 on: Feb 15, 2011 at 08:45 AM »
My wife tried playing some pure BD concerts via the Mede8er 500X today and she can't bring out the Main Menu as the A200 does.  However, audio stream is easily selectable via the remote and the pure BD concerts play really smooth.   Track selection cannot be done because there is no Main Menu but forwarding of tracks via the remote works well - just have to scroll through the songs in the same order they are sang in the concert instead of a more convenient jump to any track via the Main Menu.

Anyhow, this may just be a FW issue because my Mede8er is still using the Xmas 2009 FW version - as I bought it...hehehe.   So many improvements have been made by Sanji since then but at least even by Dec 2009, the Mede8er 500X FW was pretty matured to handle pure BDs.  Wife says sound and image quality are just the same (as impressive) as that coming out from our A200 set-up - it must be the quality of file itself.

Anyone tried a pure BD concert with fully functional Main Menu using the latest FW Ver 4.0?
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2011 at 09:43 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline Eddie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #629 on: Feb 16, 2011 at 05:33 PM »
My wife tried playing some pure BD concerts via the Mede8er 500X today and she can't bring out the Main Menu as the A200 does.

Anyone tried a pure BD concert with fully functional Main Menu using the latest FW Ver 4.0?

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but you won't see menu in full BD. MED500X only has BD Lite function which means no Blu-ray menus.