Author Topic: Egreat R-Series(1073) R200 Users & Support Thread  (Read 93679 times)

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: Egreat R200 & R200 Pro 1080P HD Media Player
« Reply #90 on: Jun 28, 2011 at 07:05 PM »
^
Kaso brother yung S100 hindi pwede internal diba? That was my choice initially until the HDs and the BDs started catching her eye kaya I'm changing to an NMT that can handle an internal HD. Isip-isip... ;D

Bro,
 S100 support eSATA.

I personally use it with a COmmunicator D2 dock(esata with port multiplier source: china). kasi the disks are upright.
 see picture below
You'd tidy up to your wife's liking  to keep disks in a container like here, complete with key.
 I keep my disks in 5 x 3.5" disk containers (i have 4 of these) for my personal collection. Containing mostly BDrips na may full menu navigation (a 2 TB disk  fits  40 Full BDrips, pero ok na rin, dont think its a waste of space basta it has BD full menu)

« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2011 at 09:04 PM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #91 on: Jun 28, 2011 at 10:02 PM »
Bro,
 S100 support eSATA.

I personally use it with a COmmunicator D2 dock(esata with port multiplier source: china). kasi the disks are upright.
 see picture below
You'd tidy up to your wife's liking  to keep disks in a container like here, complete with key.
 I keep my disks in 5 x 3.5" disk containers (i have 4 of these) for my personal collection. Containing mostly BDrips na may full menu navigation (a 2 TB disk  fits  40 Full BDrips, pero ok na rin, dont think its a waste of space basta it has BD full menu)

Astiggggggg....
Walang Setup

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Jun 28, 2011 at 10:12 PM »
here it is bro taken from my phone cam:

Thanks bro for the screen shot, it doesn't say on the Audio Codec that it uses DTS HD/MA it only shows DTS MA on the file name which can easily be renamed. A file encoded with DTS MA/HD will show DTS HD/MA on the Audio Codec part and DD TrueHD for DD. Meaning it's possible that the file you have is only encoded with DTS. Do you have full BD rips or ISO's? These rip's and ISO's are encoded with DTS MA and True HD for sure. I'll post a screen shot of a file truly encoded with DTS MA and DD TrueHD para mas clear sir..

Anyway i really thank you for the pics
Walang Setup

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #93 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 01:16 AM »
R200 is one of the best NMT IMHO...Build, PQ and SQ wise

I agree! ;D

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #94 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 01:17 AM »
+1 if you are getting another player try the S800  ;) congrats on your R200!

Uyyyy...may mangkukulam dito....ingat. :D :D :D :D

Offline vortex1

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #95 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 07:40 AM »
Thanks bro for the screen shot, it doesn't say on the Audio Codec that it uses DTS HD/MA it only shows DTS MA on the file name which can easily be renamed. A file encoded with DTS MA/HD will show DTS HD/MA on the Audio Codec part and DD TrueHD for DD. Meaning it's possible that the file you have is only encoded with DTS. Do you have full BD rips or ISO's? These rip's and ISO's are encoded with DTS MA and True HD for sure. I'll post a screen shot of a file truly encoded with DTS MA and DD TrueHD para mas clear sir..

Anyway i really thank you for the pics

hmmm that's weird bro... but my AVR only displays prologic when i play these files on my Xtreamer SW that's why i do think that these files were encoded with dtshd ma.and Whenever i play the said dts hdma files to r200 and also in my LG BD550 player, AVR shows the DTS core.

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 07:43 AM »
hmmm that's weird bro... but my AVR only displays prologic when i play these files on my Xtreamer SW that's why i do think that these files were encoded with dtshd ma.and Whenever i play the said dts hdma files to r200 and also in my LG BD550 player, AVR shows the DTS core.

I just took a pic of a DTS HD and DD True HD movies and will post here what the Audio Codec should be... It's uploading now.. will post in a few minutes
Walang Setup

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 08:04 AM »

These movies are full BD rips, our R200 is not capable of showing the FUll BD menu and only capable of playing the Movie. These movies where tested using Egreat S800 and PCH C-200 which can play the Full BD Menu and from the settings of the movie itself using S800 and C-200 it is verified there that they are DTS MA and DD HD because they are part of the Audio Settings of the Movie. Parang movie menu sa DVD.

File with DTS HD should show under Info as DTS HD

Changing audio settings by clicking Audio on remote shows DTS HD MA

AVR detect them only as 2 channel LCPM and not giving me DTS core using R200. I tested this movie on my S800 and C-200 and they gave me DTS 5.1 core

File with DD True HD

This is what will show when i select the True HD track when Audio button is pushed

Clicking the info button gives me MLP 2 channel

Playing DTS MA and DD True HD sends only 2 channel to the receiver instead of their core counterpart. Egreat S800 and PCH C-200 has no problem with this. I havent tested them yet on a receiver with DTS MA and DD HD but base sa specs it should bitstream them to the receiver and the receiver should be able to detect them.

Again the two movies above are full BD rips with complete BD Menu working if used on S800 and PCH C-200. From the menu of the movie you can see that they are encoded with DTS MA and DD TrueHD
Walang Setup

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 08:25 AM »
now i understand what you mean bro. Sigma chipset is the only fix for your issue talaga. thanks for sharing it.

anyways i'm not going to the full bdrips route as i'm collecting BDs naman. mkvs are enough for me. magiging redundant na if i collect full bdrips pa. important thing talaga is my avr displays the dts core and i'm happy.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #99 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 08:36 AM »
Framestors are valid samples of MKV with DTS-HDMA audio.  It's good that the R200 can extract the DTS core from the DTS-HD stream of Framestor.  If you have an AVR capable of decoding HD-Audio, Framestor encodes are identified as having DTS-HDMA properly.  Kaya ka DTS is obviously because of your optical connection.

As regards BDMV Structures, not being able to at least extract the DTS core is, in my opinion, a player/brand problem - a FW problem to be specific, because the old Mede8er can reliably do this since 2009. Been watching pure BD rips on a Mede8er since Dec 2009 on non-HDMI Yamaha757, and the only problem would be Dolby TrueHD streams (if there is no interleaved AC3 -totally silent for non-HDMI AVR, but if there is AC3 embedded, then you can select that secondary stream to produce sound and it is correctly identified as Dolby Digital both by the player and the AVR), and if the pure BD rip has seamless branching.

Egreat FW support - cross your fingers..no disrespect - reality check based on past records.
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2011 at 08:42 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 08:42 AM »
now i understand what you mean bro. Sigma chipset is the only fix for your issue talaga. thanks for sharing it.

anyways i'm not going to the full bdrips route as i'm collecting BDs naman. mkvs are enough for me. magiging redundant na if i collect full bdrips pa. important thing talaga is my avr displays the dts core and i'm happy.

It's not a major issue actually. As i don't collect also BDrips though there are MKV's i tested with DTS MA sayang at nasira yung 500 gig ko na HD andun yun.. Anyway i believe that this is just a simple FW update. Which is now being looked at by egreat c/o Jim. To be honest wala pa akong na encouter na issue with R200, sa PCH C-200 ang dami ko na na encounter na issue.  Sa sobrang saya ko sa R200 i actually have 2 units he he he...Tested na matibay bro..

Baka makatulong to.. This is how i cool down the unit. I usually watch 3 movies a day straight pagkatapos music naman na walang patayan hanggang magising na ako... Night shift kasi ako he he he

When i started using this di na umiinit yung External HDD ko pati internal. After watching pag weekends nang 4 straight movies hinawakan ko ang HDD ko sa loob at labas.. di sila mainit. Pag walang fan kasi di mo mahawakan ang HDD sa init..

Walang Setup

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 08:49 AM »
Framestors are valid samples of MKV with DTS-HDMA audio.  It's good that the R200 can extract the DTS core from the DTS-HD stream of Framestor.  If you have an AVR capable of decoding HD-Audio, Framestor encodes are identified as having DTS-HDMA properly.  Kaya ka DTS is obviously because of your optical connection.

As regards BDMV Structures, not being able to at least extract the DTS core is, in my opinion, a player/brand problem - a FW problem to be specific, because the old Mede8er can reliably do this since 2009. Been watching pure BD rips on a Mede8er since Dec 2009 on non-HDMI Yamaha757, and the only problem would be Dolby TrueHD streams (if there is no interleaved AC3 -totally silent for non-HDMI AVR, but if there is AC3 embedded, then you can select that secondary stream to produce sound and it is correctly identified as Dolby Digital both by the player and the AVR), and if the pure BD rip has seamless branching.

Egreat FW support - cross your fingers..no disrespect - reality check based on past records.

How come it doesn't have DTS HD on info under Audio codec. I remember somebody here asked me to download a Framestor Encode MKV to test the subtitle of a file remux. I downloaded 3 of his movies and all shows as DTS HD under the info button under Audio Codec but still gave me only 2 channel LCPM signal. Subtitle didnt work though..
Walang Setup

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 08:59 AM »
How come it doesn't have DTS HD on info under Audio codec. I remember somebody here asked me to download a Framestor Encode MKV to test the subtitle of a file remux. I downloaded 3 of his movies and all shows as DTS HD under the info button under Audio Codec but still gave me only 2 channel LCPM signal. Subtitle didnt work though..

Ask Egreat.  

My Mede8er certainly identifies DTS-HD including the silent TrueHD all the time on Framestors.  That's Framestor's signature - HD audio on MKV - pioneers actually, but now that type of signature (MKV+HD Audio) is already shared by Kralimarkos, HDManiacs and other prime encoding groups.  Only Eureka sticks with BDMV.  But their encodes are certainly having HD audio.

Of course your C200 should be able to do this on Framestors and Kralimarkos.

Subtitle problem is due to PGS and Vobsub.  It's also my problem but I'm dealing with it by remuxing with  SRTs - HD audio kept as is of course.

« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2011 at 09:06 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 09:08 AM »
Ask Egreat.  

My Mede8er certainly identifies DTS-HD including the silent TrueHD all the time on Framestors.  That's Framestor's signature - HD audio on MKV - pioneers actually, but now that type of signature (MKV+HD Audio) is already shared by Kralimarkos, HDManiacs and other prime encoding groups.  Only Eureka sticks with BDMV.  But their encodes are certainly having HD audio.

Of course your C200 should be able to do this on Framestors and Kralimarkos.

Subtitle problem is due to PGS and Vobsub.  It's also my problem but I'm dealing with it by remuxing with  SRTs - HD audio kept as is of course.

Thanks sir. I just check my messages and found out it was you who forwarded me to Framestore site. Thanks by the way. Sayang lang nasira mga files ko. Ganda kasing pang testing nang NMT capabilities nang mga files dun..
Walang Setup

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #104 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 10:38 AM »
Uyyyy...may mangkukulam dito....ingat. :D :D :D :D

brader I still have my R200 and still happy with it  ;) mas nagagamit ko lang yung S800 because of the Full BD Menu  :) and the PQ & AQ improvement ay bakit ko naisulat ito  ;D First time ko sa Sigma eh the other NMTs that I had puro Realtek pala yun

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 05:51 PM »
hi guys, i noticed that this player is not shutting down properly bec. My HDD is always being scanned by my laptop every time i connect it. what i normally do is just press the red power button on the remote and when the LG sign comes up on the TV, I then press the main power button off from the NMT. is there anything i forgot to do to properly shut it down? tia.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 06:16 PM »
hi guys, i noticed that this player is not shutting down properly bec. My HDD is always being scanned by my laptop every time i connect it. what i normally do is just press the red power button on the remote and when the LG sign comes up on the TV, I then press the main power button off from the NMT. is there anything i forgot to do to properly shut it down? tia.

Sometimes, i observe this when you power off while movie plays, or a file is open or transferring/moving and was powered off without cancel.

I stop playback first and then power off  (graceful power off does the trick for me).

HTH
jim@toys4geeks

« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2011 at 07:54 PM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline Furry

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 09:46 PM »
Sometimes, i observe this when you power off while movie plays, or a file is open or transferring/moving and was powered off without cancel.

I stop playback first and then power off  (graceful power off does the trick for me).

HTH
jim@toys4geeks

Same here. I always stop the current movie first and even press the home button to return to the main menu. Just being protective of the hard drive lang :)

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 09:54 PM »
Same here. I always stop the current movie first and even press the home button to return to the main menu. Just being protective of the hard drive lang :)

+1...Same here
Walang Setup

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 10:14 PM »
yup, that's what i do also. i make sure i'm in the home(main menu). and just now my laptop did the scandisk again to the 1 TB WD elements. i already pressed stop on the movie i'm watching and clicked the home button on the remote.  :-[

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Jun 29, 2011 at 11:41 PM »
yup, that's what i do also. i make sure i'm in the home(main menu). and just now my laptop did the scandisk again to the 1 TB WD elements. i already pressed stop on the movie i'm watching and clicked the home button on the remote.  :-[

Can you check the permission of the WD drive? Give full access to Everyone..
Walang Setup

Offline Furry

• DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Jun 30, 2011 at 01:39 PM »
Vortex, from your laptop/PC, how do you connect to the 1tb on your player? Do you use a USB cable or via wifi?

If via USB, why not just click on the safely remove hardware (systray) on your laptop first before shutting down the player? Medyo hassle pero that's what I do when for external USB devices as a best practice lang.

If via wifi naman, close mo muna yun window that accesses the 192.168.x.x IP address of your NMT. Then try powering it off.

Keep us posted!

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Jun 30, 2011 at 05:52 PM »
via usb cable bro.yup, i always do that.  thing is, xtreamer doesn't do this to the HDD and if that is the case you would really know the culprit... and that's r200 not shutting down properly whatever the procedural shutdown I do.

thanks guys for the help. baka maayos to ng next firmware update.  :)

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Jun 30, 2011 at 07:26 PM »
Hi vortex,

your device is via USB, kindly look at disabling the shares and torrent service?
reboot, redo your usual access and exit, and verify if problem goes away, (just to isolate that which service is causing your WD elements to not close properly).

My R200 setup is 2  SATA (internal and external)and works ok,  and i'll try an external USB 2.5"(generic) later and see from there.

Just the same, i'll ask egreat re: WD elements you are experiencing, may i have the model or part number of the elements so i can communicate the case.

Regards,
Jim

« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2011 at 07:28 PM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Jun 30, 2011 at 07:52 PM »
where would i find this:
kindly look at disabling the shares and torrent service

WD Elements Model no.: WDBAAU0010HBK-SESN

thanks bro.

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Jun 30, 2011 at 08:14 PM »
Can you check the permission of the WD drive? Give full access to Everyone..

tried it buy still the same bro.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Jun 30, 2011 at 08:37 PM »
where would i find this:
kindly look at disabling the shares and torrent service

WD Elements Model no.: WDBAAU0010HBK-SESN

thanks bro.

i think under System or network servics, if you see BT/SAMBA running toggle it to stop. and reboot.
toy

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Jul 01, 2011 at 12:58 PM »
i think under System or network servics, if you see BT/SAMBA running toggle it to stop. and reboot.

can't find it sir eh, paki follow up na lang sa egreat kung may fix dito sir, baka kase masira HDD ko eh because everytime i'll use the NMT it will definitely not shutdown the HDD properly which can eventually cause HDD failure dahil sa bad sectors or something. thanks sa help.

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Jul 01, 2011 at 08:03 PM »

Thanks bro Jim for the extra troubleshooting help... my problem has been solved. I just turned off the BT/Samba. That's the process that is still working in the background even if you turn off the unit pala.

thanks din to everyone who posted to help me.  :)  :)

Offline Furry

• DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Jul 01, 2011 at 08:25 PM »
Thanks bro Jim for the extra troubleshooting help... my problem has been solved. I just turned off the BT/Samba. That's the process that is still working in the background even if you turn off the unit pala.

thanks din to everyone who posted to help me.  :)  :)

Teka, di ko alam yun ah. So if BT is running on the NMT, then when you turn off the power through the remote, it's still running/downloading? :)

Good to know your issue has been fixed Vortex!

Sir Jim, antayin ko pa din yun firmware update baka sakali may further improvements pa sa BT stability and GUI :)