Author Topic: PBA Season 37  (Read 141483 times)

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
Re: PBA Season 37
« Reply #270 on: Dec 07, 2011 at 09:02 AM »
alvin patrimonio now owns the "iron man" distinction, i.e., the player who has consecutively started a game the most number of times. at the time he "stole" the distinction from dante gonzalgo, he was actually suffering from an injury and was supposedly not allowed to play. he was then tied with gonzalgo with the most number of consecutive starts. purefoods made him start the game and the team committed a foul immediately after the first ball possession. thereafter, patrimonio was then immediately taken out of the game and spent the whole night on the bench.

brader, parang pilit naman makuha lang yung record  :-\ 
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #271 on: Dec 07, 2011 at 08:10 PM »
exactly. in fact, sinabi ng purefoods before the start of that game na ganun ang gagawin nila. at ganyan din observation ng panel. IIRC, si andy jao at si quinito ang commentators nun.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #272 on: Dec 13, 2011 at 09:46 PM »
start na ng quarters bukas...
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #273 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 02:43 AM »
All of the SMC teams have long been notorious for "keeping" players ..... despite, offers from other teams. Just goes to show what kind of benefits SMC offer their players.

Not so long ago, Pena (then with SMB) & Homer Se (then with GINEBRA) were placed in the reserved list, yet did not entertain offers from other teams ..... tells you something right.

=============================================================================

Hatfield is likely feeling the economic pinch in the US .... hence, the return back to the PBA.

Doesnt seem right, that Hatfield will come and go as he pleases .... but he's still good for the PBA. His effort is second to none (probably second to Pingris).

hey,don't ignore another ginebra player,willy wilson.that guy even outrebounds and scores in low post against the opponents center  ;D

Offline wengkapre

• DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
« Reply #274 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 10:08 AM »
hey,don't ignore another ginebra player,willy wilson.that guy even outrebounds and scores in low post against the opponents center  ;D

+1tb ako kay w. wilson neybor, he's one of the reason why ginebra is one of the top rebounding team this season  ;)

Offline mikz023

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #275 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 10:16 AM »
+1tb ako kay w. wilson neybor, he's one of the reason why ginebra is one of the top rebounding team this season  ;)

I don't know how many lucky charms that w.wilson have.  :D He always getting the ball at the right place and at the right time.  :D
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2011 at 01:39 PM by mikz023 »

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #276 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 10:33 AM »
despite his size, willie wilson is one of the top rebounders of the pba. as many as been saying, he plays much bigger than his size. and he has improved a lot since coming to ginebra. it's all about being at the right place at the right time. he may not be that big, and he does not jump that high, but his position and his timing seems to be always perfect.

Offline wengkapre

• DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 11:09 AM »
despite his size, willie wilson is one of the top rebounders of the pba. as many as been saying, he plays much bigger than his size. and he has improved a lot since coming to ginebra. it's all about being at the right place at the right time. he may not be that big, and he does not jump that high, but his position and his timing seems to be always perfect.

& he is a very good passer too, a very high basketball I.Q. talaga, pano pa kaya kung naging 6'6 pa sya?  :D

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 11:17 AM »
& he is a very good passer too, a very high basketball I.Q. talaga, pano pa kaya kung naging 6'6 pa sya?  :D

i don't think he will be as efficient as he is kung naging 6'6" sya. definitely maiiba ang style nyan kung tumangkad yan.

Offline wengkapre

• DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 11:24 AM »
kunsabagay, pero malay mo naman kung mala-abuda kung lumaki-laki sya, I think marami syang natutunan kay Abuda nung nasa San Miguel pa sya

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #280 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 11:29 AM »
siguro nga. pero sabi nga nila, timing is one aspect of the game na hindi pwedeng ituro. talent at instinct ng player ang nagdi-dictate nyan.

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #281 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 11:34 AM »
a bit OT...parang si noli locsin...he was a monter under the boards despite his height (6'3" or 6'4"?). plus, meron pa syang hang-time despite his weight. pero kung tumagkad sya ng kaunti, malamang wala ung hang-time nya, pati mobility nya definitely mababawasan kasi bibigat sya.

Offline wengkapre

• DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
« Reply #282 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 11:45 AM »
6'2 lang si Noli Locsin brader, nakakalaro sya ni Tito Jovi  bro sa middle east, ang lakas pa din daw  :) 

Mukhang kabarangay kita ha brader? may best-of-3 na tayo sa byernes vs. ros, sa tingin ko kaya na ng Ginkings ngayon, ibang-iba na sila ngayon kumpara nung 1st meeting w/c ros won by only 1point, ano sa tingin mo?

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 11:57 AM »
6'2" lang pala...he was one player i admired a lot.

yup, die-hard. di pa ako nag-aaral, yan na ang team ko. my dad was the biggest influence. lahat kami sa bahay, ginebra dahil sa dad ko.  ;D

oo nga, friday ang game 1 ng quarter finals with RoS. on paper, i think kakayanin nila. they have jelled a lot since that first game. at nugn game na un, hindi pa ganyan ang intensity ni Mark. plus JJ is back. and so is rico villanueva. mga missing links sila nung first encounter. maierhoffer and maliksi are welcome additions, but i think chemistry will be a big factor. kaya i think they will be seeing limited minutes.

Offline wengkapre

• DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 12:32 PM »
plus ang laki ng improvement ni mike cortez, 3 consecutive best player of the game, I think bumalik na yung confidence nya sa kanyang mga outside shots, ibang-iba nadin yung team effort/chemistry, they play very unselfish basketball, they play now as a team  ;)

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #285 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 01:08 PM »
indeed. however, RoS is also a good team. gabe norwood and the over-rated paul lee can explode at any given time. their bench may not be that deep, but it is deep enough to provide them the needed support. i'm sure they will play a notch higher since this is already the quarters.

Offline wengkapre

• DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 01:34 PM »
Match na match si norwood kay KG & even maierhoffer sana kung makakalaro na sya...paul lee vs. cortez, mukhang ito talaga pinaghandaan ni mike sa tingin ko lang

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 02:09 PM »
i'm thinking na baka si labagala and wilson ang itapat kay lee. these two are more defensive than cortez. kay norwood naman, i think intal would be a better match. but i personally think na iba ang magbabantay kay norwood. one effective move against norwood is to take his mind off the game. madali masira ang laro nya pag napipikon. eh sino ba ang pinakamagaling mambwisit sa ginebra?  ;D

Offline TOY 01

• Trade Count: (+323)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #288 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 02:19 PM »
i'm thinking na baka si labagala and wilson ang itapat kay lee. these two are more defensive than cortez. kay norwood naman, i think intal would be a better match. but i personally think na iba ang magbabantay kay norwood. one effective move against norwood is to take his mind off the game. madali masira ang laro nya pag napipikon. eh sino ba ang pinakamagaling mambwisit sa ginebra?  ;D
Baka si tubid bro... ;D
Allan 0917-8975003 (Please indicate username)

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #289 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 03:20 PM »
Baka si tubid bro... ;D

+1

pero pag end game situation sa tingin ko MC47 will guard Paul Lee.

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 10:01 PM »
Baka si tubid bro... ;D

tumpak!!!  ;D
+1

pero pag end game situation sa tingin ko MC47 will guard Paul Lee.

i doubt. hindi din naman kasi defensive si mark eh. baka si john wilson pa.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #291 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 10:15 PM »
plus ang laki ng improvement ni mike cortez, 3 consecutive best player of the game, I think bumalik na yung confidence nya sa kanyang mga outside shots, ibang-iba nadin yung team effort/chemistry, they play very unselfish basketball, they play now as a team  ;)

i havent been watching the PBA lately but if its true Cortez is playing well, then i hope tuloy tuloy na yan. He was a player i admired during his DLSU days.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #292 on: Dec 14, 2011 at 11:57 PM »
patay ang bmeg, sinabugan ni el granada.... very god game by David,, Lassiter and Casio... As I said if these 3 play their best I think Powerade has a chance on an upset...

Offline -sniper-

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #293 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 03:04 PM »
what a heart-breaker for barako bulls...

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #294 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 03:17 PM »
what a heart-breaker for barako bulls...

their fault really.. stupid coaching killed their chances even before the quarters started.. they could have gone up to 4-6th place if they had a decent coach.. and they could have won last night if they had a coach who knew what he was doing.. still baffles me why he would use Gatumbato over Artadi in guarding Jason Castro..

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 379
« Reply #295 on: Dec 15, 2011 at 03:50 PM »
Yup .... Baculi did have some head-scratching moves made this conference ..... benching Jondan Salvador for good, over-reliance on Pena & inconsistent minutes for Seigle - heavy minutes one game, benched the next, etc.

However, I kinda like Baculi for BARAKO BULL ..... I give him a (barely) passing grade this conference.

Baculi was a perennial contender during his old AGFA/WELCOAT days & at one point was even considered to be Tim Cone's replacement - when ALASKA was struggling during the post-Abbarientos era.

The way Jason Castro has been playing (since last year), no one can guard him one-on-one in the PBA .... Castro has been absolutely beastin', despite his injuries.

If the MVP award can be given this early, Jason Castro should win it.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #296 on: Dec 16, 2011 at 09:08 AM »
I consider Baculi a good coach. He had his success in the amatuer league, but here in the PBA, its different as uhe has to deal with the team's OLD superstars and thats hard for a coach kya nga minsan coaches would rather get new young bloods kesa deal with these hard headed stars of old.

Castro is indeed playing very and he deserves the conference best player award.
He should also be part of GILAS  should they start preparing again for international competition.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: Dec 16, 2011 at 09:58 PM »
only 33pts in the first half for RoS.. How the hell do you let them score 43pts in the 4th quarter alone?! akala ko ba never say die ang Ginebra? that was a painful loss..
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2011 at 09:59 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: Dec 18, 2011 at 07:58 PM »
Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is what you call an upset!

Amazing performance by Powerade against B-Meg. They had to win twice against a team that was on an 8-game winning streak. A team that had Tim Cone as coach. With players like James Yap, Kerby Raymundo, Joe Devance, PJ Simon and Marc Pingris. With the backing of San Miguel Corp.

And they beat them twice!

Gary David just made himself a superstar. JV Casio justified Powerade's choice of him as the number 1 pick. And Marcio Lassiter officially introduced himself to the Filipino basketball fans.

And last but not the least, Bo Perasol and JB Baylon just made me so ashamed for criticizing how they've built this team so far.

Fluke man o hinde, what Powerade just did is something basketball fans would remember for quite a while.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 379
« Reply #299 on: Dec 18, 2011 at 08:26 PM »
^ Great game. Indeed it was a monumental upset ...... there was basketball justice - at least for this night.

It took another David (last one was Bal David) for an 8th seed to knock-out the 1st seed.

Aside from the ultra-loaded BMEG lineup, POWERADE was also being blasted by the 3-referees practically the whole game (mostly non-calls on their side) ..... still cant believe that Urboztondo wasn't given a taunting technical.

Despite the odds, POWERADE somehow pulled it through with lights-out shooting. Gary David was DA MAN.

Congrats to my "neighbor" Perasol - though I still dont think he's equipped for POWERADE to contend & contend consistently.

Congrats also to JB Baylon, like I've posted earlier .... a top-notch guy (always supporting various national squads). He still doesnt have the basketball savvy to be a top team governor - but he deserves this great win and whatever success his team gets.