Author Topic: Official Cayin Thread  (Read 228321 times)

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
Re: Official Cayin Thread
« Reply #420 on: Jul 03, 2008 at 07:19 PM »
Dear customers...

Our Cayin shipment has arrived.  Those who have reserved units please call us so that we can arrange delivery of your orders.

Cayin Phono One is also available :)  thats our new model for this shipment.

Kindly pm price of the Cayin Phono One

Regards,
JoeyGS

Offline Adam Warlock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Audio is hobby not obsession
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #421 on: Jul 04, 2008 at 02:37 PM »
Below is the tentative pricing from cayin. Will keep updating this thread for changes  :)

Integrated Amplifier Cayin SP-1A: Rock on wood
Tentative Price PHP70,000.00

There are lots of retro Hi-Fi components today. But this one is different. Instead of only copying the design of the 60ties and 70ties, the SP-10A also sounds like amplifiers used to sound at that time: rich, smooth and warm. Small wonder, it still uses the same basic technology with four 6L6 power valves in the output stage.

The press was impressed by that smart combination of traditional values and traditional craftsmanship. Renowned German reviewer Hannes Maier remarked in his testreport in “stereoplay 5/08”, that the whole construction is well designed from the gold plated inputs through the circuit layout to the solid copper speaker terminals.

A class of it’s own is the remote made of aluminium with fine wooden side panels. It not only controls the amplifier, but also the CD-Player SP-CD300

Power Amplifier Cayin SP-40M: Woodstock reloaded

This power amp matches the pre amplifier Cayin SP-30S from the concept and design. If you think you need more power or flexibility than our integrated amp can provide, you should have a close look at that one: it boosts 40 watts x 2, which is more than sufficient to drive most speakers. This power output is archived by a larger mains transformer and a combination of four KT88-EH, one 12AX7 and two 12AU7 valves. The whole design is simple, but straight: the 20-kilo component is available with different wooden cabinets accompanied by a heavy aluminium front. The sound reflects the classical appearance of the SP series and reminds of a time when valve components weren’t analytical at all.

CD-Player Cayin SP-CD300: Wood’n Chips

This CD-Player blends the latest digital technology with a traditional valve output stage. Burr Brown manufactures the D/A converters of the type 1792 which are known for fine resolution. The famous German Hi-Fi reviewer Hannes Maier from “stereoplay” expressed his admiration about the sophisticated construction of the Cayin SP-CD300. It even has a kind of siren sound preventing children from playing around with the nice rocker switches.

The SP-CD300 matches the style of the integrated amplifier SP-10A and has balanced XLR-inputs for safe signal transmission. If you prefer the RCA connection, the transformers of the CD-Player will isolate the circuit against ground noise.

For controlling the whole SP Series with one remote, you can use the system controller – a piece of metal with wooden side panels that pleases the eye.

The sound of the SP-CD300 is really like you would expect it from a traditional valve component: It’s warm, rich and smooth like a good vintage vine.

Pre Amplifier Cayin SP-30S: Magic Tube

Besides using the integrated amplifier SP-10A that was praised by the press, you can build up a more flexible system with the separate pre amplifier Cayin SP-30S. So you keep all benefits of the traditional style in sound and design, but can drive more critical speakers with more power than the main amp Cayin SP-40M is capable. The pre amp can be controlled with the very attractive system remote made of aluminium and wood to reflect the design of the whole SP range. The sound is as classical as the retro look – a well-balanced reminiscence to the golden age of Hi-Fi.

Offline odyoboy

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #422 on: Jul 10, 2008 at 12:24 PM »
Kindly pm price of the Cayin Phono One

Regards,
JoeyGS

Send you sms message sir

Cayin Phono-One almost sold out from a source at AA  :) :) :)
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2008 at 02:12 PM by odyoboy »

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #423 on: Jul 11, 2008 at 10:31 AM »
Send you sms message sir

Cayin Phono-One almost sold out from a source at AA  :) :) :)

This is a good phono amp.  One of my audio mate is currently using this.  Too bad its out of my budget.  Congrats on a great product.

Offline AudioAmplified

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #424 on: Jul 11, 2008 at 04:12 PM »
This is a good phono amp.  One of my audio mate is currently using this.  Too bad its out of my budget.  Congrats on a great product.

Thanks sir... we always strive to bring in products that are good value for money :) 

Offline renrico

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #425 on: Jul 16, 2008 at 09:04 AM »
Hi Sirs,

Sent you pm.

Thanks.

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #426 on: Jul 16, 2008 at 04:09 PM »
Hi Sirs,

Sent you pm.

Thanks.

replied na sir.  please check or pm me if you havent received my reply.

thanks

Offline renrico

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #427 on: Jul 16, 2008 at 06:34 PM »
replied na sir.  please check or pm me if you havent received my reply.

thanks

Got it. Thanks.  :)

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #428 on: Jul 18, 2008 at 05:59 PM »
Now Playing at Audio Amplified

ROOM 1

Cayin A70T Integrated Amp 6550EH Tube 55watts/channel
Cayin CD100i Tube Cd Player
ERA Design 10 Speaker
Mundorf Interconnect
Mundorf Speaker Wire
Xindak XF-500 Line Conditioner

ROOM 2

Cayin 860 Monoblock Power Amp 6550EH Tube 70watts/channel
Cayin SC6LS Pre-Amp
Cayin CDT-17a Tube CD Player
Aurum Cantus V3F Speaker
Mundorf Interconnect
Mundorf Speaker Wire
Xindak XF-1000 Line Conditioner

Please drop by to audition this beauties. You can also call 395-5115 for sched ;D ;D

Offline dench

• Collector
  • The most beautiful sound next to silence.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #429 on: Jul 22, 2008 at 05:17 PM »
Below is the tentative pricing from cayin. Will keep updating this thread for changes  :)

Integrated Amplifier Cayin SP-1A: Rock on wood

There are lots of retro Hi-Fi components today. But this one is different. Instead of only copying the design of the 60ties and 70ties, the SP-10A also sounds like amplifiers used to sound at that time: rich, smooth and warm. Small wonder, it still uses the same basic technology with four 6L6 power valves in the output stage.

The press was impressed by that smart combination of traditional values and traditional craftsmanship. Renowned German reviewer Hannes Maier remarked in his testreport in “stereoplay 5/08”, that the whole construction is well designed from the gold plated inputs through the circuit layout to the solid copper speaker terminals.

A class of it’s own is the remote made of aluminium with fine wooden side panels. It not only controls the amplifier, but also the CD-Player SP-CD300

Power Amplifier Cayin SP-40M: Woodstock reloaded

This power amp matches the pre amplifier Cayin SP-30S from the concept and design. If you think you need more power or flexibility than our integrated amp can provide, you should have a close look at that one: it boosts 40 watts x 2, which is more than sufficient to drive most speakers. This power output is archived by a larger mains transformer and a combination of four KT88-EH, one 12AX7 and two 12AU7 valves. The whole design is simple, but straight: the 20-kilo component is available with different wooden cabinets accompanied by a heavy aluminium front. The sound reflects the classical appearance of the SP series and reminds of a time when valve components weren’t analytical at all.

CD-Player Cayin SP-CD300: Wood’n Chips

This CD-Player blends the latest digital technology with a traditional valve output stage. Burr Brown manufactures the D/A converters of the type 1792 which are known for fine resolution. The famous German Hi-Fi reviewer Hannes Maier from “stereoplay” expressed his admiration about the sophisticated construction of the Cayin SP-CD300. It even has a kind of siren sound preventing children from playing around with the nice rocker switches.

The SP-CD300 matches the style of the integrated amplifier SP-10A and has balanced XLR-inputs for safe signal transmission. If you prefer the RCA connection, the transformers of the CD-Player will isolate the circuit against ground noise.

For controlling the whole SP Series with one remote, you can use the system controller – a piece of metal with wooden side panels that pleases the eye.

The sound of the SP-CD300 is really like you would expect it from a traditional valve component: It’s warm, rich and smooth like a good vintage vine.

Pre Amplifier Cayin SP-30S: Magic Tube

Besides using the integrated amplifier SP-10A that was praised by the press, you can build up a more flexible system with the separate pre amplifier Cayin SP-30S. So you keep all benefits of the traditional style in sound and design, but can drive more critical speakers with more power than the main amp Cayin SP-40M is capable. The pre amp can be controlled with the very attractive system remote made of aluminium and wood to reflect the design of the whole SP range. The sound is as classical as the retro look – a well-balanced reminiscence to the golden age of Hi-Fi.

Tyrone/Noel,

These stuff look very nice. Wow!
VPI~Verity Audio~Cary Audio~Dynavector~Sutherland~Unison Research~REL~Audio Sensibility~Massif

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #430 on: Jul 22, 2008 at 08:26 PM »
havent seen them in person yet so... until we visit the HK audio fair its all just pictures hehehe

Offline nelsonwy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #431 on: Jul 25, 2008 at 02:10 AM »
I got a A-70T amp, I think it is auto-bias version as there is no switch to set bias.  I want to replace the tube with telefunken EL34 quad.  Can I put in any 4 unmatched EL34 quad?  Will the amp auto tune the current for each tube?

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #432 on: Jul 26, 2008 at 09:41 AM »
Yes the amp with auto calibrate the tubes.  However try to make sure that the values are not very far apart (like 3 are very good and 1 is weak).  You may bring your tubes to our showroom and we can test them for you FREE of charge just to be sure your system is optimized.

Actually... the auto bias version is the one with the toggle switch.  Please pm adam warlock your serial number so that he can double check.  If you plug in el34 on a 6550 version it might blow your tube.

Offline nelsonwy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #433 on: Jul 28, 2008 at 01:32 AM »
Do you mean the kt88/el34 switch?  Yes, there are two switcheses on top of my A-70T.  Currently I am using EH el34 tubes.  So it should be okay to change to other el34 tubes?

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #434 on: Jul 28, 2008 at 07:46 PM »
Better to test the tubes first before replacing the old ones. Is your tube NOS or Used? Please post or PM the serial number.

Cheers
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2008 at 07:47 PM by Adam Warlock »

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #435 on: Jul 28, 2008 at 11:10 PM »
Do you mean the kt88/el34 switch?  Yes, there are two switcheses on top of my A-70T.  Currently I am using EH el34 tubes.  So it should be okay to change to other el34 tubes?

pm us the serial number and we can double check for you.  un matched is ok as long as values are not way apart.  we can test tubes for you for free :)

Offline A.Chua

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #436 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 11:55 PM »

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #437 on: Aug 13, 2008 at 09:32 AM »
Manager Ma is a very nice guy... friendly and accommodating even with small distributors like us.  He actually visited the Philippine Hi-Fi show once (3 yrs ago).  It was a good experience since it opened his eyes to the minute size of the Philippine audio industry at least compared to China; nevertheless Cayin is very supportive of the Philippines allowing us to get special models just like the 800MK and wiring all our products 220V 60Hz.

Very humble guy.

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #438 on: Aug 14, 2008 at 12:38 PM »
link to new Cayin products: Interview with Cayin manager Mr. MA

http://www.audionet.com.tw/index.php/2008-08-06-03-51-50/2008-08-06-03-57-53/291-2008-08-12-02-32-39.html

care to share and english translation sir :)

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #439 on: Aug 30, 2008 at 10:34 AM »
My Cayin A70T  ;D

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2008 at 10:42 AM by qguy »

Offline A.Chua

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #441 on: Aug 30, 2008 at 11:39 PM »
good job, mr.Qguy

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #443 on: Sep 01, 2008 at 09:48 PM »
hehehe...  well the key points are understandable naman.
1) Cayin is ISO certified and is the biggest hifi producer in China
2) Cayin supply 60+% of all hifi equipment in Japan of which 80% are designed by Cayin
3) Cayin took several years to learn to upgrade their standards to enter Japan market

what else...  they have nice new products?  Those in wood that we will bring in eventually hahaha

All in all its a very good article that gives us confidence and pride in distributing Cayin given that it dominates the Japan market which is one of the strictest and most stringent in the world.

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #444 on: Sep 11, 2008 at 12:46 PM »
Wow :o :o Cayin set a standard in Chinese made Electronics, others should follow to be globally competitive  :)

Offline AudioAmplified

• DVD Addict
  • www.audioamplified.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #445 on: Sep 11, 2008 at 09:01 PM »
except for the lipsync girl i think China has proven to the world its capability in both innovation and workmanship during the Olympics.  The bird's nest stadium, water cube and the opening and closing ceremonies are the best ever in an Olympic... which even the British admitted they could not match. 

Offline ganicru

• Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #446 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 09:41 AM »
Dear Audio Amplified,  I am a proud owner of a Cayin CDT 15A, tube CD player for over a year now. Lately, I have been experiencing a not so annoying disturbance from the player. When the player completed playing the CD, I will push the open button and replaced it with another CD then push the close button, then push the play button. A slow music with static sound (parang plaka na 33 rpm na play sa 45 track na may frying tone) for some seconds until it sounds on the right speed without static na, until matapos ulit.  Just wondering what this means? Malapit na kayang masira yung CD player ko?  Any suggestion on how to monitor this sort of symptoms?

Thanks,

« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2008 at 09:54 AM by ganicru »
Panasonic PV70
Bose acoustimass 7, vcs10, mdl100x3
Velodyne CHT 8R
Kenwood KRF X9090D
Sony BDP S

Offline Adam Warlock

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #447 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 12:20 PM »
I'm sorry sir but we cant diagnose your CDT-15a here. I you have time kindly bring it to our shop for analysis.
Our address: 2/F Unit 3 and 4 Madison Square Bldg., Libis QC. Across shopwise in between BPI and MBTC
Tel 395-5115 Telefax 637-0250

Cheers

Offline ganicru

• Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #448 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 01:36 PM »
Ah OK, I just thought you might have had an experience like this na. I'm from Binan,Laguna, will just observe the unit and when it conks out dead, saka ko na lang dalhin dyan. I'm just trying to have a feel kung kailangan na bang irepair o pwede pa. Thanks sa reply (safe answer).
Panasonic PV70
Bose acoustimass 7, vcs10, mdl100x3
Velodyne CHT 8R
Kenwood KRF X9090D
Sony BDP S

Offline bass_nut

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 71
« Reply #449 on: Sep 16, 2008 at 08:55 PM »
finally... i found your thread sir Tyrone & sir Noel ;)

here is my humble share
pleasing experience with Cayin CDT-17a which i acquired less than a year ago brand new and "tweaked" at AudioAmplified Philippines... it beats an entry level turntable hands down... my other turntable w/ a lyra dorian MC hooked on a trichord research phono amp barely beats it in sonic quality... barely... oh, with LPs that were not manufactured well my Cayin 17a CD player played better than my analog source... that is, thru my ears and taste

hence, here i am crazy running after music CDs here & there... hahaha... believe me... my Cayin CDT-17a rocks !!!

OT: here are my latest find...  super inexpensive discoveries that will join my most treasured digital collection... hard to find albums !!!... viola!!... grabbed me multiple copies to share to friends... hehehe

btw, sir Tyrone, sir Noel and their staff are very easy to deal with... very very kind and very approachable...

kindest regards,
fer
angeles city
« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2008 at 08:59 PM by bass_nut »