Author Topic: The Lord Of The Rings DVDs  (Read 156381 times)

Offline greatbop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm not a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Lord Of The Rings DVDs
« Reply #960 on: May 31, 2004 at 12:43 PM »
^yep.. that's the Canadian Version. that's the versions that i have. exactly the same version as the US though.

Offline harryp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #961 on: May 31, 2004 at 02:44 PM »
so anong difference ng canadian sa us version? and saan s quad merong rotk? oh my! gusto k na magkacopy!!!

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #962 on: May 31, 2004 at 03:48 PM »
I have a cousin working for the customs. He told me that he heard over there that the R1 LOTR:ROTK that's supposed to be released here on May 26 then moved to May 31 will be delayed even further by as much as a few more weeks. Earlist daw would be by around the middle of June. Don't ask me about the details, that's all I know about it.  :'(  :'(  :'(

Parang ganyan rin yung nangyari sa Lion King R1 na pinahirapan sa Customs.  Expect long delays with this one also.

Offline animated

• Collector
  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
  • Liked:
« Reply #963 on: May 31, 2004 at 06:26 PM »

Parang ganyan rin yung nangyari sa Lion King R1 na pinahirapan sa Customs.  Expect long delays with this one also.

but i wonder why they had to choose this particular DVD... i mean... the first 2 LOTR got released in time. hmm...  ???

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #964 on: May 31, 2004 at 06:43 PM »
Astrovision just texted me, delayed na naman to June 5 yung release. Packing sheet! Kakainis na yung dalawang delays nila!!  >:( >:( >:(

Offline greatbop

• DVD Guru
  • I'm not a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #965 on: May 31, 2004 at 11:28 PM »
so anong difference ng canadian sa us version? and saan s quad merong rotk? oh my! gusto k na magkacopy!!!

NO DIFFERENCE WHATSOEVER in terms of DVD content. Same great transfer, exact same audio, exact same features.

Yung packaging lang is a bit different. Since it has to be in bi lingual. and yung dvd case is in plain black- instead of being in blue.

Offline ThePatriot

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #966 on: May 31, 2004 at 11:48 PM »

hanggang kelan tayo maghihintay?  >:( :( dapat diyan discounted na yung price pag dumating ...  ;D ;D ;D

Offline aldrinpsx

• DVD Guru
  • Region 1 fanatic!!!!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #967 on: Jun 01, 2004 at 01:15 AM »

hanggang kelan tayo maghihintay?  >:( :( dapat diyan discounted na yung price pag dumating ...  ;D ;D ;D

brod....dito madami...nagkalat  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PEACE!!!

Offline casanegro

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • "Manos", The Hands of Fate
  • Liked:
« Reply #968 on: Jun 01, 2004 at 08:47 AM »
Another chismis from my cousin working at the customs:

LOTR ROTK R1 may not be released here after all. Mejo mainit daw yung technical issues regarding the title being an R1. Baka hihintayin na lang daw dumating yung R3 version and that would be the one that would be released. Expected date of arrival of the LOTR ROTK R3 is still indefinite daw. Perhaps this explains the unusual and constant delays for the title.

Now, C-Interactive has issued a statement that the LOTR ROTK R1 will be released on June 5. Somehow, I already find that hard to believe.

Again, please don't ask me about the details. This is all that I know.

Offline ert

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #969 on: Jun 01, 2004 at 06:48 PM »
Quote from: harryp on Yesterday at 02:44:44pm

sa may park square don..pangalan ng store 5th ave. katabi lang sya ng audio by design check mo na lang..

Offline toyfanatic

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • "ExEpTiOnAl ClArItY"
  • Liked:
« Reply #970 on: Jun 01, 2004 at 07:09 PM »

Yung packaging lang is a bit different. and yung dvd case is in plain black- instead of being in blue.

yikes!....I still prefer the blue casing, thats the intended color of the packaging talaga, that makes is distinct from the others

Offline ThePatriot

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #971 on: Jun 02, 2004 at 03:51 AM »

brod....dito madami...nagkalat  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PEACE!!!

padalhan mo naman kami dito brod aldrin ...  ;D ;D ;D

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #972 on: Jun 02, 2004 at 07:04 AM »
Another chismis from my cousin working at the customs:

LOTR ROTK R1 may not be released here after all. Mejo mainit daw yung technical issues regarding the title being an R1. Baka hihintayin na lang daw dumating yung R3 version and that would be the one that would be released. Expected date of arrival of the LOTR ROTK R3 is still indefinite daw. Perhaps this explains the unusual and constant delays for the title.

Now, C-Interactive has issued a statement that the LOTR ROTK R1 will be released on June 5. Somehow, I already find that hard to believe.

Again, please don't ask me about the details. This is all that I know.

If there are technical issues regarding the R1 format, how come Viva seems to have no problems releasing R1 formats ahead of the R3 release.  They have been regularly releasing R1 DVDs (such as Lion King, Lion King 1-1/2, Brother Bear, Pirates of the Carribean, Finding Nemo, etc.).  Baka naman hindi maayos ang importation ng C-Interactive kaya hindi ma-release ng customs ang stock?

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #973 on: Jun 02, 2004 at 12:30 PM »
As of yesterday at Video City still no stocks of ROTK Region 1. They are giving away free poster also if you buy the dvd.
« Last Edit: Jun 02, 2004 at 12:35 PM by keating »

Offline silhouette

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Bon Jour!
  • Liked:
« Reply #974 on: Jun 02, 2004 at 07:14 PM »
Just visited Astro Glo Mkti, wait until next week daw...  I just hope may hinihintay tayo. ;D

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #975 on: Jun 02, 2004 at 09:28 PM »
Got my ROTK just now at astro, unfortunately, in their haste to release it, the people who attached the vrb stickers to the dvd case used a blade to cut the shrinkwrap which unfortunately cut the plastic of the dvd case itself. of all the r1's that astro has imported, this is the first time something like this has happened.  :'(
« Last Edit: Jun 02, 2004 at 09:29 PM by daigoro »

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #976 on: Jun 02, 2004 at 09:38 PM »
daigoro, which Astro branch are you referring to?  Are they now officially releasing the ROTK DVD here?  There was word that C-Interactive was having trouble at customs and planned to release it June 5 pa.
We deserve better.

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #977 on: Jun 02, 2004 at 09:39 PM »
sm city north edsa got it at 830pm. i wouldn't have posted it if it weren't so since i have no reason to do it otherwise
« Last Edit: Jun 02, 2004 at 09:41 PM by daigoro »

Offline sillyputty

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #978 on: Jun 02, 2004 at 09:50 PM »
magkano po ang r1 rotk sa astro?

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #979 on: Jun 02, 2004 at 09:51 PM »
P1300

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #980 on: Jun 02, 2004 at 10:28 PM »
sm city north edsa got it at 830pm. i wouldn't have posted it if it weren't so since i have no reason to do it otherwise

Thanks.  I wasn't implying anything negative about your post.  I was just surprised that C-Interactive has finally released the ROTK DVD, and that they've released it on a date that's earlier than what they have been telling other PinoyDVD members (see posts on the ROTK DVD R3 thread).  C-Interactive hasn't been very consistent with their announcements.
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2004 at 12:56 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline Baluts

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #981 on: Jun 03, 2004 at 03:13 AM »
hey sure na ba kayo na nagrelease na sa sm north edsa ng ROTK? sana kung naglabas nga du magkaron narn sa ibang branches kasi hindi nako makaintay makakuha ng isa.  ;D

Offline animated

• Collector
  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
  • Liked:
« Reply #982 on: Jun 03, 2004 at 07:24 AM »
Got my ROTK just now at astro, unfortunately, in their haste to release it, the people who attached the vrb stickers to the dvd case used a blade to cut the shrinkwrap which unfortunately cut the plastic of the dvd case itself. of all the r1's that astro has imported, this is the first time something like this has happened.  :'(

actually sir daigoro, this, unfortunately, is the second time this has happened. :( my Two Towers Theatrical Edition had the same cut on the plastic. i went back to astrovision ATC to have it replaced but all of their stocks had the cut where that confounded VRB sticker is placed. :(
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2004 at 07:27 AM by animated »

Offline ThePatriot

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #983 on: Jun 03, 2004 at 07:43 AM »
sana magkaroon na rin sa astro glorietta para makabili na bukas ...  :) :) :)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #984 on: Jun 03, 2004 at 08:43 AM »
Astrovision just texted me, delayed na naman to June 5 yung release. Packing sheet! Kakainis na yung dalawang delays nila!!  >:( >:( >:(

Indie boi...astro sm north has stocks already according to daigoro but the bad news is the dvd case has some cut...the plastic on the cover I mean... :(

Lahat kaya same cases in all astro branches? If that's the case I'll just wait from my relatives donation from the balikbayan box.  ;D

Offline hellboy23

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #985 on: Jun 03, 2004 at 12:23 PM »
just got my R1 ROTK from astrovision greenhills (not virra mall). may cut din sa plastic pero di masyado obvious. ang dami nilang stocks dun ng ROTK

Offline WideScreen

• Apprentice
  • Get ur own movie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #986 on: Jun 03, 2004 at 01:57 PM »
just bought one @ astro glorietta. i asked kung anong freebies nung me reservation, poster din daw just like what i got. buti na lang pina-cancel ko na reservation ko last week. wala din palang silbi ang pre-order nila.

btw, nasa insert nga pala yung picture ng ROTK extended edition to be released holiday 2004. blue din ang color ng casing.

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • squeeze meee !!! quack quack
  • Liked:
« Reply #987 on: Jun 03, 2004 at 03:07 PM »
Got my copy from Festival Mall already and to my disappointment, lahat nga ng copies ng ROTK meron slash in the area of the vrb sticker, as in I checked all of it and meron lahat, so I did the next best thing ... got the copy na meron smallest slash and buti nalang hindi tumagos sa hard plastic of the dvd.

Kainis the people from vrb  >:( >:( >:(  !!!

Thanks again daigoro for warning me about the cutter marks.

"Life is a work of art, designed by the one who lives it."

Offline ThePatriot

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #988 on: Jun 03, 2004 at 06:42 PM »
just bought one @ astro glorietta. i asked kung anong freebies nung me reservation, poster din daw just like what i got. buti na lang pina-cancel ko na reservation ko last week. wala din palang silbi ang pre-order nila.

btw, nasa insert nga pala yung picture ng ROTK extended edition to be released holiday 2004. blue din ang color ng casing.

thanks for the info brod  :) makasugod na nga rin sa astro glorietta bukas, mahirap nang maubusan ...  :)

Offline Jett

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #989 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 12:43 AM »
passed by Music One sa GB3 a few hours ago. meron na nga :) ... will buy one tomorrow.