Author Topic: Lexing DVD-DIVX Model 906  (Read 44292 times)

Offline bestbuy88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Lexing DVD-DIVX Model 906
« on: Sep 22, 2005 at 07:13 AM »
I shall post review and hopefully pics of this dvd player I bought last night at Raon Electronic Shops.

Please keep yourself posted. Uploading of pic might need the assistance of Monzki, or I might open a public fotki, picturetrail website siguro kasi di ako marunong mag upload dito. hehehehe...

Started test routine kagabi.

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
Re: Lexing DVD-DIVX Model 906
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2005 at 04:57 PM »
Bestbuy,

Di ko makita pics mo. I'm reposting them if you don't mind.

I see that you still have your 2650 with you. Mine won't read the second layer of DVD9s anymore.
« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2005 at 04:59 PM by Quitacet »

Offline m0b1u5

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Music is everywhere... we just have to listen...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2005 at 05:07 PM »
I shall post review and hopefully pics of this dvd player I bought last night at Raon Electronic Shops.

Please keep yourself posted. Uploading of pic might need the assistance of Monzki, or I might open a public fotki, picturetrail website siguro kasi di ako marunong mag upload dito. hehehehe...

Started test routine kagabi.
sir,
 how much score mo dito?

thanks...
Know Thyself!

Offline bestbuy88

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 24, 2005 at 07:38 AM »
Quitacet: I have to thank you for reposting the pics. I attempted after reading the HELP section of this site and tried. Parang palpak nga nangyari. Glad you came to the rescue!

Now the initial review:

LEXING DVD-DIVX 906. PRICE AT 1,700 PESOS FROM RAON ELECTRONIC SHOP'S HOPE STAR MARKETING, STALL 20 (sila lang kasi merong display nitong lexing na mas nagustuhan ko, although other stalls have many other "newer" models of Lexing, ito ang pinili ko kasi ito lang ang merong DIVX sa nameplate although untested yet and unverified ang feature na ito; and i prefer its looks, hindi masyadong funky kasi ang iba ngayon kulay orange tapos ang tray and keys merong blue LED lights, parang JOKEBOX hehehehehe...hindi jukebox ha, JOKEBOX hehehehe)

1. Lexing DVD-Divx-906 Model as printed on the front side. NOTE: THE DIVX IS UNTESTED. I HAVE NO DIVX DISCS TO TRY IT. Better say that as early as now because it is still unconfirmed. (picture #3)

2. Bulky aluminum body type. Tray is also the bulky (not slim) tray which i personally prefer. (picture #1)

3. Two Microphone In Jacks for Karaoke, One volume knob to control both mics na yata; kasi the second volume knob near the display is mark RADIO VOLUME. (picture #2) Yes, this unit comes with BUILT-IN FM RADIO RECEIVER!!! An antenna is attached to the back together with the exhaustive input/output jacks (picture to follow). As you might see from picture #2, the first button on the flourescent display is 'SCAN" which you press to scan FM stations! Speaker is also inside the chasis and comes out from left-right side where the heat vents are located.

4. (Picture 3) You will see there are four buttons here, one circular four-way shuttle ring and a center ENTER button. The four buttons are MENU, RETURN, PBC, FORWARD. Even without your remote control, you can see the Menu of the DVD disc, choose the options available (play/chapter select/subtitles/specialfeatures) if any in the dvd disc using the four-way shuttle and pressing ENTER middle button to enter your choice. Nice feature, at least kahit sira o nawawala ang remote control mo, you CAN STILL view the disc and make use of the basic options/commands! The standard STOP & PLAY/PAUSE are the other two separate keys, and on the flourescent display again, there is the N/P key which is to switch between NTSC and PAL/SECAM system. An EJECT/OPEN/CLOSE key is above the display, beside the tray. Flourescent display in blue LED lights.

5. (Picture 4 & 5) I placed the Lexing above my Skyworth #2650 for comparison. It is almost the same physically in size.

6. (Picutre to follow) At the back, there are TWO GAME PORT JACKS to attach two game pads (comes with the unit) to play first generation Nintendo video games via a CD (comes with the unit also) containing around 300 titles yata! I have not tried it though, but if it works, its another unique fun feature. No built-in games in the DVD player itself. There is complete input/outputa jacks for surround 5.1 channels, a VGA port for you to attach to your personal computer, STEREO SPEAKER JACKS (those in Red/Black na sinasaksak mo ang wire tapos iniipit ito ng jack; its not the same as the video/audio in/output jacks for TV; wait for pics to understand it na lang siguro.hehehehe); One switch for choosing between using the player as DVD or RADIO; and another switch which says IN/OUT, I dont know what it is but it is beside the Stereo Speaker Jacks so i guess you have to switch that in order for audio to come out from the speakers in the RADIO mode. And finally an antenna for the FM receiver is also present.

7.  Exhaust heat vents on the left and right side of the unit is present, which also serves as where audio comes out when using it as radio DAW. I have not tried the RADIO feature. I will correct this statement if it is wrong later. Yan lang ang sabi sa akin ng tindera.

INITIAL REVIEW ON PERFORMANCE:

1. The SETUP screen is exactly the same as Monzki's contribution in his Lexing DVD-8800 thread. Monzki attached pictures of the SETUP screen, and the DVD-Diovx-906 shares exactly the same format.

2. OBVIOUS DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SKYWORTH 2650, NEXTBASE DVD-9000 and this Lexing 906 is that even after two full length DVDs, each at 90minutes, the Lexing is DID NOT BECOME AS HOT AS EITHER Skyworth or Nextbase!!! I do not see any built in fan on the Lexing, yet, I was amazed na ang lamig ng chasis kung hahawakan mo. My Skyworth is like ang init init na even after just 20 minutes of use!!! But the Lexing 906 is malamig!!!! Take note, hindi ko pa yan tinutukan ng electric fan, and I was watching it without opening aircon of my room. Bow ako sa design or whatever Lexing had to make the unit operate without heating so much. Big big improvement over Skyworth/Nextbase ko talaga.

3. The Remote Control again is the same as Monzki's contribution picture in Lexing DVD-8800 thread. It is white, with one big EJECT button exclusively located on the upper most area, followed by the numerous buttons we see in most of any dvd remote controls.

4. WEIRD FACTOR #1: The Remote Control has a SURROUND SOUND button. However, if you are watching DVD, you CANNOT access that command. Invalid Key daw. I read the operator's manual and there was no mention that you cannot use it when watching DVD. For the meantime, my suspicion is that the SURROUND KEY is only available when either VCD, listening Audio CD or MP3s. Im not sure if this is available when listening to the Radio only. Remains to be seen. Will post when I have investigated on this feature more. Basta, when watching DVD, you CANNOT use the SURROUND key. Weird. I have encountered other brands before (di ko remember anong brand) where they also have Surround Key and it is accessible even when just watching DVDs (I think it was a PROMAC brand).

5. I tried watching the following kinds of DVDs and it recognized them all and played them:
a. Region One
b. Region Three
c. P-type
d. DVD-R burnt from my computer's dvd writer. DVD-R disc from CD-R King inhouse brand lang nila.
e. PAL DVD disc. Nag play normally in color, therefore meron internal switching automatic feature.
f.  A scratched DVD na kinuskos ng cousin ko sa sandpaper. It played, no skipping.

SIDE NOTE: Regarding the reading of DVD-R burnt on CD-R King's inhouse discbrand, I tried it also in the CURTIS BRAND (distributed by Techpoint, importer of Nextbase) and Curtis was NOT ABLE to read the burnt DVD-R disc.

6. WEIRD FACTOR #2: The first two DVDs i tried on it played OK. No problem. Each was around 90minutes long (March of the Penguins, Glen Campbell in Concert).  When I inserted a Sex in the City DVD, dito medyo may weirdness. This disc contains around 4 episodes of the TV show. I chose one of the episodes from the Menu and watched. After siguro mga 12minutes, BIGLANG NAG TRIP, IT STOPPED PLAYING AND THEN THE DEFAULT LEXING SCREEN APPEARED ON THE SCREEN. THE PLAYER READ THE DISC AND IT STARTED FROM THE BEGININING AS IF KAKALAGAY KO LANG NG DISC! Weird........ So I had to go to chapter select, select the episode, and then input to the estimated minute before it tripped. It then played till the end na.

Kagabi, I placed another miniseries DVD, Moonlighting, into the tray. I chosed one of the three episodes inside. Again around the 14th minute, IT TRIPPED, STOPPED, RE-READ THE DISC AND WENT BACK TO ORIGINAL MENU. I had to again chose the episode I was watching, skip to the minute where it first tripped and then watch from there. AND THEN AFTER LESS THAN TEN MINUTES, IT TRIPPED FOR THE SECOND TIME!! I had to again chose the episode, and then press to the minute i approximated where it tripped and watch from there. WEIRD!!

So, after finally finishing the episode, I stopped the playing. Ejected the same disc. Reloaded. And the again, REPEATED THE SAME EPISODE. This time, NO MORE TRIPPING. Ang weird...!!!

I think there is some mechanical defect but it will be so hard to convince the store, so I will let it pass for now. How can I prove the tripping eh di i have to spend so many minutes, pray that the disc I place will cause it to trip pa. Paano kung hindi? Weird noh...?

After that, to convince myself if there is a mechanical problem, I inserted a Lord of the Rings DVD into the player BUT I did not watch it anymore. I placed the LOTR disc on the tray at exactly 9PM last night. Then I went to go my routine of work, watching TV eat.... hinayaan ko lang magplay ang DVD sa tray. I just went to check if the minutes on the display should match the minutes past since 9PM. If i went to check at 9:20PM, dapat ang display should also show 20minutes has been playing. If the flourescent display does not register the same time elapsed since 9PM ibig sabihin, nag trip ito. Furthermore, pag nagtrip ito, it defaults back to the Original Screen and might not play at all kasi I am not there to chose the PLAY MOVIE command (although some discs I know will automatically start playing the feature movie even without pressing PLAY MOVIE after a certain minute has passed).

Well, I went back at around 9:25PM, then 9:40PM and finally 10:15PM and the elapsed time on the dvd display registered the CORRECT number of minutes since 9PM. What does that mean? It meant, it DID NOT TRIPPED, DID NOT STOP. (Note that my LOTR disc is not even in its tiptop condition physically anymore).

Weird noh?

So far that is what I can share. Tonite will be the last night for me to test and picture the unit since tomorrow aalis na ito papunta sa house ng friend ko. Pinabili lang sa akin ng DVD, and since di ko naman pera, I decided to be "bold" and buy the player I thought gave the most bang for the buck. At 1,700pesos, with built-in FM radio tuner (to be checked if working pa), with game port to play games, VGA port for computer, exhaustive in/output video audio jacks, reads most of the discs i placed on it, can play MP3...... Oh, and has KARAOKE PITCH UP AND DOWN +/- FOUR OPTION (but its not easy to use; they designed it on the SETUP Menu so when you are actually starting to sing and intend to change pitch level, you press SET UP and the music/screen stops while you go to access the pitch control dropdown screen, make your plus or minus choice, press SETUP again to go where you left off. If you happen to want to change pitch again kasi mali ang pitch level na napili mo, you have to press so many times again to reach the pitch control option!!)

At 1,700pesos and hopefully the tripping problem is NOT a big issue, the Lexing 906 seems to be a good buy. If the DIVX works, then it becomes a recommended buy. Im more worried with the weird tripping issue than the availability of Divx feature kasi wala naman akong Divx discs at all. hehehehe....

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: Sep 24, 2005 at 09:10 AM »
That tripping issue you mentioned could have been caused by a slight power surge. That would usually happen here at home because there's a lightpost here that's quite sensitive to strong winds.

Offline bestbuy88

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Sep 24, 2005 at 10:12 AM »
Oh i see.... but this unit is supposed to be 110v to 240volts autovolt. dapat kaya niya ang mga ganyang surge, di ba? hmmmm.... but a possible angle din siguro yan.

Offline bestbuy88

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Sep 24, 2005 at 01:03 PM »
ADDITIONAL FINDINGS:

1. The FM Radio works and the audio comes out indeed from the heat vents from the left and right side of the chasis. The stronger signaled FM Stations gave decent audio reception; the less strong signal intermittently stopped, very chappy. Partly because the player is now located inside a TV cabinet so getting signals is poor.

2. During Radio function, the display DOES NOT show anything at all. You have to guess what station you are in. The two key buttons on the left side of the Disc Tray controls the radio channel. The upper key RESETS the tuner back to the farthest end siguro. The SCAN button when pressed once goes to the next station that it can get reception. The right side volume knob indeed controls the volume of the radio audio.

3.  It can play MP3 discs.

4. When playing a DTS enabled DVD disc, and you chose DTS as the audio option, audio still comes out from the TV speakers.

Yan muna ang share ko. I forgot to test the SURROUND button when i was playing MP3 disc.

best to all.

Offline vision_of_love

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Sep 24, 2005 at 11:46 PM »
more reviews pls.?very helpful!thanks for all those inputs...

pls.test a divx disc...this is one feature that will seal my decision to buy this.thanks...

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Sep 25, 2005 at 01:31 AM »
Will someone please send Bestbuy88 a DivX file on CD-R or DVD-R already.  ;D  I'm sure we're all dying to find out if it's really DiVX-certified.

Kudos nga pala, Bestbuy88 for your detailed review of the Lexing 906. We really appreciate it. :)

Offline bestbuy88

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Sep 25, 2005 at 08:27 AM »
vision-of-love, battousai:

it is always my pleasure to share whatever findings i have with new brand dvd players I have in my possession. I believe to share this inofrmation helps not only me, but everyone, in determining what to buy and what to avoid; what to expect/not expect from the unit; what features makes it different/any improvement over previous players; and so on. I have learned so much from other members' posts here, including you both, and I deem it but natural to share as much as I can to everyone in our community here.

sadly today sunday, the unit is packed and will be out of my hands already. the last test i made was last night and these are the additional inputs I can share.

SORRY BUT I DO NOT POSSESS DIVX DISC, SO THIS REMAINS A MYSTERY, YET, IF YOU WILL SEE THE CLOSE UP PICTURE I TOOK OF THE NAMEPLATE AT THE BACK, IT IS REALLY PRINTED AS "MODEL DVD-DIVX-906"

Add'l infos:

1. Indeed, the SURROUND key button on the Remote Control is only working if the disc on the tray is either MP3, VCD or Audio Music CD. Hindi sya gagana pag DVD ang nakasalang. When a disc (excepting dVD) is placed and played, pressing the SURROUND key will flash on TV a Menu where you can choose between PRESET AMBIENCE (concert, church, rock, live, etc); EQUALIZER (passive, pop, opera, User's Personal Set up) and EQUALIZER GRAPHIC PRESENTATION where you see these bars and it goes up and down to the beat of the music. The content of the disc is continously played, so you can hear the different audio changes as you switch from the many choices.

ALSO, remember I was complaining earlier that I found the KEY PITCH CONTROL to be poorly designed in this model? Because initially I was testing with a DVD disc. And to access KEY PITCH CONTROL, you have to press SETUP, then go to AUDIO and choose PITCH and then chose the plus or minus direction, and then PRESS SETUP again to return to the DVD's content? (Whenever the SETUP is pressed, the movie you are playing is FROZEN on the screen so in this case, you are not aware if the pitch you changed is correct already until you end and repress SETUP to return to let the movie continue).

Well, it turns out that the KEY PITCH CONTROL is EASILY accessible provided you are not playing a DVD disc. If you placed a VCD disc and play it, press SURROUND and then choose KEY PITCH and you are presented the plus and minus bar/graph. Using the remote control (or the joystick like fourway shuttle ring on the chasis of the unit itself), press UP or DOWN to your desired key pitch level, AND since the content CONTINOUSLY PLAY, you CAN hear the changes of the pitch immediately, continously. When you feel you have hit the desired pitch, then press SURROUND to remove the Menu on the screen and then continue to sing!

2. I did NOT test if it reads Picture Files but I am presuming it does.

3. You can see more pictures later on the back side of the unit so you can see the complete input and output jacks for surround, s-video, two game ports for joypad, one VGA port for computer, the Stereo Speaker jacks I mentioned in an earlier post, the Antennae for the built in FM tuner, the 2 switches to control the player as DVD or Radio and if Radio is chosen, you have to switch to OUT so audio comes out from the side vents; A "PHONE" JACK i presume is for Head/Earphone (not tested) and the Nameplate at the back.

4. I might have missed something because I was not reading the manual anyway, but when I was playing a VCD yesterday, I hit the OSD (on screen display) button to see what happens. On the topmost part of the TV, you will see it reflects that the content was a VCD, the Tracks Number played/Number of Tracks in the disc, and the Time Lapse which continously changes every second. Pressing it again, the entire information rolls up and disappears. IN COMPARISON TO MY SKYWORTH DVD-2650, when I hit the OSD button, the first set of info is the same as the Lexings; when I hit the OSD of skyworth a second time, I am shown the time REMAINING for the TRACK being played; a third hit shows the REMAINING TIME FOR THE ENTIRE DISC, and a fourth hit removes the OSDisplay. I do not know how come this Lexing does NOT show the TIME REMAINING for both the track being played and for the entire disc. I might have missed out pressing something else, but for the meantime, that was what I noticed.

5. FINALLY, remember the tripping I complained in my initial posting? Well last night, it happened again. I was playing the DVD of MY FAVORITE BROADWAY LADIES (emceed by Julie Andrews). I went to chapter select and chose a song in the middle of the show already. I hit the chapter and it played. But after perhaps 2 minutes, IT TRIPPED, STOPPED, WENT BACK TO THE DEFAULT LEXING DVD SCREEN, READ THE DISC AND WENT BACK TO THE BEGINNING MENU!!! Again, I chose the chapter I wanted, played it and this time it went continously. After the song, I clicked OSD and then chose the second to the last track of the DVD. It went to my choice and played continously till the end of the disc.

IN SUMMARY, I find this tripping to be a bit WEIRD and annoying; AND it seems like it happens only when I choose a chapter instead of just allowing the disc to play from the very beginning. (Remember the Sex in the City disc where I also chose an episode and it tripped; and then the LOTR DVD which i just let it played from the beginning and for 1:15hours, it just played on without tripping?) It could be that HOPEFULLY this unit was a bit shaken during its transport and MAYBE there is something loose in the gears or belts or whatever that causes the tripping.

OTHERWISE, with its ability to read what my skyworth dvd-2650 can read, PLUS the built-in FM Radio (although very bareboned), plus the VGA port, plus the Game Ports (cute addition but not really one you will give much pogi points, so to speak), plus the Stereo Speaker Jacks, the untested PHONE jack......

....AND IF AND ONLY IF IT REALLY READS AND PLAYS DIVX DISC.... then the LEXING 906 seems to be one worth a second look.

REMEMBER, ALL THAT FOR JUST 1,700PESOS. ITS A STEAL FOR SURE. NO BRAINER.

(just if and only if the TRIPPING is a factory defect on this unit i have).

Hope everyone was enlightened. Sorry this is all I can share for the unit is no longer in my possession.

PICTURES TO BE UPLOADED IF NOT TONITE, THEN TOMORROW.

Maraming Salamat po sa matiyaga niyong pagbabasa sa aking mala-Nobelang report. LOL!!

Offline vision_of_love

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Sep 25, 2005 at 07:11 PM »
thank you bestbuy88! ;)

sana meron pang isang mag attest kung pwede nga divx,kasi even if it's in the faceplate,it came from raon,so not very sure about that.also sana nga isolated case lang yung so-called tripping.

Offline bestbuy88

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Sep 26, 2005 at 09:14 PM »
Quitacet: In case the pictures again does not come out, please assist the uploading. Thank you very much.

Last set of pics. If you cannot see it here, please go to www.fotki.com/click4u and open the last album titled OLYMPUS C3040 DIGITAL CAMERA. Inside that album contains all the pics of Lexing uploaded into this thread.

TAKE NOTE OF THE CLOSE UP PICTURE I TOOK OF THE LABEL/MODEL OF THIS UNIT. CLEARLY IT IS MARKED AS "DVD-DIVX 906" ALTHOUGH THE DIVX FEATURE REMAINS A MYSTERY UP TO THIS MOMENT.

« Last Edit: Sep 27, 2005 at 11:21 AM by bestbuy88 »

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #12 on: Sep 27, 2005 at 09:14 AM »
Reposting/loading for Bestbuy ;D

Offline jopat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Sep 30, 2005 at 08:17 AM »
Na-try ba yung vga port? Result?

Offline jopat

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Oct 01, 2005 at 05:15 PM »
Hay ang tagal ng update... napabili na ako. Ako na lang mag-a-update  ;)

I bought 2 units. The good news... DIVX is is playable! I can only find videoclips of 3.11 and 5.02 and burn them on a mini cdrw.

5.02 plays flawlessly but 3.11 has no video playback. VGA port works.

Anyway, I think this unit is really bang for the buck. hehe... ang ganda pa nung sales lady, type yata ako kaya lang promdi :P
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2005 at 12:36 AM by jopat »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Oct 02, 2005 at 02:30 AM »
More info please! How is it with a stress test? That is, continuous playing of DVDs. If this turns out to be a good workhorse then I'll also get a unit since I need another one for the house.

Offline bestbuy88

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 08:45 AM »
jopat,

sorry po di na nga ako maka update kasi the unit is no longer with me.

hanep. the divx works pala ha!! thats great. hope your unit does NOT skip/stops like mine did intermitently.

sa hopestar ka rin bumili? meron bang maganda doon? wala naman eh. LOL!

naku, to prove to you im so foreign to divx, i dont understand what you meant by that 5.09 and 3.11 thing!!

anyway, im glad you liked the unit, and indeed, with your confirmation that the divx works, and the vga port works too, i guess, for now, this unit is indeed the BESTBUY for the moment...... again, hoping that intermitent skipping/stopping that occured to my test unit is very isolated.

thanks jopat for the update.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 11:38 AM »

5. FINALLY, remember the tripping I complained in my initial posting? Well last night, it happened again. I was playing the DVD of MY FAVORITE BROADWAY LADIES (emceed by Julie Andrews). I went to chapter select and chose a song in the middle of the show already. I hit the chapter and it played. But after perhaps 2 minutes, IT TRIPPED, STOPPED, WENT BACK TO THE DEFAULT LEXING DVD SCREEN, READ THE DISC AND WENT BACK TO THE BEGINNING MENU!!! Again, I chose the chapter I wanted, played it and this time it went continously. After the song, I clicked OSD and then chose the second to the last track of the DVD. It went to my choice and played continously till the end of the disc.

IN SUMMARY, I find this tripping to be a bit WEIRD and annoying; AND it seems like it happens only when I choose a chapter instead of just allowing the disc to play from the very beginning. (Remember the Sex in the City disc where I also chose an episode and it tripped; and then the LOTR DVD which i just let it played from the beginning and for 1:15hours, it just played on without tripping?) It could be that HOPEFULLY this unit was a bit shaken during its transport and MAYBE there is something loose in the gears or belts or whatever that causes the tripping.

OTHERWISE, with its ability to read what my skyworth dvd-2650 can read, PLUS the built-in FM Radio (although very bareboned), plus the VGA port, plus the Game Ports (cute addition but not really one you will give much pogi points, so to speak), plus the Stereo Speaker Jacks, the untested PHONE jack......

REMEMBER, ALL THAT FOR JUST 1,700PESOS. ITS A STEAL FOR SURE. NO BRAINER.

(just if and only if the TRIPPING is a factory defect on this unit i have).

I hope this tripping when you do chapter skipping is just a fluke on your particular unit.  .  This facility for me is very important.  One of the great advantages of going DVD is precisely its navigational features that allow you to go to any I suggest you return and exchange this with one that doesn't trip.

Offline igutz

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • we create the battery...
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 04:19 PM »
just bought this last saturday. so far, so good ok naman performance nya. 3 dvds straight, no problems whatsoever.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 05:58 PM »
just bought this last saturday. so far, so good ok naman performance nya. 3 dvds straight, no problems whatsoever.

Pre nasubukan mo ba yung divx capability?

Offline igutz

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • we create the battery...
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 06:04 PM »
bro,

nde ko pa na-try yung divx capability nya eh. try ko i-test ds week.

Offline jopat

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Oct 04, 2005 at 01:09 AM »
@bestbuy88
It's ok bro, I know the unit you bought is not for yourself. I was waiting for the others' feedback. :)
Thanks for the thread and your review, you  made this unit my top choice.  :)

I've watched 4 dvds, 2 vcds, 2 avi/mpg/jpg discs on this unit as of now but I still haven't run a chapter selection play on a dvd so I can't post a feedback about this yet. No tripping as of now.  :)

Offline jdg

• Collector
  • divx addict!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Oct 10, 2005 at 11:20 PM »
RAON ELECTRONIC SHOP'S HOPE STAR MARKETING, STALL 20

pahingi naman ng directions papunta sa store na ito?

Offline lightspec

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Oct 11, 2005 at 02:18 PM »
It's far too early to say that it is indeed a good buy. Baka naman ilang buwan lang sira na. Then again, cheap nga lang ito noh? Meron ba siyang service center dito?

Has anybody tested the tripping thing? Anxious to buy this din eh since nasira na talaga yung Samsung ko after 3 yrs. (Not worth it kung parerepair ko pa.)

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: Oct 11, 2005 at 02:30 PM »
May Progressive-scan support ba itong player na ito?

Offline jdg

• Collector
  • divx addict!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Oct 13, 2005 at 10:03 PM »
saan ba banda yung raon electronics shop's malapit ba sa raon shopping center?

Offline Valek

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Oct 14, 2005 at 12:31 AM »
May Progressive-scan support ba itong player na ito?

i also want to know about this....am going to raon probably this weekend and i hope they still have this unit kasi mukhang ok naman and best of all it's so cheap!

Offline Bleakster

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Oct 14, 2005 at 02:42 AM »
saan ba banda yung raon electronics shop's malapit ba sa raon shopping center?

HopeStar Marketing is stall # 20 inside Raon Shopping Center.

Directions in finding the store:
(1) Use the front entrance (beside Chowking).
(2) Walk 20 yards straight.
(3) Hopestar should be on your left... stall 20... fronting the stairs and building side exit.
RX-V457, Wharfdale 9.5/9CS/WH-2, HDpro, Mede8er, Sanyo 32K30

Offline meowok

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Oct 14, 2005 at 10:51 PM »
HopeStar Marketing is stall # 20 inside Raon Shopping Center.

Directions in finding the store:
(1) Use the front entrance (beside Chowking).
(2) Walk 20 yards straight.
(3) Hopestar should be on your left... stall 20... fronting the stairs and building side exit.

hi, i passed by raon yesterday but stall 20/Hopestar was already closed. stalls 21 and 22 were open,they also had the lexing 906 (same price of 1.7k; same 1yr warranty). i talked to one salesgirl, her name was G, and she seemed nice. so i'm curious why you would recommend stall 20 over its neighboring stalls, mas ok ba service or kausapin yung staff of stall 20?  i'm also planning to buy this same model soon, thanks!

Offline jdg

• Collector
  • divx addict!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Oct 15, 2005 at 06:59 AM »
may service center ba ang lexing?