Author Topic: Lexing DVD-DIVX Model 906  (Read 44293 times)

Offline vision_of_love

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lexing DVD-DIVX Model 906
« Reply #60 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 02:32 PM »
Hay ang tagal ng update... napabili na ako. Ako na lang mag-a-update  ;)

I bought 2 units. The good news... DIVX is is playable! I can only find videoclips of 3.11 and 5.02 and burn them on a mini cdrw.

5.02 plays flawlessly but 3.11 has no video playback. VGA port works.

Anyway, I think this unit is really bang for the buck. hehe... ang ganda pa nung sales lady, type yata ako kaya lang promdi :P

hehe,si luisa ba yun? :)

ano ba gagamitin kung converter to convert a xvid/avi file to 5.02 divx?thanks

Offline Valek

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Lexing DVD-DIVX Model 906
« Reply #61 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 03:31 PM »
any of you experienced watching a movie with this unit tapos nauuuna ang audio kesa sa video?

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #62 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 03:41 PM »
any of you experienced watching a movie with this unit tapos nauuuna ang audio kesa sa video?

It may be source dependent. Did you try other players?

Offline Valek

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Lexing DVD-DIVX Model 906
« Reply #63 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 04:17 PM »
not yet, i'll try later. :)

Offline Sunfire

• Collector
  • No music. No life.
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: Nov 12, 2005 at 03:12 PM »
Hi peeps,

I bought a Lexing DVD Player DVD-906 at Raon Shopping Center last Nov. 9 at Stall # 21.  It has the same looks and features posted on the first page of this thread except for the ff:

1.  It has no side vents.
2.  A DVD logo is embossed on the top cover.
3.  It does not have a VGA port.
4.  The back panel has black paint instead of gray silver.
5.  Instead of DVD Player DVD/DIVX 906, my unit indicates MPEG4 DVD Player DVD 906.
6.  It has a built-in fan mounted under the unit.

The unit performs well with regards to playing DD or DTS movies, original copy or not.  Other features also do well.  What I can't verify as of this time is can it play DIVX movies, since the DIVX on the panel is not indicated on the front.  I don't have the material to verify it.  But the sound and picture is pretty good on this unit considering the low price of P1,700.  So far the problems encountered mentioned on this thread is not yet experienced on my unit.

Your feedback will likewise help future buyers of this particular unit.  Thanks.

Sunfire  8)
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2005 at 06:56 PM by Sunfire »

Offline vision_of_love

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Nov 13, 2005 at 04:00 PM »
hindi ko na rin ibinalik kasi abala lang ang layo ng quiapo.nakakaplay naman talaga sya ng orig and p* dvd's na nabebenta sa tabi2x,pero yung mga burned dvd's andg hindi pag hindi branded na media like iomega and prodata.pag ordinary dvd and cdr's ayaw nya talaga,samantalang pag sa  pioneer namin,nagpeplay naman.

Offline TheJoker

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Nov 14, 2005 at 01:22 PM »
USE VirtualDubMod to convert your 3.11 to 5.x divx files... and if you want to use XVID instead... avoid using QPEL, Packed Bitstream and GMC... it won't play on LEXING and PROMAC...

if you want this features... 3.11 to 6.0 pro media files... QPEL, PB and GMC... buy a DIVX player with the newest CHIPSET... it is MEDIATEK 1389...

NOVA, XENON is the only one i know using this chipset that is cheap in price... for P3,000... it is all in there... they are both MULTI-FORMAT capable...

the new NEXTBASE... which is small and white in color... i don't know if it is using MEDIATEK... if it does... then i think this is a BEST buy...

and if you want cd-r and cd-rw or dvd-r and dvd-rw... you must close the seesion... cuz lexing and promac can't recognize this... sometimes they do but mostly they won't read it... unless you close the session...

hope i help... hheheheheh... LOL...

Offline vision_of_love

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: Nov 14, 2005 at 09:16 PM »
USE VirtualDubMod to convert your 3.11 to 5.x divx files... and if you want to use XVID instead... avoid using QPEL, Packed Bitstream and GMC... it won't play on LEXING and PROMAC...

if you want this features... 3.11 to 6.0 pro media files... QPEL, PB and GMC... buy a DIVX player with the newest CHIPSET... it is MEDIATEK 1389...

NOVA, XENON is the only one i know using this chipset that is cheap in price... for P3,000... it is all in there... they are both MULTI-FORMAT capable...

the new NEXTBASE... which is small and white in color... i don't know if it is using MEDIATEK... if it does... then i think this is a BEST buy...

and if you want cd-r and cd-rw or dvd-r and dvd-rw... you must close the seesion... cuz lexing and promac can't recognize this... sometimes they do but mostly they won't read it... unless you close the session...

thanks.kung alam ko lang,nag xenon na lang sana ko.anyway,di yata 3.11 yung divx file.also mostly xvid sya and convert ko  sa divx,yung mga movies/tv series nadadownload sa mga torrent sites.

pero bakit pati mga dvd na burned ayaw.(converted using tempgc or CCE).media din kaya?ano ba gamit nyong dvd-r brand?cdr?thanks

Offline LEXing LUTHOR

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Nov 17, 2005 at 12:24 PM »

Yes!!! It happens to me once in a while !! at first i thought it was a disc problem but i tried a different plyer and its fine.  Whats more, sometimes if you stop or fastforward the disc (in Lexing) it will play ok na... weird no?

Offline Sunfire

• Collector
  • No music. No life.
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: Nov 18, 2005 at 05:43 PM »
This also happens with my old Nextbase DV9000.  I'm not experiencing it with my Lexing MPEG4 DVD 906.  Based on the problems cited on this thread, mas may playback problems ang DVD 906 that is DIVX capable.
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2005 at 05:45 PM by Sunfire »

Offline vision_of_love

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Nov 21, 2005 at 09:39 PM »
survey lang po.

1.ano ginagamit nyong DVD-R media brand for your burned dvd and divx files?

2.ano ginagamit nyo to encode a video file into divx?

3.anong divx/xvid version ang napeplay lang ng lexing?

THANKS.replies will be greatly appreciated.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #71 on: Nov 21, 2005 at 10:17 PM »
survey lang po.
2.ano ginagamit nyo to encode a video file into divx?

Dr. DivX.

Offline m0b1u5

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Music is everywhere... we just have to listen...
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Nov 22, 2005 at 11:25 AM »

sirs,
 would anyone know the models of the said players above using the new chip?

thank you very much
Know Thyself!

Offline vision_of_love

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Nov 25, 2005 at 04:33 PM »
Dr. DivX.

thanks.dr.divx keeps crashing on me.sinubukan ko na rin sa virtual dub encoded it in 5.2.1 codec,ayaw magplay sa lexing at ang media na gamit ko is prodata cdr na ok naman pag mp3,napeplay nya using prodata.

Offline TheJoker

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Dec 01, 2005 at 05:03 PM »
baka naman OGM or MKV gamit mong container... use AVI container... ESS Vibrato II and Mediatek 1389 chipset not supported this type of container...

Mediatek 1389 support the DivX 6.0 Media File... which is ".divx" ang extension... pero di pa rin nababasa ang MENU at CHAPTER... only AUDIO at SUBTITLES lang...

Lexing and PROMAC can read the new DivX 6.0 Media File... pero rename nyo yung extension to ".avi"... pero di nya kayang basahin ang SUBTITLE... only AUDIO...

hope i help... thanks a lot...

Offline vision_of_love

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Dec 01, 2005 at 08:12 PM »
baka naman OGM or MKV gamit mong container... use AVI container... ESS Vibrato II and Mediatek 1389 chipset not supported this type of container...

Mediatek 1389 support the DivX 6.0 Media File... which is ".divx" ang extension... pero di pa rin nababasa ang MENU at CHAPTER... only AUDIO at SUBTITLES lang...

Lexing and PROMAC can read the new DivX 6.0 Media File... pero rename nyo yung extension to ".avi"... pero di nya kayang basahin ang SUBTITLE... only AUDIO...

hope i help... thanks a lot...

at the sound of being rude,pero i don't know what you're talking about because i don't know what application/software to use and all... :)

pwede bang pakisimplify....thanks

Offline bestbuy88

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Dec 03, 2005 at 12:42 PM »
hasty reportage only.

just came from Raon Electronics Center.

if on the bangketa looking towards the center, there is a pasilio in the center. on the right hand side is CHOWKING. on your left hand side are electronics stores. Siguro this is the store in the middle, along quezon ave side mismo. meron mga 7 dvd players patong patong.

meron silang LEXING MPEG4 DVD PLAYER DVD-906 model. this is the same model as what i prviously bought (see start of thread) however, instead of DIVX ang nakasulat, its MPEG4 na. I dont know if both are the same thing using two different words to describe the same feature.

cost is 1,800pesos.

the one without FM radio built in and no DIVX/MPEG4 capability is 1,700pesos.

Parehong hindi ko pa tinawaran.

The saleslady said they have an undisplayed DVD player branded as OPTICS daw and serviceable by any Pioneer service center. Cost is 2,400pesos.

iyon lang for now po.

Offline RastaSega

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #77 on: Dec 13, 2005 at 01:05 AM »
I bought this DVD Player today.

Sorry to say but I'm pretty disappointed over the quality of the picture.
DVD's have faint vertical lines specially noticable when using the AVIA calibration. Couldn't be my TV because I have an older Lexing and it's okay.

I'm using an S-Video connection too.

Medyo mapili din sa DivX discs. Yung mga luma ayaw! Yung mga bago okay lang.

hmph!

Stall #21, here I come!

Offline RastaSega

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #78 on: Dec 13, 2005 at 07:31 PM »
one more thing... I've just verified this...

my unit WON"T PLAY DIVX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline vision_of_love

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Dec 22, 2005 at 03:29 PM »
pareho tayo,lahat na ng codec from divx 4,5 to 6 ayaw,ok na din yung media,kasi pag mp3,vcd ok naman... >:(

Offline raikwun

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Dec 29, 2005 at 07:49 PM »
So sorry on the people who bought lexing model 906... I've been to RAON just today.. I've tested almost all the lexing's model and to my surprise... My copy of Naruto, Baki and other anime will not play to Model 906.. I am very frustrated about it.. So I decided to test all the Lexing's.. I've found out that the only LEXING model capable of playing almost any format of DIVX is the MODEL 099.. The owner of the shop (stall #22) said this is the latest version of the Lexing's

Here's the SPECs of the Said Product:

Product Name:

LEXING MPEG4 & Xvid & DVD Model 099

1. Full compatibility to MPEG4 / DivX 5.0+ / Xvid / DVD+/-RW / DVD+/-RD / DVD/SVCD / VCD / CD / MP3 / WMA / CD-R / CD-RW/ HDCD / Kodak CD Picture view /
2. High- Resolution, over 500 Lines
3. Multi Language menus for OSD
4. 5.1 channel, Dolby digital, AC-3 output
5. Digital Optical Audio output
6. Multi-language soundtracks selection
7. Multi-language subtitle selection
8.PAL/NTSC system identification and switching
9. Play to program
10. 24bit/96KHz audio
11. Component video output:YUV/RGB/VGA S-Video
12.Coaxial output
13. Progressive Scan
14. 300 Games+2joysticks
15. AC: 100~240V (50/60Hz)

The Stall name:

Romastar stall #22 (chinese yung may-ari..)

The Price:

Two thousand and One Hundred Philippines Pesos ( 2,100 Pesos )

The Warranty:

12 months warranty on Service. 6 months on parts.

Test on format and types of Movies:

1. Burned Data Disc of Avi files / Xvid / divX / MPEG4 / MPEG3 (DVD / CD Medium)--------->> OK ^_^
2. Pirated DVD Movies on Low Quality DVD's --------->> OK ^_^
3. Original DVD Movies Came from Abroad ------------>> OK ^_^
4. Original DVD Movies Local ---------->> OK ^_^
5. Burned MP3 to CD ---------->> OK ^_^
6. CD Games that is included to the package ---------->> OK ^_^
7. Burned WMA / Movie with MP3 extension ---------->> OK ^_^
8. JPEG / GIF / PNG Pictures (Browsable) -------------->> OK ^_^

On Test Stress:

Iuupdate ko e2 pag katapos ng 1month na gamit ..hheheh..

Conclusion:

So far I'm happy with this player.. If you are satisfied with my review better yet kumuha na kyo.. May nakasabay pa akong bumili nito at natawaran namin ng 100 pesos.. kasi dalawa yung binili nmin..isa sa kanya at isa sakin... that's all for now..

Raikwun

Offline vision_of_love

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Jan 17, 2006 at 02:02 AM »
may nakapag try na bang magplay ng CD+G?

Offline JorelJ

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Jan 17, 2006 at 01:07 PM »
@raikwun
Have you tested the 5.1 audio? 5.1 ba talaga o stereo lang?

Offline StInGeR_eVo

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Jan 17, 2006 at 09:11 PM »
If you like a great DIVX Test CD... try this: http://www.divxtest.com/What-is-DivxTest-Where-can-I-find.html ^_^

Offline Bluebeard

• Collector
  • Go4it
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Jan 19, 2006 at 10:44 AM »
I went to Raon Shopping Mall stall #22 and asked for the Lexing 099 yesterday but was out of stock. Went instead to stall #11. Mang Pat, the stall owner informed that the 099 model has bugs (L/R function for Karaoke dvds does not work).

He offered me the Lexing 009 which is the upgraded version DAW of the 099.  To make the story short, all the dvd's I brought played (divx, xvid, p-disks, r1/r3, pal) including p-disks that could not play in my LG9934N.

The unit came with 300 songs karaoke dvd, games w/ controllers for 2, 6 months warranty all for P2,200 pesos.

Will burn-in test this wkend.   ;)  :D  :P
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2006 at 12:06 PM by Bluebeard »

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #85 on: Jan 19, 2006 at 11:32 AM »
Saw some Lexing players for sale at Greenhills, but I don't think they are the models discussed in this thread--the players are small and are narrow and long (like the "portrait" orientation for paper on a printer). However, beside the small "DVD" print on the front panel, a "DiVX" can be clearly seen beside it. It's selling for P 2,000 and looks good--any feedback on these players?

Offline JorelJ

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Jan 19, 2006 at 12:02 PM »
@Bluebeard
Does the included karaoke DVD's the one sold in VCDs compiled into one? Or much like the MiDis?

Offline Bluebeard

• Collector
  • Go4it
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Jan 23, 2006 at 12:10 PM »
@Bluebeard
Does the included karaoke DVD's the one sold in VCDs compiled into one? Or much like the MiDis?

The karaoke files are MP4 files with .avi extension.
You select like directories with MP3 files.

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Jan 23, 2006 at 03:23 PM »
I went to Raon Shopping Mall stall #22 and asked for the Lexing 099 yesterday but was out of stock. Went instead to stall #11. Mang Pat, the stall owner informed that the 099 model has bugs (L/R function for Karaoke dvds does not work).

He offered me the Lexing 009 which is the upgraded version DAW of the 099.  To make the story short, all the dvd's I brought played (divx, xvid, p-disks, r1/r3, pal) including p-disks that could not play in my LG9934N.

The unit came with 300 songs karaoke dvd, games w/ controllers for 2, 6 months warranty all for P2,200 pesos.

Will burn-in test this wkend.   ;)  :D  :P

Hi Bluebeard!

Will wait for your review... and sana ma-post mo yung pics of the model that you have.  Sometimes knowing only the Model No. can be very confusing.  Thanks in advance!

Offline bestbuy88

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Jan 28, 2006 at 03:28 PM »
hi,

i just bought a LEXING DVD-099 allegedly can read DIVX discs.

Cost is 2,000pesos. Bought at a store located across the underpass of quiapo. Katabi nitong store is one selling local handicrafts, the other side is selling French Fries uncooked.

Last unit displayed ang binili ko kasi walang ibang stock.

Actually, nalilito pa ako sa mga DIVX na yan. Ewan ko but included in the player is a free MP4 Disc Karaoke, containing around a hundred songs. IS MP4 ALSO KNOWN AS DIVX? Parang hindi di ba?

Anyway this model does NOT have radio built in. Aside from that, merong free game pad, ewan ko bakit. Siguro merong built in games, that I have yet to find out.

This model is exactly the same as model 906 except that wala siyang antenna sa likod at wala ring switch for radio kasi nga, ang model 099 walang built in radio.

Wala akong DIVX disc to try so i cannot confirm. Pero sabi ng store, sure daw, kasi they also have other models of Lexing na although nakatatak DIVX eh sa tutuo lang daw, it cannot read DIVX discs. Example of such models are the 1800 and 5168. Nakamark talagang DIVX pero accdg to them it cannot read DIVX, and its cheaper at 1,600-1,700 pesos only (w/out and w/radio built in ang 100pesos difference).

(Note you can see pictures of how model 906 looks like at www.fotki.com/click4u. The model 099 physically is THE SAME as model 906, nawala lang ang antenna and radio functions).

I did not go to Raon Electronics mall anymore, tinatamad na maglakad. I hope the model 099 i got at 2,000pesos was reasonably priced.

Three months in house waranty.

Sincerely,
bestbuy
Jan. 28, 2006