Author Topic: Lexing DVD-DIVX Model 906  (Read 44221 times)

Offline mjaeson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Lexing DVD-DIVX Model 906
« Reply #90 on: Feb 01, 2006 at 02:21 AM »
Sirs, newbie here...
May mall (o Western o Abenson etc...) ba na mabibilhan ng LEXING, gusto ko kasi yung mga extended warranty nila?

Mahaba ba buhay ng Lexing......

Thanks....

Offline bestbuy88

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Feb 01, 2006 at 07:46 AM »
wala akong nakikitang "legitimate" malls carrying Lexing.

the generic brand i have seen being sold that is NOT region-code locked is Nextbase, Ganz Klanz-something hehehehe... only.

I tink the importer of Lexing are chinese merchants with no specific repair service centers. that is why even if they offered their item to "legit" appliance stores, the stores might not be interested to carry them.

the only legit store i can think of who is very aggressive in selling ANYTHING under the sun, with seemingly no fear to provide after sales service even if i doubt they can, is MAKRO and PRICE SMART and those warehouse style stores who sell ULTRA GENERIC BRANDS, NEVER HEARD OF and once sold out, does not seem to resurface again, forever.

Offline Bluebeard

• Collector
  • Go4it
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Feb 15, 2006 at 04:23 PM »
There is a legitimate store carrying the Lexing brand, althought not all models w/c are sold in Raon.
The is Dee Hwa Liong Electronics Equip. Corp (DeeCo). A branch can be found in Metropolis Mall, alabang

Offline m0b1u5

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Addict
  • Music is everywhere... we just have to listen...
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Apr 10, 2006 at 02:50 PM »
The karaoke files are MP4 files with .avi extension.
You select like directories with MP3 files.
I recently got one for 2.1K with free DVD-9 with 500 karaoke songs and CD with NES games, two-week replacement and 1 year warranty on parts and labor.  I tried to back-up the karaoke to a DVD-R and was able to fit 300+ songs, my Philips 5500S was able to read/play them.  Now, I want to convert my karaoke songs to MP4/DivX and burn them to DVD-Rs  ;D.   I tried DivX converter but the size was about 100+ MB compared to the file size of the ones from the DVD that came with the unit of about 15+ MB per song.  Anybody who can reccommend a tool to do this?

thanks.
Know Thyself!

Offline van_wilder

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Apr 12, 2006 at 12:11 AM »
question: are the songs in the MP4 karaoke, really karaoke sing along-able. according to a store in harrisson plaza, it only plays the karaoke, but the sound of the voice is persistently present and cannot be removed? and it's selling at P2200. any truth to this?
and how does this compare to the nextbase 656 considering that this is half its price?

thanks
panasonic 42plasma
marantz avr wharfedale speakers 6.1
ps2; wii

Offline Bluebeard

• Collector
  • Go4it
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Apr 12, 2006 at 08:17 AM »
The Voice (+1) can be removed using the L/R function keys.  Btw, I was informed by the storeowner, but not verified, that there is a bug regarding the L/R keys in the 906 model but was fixed in the 099 and 009 models.

Offline meowok

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Apr 13, 2006 at 02:41 PM »
so 099 can read the db-subbed naruto eps? i'm just curious; i have a generic player that plays avi files as well but it can't play some files - like the db-subbed naruto eps. can the codecs of generic players like lexing be upgraded - maybe through their service center?

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Apr 13, 2006 at 03:20 PM »
so 099 can read the db-subbed naruto eps? i'm just curious; i have a generic player that plays avi files as well but it can't play some files - like the db-subbed naruto eps. can the codecs of generic players like lexing be upgraded - maybe through their service center?

that's odd... while i was out shopping for a divx player, i tried playing the dattebayo fansubbed naruto episodes on the nextbase (a generic player) and they played fine. i think dattebayo fansubs uses the xvid codec.
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2006 at 03:25 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline jepoi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Apr 13, 2006 at 05:18 PM »
The unit came with 300 songs karaoke dvd

sorry for the OT post pero matagal na po kase ako naghahanap nito e.

meron po bang mabibilhan ng ganitong dvd dun sa pinagbilhan n'yo ng player?  i mean, pwede po bang bumili ng hiwalay na yung karaoke dvd lang?

kase sa mga music stores, kahit dvd karaoke disks, at most 20 songs lang laman e.

Offline meowok

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Apr 15, 2006 at 02:56 PM »
that's odd... while i was out shopping for a divx player, i tried playing the dattebayo fansubbed naruto episodes on the nextbase (a generic player) and they played fine. i think dattebayo fansubs uses the xvid codec.

i see; i limited my choices to the 2k and below generic players price range (lexing, orange, hug etc) since i figured they're all generics why pay 2k more lol. so nextbase plays db subs - will check this one thanks!

Offline LEXing LUTHOR

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Apr 19, 2006 at 12:12 AM »

Its been 6 months since my last past (when i first bought my Lexing 906)  :)
dumalaw lang uli ako ngayon bec nababadtrip ako, im waiting for  an hour to re-encode a TV ep I dl from the net...XVID  format kasi so it wont play  :(  "unsupported format" daw, but you can hear  the audio... haaaay, ang bagal pa naman mag encode ng files! Real time or worse pa yata (if the movie is 1 hour long, it will take 1 hour to encode it.. siguro plus/minus 10 minutes..)

Aside from that, i frequently get  many unplayable dvds.. (pag binili ko testing ok, pero ayaw sa lexing 906..) lalo na yung mga many-in-1.. hehe  Pero kahit papaano, mahal ko pa rin naman unit ko, marami pa rin naman syang silbi..   :)

Sayang, Dec 2005 lang ba lumabas itong lexing 099? Oct 05 ko kasi binili Lexing 906 ko e..  ciguro after 1 more year, may bago na namang model, dapat naman ciguro e paastig ng paastig ang mga model nila no? so eventually we will have a super unit that can play ANYTHING..!

haay yun lang. 45 mins more to go for my re-encoding...!!   :(

Offline maco_xiv

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2006 at 05:39 PM »
hmm.. mga bro bago lang ako dito eh...
im planning to buy lexing 099 worth 2.1K nga sa may quiapo..

gsto ko lang malaman kung lahat ba ng mp4 kya nya i-play?
and kaya ba nyang i-play ung divx3 codec?
dun sa mga meron na... ano ano po ba ung mga kayang i play and ung indi?
srt, sub, ass and other sub po ba kya din nyang isabay sa movie?
dami tanong noh... hehe! ask lang po... pls... thanks!

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2006 at 10:56 AM »
1.9K lang ang presyo nang Lexing..yun' kasama ko nakabili sa Cavite may microphone na, may 500 songs pa, dapat marunong kang tumawad sa Raon, binibigay naman nila sa tawad mo eh... ;)

Ang experience ko, basta nag generic ka....stick ka lang sa AVI o' kaya mpg files, kung may makita kang iso eh di mas mabuti, burn mo na lang, DVD na.

Ang Divx3-Divx5 ang bumabasa ay ang Pioneer 686a at Philips 5500s, 'iyun' Pioneer 7.9K(di' ba Spaceman  ;) ) , yun' Philips 5.6K , triple at doble ang presyo, iyun' nga lang, may subtitles ang Divx mo, at may universal player ka sa Pioneer, kaya pati SACD at DVD Audio, mapa-pabili ka rin. :P

Sa huli, nasa iyo rin ito, mamili ka lang nang I-download mo, kasi, maski naka Pioneer ka, kung AVI/mpg  lang ang na download mo, eh, wala rin, hindi ka rin maka download at burn nang SACD. ::)

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: May 09, 2006 at 12:24 PM »
1.9K lang ang presyo nang Lexing..yun' kasama ko nakabili sa Cavite may microphone na, may 500 songs pa, dapat marunong kang tumawad sa Raon, binibigay naman nila sa tawad mo eh... ;)

Ang experience ko, basta nag generic ka....stick ka lang sa AVI o' kaya mpg files, kung may makita kang iso eh di mas mabuti, burn mo na lang, DVD na.

Ang Divx3-Divx5 ang bumabasa ay ang Pioneer 686a at Philips 5500s, 'iyun' Pioneer 7.9K(di' ba Spaceman  ;) ) , yun' Philips 5.6K , triple at doble ang presyo, iyun' nga lang, may subtitles ang Divx mo, at may universal player ka sa Pioneer, kaya pati SACD at DVD Audio, mapa-pabili ka rin. :P

Sa huli, nasa iyo rin ito, mamili ka lang nang I-download mo, kasi, maski naka Pioneer ka, kung AVI/mpg  lang ang na download mo, eh, wala rin, hindi ka rin maka download at burn nang SACD. ::)

LOL... tumfekfek ka dyan.  ;)

it's not reasonable to expect an "all around" player for something you paid 2k (or less) for. to get more, you need to pay a little more.  ;)

just curious... when you said to stick to AVI and MPG files... did you mean "uncompressed" AVI files?  ;) the most reliable player for subtitled divx files is philips... but only if you use "hacked" firware. yung "official" may bugs pa rin.  :-\

Its been 6 months since my last past (when i first bought my Lexing 906)  :)
dumalaw lang uli ako ngayon bec nababadtrip ako, im waiting for  an hour to re-encode a TV ep I dl from the net...XVID  format kasi so it wont play  :(  "unsupported format" daw, but you can hear  the audio... haaaay, ang bagal pa naman mag encode ng files! Real time or worse pa yata (if the movie is 1 hour long, it will take 1 hour to encode it.. siguro plus/minus 10 minutes..)

Aside from that, i frequently get  many unplayable dvds.. (pag binili ko testing ok, pero ayaw sa lexing 906..) lalo na yung mga many-in-1.. hehe  Pero kahit papaano, mahal ko pa rin naman unit ko, marami pa rin naman syang silbi..   :)

Sayang, Dec 2005 lang ba lumabas itong lexing 099? Oct 05 ko kasi binili Lexing 906 ko e..  ciguro after 1 more year, may bago na namang model, dapat naman ciguro e paastig ng paastig ang mga model nila no? so eventually we will have a super unit that can play ANYTHING..!

haay yun lang. 45 mins more to go for my re-encoding...!!   :(

i know what you mean... even yung expensive na "branded" players may limitations din. (it cannot play divx or xvid files with resolutions  na higher than 702 x ***(?) ... or HD resolution... a good example is the naruto movies na xvid).

hopefully with yung "divx ultra certified" players now coming out in the market sa mga branded ... lalabas na rin yung "divx ultra certified" na generic.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006 at 12:25 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: May 09, 2006 at 02:12 PM »
just curious... when you said to stick to AVI and MPG files... did you mean "uncompressed" AVI files?   the most reliable player for subtitled divx files is philips... but only if you use "hacked" firware. yung "official" may bugs pa rin.

Hiya Space,  I really don't know, all I do is just look for the ones labelled as avi or mpg, and I'm pretty darn sure that my Xtreme, Pioneer and Philips Divx capable player would play it. ;D

It seemed like the Divx bug bit me hard and after reading your sad/happy experience with the 686a, I was amazed and found myself paying for one last week, afterwhich, I was truly happy with it's SACD/DVD-A capability,that, I started reading the thread on 5500s, and viola, now,I just spend my free hours listening to SACDs and DVDA instead of watching any movies.

Dang' would you believe that I find the video Divx resolution of my Xtreme at par with that of the 686A, and probably better than the 5500s, and BTW, I just don't know if the 5500s had fixed it's bugs, since, the subtitles are easily accesible and can be seen well, when viewed on the Samsung WS and Philips WSRPTV. Of course you know that the 686a is also capable.

BTW, maybe we should start our Divx community.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006 at 03:23 PM by Alfie »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: May 09, 2006 at 06:20 PM »
Hiya Space,  I really don't know, all I do is just look for the ones labelled as avi or mpg, and I'm pretty darn sure that my Xtreme, Pioneer and Philips Divx capable player would play it. ;D

It seemed like the Divx bug bit me hard and after reading your sad/happy experience with the 686a, I was amazed and found myself paying for one last week, afterwhich, I was truly happy with it's SACD/DVD-A capability,that, I started reading the thread on 5500s, and viola, now,I just spend my free hours listening to SACDs and DVDA instead of watching any movies.

Dang' would you believe that I find the video Divx resolution of my Xtreme at par with that of the 686A, and probably better than the 5500s, and BTW, I just don't know if the 5500s had fixed it's bugs, since, the subtitles are easily accesible and can be seen well, when viewed on the Samsung WS and Philips WSRPTV. Of course you know that the 686a is also capable.

BTW, maybe we should start our Divx community.  ;)

thanks. ganun ba ako ka-convincing?? LOL.

i agree... if you have an HT set-up and love music. listening to SACD and DVD-A is quite an enjoyable experience.  ;)

wow! Xtreme is at par with pioneer?? that is so cool. i'm actually looking into getting a generic divx player sometime soon kasi medyo nawo-workout  yung 686a namin dito and kailangan may kasama na siya to lessen the burden. LOL. Xtreme is now definitely on the top of my list. just wondering tho... may issues ba with "packed bitrates" yung Xtreme? (not that it matters a lot... i usually "unpack" my files anyway. lol)

when i mentioned about subtitles... the pioneer still has trouble working with a few "*.srt" files. minsan, it doesn't work. one very good example is the 2-disc download of the movie GOAL!. it works sa disc 2... but not on disc 1. (ah ako pa naman i like to "merge" 2 files into one using vobsubMOD.) the movie has some portions in spanish, so the subs are VERY important. to make a long story short... using the SRT file i got. i "burned in" the subs just for the spanish parts while re-encoding the file in xvid.  :P if the pioneer can play 80% of the Subtitle files out there... the philips can probably play 95-99% of them.  ;D (my guess is... this is more a file issue than a subtitle one ... i tried converting the Subrip into SSA, Sub and MicorDVD... and they still wouldn't appear.)

same with the naruto movies released by DB ... i had to downgrade the resolution para it would play on the pioneer.  :P

i agree... the divx community is GROWING! maybe its time we formalized it na.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006 at 06:30 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: May 09, 2006 at 07:36 PM »
Spaceman,
     I got the SD-166 model, it's 2.1K avoid the Xtreme models that sells fro 1.7 to 1.9K that has incorporated games, I believe they used a different chipset.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: May 09, 2006 at 10:50 PM »
Spaceman,
     I got the SD-166 model, it's 2.1K avoid the Xtreme models that sells fro 1.7 to 1.9K that has incorporated games, I believe they used a different chipset.

thanks for the tip! i hope they don't phase it out before i get one tho.  ;D

Offline cyber

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2006 at 01:04 PM »
up for more inputs gusto ko matry talaga Divx Format pa post naman ng procedure Thanks  ???

Offline maco_xiv

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: May 12, 2006 at 10:15 AM »
hmm.. gnon po ba...
walang generic na kayang magplay ng divx3...
eh pagdating po sa resolution.. hanggang 702 lang po ba tlga d kaya mas mataas...
guys... help nman kung ano sa tingin nyo ok bilihin na generic divx player...
Lexing 099 lang kc choice ko eh... ano po ung SD-116?
baka may ma irerecommend kayo.. salamat!

Edit: AC3 5.1 kaya po ba iplay?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006 at 10:18 AM by maco_xiv »

Offline jdg

• Collector
  • divx addict!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: May 12, 2006 at 12:37 PM »
i just sold my xtreme 006 ayaw iplay yung burned naruto series ko and masyadong pihikan sa divx and xvid files ano kaya ok ipalit? ???

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #111 on: May 12, 2006 at 02:03 PM »
I can suggest the Nextbase NB-656 (priced at P3995.00)kung gusto mo ng hindi mapili sa DivX at Xvid files.

You can also try Doc Alfie's Xtreme Sd-166 (priced at P2,100.00).

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: May 12, 2006 at 03:47 PM »
The Xtreme Sd-166 was able to play the Divx6 of Revelations, the PQ was above par than the Philips 5500s and almost the same as the pricey Pioneer 686A.
Funny thing is this particular model and it's full size counterpart is not featured in the Xtreme website, but seemingly theyr'e the best of the lot.  :P

Offline Brian_mico

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • Dakilang mangbabakal at magbobote
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: May 12, 2006 at 05:41 PM »
hmm.. gnon po ba...
eh pagdating po sa resolution.. hanggang 702 lang po ba tlga d kaya mas mataas...

I would recommend xtereme sd-166 ,   all lexing model don't have 5.1/AC3 capabilities

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: May 12, 2006 at 08:42 PM »
hmm.. gnon po ba...

no... hindi kaya mas mataas (maximum resolution of files is 720 x 576 ... handy info in case you need to resize files.) ... unless of course you buy one of those "divx ultra" certified players... maybe 'yung mga 'yun kaya. be prepared to pay a hefty sum tho... not many models out there and all (so far) are branded.  :-\

"divx ultra" players are also supposed to have better support for subtitles and more "dvd-like" features... like menus. read more here: http://www.divx.com/company/partner/ultra.php   ;)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006 at 08:59 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline jdg

• Collector
  • divx addict!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: May 12, 2006 at 09:05 PM »
oo nga pala pati subtitle files hindi ma recognize nung xtreme 006 ko.

OT:
sa branded players ano ba ok na brand and model?

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: May 12, 2006 at 10:33 PM »
OT:
sa branded players ano ba ok na brand and model?

Philips will release a DVD-Divx Ultra with HDMI at around Php 6K, I forgot the model #, it was supposed to be launched this week, do check out the SM Appliance store at Rockwell. The Philips rep there proudly claimed that they'll have it this week.

Offline maco_xiv

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: May 13, 2006 at 09:57 AM »
Salamat po sa Reply...
checheck ko ung SD-116 sa raon...
san nga po pala dun meron nyan?
lahat ng pwede sa lexing pwede din sa kanya diba... ^^,

Doc Alfie: pwede po ba pa post ng pic nung SD-166.. TY!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006 at 10:39 AM by maco_xiv »

Offline maco_xiv

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: May 16, 2006 at 09:29 AM »
Kakabili ko lang ng SD-166.. mdyo mahal nga lang... 2.4K pero natawran ko ng 2.35K hehe! asar!
napaplay nya divx3 and dattebayo fansub like naruto and bleach..
pati na din lunar na hindi kaya ng lexing 906.. ewan ko lang sa 099...
problem lang kpag ginawa kong widescreen imbis na pahiga... patayo ung screen... pero ok na din.. ^^,

Offline jdg

• Collector
  • divx addict!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: May 16, 2006 at 09:55 AM »
@maco,
nasubukan mo na sa divx videos na hiwalay ang subtitle files?