Author Topic: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: November 12, 2007  (Read 17245 times)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix: November 12, 2007
« Reply #60 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 06:15 PM »
The store distribution of the different editions of this title a little bizarre. As of this afternoon, Astro V-Mall does NOT have the faux leather journal, maybe tomorrow daw, then you go up two floors to Odyssey, and... they already have the journal! It's tiny - smaller than the DVD case. Not very impressive, IMHO. At least the dog tag is a normal-sized dog tag.

Astro also didn't have the Boxed Set with bookmarks, while Odyssey did - it's the same box as the 10-disc set, then the bookmarks in a separate box that's been saran-wrapped (well, not really, but you get the picture) with the set.
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2007 at 06:19 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #61 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 06:28 PM »
Passed by MusicOne Greenbelt.. There were around 8 copies of the faux leather journal version there. Grrr!

Offline duncanfranchise

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • Collector
  • Don't think you are; know you are.
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 06:38 PM »
The "leather" journal won't be available in many Astroplus/Astrovision branches.  Only 80 sets (daw) were given to them.  When I spoke to someone at Warner a while ago, he told me that they may just compensate by giving out a free VCD (daw) to those who preordered.  Wow!  What a way for them to make up for this boo-boo.  I don't know about you, but that definitely sucks.  If they knew that stocks for the journal were going to be shorter than expected, they should've made an announcement a few days before the actual release date.  May mga nag-abang tuloy para sa WALA.  As far as I know, some Astroplus/Astrovision branches have (at least) 10 names prebooked for the journal.  Paano na ang mga yan?

The 10-disc DVD box set?  Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone is still fullscreen. 
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2007 at 01:59 AM by duncanfranchise »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 06:56 PM »
The 10-disc DVD box set?  Harry Potter & the Sorcerer's Stone is still fullscreen.

"Seriously???"

"Seriously?"

Jeez, I feel like Meredith Gray...  ;D

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #64 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 07:36 PM »

Talk about annoying.

Regarding the leather journal issue, I can confirm the shortage. I'm waiting for a statement from Warner but from what I've heard, there were less than 300  copies in total. Astro may have been allocated the 80 copies that duncanfranchise posted, but due to the sheer number of branches in the network, not all of them can be served. Odyssey has less branches so their shelves will seem to have more copies.
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2007 at 07:37 PM by firewired »
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline aszamora

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • DVD Guru
  • En Taro Adun
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 07:55 PM »
OMG! :o I was seriously thinking of getting the one w/ dogtag while placing my order for budget purposes but decided at the last minute for the journal. I hope maganda nga iyong kapalit ng walang journal na makukuha.

Offline lord_vader

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 08:32 PM »
The lesson here is this:

Unless you are getting a huge discount, then there's no point in pre-ordering. Otherwise, you'll just get disappointed. This happened with King Kong (where the packaging was so-so but buyers had no choice coz they gave a P200 downpayment). Also, by not pre-ordering, you are not tied up to one store. If allanmandy did not reserve in Astro SM Makati, he could easily grab the ones in Music One.

As to the fear of running out of stocks, since most of us do check the stores on opening day anyway, we will still be among the first buyers. I was also able to get Transformers Steel Book, 300, and Departed Steel Book without pre-ordering. You just have to be in store on opening day.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #67 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 08:33 PM »
I thought that it will be with slip case?    ???
R1 kaya with slip case?

The r3 in Singapore comes with the slipcase.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 08:51 PM »
...the packaging was so-so but buyers had no choice coz they gave a P200 downpayment...

Actually, if you don't like the item when you see it, asking for your deposit back should also be an option for you to consider.

I've done that twice with these pre-orders - first time was for Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle when I found out it was the theatrical and not the unrated cut released locally; and then with Ghost Rider, when on the day after release, I went to pick up my copy and my freebie, and they didn't have the freebie ready for me. Both times I asked for my deposit back, and got it, no questions asked. So seriously, assert your right as a consumer - ask for your money back if you're not getting what you thought you were pre-ordering.

This is especially true for allanmandy and aszamora in this case. They're not getting the faux leather journal that they specifically placed the order for, so they have every right to ask for their deposits back and purchase the item elsewhere, while supplies last.
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2007 at 09:20 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #69 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 09:00 PM »
Yup, you have every right to ask for your deposit back if the product doesn't satisfy you. In fact, while encouraged, the deposits are optional on the part of the retailer.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 10:09 PM »
Why can't Warner reorder the deficient (in quantity) faux leather version from it's sources in say Hongkong or Singapore?  Even Magnavision was able to replenish it's supposedly limited Transformers Steelbook DVDs.

And it's too bad that HP5 is not slipcased.  While I understand that it will add to cost, can't they just follow Disney and offer the first batch with slipcase?  After all, the one who buy the DVD immediately on launch or shortly afterwhile is paying a premium (vis-a-vis the price it will carry in six months or so).   This way, it will even be an incentive to buy early instead of later...

And any news of the deluxe version that is said to be priced at 2995?  Tuloy pa ba release nito and any more info on how it will look like?
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 10:32 PM »
To distract from the insufficient edition allocations:

Isn't it nice to have a DVD where all the special features  (deleted scenes, documentaries, interactive activities), like the main feature, are also in anamorphic widescreen?  :)

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 10:50 PM »
It's tiny - smaller than the DVD case. Not very impressive, IMHO. At least the dog tag is a normal-sized dog tag.

Hmm. I don't think I'll be wearing those HP-branded dog tags in public. For kids only! Hehehe!

The "leather" journal won't be available in all Astroplus/Astrovision branches. 

Then how come ob120485 got his from Astro SM Davao pa? It's so mindboggling, I'm at a loss for words!  ???

If allanmandy did not reserve in Astro SM Makati, he could easily grab the ones in Music One.

Well, the reason I pre-ordered is that I will only have to cough up 845 for the faux leather journal edition, as opposed to 995 if I buy it in MusicOne.

Yup, you have every right to ask for your deposit back if the product doesn't satisfy you. In fact, while encouraged, the deposits are optional on the part of the retailer.

That's precisely what I'll be doing tomorrow. Good thing I also pre-ordered from PinoyDVD.biz.

And any news of the deluxe version that is said to be priced at 2995?  Tuloy pa ba release nito and any more info on how it will look like?

I also saw the Deluxe Edition at MusicOne. It's just your normal looking Warner box set (think Looney Tunes  Collection) with a smaller, more elegant box containing the pins (?) shrinkwrapped with the DVD box.

« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2007 at 11:05 PM by allanmandy »

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 11:20 PM »
I also saw the Deluxe Edition at MusicOne. It's just your normal looking Warner box set (think Looney Tunes  Collection) with a smaller, more elegant box containing the pins (?) shrinkwrapped with the DVD box.

That's the Php 2295 set.  Duncanfranchise (yata) was told there will be an even 'more deluxe' set that will be available for 2995 daw.  Baka misinformed lang ang Astro salesperson, but still wishing to see the R1/2 gift set locally.... ;)
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline X-®an™

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 01:45 AM »
To distract from the insufficient edition allocations:

Isn't it nice to have a DVD where all the special features  (deleted scenes, documentaries, interactive activities), like the main feature, are also in anamorphic widescreen?  :)

Would be nice also if all these special features have subtitles.  :)

Offline duncanfranchise

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #75 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 01:58 AM »

Then how come ob120485 got his from Astro SM Davao pa? It's so mindboggling, I'm at a loss for words!  ???

Oh, sorry.  I meant that not all Astroplus/Astrovision branches will have the "leather" journal.  Just the same, this still ticks me off.
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2007 at 02:00 AM by duncanfranchise »

Offline duncanfranchise

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 02:02 AM »
That's the Php 2295 set.  Duncanfranchise (yata) was told there will be an even 'more deluxe' set that will be available for 2995 daw.  Baka misinformed lang ang Astro salesperson, but still wishing to see the R1/2 gift set locally.... ;)

Meron pa rin daw yung P2995 Limited Edition Gift Set.  It'll just be in limited quantities (daw) and it won't come in at the same time as the current releases.

Offline Pillow

• DVD Addict
  • Unstoppable!
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 05:36 AM »
No slipcase?   >:( 
Would have preferred slipcase over those collectible items.  Dogtag for an HP film?  Pft! 

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 10:28 AM »
Maybe they will have the slipcase in later months or years and wait for it to lower its price like for 350 pesos like HP3-Prisoner of Azkaban.  I didn't get it before and waited for the sale and slip case came out and I grab one immediately.

As for the Faux Leather.  Why would Warner prioritize other branches 1st like O music etc when they already know that Astro branches have already pre ordered the set and it's already considered sold but instead alocated it to other branches and wait for consumers to get one.  And to top it all they will compensate by giving a free VCD.  That's double trouble.  We don't need VCD and it's loss in Warners part diba?  It's trouble to Logistics/sales/marketing team of Warner.

Offline casanegro

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • "Manos", The Hands of Fate
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 11:19 AM »
Wow! Free VCD! Now, that's the kind of stuff DVD collectors are looking for!  ;D

Offline keilu

• DVD Addict
  • sōten ni zase Hyōrinmaru
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 11:29 AM »
the dogtag aint that great either :( then again - dont have any expectations for this one  ;D am just after the movie - since i wanted to re-watch it again  ;)

Offline aszamora

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • DVD Guru
  • En Taro Adun
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 11:53 AM »
In the SM Makati department store (not in Astro), I think I saw 2 copies of HP5 in slipcase. A red ribbon was tied to them. Warner may have released some in slipcase.

Offline dragonrower

• Collector
  • www.pc-experts.org
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 12:45 PM »
teka nalito tuloy ako, if you preorderd at .biz, do you get the journal leather?

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 01:18 PM »
It depends on the edition that you preordered.

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 03:03 PM »
teka nalito tuloy ako, if you preorderd at .biz, do you get the journal leather?

yes, if you pre-ordered.  i already got mine today.

;)
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline baby

• DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 03:34 PM »
Just got home from Makati.  Saw some copies of the box sets with the bookmarks and the dog tag.  The HP5 is packed locally.  The label is printed here and the shrink wrap is not the cigarette type.  No indication of R3 and if "matted" or not just the bar code at the lower right corner which is not supposed to be there.  And meron pang sticker na imported in front.  The disc itself may be replicated also locally.  Come on Warner Philippines.  Its not that totally imported at all.

I believe that this will on sale at 199-275 in the future.

Offline ob120485

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • A Sith Lord w/ Elder Wand, One Ring & Walther PPK.
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 04:55 PM »
In the SM Makati department store (not in Astro), I think I saw 2 copies of HP5 in slipcase. A red ribbon was tied to them. Warner may have released some in slipcase.

After reading this, i rushed to SM and voila! one copy left...  Thank you for this. I got another copy now in slipcase (with dog tag pa) at SM Dept store... Now my collection looks good side to side. I'm going to sell nalang the one i bought yesterday (di kasali ang leather journal) hehehehe!... hit here: http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=73379.0

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2007 at 05:30 PM by ob120485 »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 05:53 PM »
Wow, bizarre release - missing pre-orders, missing slipcases... you'd think they'd be a bit more careful as this is probably Warner's biggest holiday release for 2007. They really dropped the ball on this one, big time!

The disc itself may be replicated also locally.  Come on Warner Philippines.

I think firewired has mentioned several times in the past that Warner never replicates discs locally, as per international studio policy. I assume this policy still holds?
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2007 at 05:56 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 07:17 PM »
Received mine this afternoon. I thinks this is the worst HP packaging in the series. Why do they have to put the IMPORTED sticker right on the label?!?!?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 07:50 PM »
Why do they have to put the IMPORTED sticker right on the label?!?!?

I know - quite annoying! I successfully removed the sticker by heating it with hot air from a hairdryer - once it got very hot, it easily peeled off. You can also use "Goo Gone," based on other members' posts here. Don't try to peel it off without a solvent or heat - I did that to the "Imported" sticker on my Ocean's 13 and it ripped.