Author Topic: NMT / Media Player Comparisons  (Read 144549 times)

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
Re: NMT / Media Player Comparisons
« Reply #390 on: Jul 24, 2011 at 01:08 PM »
Tama Sigma 8643 which PCH and Egreat S100/S800/S900 does the full BD menu navigation. supporting BDJ 1.0 , 1.1 and 2.0 profiles.

Realtek, even the 1185, has some BD menu support "daw" BDJ 1.0 pero so far, most titles na full BD rips i've seen are BDJ 2.0 so labo :)
toy

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #391 on: Jul 24, 2011 at 01:37 PM »
Tama Sigma 8643 which PCH and Egreat S100/S800/S900 does the full BD menu navigation. supporting BDJ 1.0 , 1.1 and 2.0 profiles.

Realtek, even the 1185, has some BD menu support "daw" BDJ 1.0 pero so far, most titles na full BD rips i've seen are BDJ 2.0 so labo :)

this is actually true. yung sa AC Ryan HD2 ko dati nakakapag-play ng older BDJ 1.0.

Offline [joms]

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #392 on: Jul 24, 2011 at 11:14 PM »
I think you got it the other way around. It's only the Sigma chipsets that can play BD menus currently.

Damn I always get them mixed up. I meant "Realtek".
Great minds discuss ideas. Small minds discuss people.

Offline joeyrodil

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi to everyone!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #393 on: Jul 26, 2011 at 09:29 AM »
for me Xtreamer Sidewinder and Xtreamer Ultra pa rin :)
do not do unto others what can you do for today

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #394 on: Jul 26, 2011 at 10:22 AM »
If PCH would just boot up like Sigma units (super fast bootup) then PCH is a hands down perfect 10/10 for me.  :)

Meron bang Sigma based player that boots up fast?  How many seconds/minutes does an Egreat S100 take for instance?

Once the PCH boots-up, it doesnt take so long to initialize each HDD...kahit ilang HDD pa..the external drives would just be initialized one at a time.

Ability to handle pure BDs with BD-J is a feature that is simply brilliant and definitely pays for the premium price of the A210 (the C200 is expensive in my opinion). I really dont want to belittle Realtek as I also have a Mede8er and quite pleased with its performance and reliability - until the PCH matured.  Pero if pure BD interests you, this is the only way to right now.

NMJ, Apps, FW Support - up to you if need them but PCH is definitely ahead of the pack - has been for a while in fact.  Just consider this, even the old A110 still gets FW support.  Whatever happened to its contemporaries?

« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2011 at 10:28 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #395 on: Jul 26, 2011 at 11:04 AM »
Mag C200 ka na sir he he he.

Meron pa ring advantages C200 over A210 :)

BD PIP Audio
AACS 20+ DRM for playback of new retail BD

If you have a lot of BD ISO/BDMV I'm sure you're missing the ability to play back PIP Audio like in-movie commentaries.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #396 on: Jul 26, 2011 at 11:14 AM »
 How many seconds/minutes does an Egreat S100 take for instance?

under 10 seconds.
toy

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #397 on: Jul 26, 2011 at 12:25 PM »
Whats AACS 20+DRM all about?  I wouldnt mention titles but I've watched quite a lot of the latest (popular) titles in BDMV which are officially unreleased yet - that's how new they are - hehehe.  No problem whatsoever.  Oh is that related to BD PIP audio?   If you are actually in front of a good amount of BDMVs already, no need la.  hahaha  Cant stand and cant afford spending 2 more hours on commentaries. I dont like rewatching contents except for Joymii productions I guess.  hehehe

OK, to be fair, the C200 should still be better, but 2x(A200/A210) would even be sweeter for me.   Yeah boot-up time can be rather annoying at times but there are better things to do than stare at a Popcorn screen while it initializes.

Mag C200 ka na sir he he he.

Meron pa ring advantages C200 over A210 :)

BD PIP Audio
AACS 20+ DRM for playback of new retail BD

If you have a lot of BD ISO/BDMV I'm sure you're missing the ability to play back PIP Audio like in-movie commentaries.

Offline [joms]

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #398 on: Jul 27, 2011 at 09:00 PM »
can someone with a sigma and realtek system time the bootup? sana the pch a210 is included
Great minds discuss ideas. Small minds discuss people.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #399 on: Jul 27, 2011 at 09:59 PM »
can someone with a sigma and realtek system time the bootup? sana the pch a210 is included

My Mede8er takes only a few seconds as in less than 10 seconds if I remember correctly (too far away from me right now to test).  I wouldnt be surprised if all Realteks are about this fast.

My A200 is the same as an A210 connected to a 2TB filled to the brim and with the latest FW.  About 1 min 25 secs.

Toys4Geeks says the S100 takes only 10 secs.  That's very fast for a Sigma. So kung speed and Sigma ang gusto mo, check out the S100.

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #400 on: Jul 27, 2011 at 11:00 PM »
My Mede8er takes only a few seconds as in less than 10 seconds if I remember correctly (too far away from me right now to test).  I wouldnt be surprised if all Realteks are about this fast.

My A200 is the same as an A210 connected to a 2TB filled to the brim and with the latest FW.  About 1 min 25 secs.

Toys4Geeks says the S100 takes only 10 secs.  That's very fast for a Sigma. So kung speed and Sigma ang gusto mo, check out the S100.

The AC Ryan Play On HD 2, which is a realtek system, takes about 10 secs to boot up.

Offline franz_inwurdz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #401 on: Jul 28, 2011 at 02:48 PM »

Did this last week when I auditioned my Dad's S100. Unfortunately, I have yet to get my hands on a PCH. But I do plan to get one by next week. For the meantime, S100 vs. Xtreamer 1st Gen.

Boot-up
Realtek - Xtreamer 1st Gen V 2.4.2  - 1 min and 5 sec.
SIGMA   - Egreat - S100 - 55sec.

I stopped the timer only when I can already browse the 1TB external HD connected.

Picture Quality
This was hard and very subjective. But I was dead set in finding the "supposed" superior quality of SIGMA chips. I saw it in the opening sequence of Battle Los Angeles.

Realtek - Xtreamer - Greenish Black ang opening sequences, kitang-kita ang black bars sa taas at baba ng screen.
SIGMA - S100 - Black is Black - you cannot differentiate the black bars and the black scene.

Outside that scene, other scene is very identical, IMHO.

My TV was a 40" Sony LCD Bravia and was directly connected to the players via HMDI. No AVR was used to clean things up. spread my curtains and turned off all lights.

GUI and Remote
Realtek Xtreamer - V2.4.2 vs. S100 -
 - the S100 Remote response is snappy, and browsing is more fluid. I only realized how sluggish the Xtreamer was after I got to experience the S100.
 - S100 also has an advantage in in-movie adjustments, while the xtreamer needs to stop the movie when changing settings - ea. from 2 channel HDMI Sound to 5.1.
- Xtreamer has User defined zoom-in feature to eliminate or reduce black bars, but still maintain proper picture ratios(di tumataba ang payat). This is an advantage for Plasma users - they can totally eliminate black bars while viewing, eliminating IR.
- S100 remote has keypad-lights. Really helps a lot in browsing. But when you get to operate a remote every night over a couple of years, who needs light. Still, it's a nifty feature.

In movie browsing
        S100 - has the percentage feature. you can select a number from 1 to 9. each number represents a percent in the movie - when you press 1, S100 brings you to 10% of the movie.
        Xtreamer - has a go-to feature, where in you select a specific time within the movie to go to.

Sound
Xtreamer seems to have  a better default sound than the S100, however, again this topic is quite subjective, and with the proper AVR and cables, this discussion becomes moot. Although I can objectively say that default sound of the Xtreamer is louder than S100.

Hope this helps. ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2011 at 02:50 PM by franz_inwurdz »

Offline nikkoG

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #402 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 12:12 PM »
anu ma-recommend niyo between these NMTs?

-pch a210
-kaiboer 600b
-ac ryan hd2
-egreat s800

itong features/specs ang priority ko:

-durable
-smooth performance
-compatible to almost all file types
-internal 3.5" hdd
-at least 100mbps lan port
-good after-sales support (service center & FW updates)

father ko kasi gagamit, kaya naghahanap ako ng pinaka-user friendly at less hassle sa paggamit at transfer ng files.
TIA
Samsung PS51D550 / Popcorn Hour A210 / Yamaha RX-V530
Panasonic Plasma 40s / Measy A3HD / Sony HTIB

Offline ziGGy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #403 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 12:29 PM »

-pch a210
-kaiboer 600b
-ac ryan hd2
-egreat s800

-durable
-smooth performance
-internal 3.5" hdd

father ko kasi gagamit, kaya naghahanap ako ng pinaka-user friendly at less hassle sa paggamit at transfer ng files.
TIA

i would recommend A210 since i'm so far satisfied from the after sales support ni sir ert and especially the FW updates. it has a 1 year replacement warranty plus lahat ng files na niplaplay ko nasusupport naman especially Full BD Menu :D kaya rin cguro no 1 sila  ;)

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #404 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 04:21 PM »

-pch a210
-kaiboer 600b
-ac ryan hd2
-egreat s800

-durable
-smooth performance
-internal 3.5" hdd

TIA

if its your dad, hanap ka ng may disk tray para you can change disks quickly.

that's what i do when i visit my Mom, who lives far from me. Dami na lang akong disks.

I clone them with my dual dock the night before, next day palit ng disk, voila. look for screwless change of disk.

if you see yourself transferring files often while there, look for bare sata connectors, para disk na lang dala mo. at SATA data transfers is a winner 3.0GBPS over USB 2.0  0.48GPBS
toy

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #405 on: Jul 29, 2011 at 07:07 PM »

-pch a210
-kaiboer 600b
-ac ryan hd2
-egreat s800

-durable
-smooth performance
-internal 3.5" hdd

TIA

I would choose any of the 2(PCH A110 and Egreat S800). Sa egreat Jim would give you a deal you cant refuse panalo... ;)
Walang Setup

Offline [dcw]aaron

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • rock on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #406 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 02:08 AM »
NMT noob here..looking for a NMT for starters..patulong naman po..medjo nalilito na akong magbasa ng mga reviews eh..lahat naman kasi may pros/cons..ang sa akin lang basta smooth playback (mkv/avi/divx usually) and syempre affordable and durable..

here's the list of what i'm eyeing (in no particular order) kasi medjo mura lang..

- measy a1hd (cheap)
- egreat r200
- KAIBOER H1073C
- KAIBOER M1073

san po ok sa mga units na i mentioned? and can you guys suggest aside from the ones i mentioned above? thanks po!
Samsung PS51D491 51" Plasma 3D
Sony PS3 Slim 120GB
Samsung BD-D5100
Sony HTIB 5.1
Kaiboer H1055

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #407 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 02:47 AM »
NMT noob here..looking for a NMT for starters..patulong naman po..medjo nalilito na akong magbasa ng mga reviews eh..lahat naman kasi may pros/cons..ang sa akin lang basta smooth playback (mkv/avi/divx usually) and syempre affordable and durable..

here's the list of what i'm eyeing (in no particular order) kasi medjo mura lang..

- measy a1hd (cheap)
- egreat r200
- KAIBOER H1073C
- KAIBOER M1073

san po ok sa mga units na i mentioned? and can you guys suggest aside from the ones i mentioned above? thanks po!

Egreat R200s are quite popular in PDVD community for being good at PQ and SQ, so just ask around.  The plus is, sa bigat pa lang, it is a tank that won't quit on you long term so if you plan to grab a keeper, consider this.

Pleasure to introduce Egreat R180-ii, R200s newer cousin, sporting the new  Red Times UI, that's very similar to its higher end sigma designs chip based brothers and runs on RTK1185 chip.  It also gets all the codecs of R200 so talk about pedigree :) 

If like mo yung maputlang PQ, don't get egreat,  dahil egreat blacks are really blacks. Eto oh---

If like mo sandamakmak na applications na mainstall pero 3 lang talaga gamitin mo, dont get egreat, kasi ito lang meron sya oh--

If like mo ng pangit na UI, dont get egreat kasi ito has newer chip R1185 and Redtimes UI na:

If like mo mahal dont get egreat kasi meron Realtek 1055 na 3K+ lang (R6B)
If like mo mahal, dont get egreat kasi ito lang yung merong murang Realtek 1185  4k+ (R1-ii) ,6k+(R180-ii)
If like mo highend features at mahal, dont get egreat kasi meron din itong Sigma Designs based chip at less than 10k!
If like mo single region na bluray playback lang, dont get egreat S800/S900, kasi ito can switch Bluray playback ng Blu-ray disk  REGIONS-ON-THE-FLY

Just some reasons not to get an Egreat R180-ii.

Pero, after all that and you still find Egreat interesting, PM ka lang. I normally welcome 1st time owners ng NMT with really ridiculous offers. ;)

« Last Edit: Aug 10, 2011 at 10:59 PM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline ert

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #408 on: Aug 02, 2011 at 09:49 AM »
TOP 5 Regular media players
Dune SMART (D1) (80%)
PopCorn Hour A-210 (78%)
Mede8er Med500x (78%)
HDI Dune Base 3.0 (74%)
DViCo TViX S1 (72%)

Offline Wildfire™

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #409 on: Aug 02, 2011 at 10:05 AM »
mga brader can you help me? i need a nmt to replace my htpc (laki na ng electricity bill ko e) with xbmc like gui, ano ba ok?

Offline [dcw]aaron

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • rock on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #410 on: Aug 02, 2011 at 01:08 PM »
sa mga nmt users jan ng kaiboer ano ba difference ng dalawang model? thanks!

KAIBOER H1073C
KAIBOER M1073
Samsung PS51D491 51" Plasma 3D
Sony PS3 Slim 120GB
Samsung BD-D5100
Sony HTIB 5.1
Kaiboer H1055

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #411 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 12:56 PM »
sa mga nmt users jan ng kaiboer ano ba difference ng dalawang model? thanks!

KAIBOER H1073C
KAIBOER M1073

ayaw mo same price range pero 1185 chip na?
toy

Offline supermanster

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #412 on: Sep 14, 2011 at 04:25 PM »
Torn Between

Measy X6 and Egreats R180 pro. Pa advice naman mga idol anung mas OK bilhin?

Naka sale pala yung X6 @5k only :)

Pero naaangasan ako sa dating nung may dalwang sungays :)

Offline thenorthface

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #413 on: Sep 15, 2011 at 02:50 PM »
hi everyone,

can you give options on cheap media players (below 4k sana) na ok ang performance and good for hd viewing?  dts capable na rin sana.  thanks!

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #414 on: Sep 15, 2011 at 03:04 PM »
hi everyone,

can you give options on cheap media players (below 4k sana) na ok ang performance and good for hd viewing?  dts capable na rin sana.  thanks!

Need a budget NMT that is compact? check out Egreat R6B, trusted  companion for the road warrior (< 3.3k).

sa (8k ~ 16k price range) - Sigmadesigns 8643 based players Egreat do not disappoint -- (forget the fact you can run PCH on some of these babies via 2nd OS option)

Q:Want full bd menu that support BDJ 1.0, 1.1, 2.0 that simple menu wont cut it? All Egreat S-Series with Sigma 8643 will.
Q:Need Sigma na entry level that does the same job at 20% less than the A210? Egreat S100
Q:Need Sigma based with support for 5.1 / 7.1 analog input receivers(saves if your receiver support analog input, no need to upgrade) ? S800/S900 fits the bill
Q:Want an HDD and bluray disk combo that can play all BD regions ? S900

« Last Edit: Sep 16, 2011 at 08:41 AM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: Sep 15, 2011 at 05:35 PM »
for me, a210 beats them all, at least for my needs/preferences.. :) mahal nga lang..  ;D ;D

re docking - ingat lang sa static electricity sa paghawak ng bare harddisk, kundi paktay kang harddisk ka..  ;D ;D ;D

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #416 on: Sep 16, 2011 at 08:43 AM »
Torn Between

Measy X6 and Egreats R180 pro. Pa advice naman mga idol anung mas OK bilhin?

Naka sale pala yung X6 @5k only :)

Pero naaangasan ako sa dating nung may dalwang sungays :)

very cool ang R180 pro interface, mas refined ang support din sa audio out 7.1/5.1/dontcare.try mo din yung torrent client nito, if you are the type who maximize DL ng internet provider mo.
toy

Offline qball

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #417 on: Sep 22, 2011 at 06:53 PM »
very cool ang R180 pro interface, mas refined ang support din sa audio out 7.1/5.1/dontcare.try mo din yung torrent client nito, if you are the type who maximize DL ng internet provider mo.
Kaso may problem naman sa TrueHD audio ang Egreat.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #418 on: Sep 22, 2011 at 08:43 PM »
Kaso may problem naman sa TrueHD audio ang Egreat.

sorry OOT :qball, A friend just confirmed its TrueHD registering in his AVR. if you are connected via HDMI, it should register TrueHD,  if via optical audio, its LPCM.  you may want to check your advanced settings, but do make sure you are connected via HDMI
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2011 at 09:18 PM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #419 on: Sep 22, 2011 at 09:56 PM »
For clarification lang...

All LPCM output is limited to standard Dolby & standard DTS which is "lossy" compression.

Dolby and DTS do not sell decoding licenses for TrueHD/DTS-MA to analog as defined by HDCP (High Definition Content Protection).

There's also other misconceptions.

DTS Core Audio can exist within a DTS-HD track.
Dolby Digital (Core) can exist within a TrueHD track HOWEVER it's not possible in a MKV container.

So letsay you had a movie using MKV purporting to contain DTSHD, it will output standard DTS when using analog or optical however the same is not true when using a MKV having a TrueHD track. It will REQUIRE a HD Audio capable AVR only.