Author Topic: Polk Audio TSi series - Outstanding Performance, Amazing Value  (Read 70078 times)

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Polk Audio TSi series - Outstanding Performance, Amazing Value
« Reply #180 on: Jul 05, 2010 at 10:22 PM »
Ser, saan ang shop ninyo? :)

MLY ENTERPRISES located at unit 303 Amaremca bldg. 107a kalayaan avenue, diliman, quezon city. :)
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2010 at 10:15 PM by avshop »

Offline Sanjay

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #181 on: Jul 22, 2010 at 12:20 AM »
The Polk Audio TSi Series raises the standard for great sounding speakers that also offers incomparable value.
They produce sound that's open, spacious and clear, even when driven by modestly powered amplifiers and receivers.
The new TSi Series is a quality-built, affordable line of high performance loudspeakers for music and home theater. The TSi Series boasts a stylish look that complements today's flat screen technology, with wood grain finishes, piano black top plates and pewter trim rings. Built for value and sound quality, the TSi Series is a great introduction to high performance sound.

TSi 500

TSi 400

TSi 300

TSi 200

TSi 100

CS20

CS10

The Polk Audio TSi series are available at the following stores:
The Home Theater - Tel 813-8443
Sights and Sounds - Tel 634-1789
Acoustic Dimension - Tel 756-1579
Audible Illusions - Tel 374-3620
HiFi Lounge - Tel 8428133
Theater Works - Tel 901-3975

The Polk Audio TSi speakers are affordable and sound amazing.

Offline davsacluti

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: Sep 24, 2010 at 10:12 PM »
Was able to somewhat audition the TSi100 and TSi400 at MLY ent. and all i can say is that i think i know what i'll get next.  :D

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:

Offline smitfraud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: Nov 24, 2010 at 06:38 PM »
Sir ask ko lang kung ano yung pinag kaiba ng Polk Audio sa Wharfedale? I am planning to buy TSI300

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: Nov 25, 2010 at 08:54 AM »
Sir ask ko lang kung ano yung pinag kaiba ng Polk Audio sa Wharfedale? I am planning to buy TSI300

Check out a review done by a fellow pinoy dvd member on several speakers:

It was a boring afternoon at the office. Tumakas ako to go to parksquare and gb1 to audition the speakers. Luckily, trimmed down na ang choices ko.

During the audition, I chose one of my favorite concert cd’s. Because I used to play in a band, I am very familiar with the sound of the musical instruments when played live. Anyway the sound that I was looking for is the overall quality of the reverb, full-bodied toms and snare, tight bass drums, airy female vocals, crisp sibilance, detailed hi hats, loud crash cymbals, and defined based notes. Anyway these are my amateur observations based on my preference:

1.   Diamond 9.5 matched with HK 245
Low – 9 (great bass notes tight bass drums)
Mid – 8 (smooth)
High – 8 (subdued)

The overall sound of the wharfedale’s are good. The base notes sound detailed and raw (in a jazzy way). It stands out without really affecting the overall music. The mids and highs really created a perfect combination that resulted in crisp and smooth vocals without being hissy. Nice reverbs as well. However, I would categorize the highs as subdued.  Because of this, the low-mid-high balance that I was looking for wasn’t really there.  The snare and toms sounded great but the hi hats (although smooth), was left behind by in the music.

2.   Aurum Cantus F6600 matched with HK245
Low – 7
Mid – 7
High – 6 (harsh)

I wasn’t able to appreciate the tonal characteristics of this speaker probably because it wasn’t fully broken in yet. However, I would consider the bass notes as “compressed” and not as deep as the wharfes. The hi’s were too harsh for my taste. The combination of the mids and hi’s was not as great as the wharfes. There was something lacking in the mid-high that resulted in a dark and hollow female voice compared to the crisp vocals that I head in the wharfes.

3.   MS Carnical 6 matched with Yamaharxv 563
Low – 8
Mid – 6 (distorted)
Hi – 6 (harsh)

The carnival 6 was too harsh for my taste.

4.   MS 904i matched with Azur 540i
Low – 6
Mid – 8 (forward)
Hi – 10 (detailed)

I actually appreciated the smoothness of the hi’s in this speaker. It wasn’t subdued like the wharfes’. It wasn’t harsh like the carnival 6 but rather detailed and controlled. The mid sounds “forward” and the female vocals sounded “airy” compared to the crisp vocals from the wharfes. The lows were nevermind. I’ll need a subwoofer for this floorstander. Overall, the 904i is more biased in the hi frequencies and did not meet my balanced requirement.

5.   Mission 33i matched with Onkyo sr506
Low – 7
Mid – 9
Hi – 9 (smooth)

This speaker is balanced and sounded dry. There weren’t so much reverb. I was honestly expecting something like the wharfes combined with the 904i because I read from the forums that the missions were detailed in their highs at the same time musical. Probably it had something to do with the Onkyo. I have yet to hear the m33i matched with a Harman kardon. Review to follow…

6.   Polk Audio TSI300 matched with Harman Kardon
Low – 8
Mid – 10 (airy vocals, excellent reverb)
Hi – 9 (smooth)

This speaker is in a league of its own. Great reverbs – it feels like you’re in the actual concert hall. The female vocals were “airy” and crisp at the same time. The lows were good and the bass notes were defined without being boomy. The snare/toms had the punch that I was expecting from a floor stander. The hi hats and cymbals were defined yet controlled. It is not as “forward sounding” as the ms 904i but the overall balance was great. If it wasn’t for the missions, I would have immediately chosen this. But I wouldn’t give up on the missions just yet.

So after everything, here are my revised options:

1.   Polk Audio TSI300 paired w/ Harman Kardon
2.   Mission 33i paired with Harman kardon (I have yet to hear this)
3.   Wharfedale 9.1 enhanced by A-Audio (w/ SW150 Sub) paired with Harman Kardon

Offline smitfraud

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: Nov 25, 2010 at 11:42 AM »

It was a boring afternoon at the office. Tumakas ako to go to parksquare and gb1 to audition the speakers. Luckily, trimmed down na ang choices ko.

During the audition, I chose one of my favorite concert cd’s. Because I used to play in a band, I am very familiar with the sound of the musical instruments when played live. Anyway the sound that I was looking for is the overall quality of the reverb, full-bodied toms and snare, tight bass drums, airy female vocals, crisp sibilance, detailed hi hats, loud crash cymbals, and defined based notes. Anyway these are my amateur observations based on my preference:

1.   Diamond 9.5 matched with HK 245
Low – 9 (great bass notes tight bass drums)
Mid – 8 (smooth)
High – 8 (subdued)

The overall sound of the wharfedale’s are good. The base notes sound detailed and raw (in a jazzy way). It stands out without really affecting the overall music. The mids and highs really created a perfect combination that resulted in crisp and smooth vocals without being hissy. Nice reverbs as well. However, I would categorize the highs as subdued.  Because of this, the low-mid-high balance that I was looking for wasn’t really there.  The snare and toms sounded great but the hi hats (although smooth), was left behind by in the music.

2.   Aurum Cantus F6600 matched with HK245
Low – 7
Mid – 7
High – 6 (harsh)

I wasn’t able to appreciate the tonal characteristics of this speaker probably because it wasn’t fully broken in yet. However, I would consider the bass notes as “compressed” and not as deep as the wharfes. The hi’s were too harsh for my taste. The combination of the mids and hi’s was not as great as the wharfes. There was something lacking in the mid-high that resulted in a dark and hollow female voice compared to the crisp vocals that I head in the wharfes.

3.   MS Carnical 6 matched with Yamaharxv 563
Low – 8
Mid – 6 (distorted)
Hi – 6 (harsh)

The carnival 6 was too harsh for my taste.

Low – 6
Mid – 8 (forward)
Hi – 10 (detailed)

I actually appreciated the smoothness of the hi’s in this speaker. It wasn’t subdued like the wharfes’. It wasn’t harsh like the carnival 6 but rather detailed and controlled. The mid sounds “forward” and the female vocals sounded “airy” compared to the crisp vocals from the wharfes. The lows were nevermind. I’ll need a subwoofer for this floorstander. Overall, the 904i is more biased in the hi frequencies and did not meet my balanced requirement.

5.   Mission 33i matched with Onkyo sr506
Low – 7
Mid – 9
Hi – 9 (smooth)

This speaker is balanced and sounded dry. There weren’t so much reverb. I was honestly expecting something like the wharfes combined with the 904i because I read from the forums that the missions were detailed in their highs at the same time musical. Probably it had something to do with the Onkyo. I have yet to hear the m33i matched with a Harman kardon. Review to follow…

6.   Polk Audio TSI300 matched with Harman Kardon
Low – 8
Mid – 10 (airy vocals, excellent reverb)
Hi – 9 (smooth)

This speaker is in a league of its own. Great reverbs – it feels like you’re in the actual concert hall. The female vocals were “airy” and crisp at the same time. The lows were good and the bass notes were defined without being boomy. The snare/toms had the punch that I was expecting from a floor stander. The hi hats and cymbals were defined yet controlled. It is not as “forward sounding” as the ms 904i but the overall balance was great. If it wasn’t for the missions, I would have immediately chosen this. But I wouldn’t give up on the missions just yet.

So after everything, here are my revised options:

1.   Polk Audio TSI300 paired w/ Harman Kardon
2.   Mission 33i paired with Harman kardon (I have yet to hear this)
3.   Wharfedale 9.1 enhanced by A-Audio (w/ SW150 Sub) paired with Harman Kardon

Sir salamat sa comment

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #187 on: Nov 25, 2010 at 12:08 PM »

Low – 6
Mid – 8 (forward)
Hi – 10 (detailed)

may i ask if the ms904i was mass-loaded? the bottom part is hollow and can be mass-loaded with sand or pellets etc. i once had an ms904 bass was deep and tight after massloading with aquarium sand.

Offline ASuL

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: Dec 04, 2010 at 01:05 AM »
do you sell the rm8...pair lang to be used as surround?

Offline cianzepol

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: Dec 04, 2010 at 05:01 AM »
ok ba i pair ang tsi series sa onkyo 608?
PSN: cianzepol

Offline coastal

• Trade Count: (+265)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: Dec 05, 2010 at 04:02 PM »
Thinking of getting a set of this line next year. Sana matuloy. ::)

Offline realthing

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: Dec 07, 2010 at 11:34 AM »

Mga Bosing, bago lang po plano ko bumili ng TSi 400, meron na po ako Onkyo AV TX-SR508 160 W/Ch at 6 Ohms, 1 kHz, 1 Channel Driven, JEITA Made in Malaysia 7.1 channel po.

Eto po tanong ko.

1.  Sa setup ko po ngayon Onkyo TX-SR508 plus Acoustimass 10 series 4 pwede ko po ba isama yung TSI400?
     wala bang magiging problema at yung tunog ok din po kaya?

2.  Compatible po ba yung TSI400 sa TX-SR508 kaya po ba ng speaker yung AV?

Balak ko po bilhin yung speaker sa Shangri-La Plaza since dun po available.

Salamat po

Offline dandang

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: Jan 02, 2011 at 08:14 PM »
Go for the following Polk audio TSi 7.1 speaker system:
- TSi400 - 1 pair - floorstanding
- CS20 - big center - 1 piece
- FXi A4 - bipole/ dipole - rear speakers
- OWM3 - side speakers
- DSW Pro 500 - 10 inch powerfull sub

exactly what i got except for the side speakers (no side speakers just 5.1). Happy with the purchase but still tweaking the subs. Powered by onkyo-608
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2011 at 08:16 PM by dandang »
Panasonic 42X20
Onkyo TXSR608
Polk Audio Tsi400
DswPro sub550
CS20 Fxi4
Atrium50

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: Jan 02, 2011 at 10:23 PM »
exactly what i got except for the side speakers (no side speakers just 5.1). Happy with the purchase but still tweaking the subs. Powered by onkyo-608

I hope you are impress with the sound of the Polk Audio TSi series.

Offline dandang

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: Jan 04, 2011 at 07:08 PM »
I hope you are impress with the sound of the Polk Audio TSi series.

Yep so far so good. ;)
parati nga ako puyat kaka panood ng movies. Its really like in the movies.
Panasonic 42X20
Onkyo TXSR608
Polk Audio Tsi400
DswPro sub550
CS20 Fxi4
Atrium50

Offline nitoy16

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: Jan 05, 2011 at 04:46 AM »
Newbie here needs help!... ;D tanung ko lng kung ok ba tong naisip kong set up for my home theater.
Polk TSi 200 - for main speaker
Polk OWM3 - surround
Polk CS 10 - center
Mirage Omni S8 - subwoofer
This will power by Onkyo SR608.
This my first HT... I've done some research and for now yan pa lang kaya ng budget ko. Any comments or suggestion is greatly appreciated. TIA!

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: Jan 05, 2011 at 08:29 AM »
Newbie here needs help!... ;D tanung ko lng kung ok ba tong naisip kong set up for my home theater.
Polk OWM3 - surround
Polk CS 10 - center
This my first HT... I've done some research and for now yan pa lang kaya ng budget ko. Any comments or suggestion is greatly appreciated. TIA!

instead of a Mirage Omni sub, why don't you get the Polk Audio PSW110, this way, your whole set up is Polk Audio.

Offline pa3ck608

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • rebuilding mode
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #197 on: Jan 05, 2011 at 08:32 AM »
Polk OWM3 - surround
Polk CS 10 - center
Try mo din bro yung rti a1 same price as tsi 200, paired w/ csi a4 center (180 watts) mas malakas sa cs10.ok yun if you'r into movies.
CA 650A+DACMagic | Denon 4311 | Onkyo 608
Polk RTiA3 | B&W 686 S2 | MS Mezzo 8 | MS Avant 906i

Offline genesys

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: Jan 05, 2011 at 10:30 AM »
What would be the best AVR to complement this set-up:

TSi300
TSi100
CS10
(subs, still looking around)

I'm eyeing HK160 and Onkyo508/608, ano kaya the best? Can anyone pm the prevailing prices for these items?
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2011 at 10:31 AM by genesys »

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #199 on: Jan 05, 2011 at 05:08 PM »
What would be the best AVR to complement this set-up:

TSi300
TSi100
CS10
(subs, still looking around)

I'm eyeing HK160 and Onkyo508/608, ano kaya the best? Can anyone pm the prevailing prices for these items?

sent you pm :)

Offline turbine

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 02:20 PM »
Hi Sir,

mag kanu po yung TSI300, CS20 and CS10?

thank you po.

Offline Sanjay

• DVD Guru
  • Polk Audio
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: Jan 15, 2011 at 04:43 PM »
Hi Sir,

mag kanu po yung TSI300, CS20 and CS10?

thank you po.

The retail price of the Polk Audio TSi300 is P19,990 a pair, CS20 is P14,900 each and the CS10 is P8,790 each. Most of the AV stores that sell Polk Audio will probably give you a cash discount.

Offline astec

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Jan 17, 2011 at 06:10 AM »
Sir planning on a 2.1 set up with TSi 400, CS10 and DSW 500 or 550 powered by 608. Can you give me a quote?

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: Jan 17, 2011 at 09:09 AM »
Sir planning on a 2.1 set up with TSi 400, CS10 and DSW 500 or 550 powered by 608. Can you give me a quote?

sent you pm :)

Offline mareustroy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Feb 15, 2011 at 02:04 PM »
got my 5.1 system..cs10, tsi 100, m10, mirage omni 8, harman kardon 354 ( 75w/per channel ) (75w/ 2 channel stereo mode).. grabe! sa movie para akong mapapa away sa kapit bahay namin:) minimal lang ang volume pero ang lakas and the audio buong buo padin.. then sa music wala ako masabi sobra ganda ng tunong.. thanks avshop! soon jump to rti.. ;) para masubukan power ni harman!  ;)
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2011 at 02:07 PM by mareustroy »

Offline avshop

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Feb 15, 2011 at 04:30 PM »
got my 5.1 system..cs10, tsi 100, m10, mirage omni 8, harman kardon 354 ( 75w/per channel ) (75w/ 2 channel stereo mode).. grabe! sa movie para akong mapapa away sa kapit bahay namin:) minimal lang ang volume pero ang lakas and the audio buong buo padin.. then sa music wala ako masabi sobra ganda ng tunong.. thanks avshop! soon jump to rti.. ;) para masubukan power ni harman!  ;)

rti na kaagad? wow! no more tsi 300? he he. :)

thanks for the purchase. enjoy. :)

Offline mareustroy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Feb 15, 2011 at 04:37 PM »
hehe.. sana yung floorstand.. rti series ko na.. na aadik ako sa music.. hehe but 1st i buy harman pre amp or stereo.. :D

Offline jepoi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: Feb 21, 2011 at 08:27 AM »
di ko alam saan ipopost...  dito na lang...

ok lang po ba 'to:

Yamaha RX-V467
2 pairs of Polk TSi 200s (as front left, front right, surround left and surround right)
Polk CS10 (center)
Mirage S8 sub

?

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 606
« Reply #208 on: Feb 21, 2011 at 08:39 AM »
di ko alam saan ipopost...  dito na lang...

ok lang po ba 'to:

Yamaha RX-V467
2 pairs of Polk TSi 200s (as front left, front right, surround left and surround right)
Polk CS10 (center)
Mirage S8 sub

?

You might want to just use TSi100s for the surrounds, and upgrade the sub to a PSW125. :)

Offline jepoi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: Feb 22, 2011 at 11:09 AM »
balance na po ba yun, sir?

ok na po ba yung Yamaha RX-V467 for that setup?