Author Topic: The 2009 Panasonic plasma and lcd!  (Read 30576 times)

Offline titopepe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
is it advisable ba to get pv80 now?
or wait for the new model?
how much kaya for the rate for 50" neo pdp?
or should i stick with 50pv80?
call me tito... tito pepe!

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Perhaps the sellers here could possible source the PZ80 = PY800.  That is the outgoing model with the sweetest price in Tokyo at the moment.  And it's full HD. 

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
is it advisable ba to get pv80 now?
or wait for the new model?
how much kaya for the rate for 50" neo pdp?
or should i stick with 50pv80?

Between the 42x10 and a 50PV80 and even a 50PV70, I'll go for the older models. No doubts and no regrets, if ever. I'm still waiting for the "local" version of the G10, which is a FULL HD panel with (according to what my wife saw) "Kuro" like picture performance.

Offline cj_highnoon

• Apprentice
  • Live for NOTHING or die for SOMETHING!
  • Liked:
Between the 42x10 and a 50PV80 and even a 50PV70, I'll go for the older models. No doubts and no regrets, if ever. I'm still waiting for the "local" version of the G10, which is a FULL HD panel with (according to what my wife saw) "Kuro" like picture performance.

Sorry,, newbie here.. what is a "kuro" like performance.. ive been hearing a lot of this.. insights pls.. one cant know everything hehehe
,, from the war to the bar... chillin\'..:-)

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Sorry,, newbie here.. what is a "kuro" like performance.. ive been hearing a lot of this.. insights pls.. one cant know everything hehehe

welcome to pdvd brother. Pioneer Kuro has set the bar so high that even "close to" or "kuro like" description to a new panel makes us so curious and want to see it.

check this out bro: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=920011

the first time i saw a Kuro sa SnS may biglang tumawag sakin " sir, naiwan nyo po yung lower jaw nyo". ;D
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I still find the Kuro "cleaner" compared to the latest Neo-PDPs.  Mapapaupo ka sa display area ng Pioneer sa ganda ng PQ ng Kuro.   Kung Panasonic, ok lang nakatayo and palakad lakad.  Para ngang may tendency na grainy ang Panasonic  ;D   

Pero Panasonic ang binili ko kase di ko ma-afford ang Kuro.   No problem at all.   ;)

Offline ASuL

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
although not really an apples to apples comparision...

what about 42x10 vs 42LZ80...pricewise full HD LZ wins at 45k...

which one would you choose?

Offline avshop

• Trade Count: (+151)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Compared both and I liked the px10 better. Better color, contrast and response time. That's why I only carry the 42px10. For LCD I prefer Samsung. :)

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
I still find the Kuro "cleaner" compared to the latest Neo-PDPs.  Mapapaupo ka sa display area ng Pioneer sa ganda ng PQ ng Kuro.   Kung Panasonic, ok lang nakatayo and palakad lakad.  Para ngang may tendency na grainy ang Panasonic  ;D  

Pero Panasonic ang binili ko kase di ko ma-afford ang Kuro.   No problem at all.   ;)

Mag kuro naman tayo sir^

Boss, I'll answer this within the week. I'm looking for my notes on the LZ80, we did test the 37 inch version awhile back.

Compared both and I liked the px10 better. Better color, contrast and response time. That's why I only carry the 42px10. For LCD I prefer Samsung. :)

Nice combo yan sir, Panny sa plasma, Sammy sa LCD=)

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Im not sure if the 42 inch LCD panel of the LZ80 series is made by IPS Alpha.   Im positive the 32 and 37 are. 

Offline patupup

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Family Man
  • Liked:
Im not sure if the 42 inch LCD panel of the LZ80 series is made by IPS Alpha.   Im positive the 32 and 37 are. 
what's IPS Alpha? Is it a good sign na sila may gawa?
shuffle up and deal!

Offline anchit

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

hindi ba yung new batch na ng panny IPS alpha panel na?
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
hindi ba yung new batch na ng panny IPS alpha panel na?

As far as I remember even the older LX80 already has an IPS-Alpha panel. Could be wrong though...

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
Panasonic TX-P42G10 Review
NeoPDP technology for a grand? Yes please.

Picture Quality: HD
This is not going to be a very long summary, because I couldn't find anything to complain about here. The TV reproduced 1080p content from Blu-ray at 24p without judder. The quality of the image is astonishingly good, with all of the benefits of Plasma technology with as few of the disadvantages as I've seen in a long time. That is to say, the contrast, depth, and uniformity of the picture were utterly fantastic, as was the inherently wide viewing angle, but inherent Plasma issues – dithering PWM noise (only just noticeable as a “tizzing” in white areas) and phosphor trails – were close to non-existent. I had almost no complaints here whatsoever.

Conclusion
Well done to Panasonic for the TX-P42G10. Here we have a Plasma display with contrast performance previously reserved only for the high end, made available in smaller screen sizes, and for an amount of money that, recession or not, is a steal. Granted, value for money is one of the few parts of our tests that's somewhat subjective rather than based on data, but I feel that having newly developed technology (or more properly, refinements to technology), with this level of quality, at a price just over the three digit mark, is exemplary. With retailers such as Amazon and HiFiBitz offering this TV for under a grand, it's really a no-brainer.

Let's not forget the excellent Greyscale accuracy (once calibrated, that is!), the convenience of having both analogue, digital and digital HD satellite tuners in one device, and the fast response for gaming. Even the sound from the TV's own built in speakers isn't too bad - I found it to be totally serviceable for TV programmes and older games.

The only limitations of this display are ones that can either be side-stepped by adding a high quality video processor (whether that's in the form of an upconverting DVD player, a dedicated processor device, or an AV receiver with processing built in), or ones that I can happily tolerate given its other strengths and price. Highly recommended.

Pros:
-Fantastic contrast and black level performance
-Extensive connectivity options (Digital Terrestrial, Digital Satellite, Analogue Terrestrial, HDMI...)
-Excellent greyscale accuracy once calibrated
-Imperfect, but still very good colour performance
-Sublime detail thanks to 1:1 1080p input
-24p input is handled correctly, judder-free
-Portrays Digital TV broadcasts in an unusually favourable light!
-Video gaming is incredibly responsive
-Incredible value for money

Cons:
-No Colour Management System for perfecting colour performance
-Standard-def video deinterlacing and scaling are lacking

http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Panasonic-TX-P42G10-Review.html

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009 at 05:42 PM by Mouldingo »

Offline comitatus

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
That's a nice review! Sana me can do something like that also ;)
Panny 50C10 and Sammy 40A650

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: The 2009 Panasonic plasma and lcd! (may lcd impression na!)
« Reply #75 on: May 24, 2009 at 07:17 AM »
Some people might be thinking that the upgrade to the PV70/PV8/PV80 is a Neo PDP model.  That is not the case.  Neo PDPs are upgrades to the PZ80/PY800/PZ800/PZ850/PZ900 series.  These are all full HD model plasmas.

The upgrade to the PV8/PV80 is the X series; basically the same specs but with improved contrast ratio - not Neo PDP tech though.

To answer the question, why not if you really need a full HD plasma.  Otherwise, might be rather early to upgrade.

Are any of the Neo PDP models already available in the local market?  All I see in the market are PVs and the PYs.  So the PY800 is already a 2009 model?

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: May 24, 2009 at 11:16 AM »
Are any of the Neo PDP models already available in the local market?  All I see in the market are PVs and the PYs.  So the PY800 is already a 2009 model?

Neo PDP is not yet available in our market.  :(

The PV and PY are last year models. We now have the new TH-P42X10. Check this out on display at our shop.  :D

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2009 at 11:28 AM »
Neo PDP is not yet available in our market.  :(

The PV and PY are last year models. We now have the new TH-P42X10. Check this out on display at our shop.  :D

Thanks.  Am not in any rush.  Hopefully it will come out sometime this year.  Hopefully worth the wait especially for a 50 inch model.

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
50 inch G10 siguro ang next TV ko, thanks to sir Carlo's recommendations.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9

May tentative price na ba eto sa atin?  Sa Amazon, its $1,440.00.  Not bad for a 50" 1080p Plasma TV
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009 at 12:22 PM by oReOsHaKe »
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:

Thank you sir, my wife is also pushing for the same unit. Naka hold muna yung LED until this one comes out. Though she says it's really a good model, I'd like to see it with my own eyes first.

Offline emvi_2000

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Any reviews/impressions on the 42C10? This 2009 unit is the nearest to the 42PV80, price-wise at the moment, i believe?

Comparison to the 42X10  would be very much appreciated. too.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
May tentative price na ba eto sa atin?  Sa Amazon, its $1,440.00.  Not bad for a 50" 1080p Plasma TV

Wala pa sir.  Nagtanong nga ako sa Theater Works Trinoma, wala pa raw silang idea.

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009 at 08:05 AM by Mouldingo »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I stood up for nearly 1 hour in front of 2 50-inch Neo PDPs (the G and the V - G series is the upgrade to the PZ80/PY800, V series is the upgrade to the PZ800) and the PZ800 (PY850/PZ900) last Saturday and tried to figure out if I could actually detect the difference in terms of PQ.  Despite all the detailed comparative analyses of the seller, I honestly couldn't see much change - although I said "yeah yeah yeah" out of courtesy.   ;D

An hour later, the wife joined me and I asked for her impression.  She said the Neo PDP simply looked brighter on the same settings.  That I could see.   ;D

On the other hand, the PZ800's built-in speaker did sound BETTER.  A quick browse through the latest catalogue confirmed that Panasonic has reduced the number of built-in speaker - probably couldn't fit the same sound system in the narrower breadth.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009 at 09:01 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
I stood up for nearly 1 hour in front of 2 50-inch Neo PDPs (the G and the V - G series is the upgrade to the PZ80/PY800, V series is the upgrade to the PZ800) and the PZ800 (PY850/PZ900) last Saturday and tried to figure out if I could actually detect the difference in terms of PQ.  Despite all the detailed comparative analyses of the seller, I honestly couldn't see much change - although I said "yeah yeah yeah" out of courtesy.   ;D

An hour later, the wife joined me and I asked for her impression.  She said the Neo PDP simply looked brighter on the same settings.  That I could see.   ;D

On the other hand, the PZ800's built-in speaker did sound BETTER.  A quick browse through the latest catalogue confirmed that Panasonic has reduced the number of built-in speaker - probably couldn't fit the same sound system in the narrower breadth.

My wife agrees with you!

Again, for me, I'll only look at these factors:

1)Just how much the green phosphor lag has been reduced. The green trails is a subject of conflicting views so I really have to see this for myself.

2)I would also like to see the improvement in the area of "image retention".

Finally, it would also be nice to check out the "Z" series, if and when it does arrive.

Offline babed95

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
bro, kuro yun ang model ng pioneer plasma maganda ang pq nya kya lng sobrang mahal naman compare sa mga plasma ng panasonic na di naman din nahuhuli in terms of pq milya ang layo ng presyo ng kuro kesa sa mga ibang brand triple ang difference.

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
Initial Limited Introductory Stocks Available

Panasonic TH-P42C10 at 12 months P57250. Call for cash discount.

Units are selling very fast. Only a few units available. Re-stocking will come on next 2 weeks again.

Available at Sights and Sounds 4th level Shangri-La Plaza. Tel. 634-1789 to 90.

Offline Carlo777

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Link to C10 review:

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=96467.new#new

Check post#22

Thank you.

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Meron palang exhaust fans ang G10 sabi sa avforums (a UK site):

http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-televisions/1004863-panasonic-p50g10-fan-noise.html

I try to avoid TVs and AV Receivers with fans because it means that those units run hot.  I don't want the additional hassle of always having to check if the fans are in good running condition.

Maybe I should look at the S10 (is it called S1 in the U.S.?).  Wala daw fans yon, sabi sa avforums.

Panasonic TX-P50S10

Has anybody seen this?
« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2009 at 01:45 AM by barrister »