Author Topic: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer  (Read 409451 times)

Offline Bitstream

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer
« Reply #270 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 04:15 PM »
yes!may Xtreamer na sa Cebu. Got my unit today. Thanks sir Eric. ;D

Hi!  Hope the Xtreamer proves to be more than you were expecting!

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Internet video stream quality
« Reply #271 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 04:28 PM »
now converting. 20 hours to go..... :o

tried the fw 2.0 beta. lots of improvement especially on the gui. internet is speedier as well. thing i don't understand is why they stick with the low resolution of the internet videos. it may take longer to load but at least give the customer the choice to maximize their displays.

Hopefully, Ver 2.0 will surprise us with internet video stream quality.  They already said it will look better with this update.

Remember, the beta version isn't final - it's too early to make any conclusions!  Bug-fixes, performance improvements and new features are all being worked on.  Issues with higher priority that are crucial to the core usability of the product take precedence.  Xtreamer is an on-going piece of work - it should get better with time.

Do visit the Xtreamer Official Forum at www.forum.xtreamer.net to be heard.  Please give Xtreamer constructive ideas, comments and encouragement!

They do read the posts and strive to improve the Xtreamer user experience.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Change default settings for improved picture quality
« Reply #272 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 04:37 PM »
To PinoyDVD's video experts:  your comments please?

Reply (to the post of porkepik, see below):
Na, not that it's a realtek problem, i got the Asus O!Play with a lowe realtek chips set, the image is the same or not better than my Elektron 606 ... it's the firmware default setting, but you can change it to what ever you like

Originally Posted by porkepik View Post:
Hey,

So i've decided to put the Popcorn C-200 (fw 091007) and Xtreamer (fw 1.3.01) to the test, and honestly i wasn't expecting that there would be so much differences between the two

Plugged the devices to same TV (Toshiba Regza FullHD 47") which has exact same settings for all HDMI inputs, and these settings come from long debates on AVForums, and personal tests so i know they're good...

So just switching between hdmi sources, the testing began with all sorts of videos. From the 700MB xvid to the 720p MKVs, finishing with untouched bluray m2ts, the exact same behaviour was here: colours are severely washed out on xtreamer with less details. There is way more image noise too.
The most obvious thing is people's flesh look lively on the C-200, while they have a brownish 'effect' on xtreamer

Can't imagine what people with 60" high quality pioneer Tv or videoprojectors would find

Have any other people made tests?
Anyone made comparisons between realtek models?
Someone on avsforums reported that his asus o!play (realtek 1073) had bad video image compared to his A110, i would tend to believe him now.
I checked on xtreamer forums, found 1 post about bad dvd quality, no one answered yet...

I know one device is almost 3 times the price of the other, but this is about sigma 864x VS realtek 1283 here.
There is no colour management in xtreamer settings, just brightness and contrast, the C-200 only has choice between 0-255 and 16-235 range, so no risk of missing on any forgotten setting...
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2009 at 04:40 PM by Bitstream »

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #273 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 04:58 PM »
^ that's what is posted on MPC

well

the answer from what transpired between Mediaman and me
> http://forum.xtreamer.net/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=1068&start=10

I have reported it before but could not explain to users or the R n D exactly what I saw,

Tvix6500 was based on Sigma also..

The admins said they tested all players in there labs and the picture quality was the same..

So not sure anymore

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #274 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 05:14 PM »
Oh well, let's just hope na nga lang na its just a FW issue and not a chip limitation.   ::)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #275 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 05:56 PM »
Antay lang ng konti brader.......sa dami mong projects, sandali na yan.  ;)

But kung ayaw mo mag caladryl - i-PM mo na kaagad si Eric (Bitstream) ;D

Wala naman ako magagawa e, kaya bilisan mo...  ;D ;D ;D

Caladryl muna habang inaantay kita... :o

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #276 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 07:19 PM »

Wala naman ako magagawa e, kaya bilisan mo...  ;D ;D ;D

Caladryl muna habang inaantay kita... :o

hahahahaha - opo, master ;D

Offline natosan

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #277 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 08:00 PM »
Finally I could convert my hdd to ext3 and true enough xtreamer was able to read it.

So here goes my review...

PQ quality is outstanding. I found it better i guess based on default setting than egreat and hdpro. No hdmi handshake issues. The fan noise is there but I can't hear it since I'm normally 10 feet away so I set it at high. It's smaller than I expected.

Played everything except my transformers 17g mkv file which hanged the unit. Have to unplug the power adaptor and restart. Photo slideshow worked well just like hdpro.

In terms of GUI, I found the text too small on fw 2.0 kasi HD na sya. I hope they can adjust this for the final version. Ease of use is so-so. Changing chapters and substitles needs a few extra steps compared to the norm. Although the layout is fairly good, personally I still prefer a blue colored themed. Much cooler and more relaxing.

as mentioned in previous posts, my main gripes are the lack of Internet radio which hdpro and egreat did quite well and the low res quality of ALL the Internet channels. The former was promised in the fw2.0 but wasn't present in the beta version. For the Internet video quality according to the xtreamer forum, earliest date this issue can be addressed is Christmas time. I really appreciate the effort the xtreamer team is putting on to address issues but I'm afraid by the time they are done the next generations of media players could be out in the market already.

For the price, it's a good value media player.it's a portable device you can bring with you on trips or to your relatives house.       

It

Offline leumas

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #278 on: Oct 20, 2009 at 08:52 PM »
Hi! I just want to ask if the xtreamer can play media placed in an ipod? because some dvd players with usb can't play files loaded into a mp3 player like an ipod and etc. TIA

Offline Bogsle

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #279 on: Oct 21, 2009 at 12:20 AM »
Hi Eric,

Could you please help us bring this in locally? I will immediately be your first customer.

I like your Xtreamer very much (I'm already selling my other NMT) but with the humid and hot climate we have in the country some of us might end up not using and enjoying it as much. Unfortunately not everyone has airconditioned homes and this cooling device will be very useful.

It's called "The Xtreamer XSC".

I believe that not only can it extend the life of Xtreamer but the cooling device will very much help in minimizing performance issue or failures like hanging, sudden rebooting, other sofware failures and glitches that are normally brought about by too much heat.

Hope we can get this soon.

Thank you.

« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2009 at 12:30 AM by Bogsle »

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #280 on: Oct 21, 2009 at 12:55 AM »
Hi Eric,

Could you please help us bring this in locally? I will immediately be your first customer.

I like your Xtreamer very much (I'm already selling my other NMT) but with the humid and hot climate we have in the country some of us might end up not using and enjoying it as much. Unfortunately not everyone has airconditioned homes and this cooling device will be very useful.

It's called "The Xtreamer XSC".

I believe that not only can it extend the life of Xtreamer but the cooling device will very much help in minimizing performance issue or failures like hanging, sudden rebooting, other sofware failures and glitches that are normally brought about by too much heat.

Hope we can get this soon.

Thank you.

Hi!  Glad you're happy with your Xtreamer.

MVIX (Xtreamer's manufacturer) will be announcing a "passive cooling" solution soon.  I think it will be the XSC, or something very similar. I will post here once more info becomes available.

I agree... this will be a good thing to have.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Stream and store live internet video from more than 400 channels
« Reply #281 on: Oct 21, 2009 at 09:14 AM »
That's what it says on the updated splash page of www.xtreamer.net!

Offline natosan

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #282 on: Oct 21, 2009 at 10:12 AM »
not sure if it was because of my settings before with egreat and hdpro but with my xtreamer the pq quality is really excellent. feels like watching 1080p on my 720p plasma tv. even my wife noticed it. or baka nga better lang ang default settings nya.

wow 400 channels! hope most of them are  HQ or HD quality.

Offline Tempter

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #283 on: Oct 21, 2009 at 10:50 AM »
Finally I could convert my hdd to ext3 and true enough xtreamer was able to read it.

So here goes my review...

PQ quality is outstanding. I found it better i guess based on default setting than egreat and hdpro. No hdmi handshake issues. The fan noise is there but I can't hear it since I'm normally 10 feet away so I set it at high. It's smaller than I expected.

Played everything except my transformers 17g mkv file which hanged the unit. Have to unplug the power adaptor and restart. Photo slideshow worked well just like hdpro.

In terms of GUI, I found the text too small on fw 2.0 kasi HD na sya. I hope they can adjust this for the final version. Ease of use is so-so. Changing chapters and substitles needs a few extra steps compared to the norm. Although the layout is fairly good, personally I still prefer a blue colored themed. Much cooler and more relaxing.

I also tried FW 2.0 beta. And here are my impressions.

1. Cleaner UI, but text size too small for my taste(if you use a small CRT tv, it might prove unreadable), probably they could add a setting for this.
2. Takes a bit longer to load than 1.0.3.1
3. It hanged few of my movies that worked flawlessly on 1.0.3.1 (this is not good, despite the fact that this is only beta, this kind of issue should not have been there). What's bothering me is that those movies played on the PREVIEW but shows only blank screen when you play it. You need to unplug the unit to recover.
    The good side(though im not sure if this is good), my LOTR-ROTK mkv that hangs on 1.0.3.1 now plays on 2.0b although same as HDPro, it manifests green pixelation all over the frame.

After a few minutes of tinkering, I decided to revert the FW back to 1.0.3.1 because 2.0b it hanged a lot on more movies.

« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2009 at 10:54 AM by Tempter »
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline piggyback

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #284 on: Oct 21, 2009 at 11:08 AM »
just a question: how much did you guys buy your 500gb SATA 2.5 for the xtreamer? any recommendations?

i'm very happy with the performance of the xtreamer so far, the only thing i didn't like about it is the usb port because the 2 usb ports are so close together. and yeah, about the heating problem, hope theres an XSC available soon.

btw, regarding the etrayz, is it available here?

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #285 on: Oct 21, 2009 at 11:16 AM »
Wouldn't it better if they just included the XSC with the subsequent batches of the Xtreamer--at no additional cost? And then offer it at a good price to the earlier batches without?  ;D
« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2009 at 11:36 AM by gaol »

Offline natosan

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #286 on: Oct 21, 2009 at 11:43 AM »
I also tried FW 2.0 beta. And here are my impressions.

1. Cleaner UI, but text size too small for my taste(if you use a small CRT tv, it might prove unreadable), probably they could add a setting for this.
I SECOND THE MOTION.     
2. Takes a bit longer to load than 1.0.3.1 -
NOTICED THIS TOO.
3. It hanged few of my movies that worked flawlessly on 1.0.3.1 (this is not good, despite the fact that this is only beta, this kind of issue should not have been there). What's bothering me is that those movies played on the PREVIEW but shows only blank screen when you play it. You need to unplug the unit to recover.
    The good side(though im not sure if this is good), my LOTR-ROTK mkv that hangs on 1.0.3.1 now plays on 2.0b although same as HDPro, it manifests green pixelation all over the frame.
SO FAR, SA TRANSFORMERS PA LANG NAG HANG. THE PREVIEW PLAYED. TRIED 12G FILES WITH NO HITCHES.
    After a few minutes of tinkering, I decided to revert the FW back to 1.0.3.1 because 2.0b it hanged a lot on more movies.
I'M STICKING WITH THE FW 2.0 BETA FOR NOW

Sorry naka-caps reply ko. tinamad akong baguhin.. peace!

Offline Tempter

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #287 on: Oct 21, 2009 at 12:09 PM »
Hehe! I hope when the FW 2.1 comes out, it will be as good as they said it would be. I have no high hopes on 2.0 because its only on beta stage, but if 2.1 still manifests the same problem then this player could become an ordinary divx player for me hehe!!! An expensive divx player! Defeats the main purpose...  ;D

Offline Tempter

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #288 on: Oct 21, 2009 at 12:53 PM »
As an addition:

The problem in hanging movies only proves that this is a FW issue and not on the chip itself. Knowing that those files flawlessly plays on the previous FW, and the other plays on the new, then that is a proof that there is a problem in their FW implementation.

Offline alcharles1121

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #289 on: Oct 21, 2009 at 02:59 PM »
Sir,

How much po ito? saan po available? Payment options? Thank You

PM nalang po

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #290 on: Oct 21, 2009 at 06:52 PM »
to those who have upgraded to FW 2.0..do you have mkv files that have chapters? can you please test it..sabi kasi na implement sa FW 2.0b

from mavvy in xtreamer forums
Hi actually FW2.0.0b2 has mkv chapter support, maybe it's just not recognized with every mkv yet.

BUT...
only via the GOTO popup menu. Not by using the PREV/SKIP buttons, this is still not included as ahrensfd said.

Offline Tempter

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #291 on: Oct 21, 2009 at 07:45 PM »
to those who have upgraded to FW 2.0..do you have mkv files that have chapters? can you please test it..sabi kasi na implement sa FW 2.0b

Tinamad na ko itest sir, ini-revert ko to 1.0.3.1 kasi nabadtrip lang ako!  ;D Panay hang e hehe!

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #292 on: Oct 21, 2009 at 09:47 PM »
Care to share link for firmware Beta 2.0?
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline natosan

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #293 on: Oct 21, 2009 at 10:13 PM »
Care to share link for firmware Beta 2.0?
sir check one of my previous post or go to iboum.com then go to the xtreamer page. Sa comment section may link doon. 

Offline natosan

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #294 on: Oct 21, 2009 at 10:32 PM »

confirmed the chapters in my Sheryl Crow mkv file it's not convenient to use as noted by another poster. Sana up and down buttons ang Naka assign

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #295 on: Oct 22, 2009 at 10:35 AM »
i don't mind kung sa goto menu hehe..bsta supported..does it list the chapters only? wala title?

Offline Bogsle

• DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #296 on: Oct 22, 2009 at 12:42 PM »
i don't mind kung sa goto menu hehe..bsta supported..does it list the chapters only? wala title?

Hi.

Going to specific chapters is supported already in FW 1.0.3.1 and you don't need to wait for FW 2.0.

I have an MKV of "Blood the Last Vampire" that is encoded with chapters. Going forward and backward to different chapters work perfecty!

I use the GOTO menu of course as the supposedly chapters button |<< or >>| on the remote takes you to the next MKV movie file in the disk instead.

Cheers
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2009 at 12:43 PM by Bogsle »

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #297 on: Oct 22, 2009 at 01:15 PM »
ah ganun ba..I have a eagles concert which has mkv chapters..i tried using the goto buttons but does not work..nkalagay dun 58/58 then i tried changing it to a different chapter and wala naman nangyayari..sa wdtv ko kasi when i press the chapters it displays the list kasama titles para alam mo kung ano song na ipplay

my fw din is 1.0.3.1..

also if supported na why do people request it in the xtreamer forums?
http://forum.xtreamer.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1350

Offline Bogsle

• DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #298 on: Oct 22, 2009 at 01:24 PM »
ah ganun ba..I have a eagles concert which has mkv chapters..i tried using the goto buttons but does not work..nkalagay dun 58/58 then i tried changing it to a different chapter and wala naman nangyayari..sa wdtv ko kasi when i press the chapters it displays the list kasama titles para alam mo kung ano song na ipplay

my fw din is 1.0.3.1..

also if supported na why do people request it in the xtreamer forums?
http://forum.xtreamer.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1350

Hmm...strange indeed.

Can you please send me information on the torrent for your Eagles Concert mkv?

I will try to download it.

Offline natosan

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #299 on: Oct 22, 2009 at 01:33 PM »
went back to 1.0.3 too. too many files hanging or the green flashing. will have to do with the "uglier"  ;) gui for now. at least it's stable.

also tried the iphone remote feature. it's a nice extra feature indeed. may lag nga lang konti...