Author Topic: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer  (Read 409270 times)

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Re: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer
« Reply #450 on: Nov 12, 2009 at 03:18 PM »
Formatting will not create any sub-folders.  You have a free hand in creating and naming them as you wish.

No sir, my goal was really to have the partition info, but if folders are created automatically then I would also like to know.

I'll try to duplicate the partitions via pmagic to enable playlist without formatting the HD. Because in my case even if XT has internal drive, it still can't play files from playlist saying FILE NOT EXIT!!!  ;D

tnx
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline Bitstream

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #451 on: Nov 12, 2009 at 03:49 PM »
No sir, my goal was really to have the partition info, but if folders are created automatically then I would also like to know.

I'll try to duplicate the partitions via pmagic to enable playlist without formatting the HD. Because in my case even if XT has internal drive, it still can't play files from playlist saying FILE NOT EXIT!!!  ;D

tnx

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do - can you shed some light?

I haven't messed around with playlists yet - are you referring to a video playlist, a music playlist or a 'default' playlist for slideshows (that comes into play when there is no specific music playlist in the folder)?

Please report the spelling error in the Xtreamer Forum  :P

Offline Tempter

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #452 on: Nov 12, 2009 at 04:13 PM »
I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do - can you shed some light?

I haven't messed around with playlists yet - are you referring to a video playlist, a music playlist or a 'default' playlist for slideshows (that comes into play when there is no specific music playlist in the folder)?

Please report the spelling error in the Xtreamer Forum  :P

Actually the FILE NOT EXIT error has been reported so many times already. And it doesn't affect me that much hehe!

Whether it be video or music, when I try to add media files in the playlist and play it from there it says FILE NOT EXIT!!!

I did not format my HD with XT, I just thought maybe this has got something to do with it.

So I was asking if somebody have formatted their HD with XT and for them to share the partition information for me to recreate using Partition Magic.
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2009 at 04:15 PM by Tempter »
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #453 on: Nov 12, 2009 at 05:11 PM »

tnx

I checked the Xtreamer Official Forum (where you have posted).  Other users have successfully implemented playlists even in diskless Xtreamers.  It appears that the playlist functionality is working ok.

The gist of the discussions:
Be careful to use 'relative' (as opposed to 'absolute') references to file locations. And make sure you put the playlist file in the correct directory.

Good luck.

Offline 31gna

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #454 on: Nov 16, 2009 at 07:18 PM »
boss bitstream - my reply...
  • What brand/model of TV? - Panasonic 32x10
  • Are you using an Audio/Video Receiver (AVR)? - Nope. Xtreamer is connected directly to the tv via hdmi
  • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable? - Not yet, will try this tonight.
  • Can you try connecting the Xtreamer to another TV? - not yet. Although we only have one tv with an hdmi port. The others are crt  and since the problem is not occurring using composite connection Im not sure if its even worth testing it. As it is the problem does not occur when using composite cables on our lcd tv.

Will do further test tonight using a different cable. If you guys have other ideas do let me know :)

boss bitstream - tried a different hdmi cable (sabre, which I got free with my lcd from SnS), still had the same "twitching", "flickering" problem. It has gotten worse actually, I now encounter scenes where scenes would black out very fast - around a second.

I'll try to post a video later for you to see.
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2009 at 10:42 AM by 31gna »

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #455 on: Nov 16, 2009 at 11:03 PM »
boss bitstream - tried a different hdmi cable (sabre, which I got free with my lcd from SnS), still had the same "twitching", "flickering" problem. It has gotten worse actually, I now encounter since where scenes would black out very fast - around a second.

Hi!

If you want to have the Xtreamer checked, please drop it off at either of the following locations,
from Mon-Fri between 8am to 5pm:

Unit 34-G Wilson St.
Greenhills West
San Juan City

or

198 G. Araneta Avenue
Sta. Mesa
Quezon City

Please include the power adapter so we can test it as well.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #456 on: Nov 16, 2009 at 11:08 PM »
boss bitstream - tried a different hdmi cable (sabre, which I got free with my lcd from SnS), still had the same "twitching", "flickering" problem. It has gotten worse actually, I now encounter since where scenes would black out very fast - around a second.

You might want to try connecting to a different HDMI port on your TV....

Offline petrolhead

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #457 on: Nov 16, 2009 at 11:36 PM »
got the extreamer last saturday.  :)
It's not rape, it's surprise sex...

Offline robie

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #458 on: Nov 17, 2009 at 03:16 PM »
boss bitstream - tried a different hdmi cable (sabre, which I got free with my lcd from SnS), still had the same "twitching", "flickering" problem. It has gotten worse actually, I now encounter scenes where scenes would black out very fast - around a second.

Hi I had the same flickering problem every 5-10 seconds on my panasonic s10.  it was fixed when i upgraded my firmware last week (followed instructions on restore factory settings before and after). there seems to be a problem on a specific firmware version.

history:
- my original firmware didnt have this problem
- when 1st upgraded the firmware (cant recall what version), it manifested the problem
- 2nd upgrade with restore factory settings before and after upgrade; on a newer fimrware - fixed problem

sharing my experience lang, hope it helps

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #459 on: Nov 17, 2009 at 05:24 PM »
Hi I had the same flickering problem every 5-10 seconds on my panasonic s10.  it was fixed when i upgraded my firmware last week (followed instructions on restore factory settings before and after). there seems to be a problem on a specific firmware version.

history:
- my original firmware didnt have this problem
- when 1st upgraded the firmware (cant recall what version), it manifested the problem
- 2nd upgrade with restore factory settings before and after upgrade; on a newer fimrware - fixed problem

sharing my experience lang, hope it helps

Thanks for the info.  What FW version are you using now?

Offline Tempter

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #460 on: Nov 18, 2009 at 01:03 PM »
I checked the Xtreamer Official Forum (where you have posted).  Other users have successfully implemented playlists even in diskless Xtreamers.  It appears that the playlist functionality is working ok.

The gist of the discussions:
Be careful to use 'relative' (as opposed to 'absolute') references to file locations. And make sure you put the playlist file in the correct directory.

Good luck.

I did not made the playlist using any other means but with the XT itself, so the thing about references(absolute/relative) should not be an issue. And you cannot add to playlist if XT doesn't have an internal HDD. I believe the playlist the forumers is referring to is the one created on PC (m3u files can be created with other PC media players).
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2009 at 01:08 PM by Tempter »

Online thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2233
« Reply #461 on: Nov 18, 2009 at 04:28 PM »
I'm new to this thread and hoping to learn about this xtreamer.
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #462 on: Nov 18, 2009 at 08:37 PM »
I'm new to this thread and hoping to learn about this xtreamer.

Hi! Have you checked out www.xtreamer.net?  It's a cool website where you can learn lots about the Xtreamer and what it can do (aside from just playing media files).

Click on this link for YouTube videos:  http://forum.xtreamer.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2793

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Xtreamer is Computer Shopper's Best Buy
« Reply #463 on: Nov 18, 2009 at 11:01 PM »
  Computer Shopper rates the Xtreamer a Best Buy

Here's the link to the article:
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/reviews/270697/xtreamer.html

Offline shainoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #464 on: Nov 19, 2009 at 09:19 AM »
Sir Bitstream, I have been playing with your Xtreamer since i bought it from you last October. I have an internal HDD and a USB HDD. How could I merge the contents of both HDD so i could see everything on the file list of the GUI without going to the menu to select HDD or USB?

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Merging directory listings
« Reply #465 on: Nov 19, 2009 at 08:58 PM »
Sir Bitstream, I have been playing with your Xtreamer since i bought it from you last October. I have an internal HDD and a USB HDD. How could I merge the contents of both HDD so i could see everything on the file list of the GUI without going to the menu to select HDD or USB?

Hi shainoy,

As far as i know, you cannot merge the directory listings of the internal and external hard drives.

Wait for the Xtreamer Movie Jukebox (XMJ); there is a possibility that this program, if set up properly,  will allow you to see movie posters and other info, without you having to keep track of the movie's physical location.

This is possible on Yet Another Movie Jukebox (YAMJ), a popular movie jukebox used for Networked Media Tanks (NMTs) that run on Syabas firmware. Examples are the HDX 1000, Popcorn Hour and certain models of eGreat.

Hopefully, we'll have some nice surprises when XMJ is released.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Xtreamer is now on Facebook!
« Reply #466 on: Nov 19, 2009 at 11:38 PM »
Are you on Facebook?

Here is a link to the Xtreamer page:
http://www.facebook.com/business/dashboard/?ref=sb#/pages/Xtreamer-Media-Players-More/177476747097

Please post photos and comments about your Xtreamer, your AV setup, etc.  Help liven up the page!

Offline shainoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #467 on: Nov 20, 2009 at 09:20 AM »
Sir Bitstream, Thank you for the reply. So, we just have to wait na nalang for the Jukebox to be integrated to the firmware 2.xxx (Are they working on this?) or could i return my Xtreamer in exchange for a HDX100 my first option actually when i was scouting for a NMT :).

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #468 on: Nov 20, 2009 at 01:39 PM »
Sir Bitstream, Thank you for the reply. So, we just have to wait na nalang for the Jukebox to be integrated to the firmware 2.xxx (Are they working on this?) or could i return my Xtreamer in exchange for a HDX100 my first option actually when i was scouting for a NMT :).

The Jukebox is supposed to be integrated into FW Ver 2.1.  Can't tell exactly how it works or whether it will work well.  We have to wait and see.

Maybe you can offer your Xtreamer in the Marketplace.  If the price is right, I'm sure somebody will snap it up very quickly.  As for the HDX 1000, just buzz me when you're ready to switch - I'll be sure to give you a good deal on it.

Offline robie

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #469 on: Nov 21, 2009 at 08:57 PM »
Quote:
"Thanks for the info.  What FW version are you using now?"

I had flickering problem with version 2.0.0 on panasonic plasma

it was fixed with version 2.0.1

HTH

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Update firmware to Ver 2.0.2; NFS vs SMB shares
« Reply #470 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 02:05 AM »
Quote:
"Thanks for the info.  What FW version are you using now?"

I had flickering problem with version 2.0.0 on panasonic plasma

it was fixed with version 2.0.1

HTH

To everybody - please upgrade your Xtreamer firmware to Ver 2.0.2. 

Ver 2.0 and 2.0.1 have a bug that deletes files that are accessed through NFS (Network File System) shares.  This won't affect those who use SMB (Server Message Block) shares - the default used by Windows.  But I suggest that you go ahead and do the firmware update anyway... just in case you do decide to try NFS.

And why would you want to use NFS instead of SMB?  Because it's faster!  You get better streaming performance. 

Online iPhat

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #471 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 04:06 PM »
May na update na ba regarding torrent client in xtreamer?
"keep your friends close but your enemies closer"

Offline Compaq

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #472 on: Nov 22, 2009 at 05:34 PM »
Songs of the 80s Rocks!!! Internet Radio Rocks!!! Xtreamer Media Player/Streamer Rocks!!!

I finally replaced my router yesterday (nabasa 'nung Ondoy yung power adapter, for two months I was looking for a replacement - 3.3v)... Anyway, had my Xtreamer connected (wired, cabling also happened yesterday) and voila... Internet Radio Stations, Clips (youtube, CNN, BBBC, movie trailers, etc, etc, etc). I am a late adopter and didn't really researched (not too much) what the other NMTs have to offer... Asked some friends, did some browsing and reading until Xtreamer got my attention. The rest is history  ;D.

To date, I haven't encountered any playback-related issues with it. Current plan is to have another one for the HT Room (already wired yesterday... ina-antay na lang yung player  ;D).

Cheers!!!
Compaq

<Xtreamer is currently tuned in to 181 FM Awesome 80s @128kbs - Now Playing : This Time I Know Its for Real by Donna Summer ;D ;D ;D>
« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2009 at 05:41 PM by Compaq »

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #473 on: Nov 24, 2009 at 12:27 AM »
Hi!

Is there a problem/issue w/ FM 2.0.2?? Can't seem to upgrade/install the FW, thanks!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #474 on: Nov 24, 2009 at 09:50 AM »
Hi!

Is there a problem/issue w/ FM 2.0.2?? Can't seem to upgrade/install the FW, thanks!

So far, I haven't encountered any issue upgrading tot FW Ver. 2.0.2.  What happens when you try to upgrade?

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
PINNACLE's Distributor Certificate
« Reply #475 on: Nov 24, 2009 at 10:34 AM »

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Xtreamer + Wi-fi promo in the Marketplace (runs for 3 days)
« Reply #476 on: Nov 25, 2009 at 10:59 AM »
Check out the Marketplace for a 3-day promotion
on the Xtreamer + USB Wireless-N bundle.

Offline fuzion

• Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #477 on: Nov 25, 2009 at 11:16 AM »
 ;) Sir Bitstream!

Many thanks for the Xtreamer and for the accommodation. We are enjoying HD movies now!! :o
-----------------------------
MMMMMM!

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #478 on: Nov 25, 2009 at 11:45 AM »
;) Sir Bitstream!

Many thanks for the Xtreamer and for the accommodation. We are enjoying HD movies now!! :o

Fantastic!  Don't forget to update firmware to Ver. 2.0.2   

Hope you and your family will have a great time with it  :D

Offline siriusblack

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #479 on: Nov 25, 2009 at 02:53 PM »
sir eric, from 1.0.3, you can jump to 2.0.2 FW immediately right?
Lord, help me prove that winning the lottery won't spoil me !!