Author Topic: Unofficial HTPC users thread: Tips, Tricks, and everything HTPC  (Read 232722 times)

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 134
Re: Unofficial HTPC users thread: Tips, Tricks, and everything HTPC
« Reply #570 on: May 02, 2012 at 04:09 PM »
sinubukan ko po kagabi magreset, ganun pa rin. hanggang sa may windows logo lang ang may display.. bili na lang po ako optical para yun na lang gamitin ko muna sir.. hirap i-troubleshoot eh..

Sir, have you setup in the Catalyst Setup and/or Display Settings for either clone/extended desktop? If you play sounds or movies, does the audio play through the speakers connected to your AVR?

Offline -lee-

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #571 on: May 02, 2012 at 09:29 PM »
Sir, have you setup in the Catalyst Setup and/or Display Settings for either clone/extended desktop? If you play sounds or movies, does the audio play through the speakers connected to your AVR?

sinubukan ko mag dual monitor sir, hdmi to the receiver and dvi to a monitor.. walang madetect sa hdmi.. pero may display sya bago mag windows, kaya iniisip ko, baka driver ng 650 ang culprit.. will try optical na lang sir to passthrough audio to the receiver, habang wala pa pambili ng bagong vcard..

Offline joko11

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • la dolce vita
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #572 on: May 03, 2012 at 08:39 PM »
sinubukan ko mag dual monitor sir, hdmi to the receiver and dvi to a monitor.. walang madetect sa hdmi.. pero may display sya bago mag windows, kaya iniisip ko, baka driver ng 650 ang culprit.. will try optical na lang sir to passthrough audio to the receiver, habang wala pa pambili ng bagong vcard..
im afraid there is no other way you can use HDMI and DVI at the same time.better buy optical out
Primum Nil Nocere

Offline -lee-

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #573 on: May 03, 2012 at 08:54 PM »
im afraid there is no other way you can use HDMI and DVI at the same time.better buy optical out

yes sir toslink na lang muna gagamitin ko for audio.. thanks everyone for your help.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #574 on: May 04, 2012 at 11:20 AM »
The latest version of KMP plays 3D - Left/Right and Over/Under - but you need a 3D HDTV of course.   ;)

If your monitor is only 2D, then KMP still combines the 2 images and then viewable in 2D - but that's moot if you already have the original 2D version of the MKV.   ;D

Offline TinkerTailor

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 220
« Reply #575 on: May 04, 2012 at 04:46 PM »

It seems the problem is really with the videocard. I have been using the DVI out(connected to a plasma tv using
DVI to HDMI converter) together with the HDMI out(connected to an HK AVR) of my ATI HD5450 with no problem. In fact, the VGA out of my videocard(it has an HDMI, DVI, and VGA out) is also connected to a 19" monitor so that I can conveniently switch between the small monitor and the plasma depending on whether I want to watch movies, listen to music or just surf the net.

Offline joko11

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • la dolce vita
  • Liked:
« Reply #576 on: May 04, 2012 at 07:34 PM »
It seems the problem is really with the videocard. I have been using the DVI out(connected to a plasma tv using
DVI to HDMI converter) together with the HDMI out(connected to an HK AVR) of my ATI HD5450 with no problem. In fact, the VGA out of my videocard(it has an HDMI, DVI, and VGA out) is also connected to a 19" monitor so that I can conveniently switch between the small monitor and the plasma depending on whether I want to watch movies, listen to music or just surf the net.

dont know for ati series4 that he uses..maybe updating driver might help resolving the issue.
Primum Nil Nocere

Offline -lee-

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #577 on: May 05, 2012 at 07:33 PM »
dont know for ati series4 that he uses..maybe updating driver might help resolving the issue.

updated the driver sir pero wala pa din display.. anyway, the toslink i ordered from sir anya arrived this afternoon and finally my system is working. pc connected directly to tv using hdmi and audio is sent to the receiver using toslink. happy na :) thanks everyone

Offline Wildfire™

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #578 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 05:16 PM »
i need help with xbmc giving error  :(

already reinstall xbmc still the same, also tried to downgrading to 10.1 dharma still the same

this happens everytime i try to look at the movies
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2012 at 05:37 PM by Wildfire™ »

Offline Frankthetank

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Collector
  • Just started my HT journey.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 79
« Reply #579 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 05:18 PM »
bookmark ko lang

Offline Wildfire™

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #580 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 06:34 PM »
any good alternatives to xbmc?

Offline joko11

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • la dolce vita
  • Liked:
« Reply #581 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 09:54 PM »
any good alternatives to xbmc?
andami brow.spash pro mpc kmp powerdvd.
maganda lang naman sa xbmc yung library(imo)
Primum Nil Nocere

Offline Wildfire™

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #582 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 10:15 PM »
andami brow.spash pro mpc kmp powerdvd.
maganda lang naman sa xbmc yung library(imo)

naka powerdvd and splashpro nako pero dahil sa dami ng movies sa hdd kailangan ko ng library, badtrip kasi xbmc wala akong makitang solution sa net

Offline joko11

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • la dolce vita
  • Liked:
« Reply #583 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 10:19 PM »
naka powerdvd and splashpro nako pero dahil sa dami ng movies sa hdd kailangan ko ng library, badtrip kasi xbmc wala akong makitang solution sa net
nag reinstall ka na diba pero ayaw pa rin?
try mo alisin tapos driver sweeper muna bago reinstall ulit
Primum Nil Nocere

Offline Wildfire™

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #584 on: Aug 13, 2012 at 10:32 PM »
nag reinstall ka na diba pero ayaw pa rin?
try mo alisin tapos driver sweeper muna bago reinstall ulit

sige i'll check the drivers, nag reinstall din nga pala ako ng visual c 2008/2010 x86 and x64 pero ganun pa din

Offline Wildfire™

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #585 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 09:18 PM »
i found the culprit causing xbmc to have errors, its Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol, i dont know why but when i removed it from the directory everything is running fine

Offline joko11

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • la dolce vita
  • Liked:
« Reply #586 on: Aug 14, 2012 at 10:04 PM »
i found the culprit causing xbmc to have errors, its Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol, i dont know why but when i removed it from the directory everything is running fine
ok good.tuloy ang ligaya :D
Primum Nil Nocere

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #587 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 08:40 PM »

Baka may virus.  Try mo din Moovida And Media Portal

Offline Wildfire™

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #588 on: Aug 15, 2012 at 09:57 PM »
Baka may virus.  Try mo din Moovida And Media Portal

baka virus nga nagdownload na lang ulit ako ng bago

pero may new problem ako after connecting the hdmi from pc to receiver and set the desktop to extend ang ngyari ung tv ang naging primary so what i did was to set the monitor as primary kaya lang pag inoff ko na ung amp and tv nagiging primary ulit ung tv leaving me with my dedicated monitor as an extended desktop. tapos when i turn the TV back on and it instantly swaps my regular monitor back to the primary

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #589 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 04:29 AM »
baka virus nga nagdownload na lang ulit ako ng bago

pero may new problem ako after connecting the hdmi from pc to receiver and set the desktop to extend ang ngyari ung tv ang naging primary so what i did was to set the monitor as primary kaya lang pag inoff ko na ung amp and tv nagiging primary ulit ung tv leaving me with my dedicated monitor as an extended desktop. tapos when i turn the TV back on and it instantly swaps my regular monitor back to the primary

Try mo nalang duplicate display.  This is my setup sa HT room ko.  I can use a small 15" monitor for tweaking so that I do not need to turn on the PJ.  Downside is that both monitors should have the same resolution or else the VC will downgrade your higher resolution display to the lower one.

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #590 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 05:52 AM »
Try mo nalang duplicate display.  This is my setup sa HT room ko.  I can use a small 15" monitor for tweaking so that I do not need to turn on the PJ.  Downside is that both monitors should have the same resolution or else the VC will downgrade your higher resolution display to the lower one.

ganito setup ko mas mababa resolution nun isa so dowgrade talaga pero pag nag play na ako inaalis ko na lang ung monitor para maging 1080p ulet yung PJ.  ;D ;D
USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Wildfire™

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #591 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 08:32 AM »
ang weird nga doc kahit naka duplicate pag pinatay ko ang amp and tv nag automatic na nagiging extended desktop lang ung monitor ko, driver reinstall na kaya?

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #592 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 06:47 PM »
ang weird nga doc kahit naka duplicate pag pinatay ko ang amp and tv nag automatic na nagiging extended desktop lang ung monitor ko, driver reinstall na kaya?

Pwedeng option yan. Try mo updated driver kung meron.

Offline Wildfire™

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #593 on: Aug 16, 2012 at 08:41 PM »
na update ko na doc ganun pa din pero pag laruan ko settings baka mahuli ko din, ngayon ang work around ko lang disable ung hdmi papuntang tv pag di ako manunuod

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 14
« Reply #594 on: Aug 19, 2012 at 12:44 PM »
Trying to use splash player pro trial version using my laptop.  Is there a jukebox for this? Can i use a CDRking remote for this? kaya pala talaga  niyang ipalabas ang DTSHD  ;D

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #595 on: Aug 19, 2012 at 04:04 PM »
Trying to use splash player pro trial version using my laptop.  Is there a jukebox for this? Can i use a CDRking remote for this? kaya pala talaga  niyang ipalabas ang DTSHD  ;D

Splash Player Pro is like any PC media player where you just choose the file you want to play via Windows Explorer.  The best way is to use XBMC or other media center and just use Splash Pro as your external player. 

If you are using just Splash Player, a remote mouse can do.  If you have an Android phone, you can use that by installing a remote mouse and keyboard app such as Gpad to navigate.

Offline Frankthetank

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Collector
  • Just started my HT journey.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 79
« Reply #596 on: Aug 20, 2012 at 09:40 PM »

I've tried using cdrking remote control with splash pro before, some of the buttons does not work.

Offline comet

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #597 on: Aug 21, 2012 at 01:10 AM »
Doc Mel got it! what player do you recommend for navigating blu ray menus? Can I add it as another external player for the XBMC?

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #598 on: Aug 21, 2012 at 05:17 AM »
Doc Mel got it! what player do you recommend for navigating blu ray menus? Can I add it as another external player for the XBMC?

For navigating full BD Menus, I still go for PowerDVD or Arcsoft's Total Media Center.   

Here are the instructions to play BDs/BD ISO in XBMC:

I was able to play BD ISOs in XBMC using PowerDVD10 as my external player. Here are the instructions if anybody is interested:

I try to give you a more detailled description of what you have to do, to play Blu-ray discs and iso-files using PowerDVD:

1. Create a new folder on drive C:, name it 'For_XBMC', DON'T use whitespaces, use underlines instead!
You should now have a folder 'C:\For_XBMC'.

2. Use Notepad or any other text editor to create a batch file, that will be used to play Blu-ray discs using Power DVD. It should only contain this single line:

"C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD10\PowerDVD10.exe" /fullscreen e:

If the drive letter of your Blu-ray disc drive is not 'E:' and/or PowerDVD was installed into another directory, change the line above accordingly. Be sure to enclose the path in double quotes. Save the file into the previously created folder, name it 'PlayBD.bat'.
You should now have a file 'C:\For_XBMC\PlayBD.bat'.

3. Insert a Blue-ray or DVD into your optical drive, wait a few moments, if PowerDVD starts via windows autoplay, quit PowerDVD. Now double click the previously created PlayBD.bat. PowerDVD should start now, playing the BD/DVD. If yes, proceed to the next step, otherwise double check the path and driveletter in 'PlayBD.bat'.

4. Check which drive letter is assigned to Virtual CloneDrive. (You can do this by double clicking an *.iso-file in the Windows-Explorer.)

5. Use Notepad or any other text editor to create another batch file, that will be used to play Blu-ray iso-files using Power DVD. It should contain these three lines:

"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" /d=0 %1
"C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD10\PowerDVD10.exe" /fullscreen f:
"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" /d=0 /u

If the drive letter of Virtual CloneDrive is not 'F:' and/or PowerDVD was installed into another directory, change line 2 accordingly. If VirtualCloneDrive was installed into another directory, change the pathes in lines 1 and 3 accordingly. Be sure to enclose all pathes in double quotes.
Save the file into the previously created folder, name it 'PlayBDiso.bat'.
You should now have two files: 'C:\For_XBMC\PlayBD.bat' and 'C:\For_XBMC\PlayBDiso.bat'.

6. For testing purposes, reopen PlayBDiso.bat and replace the %1 (at the end of the first line) with the path to one of your Blu-ray iso-files, e. g. "C:\Movies\The Lord Of The Ring.iso".
Now the first line of PlayBDiso.bat should look similiar to

"C:\Program Files\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\vcdmount.exe" /d=0 "C:\Movies\The Lord Of The Ring.iso"

Leave lines 2 and 3 unchanged. Save the file into 'C:\For_XBMC\', name it 'Test.bat'. Double click 'Test.bat', the iso-file should now play in PowerDVD. If yes, congratulations, halfway there . If no, double check all pathes and the use of double quotes.

7. Use Notepad or any other text editor to create or modify the 'playercorefactory.xml' in the userdata directory.
IMPORTANT!!! DONT'T modify the 'playercorefactory.xml' in the XBMC program directory (e. g. 'C:\Program Files\XBMC\system\playercorefactory.xml')!!!
You MUST create/modify the 'playercorefactory.xml' in your userdata directory (running Windows 7, this is 'C:\Users\<YOUR_USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\use rdata'), with <YOUR_USERNAME> being your user name
It should contain these lines:

<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="PowerDVD (BD.iso)" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\For_XBMC\PlayBDiso.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
</player>
<player name="PowerDVD (BD)" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\For_XBMC\PlayBD.bat</filename>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Blu-rays -->
<rule name="Blu-Ray" protocols="bd" player="PowerDVD (BD)"/>
<rule filetypes="iso" filename=".*BD.*" player="PowerDVD (BD.iso)"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Save it in the userdata directory (see above), name it 'playercorefactory.xml'.

8. For testing purposes, open 'playercorefactory.xml' with InternetExplorer. It should open in IE with syntax highlighting, without any error messages.

9. Rename your Blu-ray iso-files using the naming scheme <NAME_OF_THE_MOVIE>.BD.iso, e. g. 'The Lord Of The Ring.BD.iso'

10. Run XBMC, Blu-ray disc and iso-files should now automatically be played using PowerDVD. Additionally the 'pay with...' context menu should now contain the menu items 'PowerDVD (BD)' and 'PowerDVD (BD.iso)' which you can use to manually play an optical disc or iso-file using PowerDVD.

I hope this could help someone.

Offline comet

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #599 on: Aug 21, 2012 at 11:05 AM »
thanks doc! will try this later :)