Author Topic: Bose Speakers  (Read 199310 times)

Offline bachwitz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Musica delenit bestiam feram
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35
Re: BOSE owners list your comments
« Reply #330 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 02:11 PM »
In fairness, di ba may Dai-Ichi showroom din sa megamall? The truth is I started my simple audio set up with a Pioneer KP5  car stereo with Daiichi assembled speakers (La pa ko datung eh)  then upgraded to Pioneer speakers then Bose. I keep my Bose for HT (AM7). For audio I started with B&W CDM1, then AE Evo3, then B&W 602S3 and  presently Epos M12.2. Mga 15 years of evolution din.
Ano kaya next? The quest never ends.... Its part of the learning curve. I can share my experiences (good or bad)  but I won't put any body down.

Common, dont take my work out of context.  My point is, Bose dont want their speakers to be auditioned with another brand.

And, you can check my previous post if I had put anybody down.  ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2005 at 02:13 PM by bachwitz »

Offline ganicru

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #331 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 02:16 PM »
Yun nga ang pagkakaiba ng rats sa human, they know how to distinguish good value vs performance, rather going thru brand's. Anyways if your enjoying your BOSE then enjoy listening to it. I have nothing against your BOSE speakers, sayo naman yan eh ikaw ang bumili ng pagkamahal-mahal at pera mo yan at ikaw ang makikinig.

Sana nga lang palawakin pa ng BOSE ang research nila at pataasin ang kalidad ng materials their using sa BOSE speakers. cause they tend to go into another product research without giving another solution sa speakers nila.

Happy BOSE listening nalang sayo PEACE!!!   

Suggest you go direct to Bose website and give customers feedback. I'm sure they will listen to us (customers). If there is a cause for change I'm sure Bose will ackowledge this.
Panasonic PV70
Bose acoustimass 7, vcs10, mdl100x3
Velodyne CHT 8R
Kenwood KRF X9090D
Sony BDP S

Offline ganicru

• Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #332 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 02:18 PM »

Common, dont take my work out of context.  My point is, Bose dont want their speakers to be auditioned with another brand.

And, you can check my previous post if I had put anybody down.  ;)

Sorry Bro, its not for you. :'(
Panasonic PV70
Velodyne CHT 8R
Kenwood KRF X9090D
Sony BDP S

Offline JFBagadiong

• Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #333 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 02:19 PM »
I just said that as an example sir. nowhere in my post says that a CEO is superior to all and sundry. I wonder what gave you that idea  ???  oh well..  

now to your question....I dont give a rats ass even if one has studied audio for 75 years and have contributed to all the recording studios in this planet. If you do not have an open mind in audio then I guess you wont be able to understand why it is very subjective and one's preference will not be the same as the other guy's preference.
audiophile?  everybody can claim that title to his own just by buying a stereo, reading audio threads and magazines and start talking audio jargon that the next person cannot understand so I guess its a worthless title in my opinion....wala namang diploma yan saying that one earned the title eh. I have  never considered myself as an "audiophilie"..while I do know that I love music since I was in 2nd grade so I guess that makes me a music lover.  there are a gazillion and one "audiophiles" strutting their stuff here in PinoyDVD... maybe you could ask them how and where they got their title.

Eh di bumalik lang sayo yung last post mo.

"amen to that bro.  Nobody is saying that Bose is the best speaker sold out there. The thing that I just dont get it why people are judging others and say that they have poor taste in audio just because they bought a bose.  such an immature statement.  The CEO in the company that I work for has a Wave system in his office....I dont think he has poor taste in audio...he has a killer rig at home that consists of Martin Logan, Audio Reasearch and Musical Fidelity.  

yung iba kasi naka pag upgrade lang at natuto ng konti sa kakabasa sa threads at sa pag audition ng iba-ibang speakers ay "audiophile" na agad ang tingin sa sarili."

Ano ba talaga ang description mo sa isang Audiophile?  

Anyways if you judge someone na naging Audiophile siya dahil sa pagbabasa at sa mga threads dito sa Pinoydvd according to you, better think muna before telling that to someone.

If your contented with BOSE then enjoy listening to it, just post whatever you think about BOSE having been an owner of it...

Offline Chito C.

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #334 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 02:25 PM »
I'm a proud owner of dai-ichi floorstanders for my HT. Upgraded from bose am3. Nasaan na am3 ko? nakakabit sa  garahe para may sounds naman pag naglilinis ng kotse.

Offline JFBagadiong

• Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #335 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 02:26 PM »
Suggest you go direct to Bose website and give customers feedback. I'm sure they will listen to us (customers). If there is a cause for change I'm sure Bose will ackowledge this.

You know I already emailed them before pero sabi lang nila they will tell it to their sound engineers, hay sayang lang ang binabayaran research nila.

anyways ano ba ang masasabi mo sa performance ng BOSE speakers mo now?

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #336 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 02:32 PM »
Break!!!!  break!!!!! ..keep it cool people... keep it cool.

peace!!!

I agree break !!! break !!! cool lang, I think this is the busiest thread today pero let's keep cool  ;D

peace din  ;)

Offline Chito C.

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #337 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 02:38 PM »
Just curious lang po. Meron na bang nagkamaling i derekta yung cube speakers sa ampli/receiver? I know that the manual says that you shouldn't do it. Matagal ko nang gustong gawin pero sayang kung masisira. The way i see it its either puputok yung cube speaker o lalalabas yung totoong tunog nung cubes kapag wala yung bass module nya.

Offline ganicru

• Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #338 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 02:39 PM »
You know I already emailed them before pero sabi lang nila they will tell it to their sound engineers, hay sayang lang ang binabayaran research nila.

anyways ano ba ang masasabi mo sa performance ng BOSE speakers mo now?

Very much happy with my Bose performance (HT) as well as the way it looks. Cute eh!
Panasonic PV70
Velodyne CHT 8R
Kenwood KRF X9090D
Sony BDP S

Offline ganicru

• Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #339 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 02:45 PM »
I'm a proud owner of dai-ichi floorstanders for my HT. Upgraded from bose am3. Nasaan na am3 ko? nakakabit sa  garahe para may sounds naman pag naglilinis ng kotse.

AM3? Sir mukhang bitin pang HT yun, Y? nyo binili. Ok yan pang small enclosed room, mood music  application, hindi pang explosion scenes ng HT (gagaralgal yun). Don't blame Bose, wrong choice siguro.
Panasonic PV70
Velodyne CHT 8R
Kenwood KRF X9090D
Sony BDP S

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #340 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 02:48 PM »

Ok pa yan.  There's an anecdote on the net that said, after upgrading so and so speakers and systems in varous parts of his house, the owner relocated his old Bose cubes to the dog house.  According to him, the bose cubes make excellent chew stuff.   ;D  No offence, just relaying what I read about these speakers.  Wala talagang value.

It's one thing to spend 3T or 5T on a set of speakers you know deliver the money's worth.  It's entirely another to price those same speakers at 30T. 
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2005 at 02:56 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline JFBagadiong

• Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #341 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 03:01 PM »
Highly debatable talaga ang BOSE speakers

Anyways I have nothing against sa style nila, kung sa porma malupit ang BOSE pero pag dating sa materials at performance dun sumamblay like the ff:

AM cube: instead of using a 2.5 inch full range paper speakers which is producing only 280hz to 13.3k at +/- 10.5db, they could have used a hi-definition aluminum dome tweeter incorporated as coaxial in a 2.5 inch bass midrange driver para hindi naman ma sacrifice ang small design size ng BOSE, giving them additional hi-cut that could be tunned upto 20k. then the cube buffle assembly could have changed it shape, incorporating a long folded port design, properly tunned and giving bass-mid driver a long voice coil for high excursion giving additional midcut frequency much lower than 280hz and incorporating built-in crossover. The cubes could have a higher load that can "stand alone" capabilities. para naman sa expandability if ever your adding an additonal cubes.    

AM Bass module: instead of using a MDF buffle assembly, they could have used a higher version HDF body. then the bass drivers instead of using 5.5 inch multiple bass driver that is producing only 46hz - 202hz, they could have used a single 8",10" or 12" inch high excursion, polylaminate cones and high butyl rubber surrounds bass driver that can produce at least 150hz 20hz. coz low frequency are non-directional thus deminishing the use of multiple drivers. and instead of using airmass they could have fined tuned a front, side or down firing design.

This are just a few points that BOSE researcher could have think for their CUBE invention.

anyways its just me though...    

Offline Chito C.

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #342 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 03:05 PM »
AM3? Sir mukhang bitin pang HT yun, Y? nyo binili. Ok yan pang small enclosed room, mood music application, hindi pang explosion scenes ng HT (gagaralgal yun). Don't blame Bose, wrong choice siguro.

Yun ang sarap sir, hindi ko binili yun, bigay ng utol ko (used as surrounds for his ht) as i was just starting to save money for ht. Previous speaker setup is am3, wharf wh2 center and surrounds tapos bili ako nang dai-ichi euros 8 pamalit sa am3. bought  a sub 3 weeks ago. I don't blame bose since wala akong ginasta but comparing bose am3 with a 5k plus dai-ichi, hands down dai-ichi ako. Even my wife noticed the big difference in the sound as there were sounds that were not heard using the am3. PEACE!

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #343 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 03:08 PM »
Very much happy with my Bose performance (HT) as well as the way it looks. Cute eh!

That's its main attraction.  Bose made a comprehensive market research to deteremine what the ordinary consumer wants.  Great WAF figured prominently.  And those small cubes found its place in consumer playback history.  It's really not about great sounds, not about freqeuncy response, there's nothing about that in the Bose product specs. They fond out that what matters most to many consumers is their elegant looks and inconspicuous presence that made them a darling to homeowners.  

Offline JFBagadiong

• Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #344 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 03:24 PM »

Well at least your happy with the BOSE design...

I'm also impressed with the style of my former BOSE AM5 III and the sound's its quite good naman. Some speakers I just hate from BOSE are like yung VCS10 at model100, naku never mo bilihin to dahil madidissapoint ka lang, mas okey pa kung yung mga 301 or 201's, kse yung mga BOSE plastic bodied speakers really sound's bad, pati nga professional 402's bibitinin ka pa sa bass at 16khz to 90hz 120watts priced at PHp.31T. mas okey pa yung EONS ng JBL dahil it could go down to 50hz at free air... 

Just an advice though... :) :) :) 

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1002
« Reply #345 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 03:58 PM »
Ano ba talaga ang description mo sa isang Audiophile?  

Anyways if you judge someone na naging Audiophile siya dahil sa pagbabasa at sa mga threads dito sa Pinoydvd according to you, better think muna before telling that to someone.

If your contented with BOSE then enjoy listening to it, just post whatever you think about BOSE having been an owner of it...

Audiophile?  Honestly I dont know because again it is very subjective...you dont earn that title like in school or something so I guess anybody can become an audiophile overnight and preach the word of audio the next day. I really dont care if one considers him/herself as an audiophile. as i've told you earlier...maybe you can try asking the "audiophiles" here in Pdvd who have been strutting their stuff everyday...maybe they can enlighten you with that definition that you seek.

Judge? I have judged no one...it is you who judged people for what they have..branding them as "brand rats" and "have no taste in HT and Audio" just because they have a brand of system that you totally hate due to the fact that at one time in your life you paid premium for that brand but unfortunately it did not meet your expectations...tough luck.

contented? oh yes I am. they fit my requirement at hand which is a compact all in one invisible system for BGM and cocktails. Unfortunately beyond that requirement they do fail in comparison with my other speakers but I guess thats another story altogether.
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2005 at 04:02 PM by synchro_01 »
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline shotgun

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Noob
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #346 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 04:20 PM »
contented? oh yes I am. they fit my requirement at hand which is a compact all in one invisible system for BGM and cocktails. Unfortunately beyond that requirement they do fail in comparison with my other speakers but I guess thats another story altogether.

Contentment. Now that for me is a more important term. Whatever the brand, cost, make, as long as it makes good music/sound relative to the listener, that should be okay.
+63917-8261578

Offline JFBagadiong

• Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #347 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 04:57 PM »
Audiophile?  Honestly I dont know because again it is very subjective...you dont earn that title like in school or something so I guess anybody can become an audiophile overnight and preach the word of audio the next day. I really dont care if one considers him/herself as an audiophile. as i've told you earlier...maybe you can try asking the "audiophiles" here in Pdvd who have been strutting their stuff everyday...maybe they can enlighten you with that definition that you seek.

Judge? I have judged no one...it is you who judged people for what they have..branding them as "brand rats" and "have no taste in HT and Audio" just because they have a brand of system that you totally hate due to the fact that at one time in your life you paid premium for that brand but unfortunately it did not meet your expectations...tough luck.

Now who's imature? Well! well! well! another BOSE lover who again having "sour grapes" huwag ka mag alala natural lang yan iho!!! hehehehe!!!  :D :D :D

Offline hattori_hanzo

• DVD Guru
  • LOUD and CLEAR! Mabuhay ang mga PCCian na bagets!
  • Liked:
« Reply #348 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 05:05 PM »
Contentment. Now that for me is a more important term. Whatever the brand, cost, make, as long as it makes good music/sound relative to the listener, that should be okay.

TUMPAK KA DYAN!!!

synchro_01, kung may BOSE speakers ka, then tell something about it, nililihis mo yung topic eh!
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Pipho (pinoy photography) member

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #349 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 05:37 PM »
 ::) my dad bought 101's for a bargain (P500) sounds ok for a small room, background music but that's it, definitely not for critical listening. midrange is not that clear, shrill highs and bass is definitely lacking, adding a sub helps though.
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2005 at 05:47 PM by john5479 »

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #351 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 06:42 PM »
Bose-bashing is fairly common in many AV forums in the net.

There's really nothing ethical about pricing, every brand is free to price itself targeting various markets.  It just doesn't seem right for a speaker system with a frequency response of from 46Hz to 13khz with a -10db swing,  to be priced 3-5 times higher than a speaker system with a frequency response of a 30hz to 18khz + or - 3db that sounds so much better. The word "overprice" really takes on a more laughable meaning.  Ofcourse,  it's your money. And whether or not you like the sound, that's personal.  Buy I see nothing wrong in putting your foot down in the name of decency.  When you see so many people get suckered by a brand's marketing hype, knowing they are only getting proven mediocrity for the price that would have given them so much more elsewhere,  it can become a crusade of sorts, especially in AV forums like this, to educate as many people as possible about what products give the best value and what products to avoid.   Just my 2 cents.
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2005 at 06:44 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline JFBagadiong

• Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #352 on: Dec 02, 2005 at 10:05 PM »
Well in defense of BOSE, check out these speakers from BOSE Japan.

BOSE Japan has indeed some exclusive speaker technology.

And if by chance, next time, if ever I would buy BOSE speakers, I’ll make sure it’s a Japanese version. Like these model’s below.

Plus some technical specifications were given below, I’m just wondering why BOSE Japan didn’t market this internationally? Anyways here it is…

BOSE AM55

BOSE TOWERS
(55WER/55WER-S)×4
Impedance: 8 Ohms
Power: 60W rms(IEC268-5)
Size: 85(W)×1206(H)×100(D)mm
Wt.: 5.6kg

BOSE CENTER
(33WER/33WER-S)×1
Frequency: 75Hz∼20kHz
Impedance: 6 Ohms
Ratings: 30W rms (IEC268-5)
Size: 85(W)×405(H)×100(D)mm
Wt.: 2.6kg

BOSE Powered Subwoofer x 1
Size: 370(W)×401(H)×399(D)mm
Wt: 27kg
Ratings: 240W(4Ω 35Hz LPF150z)
Frequency: 50Hz∼150Hz 24dB/oct
Power AC: AC100V 50/60Hz

BOSE AM33

BOSE L/C/R – SR/SL
(33WER/33WER-S)×5
Frequency: 75Hz∼20kHz
Ratings: 30W rms (IEC268-5)
Size: 85(W)×405(H)×100(D)mm
Wt.: 2.6kg

BOSE Powered Subwoofer x 1
Size: 370(W)×401(H)×399(D)mm
Wt: 27kg
Ratings: 240W(4Ω 35Hz LPF150z)
Frequency: 50Hz∼150Hz 24dB/oct
Power AC: AC100V 50/60Hz

Plus check out this BOSE speaker’s it really has some technical package into it, magkano kaya to sa Japan?

BOSE 464

Frequency: 38Hz∼35kHz
Ratings: 100W rms (IEC268-5)
Size: 310(W)×606(H)×310(D)mm
Wt.: 20kg

BOSE PAWS

BOSE AWS-18 Passive Subwoofer
25-140Hz (-3dB)
8 Ohms
450W rms (1W, 1M)
119dB (1m, 25-140Hz)
762(W)×1000(H)×597(D)mm
75.0kg

These are some speakers that BOSE International should take consideration. Mukhang okey naman pero again wag lang overpriced… 

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #353 on: Dec 03, 2005 at 12:08 AM »

Offline YrNeH

• DVD Addict
  • Shalom! maging payapa...
  • Liked:
« Reply #354 on: Dec 03, 2005 at 06:38 AM »
i bought a bose accoustimas15 AM-15 about 2yrs ago (floorstock sale) and just used it for a day.  all i can say is i still love my existing system which is far far better sounding.  i wasn't  really happy with the sound of the AM15 so packed it, listed it on ebay and ended up with a AU$350 profit --not  bad eh.

Offline JFBagadiong

• Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #355 on: Dec 03, 2005 at 01:39 PM »
BOSE HT Set / AM-55 – 320,000 YEN that’s Php. 144,000.00
BOSE HT Set / AM-33 – 224,000 YEN that’s Php. 108,000.00
BOSE WB / 464 – 188,000 YEN that’s Php. 84,600.00
BOSE Passive subwoofer / PAWS18 – 900,000 YEN that’s Php. 405,000.00
BOSE Active subwoofer / SW4 – 99,500 YEN that’s Php. 44,775.00

Oh-oh still over priced para sa matitinong BOSE speakers, may bumili kayang hapon nito????

Offline hattori_hanzo

• DVD Guru
  • LOUD and CLEAR! Mabuhay ang mga PCCian na bagets!
  • Liked:
« Reply #356 on: Dec 03, 2005 at 10:10 PM »
BOSE HT Set / AM-55 – 320,000 YEN that’s Php. 144,000.00
BOSE HT Set / AM-33 – 224,000 YEN that’s Php. 108,000.00
BOSE WB / 464 – 188,000 YEN that’s Php. 84,600.00
BOSE Passive subwoofer / PAWS18 – 900,000 YEN that’s Php. 405,000.00
BOSE Active subwoofer / SW4 – 99,500 YEN that’s Php. 44,775.00

Oh-oh still over priced para sa matitinong BOSE speakers, may bumili kayang hapon nito????

Ngek!!! :o :o :o another set of overpriced BOSE, I rather buy a new car than that... okey lang kung below Php.80,000.00/set, but those price figures really its just unbelievable... :-\ :-\ :-\   
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Pipho (pinoy photography) member

Offline JFBagadiong

• Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #357 on: Dec 04, 2005 at 03:20 AM »

Sir synchro_01

1st, the term “Brand Rat” is a terminology commonly used for persons who prefers to consider a popular brand when buying a product over or regardless of its make and made or specification, its not an insult to society but a word commonly used by sociologist.

2nd using the word “Audiophile” but not knowing the meaning of it, sure enough that you do not know what your talking about, coz when you use a certain portrayal of a person, that means you know what your describing him/her, but in the sense that, when an entity uses a word such as what I’ve mentioned, but cannot justify or identify the word as it is, it is a clear display of the meaning “incompetence”.

3rd having a good taste on music defines as being knowledgeable enough know the basic audible hearing of a human being 20hz – 20khz, does BOSE even closely possess this specification? Nada! So how do you define having a good taste in HT or music? Hearing only 13.3 khz to 280 hz then “blank” from 202hz to 46hz, does this mean you have good taste? Baka bingi ka? Oh well… 

4th  stating an entity to represent ones excitement or exhilaration, such as the person you describe “CEO” states that you venerate over the person you represent due to the fact that he possess a great belongings over another ones holding’s (eg. such as his Audio equipment’s you’ve just mentioned in your post over yours). Therefore, over a normal person, you are giving the impression as him being superior to you and that’s the fact.

So Mr. synchro_01 I don’t know kung bata ka pa or what? Maybe you just have less experience or understanding on Audio/Video/HT or society, don’t worry okey lang yan…

Pakinggan mo na lang yan BOSE mo enjoy…

Offline pixar

• Collector
  • Liked:
BOSE 2.2 -- suggestion
« Reply #358 on: Dec 04, 2005 at 10:19 AM »
Hi,

Seeking technical assistance, I am not a real audiphile although I understand putting stereo stuff together. I have had these hooked up to a Marantz PM-45 and noticed that the sound would disappear from one speaker (a specific one) and once in a while you hear static, the volume is too low.

I thought it was the amp but turns out it is not cause I hooked it up to a NAD 705 and it still seemed to happen. I am trying to eliminate the sources of the problem and now I think its the speaker itself.

My question:

1) Where can I have these Bose speakers checked?
2) What are other things I should look at?

I use an IPOD connected with stereo-RCA out, could it be the cable? Is it possible its the way the songs are ripped to the IPOD?

Thank you in advance, its such a waste cause I have had these since 88 and personally I think the sound quality is really nice and I do not want to bu new speakers since these hang perfectly from the ceiling in my living room.

They look like this:
http://cgi.befr.ebay.be/Bose-2-2-luidsprekers-DEMO_W0QQitemZ5831661455QQcategoryZ3276QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks and I appreciate the help!

Offline JFBagadiong

• Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
Re: BOSE 2.2 -- suggestion
« Reply #359 on: Dec 04, 2005 at 06:12 PM »
Check out you IPOD RCA cables, is it compatible with your IPOD to other Audio devices? RCA cables sometimes cause static if it is not properly insulated or already wornout and sometimes it has a difference in the polarity. specially the european version, because mostly they use the ring sleeves as the positive and the tip as negative (eg. QSC MX700 pro-amp euro version, the XLR output to QTR input of the amp).

I cant see any posibilties that your speakers causes this problem.