Author Topic: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer  (Read 406740 times)

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
Re: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer
« Reply #510 on: Nov 28, 2009 at 01:47 PM »
I have the band of brothers, I'm not sure if it's the HDDVD encodes(I didn't check, used to play them on my Acer, and I played them on my HDPro,wherein they played, fine). I am presently at work,and I will just update the thread once I get home and test them.

BTW...how will I know if they're sourced from HDDVD?...just the label?

Thanks will update you.

BTW......I'm still partial to the HTPC, it's just fun having these gadgets. ;) ;D ;D ;D
thanks bro!   if you havent edited the titles yet it should indicate it there (if you downloaded them personally).  if not then while using kmplayer (i believe other media players have this option too), try to right click on the screen and choose the option media info.  that should pull up everything including the actual resolution, bitrates and audio type etc. .  :D :D

ill check my copy later and compare it with what you have.  btw band of brothers did not come out in bluray (IIRC), until early this year.  so if you had it early 2009 chances are it is still an hddvd encode .. thanks again  :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #511 on: Nov 28, 2009 at 08:47 PM »
Hi Ninjababez....My Band Of Brothers is only the 720p HDDVD MKV files.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #512 on: Nov 28, 2009 at 10:30 PM »
Versions of BOB 1080p taken from BD are the 70GB Wiki and the 60GB Form releases.  Both are much better than the old 50GB version in terms of clarity and efficiency of encoding, not to mention having built-in English subs just like the 720p release by Esir.

Offline piggyback

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #513 on: Nov 28, 2009 at 11:04 PM »
Is is safe to leave the xtreamer at NAS mode 24hrs? and what is the recommended fan speed during NAS mode?

thanks!

Offline Bitstream

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #514 on: Nov 29, 2009 at 08:04 AM »
Hi Eric, I emailed a pic of the Digibox and its remote. There's no real discernible brand and model on the unit itself except fora label underneath that says it's made by Intergo. The remote appears generic too, and except for the actual buttons, it's exactly the same as the remote provided with the Eye TV Hybrid TV tuner for the mac. Hope this helps.  :)

Btw, I'm having trouble accessing the files on both the internal and external drives connected to the Xtreamer over the network on my mac.

Myxtreamer appears as a share, clicking on it opens up a window with 2 folders: sda2, sdb2. If I click on either, nothing appears and the "wait, currently accessing" symbol just keeps on flashing. Any settings I should check, change? Thanks!   

Thanks for the photos and info on the Digibox.  I have forwarded it to Mvix.

On the issue of hard drive access over the network.....  is your Xtreamer connected to your router via wi-fi?  If the signal strength is too low, it could cause what you're experiencing.  Try moving the Xtreamer closer to your router (or experiment with hard-wiring it).

Don't leave the USB slave cable attached when you're also on Ethernet (whether wired or wireless).

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Remote Control
« Reply #515 on: Nov 29, 2009 at 08:12 AM »
regarding remote control frequencies, same with my Velodyne CHT-10R. any way to adjust?

Have you tried posting on the Xtreamer Official Forum?  There might be others who have the same issue.

I will include this in an inquiry to Mvix; let's wait and see what they say.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Xtreamer 24/7
« Reply #516 on: Nov 29, 2009 at 08:17 AM »
Is is safe to leave the xtreamer at NAS mode 24hrs? and what is the recommended fan speed during NAS mode?

thanks!

Yes, you can leave it on 24/7 in NAS mode.  If the room temp is comfortable for people, it's generally ok for consumer electronics as well.  Make sure your equipment is not exposed to direct sunlight.

You can leave the fan on low or medium speed.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Xtreamer 24/7
« Reply #517 on: Nov 29, 2009 at 08:30 AM »
Yes, you can leave it on 24/7 in NAS mode.  If the room temp is comfortable for people, it's generally ok for consumer electronics as well.  Make sure your equipment is not exposed to direct sunlight.

You can leave the fan on low or medium speed.

hi bro, nice meeting you yesterday.  :)
btw can i upload and download torrents thru this unit?
ninjababez online ..

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Torrent client on Xtreamer
« Reply #518 on: Nov 29, 2009 at 09:29 AM »
Same here, bro.

At this time, the Xtreamer boss doesn't seem to want to enable a torrent client on the device. Tests have shown that torrent operations take up too much CPU cycles, thus slowing down other functions (drive sharing, Universal Plug and Play, remote access, etc.)  This performance hit is true not only for the Xtreamer, but for other Realtek-based devices as well.

If you still want a torrent client anyway, some Xtreamer community members have developed a mod for it.  Check out http://forum.xtreamer.net/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5268

Offline piggyback

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #519 on: Nov 29, 2009 at 09:32 AM »
using transmission right now for xtreamer.. but the speeds are really really slow

can someone tell me how to access the nzbgetweb?

thanks much :)

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: Torrent client on Xtreamer
« Reply #520 on: Nov 29, 2009 at 09:49 AM »
Same here, bro.

At this time, the Xtreamer boss doesn't seem to want to enable a torrent client on the device. Tests have shown that torrent operations take up too much CPU cycles, thus slowing down other functions (drive sharing, Universal Plug and Play, remote access, etc.)  This performance hit is true not only for the Xtreamer, but for other Realtek-based devices as well.

If you still want a torrent client anyway, some Xtreamer community members have developed a mod for it.  Check out http://forum.xtreamer.net/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=5268

first glance at the product, i was quite impress . i think its the hardwares limitation though (torrent capability), ill try to read it off (the link) and weigh my options  :) 
this is the only downside that i see, which is OK, since most NMT cant do it (yung iba, mahal pa).
thanks for answering my inquiry. 
ninjababez online ..

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
NZBGet - Usenet downloader client
« Reply #521 on: Nov 29, 2009 at 10:27 AM »
using transmission right now for xtreamer.. but the speeds are really really slow

can someone tell me how to access the nzbgetweb?

thanks much :)

Check out the thread on Installing NZBGet at
http://forum.xtreamer.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4061&hilit=nzbget

Offline tetablanco

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
Re: NZBGet - Usenet downloader client
« Reply #522 on: Nov 30, 2009 at 11:21 AM »
Check out the thread on Installing NZBGet at
http://forum.xtreamer.net/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=4061&hilit=nzbget

Hi Eric,

Just two things:

(a)  What is NZBGet and what's it for?

(b)  After the unit played 720p video streaming via WiFi without a hitch for about 6 hours yesterday, the video slowed to a CRAWL.  This morning, I noticed the same problem after about an hour of use.  While turning the unit off and pulling out the adapter plug for few seconds yesterday seemed to solve the problem, this workaround didn't work today.  What gives?

Thanks,

Teta
(Still one very satisfied user of Xtreamer)
 ;D

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #523 on: Nov 30, 2009 at 03:23 PM »
Hi Eric,

Just two things:

(a)  What is NZBGet and what's it for?

(b)  After the unit played 720p video streaming via WiFi without a hitch for about 6 hours yesterday, the video slowed to a CRAWL.  This morning, I noticed the same problem after about an hour of use.  While turning the unit off and pulling out the adapter plug for few seconds yesterday seemed to solve the problem, this workaround didn't work today.  What gives?

Thanks,

Teta
(Still one very satisfied user of Xtreamer)
 ;D

Hi Teta,

1.  NZBGet is a software client for downloading files from Usenet newsgroups (the newsgroups have evolved into a filesharing system).  This is an alternative to the torrent system; it's way, way faster than torrent filesharing.

2.  I haven't encountered this problem before.  Can you try rebooting your PC and your router?
a)  Are your connecting through Wireless-N?
b)  Is anybody watching streaming video or uploading/downloading files at the same time?
c)  has the Xtreamer firmware been updated to Ver 2.0.2?

If anybody has suggestions, please contri a post!

Teta, you might also try posting on forum.xtreamer.net 

Offline tetablanco

• Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #524 on: Nov 30, 2009 at 04:30 PM »
Hi Eric,
1.  NZBGet is a software client for downloading files from Usenet newsgroups (the newsgroups have evolved into a filesharing system).  This is an alternative to the torrent system; it's way, way faster than torrent filesharing.
Thanks for the info but, since I use my Xtreamer exclusively for video streaming (and use my desktop for file-sharing), I won't be using NZBGet just yet. 

2.  I haven't encountered this problem before.  Can you try rebooting your PC and your router?
I don't think it has anything to do with my desktop or router since the Xtreamer is fine after I pull the adapter plug.   

a)  Are your connecting through Wireless-N?
Yes, I use WiFi-N and connect using an Airport Extreme N router.

b)  Is anybody watching streaming video or uploading/downloading files at the same time?
Nope.  I used it this morning before everybody else woke up. 

c)  has the Xtreamer firmware been updated to Ver 2.0.2?
Yes.

I think it has something to do with overheating of the WiFi chip or CPU itself.  The crawl is similar to the slowing down of the Pentium 4 CPU in high temperatures.  (I set my Fan to High already.)  One more thing, I also noticed that it has some problems running avi files since my Xtreamer would just freeze and I would have to pull the plug again.  In some instances, the Xtreamer would go back to the main screen - but would apparently lose its connection to the network (with the warning "Could Not Get IP address") since the IP address would no longer be indicated on the screen.  Reconnecting via the Settings Menu would not be possible and this would require another adapter plug pull out.

Thanks,

Teta 

Offline tetablanco

• Collector
  • Hi!
  • Liked:
« Reply #525 on: Nov 30, 2009 at 06:13 PM »
Hi Eric,

Sent you PM.

Teta

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #526 on: Nov 30, 2009 at 07:59 PM »
Thanks for the photos and info on the Digibox.  I have forwarded it to Mvix.

On the issue of hard drive access over the network.....  is your Xtreamer connected to your router via wi-fi?  If the signal strength is too low, it could cause what you're experiencing.  Try moving the Xtreamer closer to your router (or experiment with hard-wiring it).

Don't leave the USB slave cable attached when you're also on Ethernet (whether wired or wireless).

Hi Bitstream, my xtreamer is connected to my wifi-G router via cable. I've tried to access it from my MacBook Pro via wired and via wifi, both with no success.

My WD TV Live is connected the same way and I have no problems accessing their files from my MacBook Pro. Strangely enough, I use the xtreamer wifi dongle on the HD Pro, and have no problems with access either.

Re the Digibox, what I've been able to observe is that the xtreamer remote accesses the SkyCable menu guide and it also seems to be able to change cable channels.

The SkyCable remote affects the xtreamer as follows:
- Info button switches the xtreamer on and off
- Exit button opens up the volume slider and raises the volume by 1
- Vol+/Right arrow button mutes the xtreamer
- Fav button brings up the Media Library screen (USB, HDD, NET, etc)
- Vol+/yellow button goes back to the main menu
- P-/green button brings up the Media Library screen (USB, HDD, NET, etc)
I don't know if specific button combinations will do something else (hopefully nothing that changes settings or affects files) or if other (single) button presses will have any other effect depending on where one is on the xtreamer.

« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2009 at 08:24 PM by gaol »

Offline O.D. Yeo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #527 on: Nov 30, 2009 at 10:38 PM »
@ Eric,
I'm a very happy Xtreamer.
My X is hooked up to my denon avr by hdmi cable. Do I still need to hook up by optical cable to get full 5.1? Will I be even happier if I do?

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #528 on: Dec 01, 2009 at 06:50 AM »
@ Eric,
I'm a very happy Xtreamer.
My X is hooked up to my denon avr by hdmi cable. Do I still need to hook up by optical cable to get full 5.1? Will I be even happier if I do?

Hi, glad to know things are working great for you

HDMI cable already carries the 5.1 audio data; there's no need to employ an optical cable.

Enjoy!

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #529 on: Dec 01, 2009 at 07:04 AM »
Hi Bitstream, my xtreamer is connected to my wifi-G router via cable. I've tried to access it from my MacBook Pro via wired and via wifi, both with no success.

My WD TV Live is connected the same way and I have no problems accessing their files from my MacBook Pro. Strangely enough, I use the xtreamer wifi dongle on the HD Pro, and have no problems with access either.

Re the Digibox, what I've been able to observe is that the xtreamer remote accesses the SkyCable menu guide and it also seems to be able to change cable channels.

The SkyCable remote affects the xtreamer as follows:
- Info button switches the xtreamer on and off
- Exit button opens up the volume slider and raises the volume by 1
- Vol+/Right arrow button mutes the xtreamer
- Fav button brings up the Media Library screen (USB, HDD, NET, etc)
- Vol+/yellow button goes back to the main menu
- P-/green button brings up the Media Library screen (USB, HDD, NET, etc)
I don't know if specific button combinations will do something else (hopefully nothing that changes settings or affects files) or if other (single) button presses will have any other effect depending on where one is on the xtreamer.

Hello!  I'll check out your Xtreamer for you; please send it to
the Greenhills office.  I need a day or two with it at most.  There's
no need to send the USB Wireless-N Antenna.

I have a Mac and can try duplicating your setup, except that
I use a Belkin N+ Wireless router at home and a Linksys WRT-160N
at work.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #530 on: Dec 01, 2009 at 07:11 AM »

at work.
wow bro eric, ive been monitoring this thread for a while and it seems you have 24 hour tech support  :D
kudos to you  :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline O.D. Yeo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #531 on: Dec 01, 2009 at 08:43 AM »
Hi, glad to know things are working great for you

HDMI cable already carries the 5.1 audio data; there's no need to employ an optical cable.

Enjoy!

Thanks, Eric. I asked because my avr indicates that input received is 2.0

Offline ghelobytes

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #532 on: Dec 01, 2009 at 02:15 PM »
@BitStream

Wala po bang Xtream player + Xtream etrayz package po kayo na offer?

Offline gaol

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #533 on: Dec 01, 2009 at 02:36 PM »

at work.

Hi eric, do you think it's a hardware problem? I'm thinking it's more of some network setting that I missed on the mac. The xtreamer and its files are visible and accessible on my WD TV Live and HD Pro, and vice versa.

Thanks again!  :)

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #534 on: Dec 01, 2009 at 11:07 PM »
@BitStream

Wala po bang Xtream player + Xtream etrayz package po kayo na offer?

Under Alpha-test pa yung eTRAYz.  After that, Beta-test.  So if you want an Xtreamer, buy it now so you get to enjoy it immediately.

Only way to get eTRAYz at this time is to join the Group Buy.  The price is already very low, considering the internet price of eTRAYz is EUR 99 (PESOS 7,000), excluding shipping, taxes, doc stamps, bank charges, courier processing charges, etc. 

If you attempt to order from the Xtreamer website, it will cost you approx. P10,500 by the time it reaches you.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #535 on: Dec 01, 2009 at 11:11 PM »
Thanks, Eric. I asked because my avr indicates that input received is 2.0

Go to the A/V menu on your Xtreamer and change the Audio output to 5.1. 

If the settings were incorrect, the Xtreamer may have been downmixing your audio to 2-ch stereo.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #536 on: Dec 01, 2009 at 11:43 PM »
Hi eric, do you think it's a hardware problem? I'm thinking it's more of some network setting that I missed on the mac. The xtreamer and its files are visible and accessible on my WD TV Live and HD Pro, and vice versa.

Thanks again!  :)

If the Xtreamer and its files are visible and accessible from the other media players, then you do not have a hardware problem.

1.  What FW version are you running on the Xtreamer?
2.  What version of Mac OS X are you running?
3.  Make sure the USB Slave Cable is not attached when accessing the Xtreamer over the LAN

The Xtreamer Official Forum at forum.xtreamer.net has a Mac section. You might try checking it out for suggestions. Here is the link:  http://forum.xtreamer.net/viewforum.php?f=72

Offline gaol

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #537 on: Dec 02, 2009 at 06:41 AM »
If the Xtreamer and its files are visible and accessible from the other media players, then you do not have a hardware problem.

1.  What FW version are you running on the Xtreamer?
2.  What version of Mac OS X are you running?
3.  Make sure the USB Slave Cable is not attached when accessing the Xtreamer over the LAN

The Xtreamer Official Forum at forum.xtreamer.net has a Mac section. You might try checking it out for suggestions. Here is the link:  http://forum.xtreamer.net/viewforum.php?f=72

1.  What FW version are you running on the Xtreamer? the latest?, 2.02
2.  What version of Mac OS X are you running? OS 10.6.2, Snow Leopard
3.  Make sure the USB Slave Cable is not attached when accessing the Xtreamer over the LAN no USB cable, except for those connected to external drives

Thanks for the link. Did a quick browse, it seems I have to install something on the xtreamer? Will also ask around in philmug...  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2009 at 06:57 AM by gaol »

Offline Compaq

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #538 on: Dec 03, 2009 at 07:47 AM »
Hi Eric,

Query on Slideshow - Background Music...

Before upgrading to FW 2.02, I had no problem with this feature. But with 2.02, it seems it stopped "working".

- checked my settings if Slideshow - Background Music is set to Playlist.. it is.
- checked my Playlist folder, they're ok. Had them played to be sure.
- but during slideshow, there's no background music.

To put a background music, what I do now is to play an MP3, then run the slideshow...  ;D

Is this a documented "issue" or am just missing some setting/s here?

Thanks and Cheers!!!
Compaq

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
New Xtreamer Promo Package in the Marketplace
« Reply #539 on: Dec 03, 2009 at 11:11 AM »
Check out a new promo package in the Marketplace.