Author Topic: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer  (Read 407589 times)

Offline Bitstream

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer
« Reply #480 on: Nov 25, 2009 at 03:23 PM »
sir eric, from 1.0.3, you can jump to 2.0.2 FW immediately right?

Yes, you can jump to 2.0.2

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #481 on: Nov 25, 2009 at 09:26 PM »
Anybody tried their Wifi Antennae?

Mine is working, however, instead of being upright, the antennae is downward?  :P :'(

Is this just an anomaly?....or thise who have the wifi have the same as mine?  ??? :P

Can this be adjusted manually?  ???

Help, and thanks to those who will respond.  :-[

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:

The wireless security and encryption settings that you select
for your network play a significant role in the streaming per-
formance of your devices on your network. Xtreamer and HDX
are included.

The following are often recommended for their relatively
lower system overhead:

WPA2 - Personal
     Encryption - AES

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #483 on: Nov 25, 2009 at 09:58 PM »
Anybody tried their Wifi Antennae?

Mine is working, however, instead of being upright, the antennae is downward?  :P :'(

Is this just an anomaly?....or thise who have the wifi have the same as mine?  ??? :P

Can this be adjusted manually?  ???

Help, and thanks to those who will respond.  :-[

Alfie, the antenna can swivel. Look at it carefully.

Offline iPhat

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #484 on: Nov 25, 2009 at 10:08 PM »
May na update na ba regarding torrent client in xtreamer?

up ko lang po... salamat
"keep your friends close but your enemies closer"

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #485 on: Nov 25, 2009 at 10:28 PM »

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #486 on: Nov 26, 2009 at 07:39 AM »
Alfie, the antenna can swivel. Look at it carefully.

He-He...OO' nga uni-directional pala, natakot kasi ako at fragile ang itsura.

Thank You Bitstream and Gaol for your tips.

BTW....I'm very happy, kasi ang antennae...pwede din sa HDPro ko, ang galing nag-self install siya at tutoong ang bilis.

Thank You again Bitstream.

Offline aiksgt

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #487 on: Nov 26, 2009 at 02:40 PM »
can you access imeem using this player?

Offline SpdrMky77

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #488 on: Nov 26, 2009 at 07:15 PM »
Just got my Xtreamer today! Yipee!
I have a small problem though. The stand does not lock into place on the side. So it is like its just balancing on the stand. Is this how it is suppose to be? I see there is a small lip that fits in a hole in the groove on the side but it does not seem to reach it. How am I suppose to attach the stand then? I tried to see if I could slide it does not go down deep enough. Help!

Also just noticed that I did not get a user manual just a quick user guide.
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2009 at 07:24 PM by SpdrMky77 »

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #489 on: Nov 26, 2009 at 08:14 PM »
Just give it a few more pressure and push, and you'll feel it lock in place.

Offline stat

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #490 on: Nov 26, 2009 at 09:13 PM »
I have a small problem though. The stand does not lock into place on the side. So it is like its just balancing on the stand. Is this how it is suppose to be? I see there is a small lip that fits in a hole in the groove on the side but it does not seem to reach it. How am I suppose to attach the stand then? I tried to see if I could slide it does not go down deep enough. Help!

no manual included yata talaga. just a quick user guide.

Bitstream, what's the use of night mode in the av options?

Offline DYC

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #491 on: Nov 26, 2009 at 09:42 PM »
I think you can download the users manual on the website of Xtreamer.

Offline rspeed

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #492 on: Nov 26, 2009 at 10:17 PM »
i tried playing movies that i backup in iso format and crop sya hindi full screen pag nag play. ganun ba talaga pag iso format or may seetings lang? thanks

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #493 on: Nov 26, 2009 at 10:59 PM »

You can download the User Guide from www.xtreamer.net
Try and read it on your monitor...help save trees!

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #494 on: Nov 26, 2009 at 11:03 PM »
no manual included yata talaga. just a quick user guide.

Bitstream, what's the use of night mode in the av options?

Night Mode reduces the volume to what they call a "comfortable" level.
Might be easier to just press "Volume -"!

Offline SpdrMky77

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #495 on: Nov 27, 2009 at 12:31 AM »
Just give it a few more pressure and push, and you'll feel it lock in place.

Yup, that worked. Thanks! Although, the unit was quite warm when I tried it again, so the heat may have helped loosen things.

Offline SpdrMky77

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #496 on: Nov 27, 2009 at 12:43 AM »
Sir, Bitstream!

How come the Wireless-n dongle and my external drives works only on one USB port? Is there a difference between the two ports? Both only work in the USB port on the left. If I put any of them on the right USB port, it is not identified. When I connected my USB flash drive to the right port it lights up like it is being read, but the USB option on the media library does not come on. I have tried also my external HDD in a HDD dock  and the same thing happens. When I connect it to the left port, it is perfectly identified and I can play my movies, but when I put it in the right port, it is not even detected as connected. Again the same thing happens for the Wireless-N dongle. In fact, when I was setting up the wireless connection, I had the dongle on the right USB port and was having a hell of a time trying to get it to see my network. I removed it and moved it to the left USB port and it worked like a charm. In the Xtreamer online manual it says that both USB ports are Host ports, so what is the problem?

And one more thing, its really not a problem but an annoyance. I have a Skycable Digibox and the Xtreamer is right on top of it. It seems that they both use the same fequency so both the Xtreamer and the Digibox respond when I press anything on the remote. Is there a way to fix this? I do not know if anyone has this issue too. I'm just afraid that it will mess up the settings of the other box while I am navigating one box.

I hope you can clarify both issues I am having. Thanks!
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2009 at 12:55 AM by SpdrMky77 »

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #497 on: Nov 27, 2009 at 06:44 AM »
Sir, Bitstream!

How come the Wireless-n dongle and my external drives works only on one USB port? Is there a difference between the two ports? Both only work in the USB port on the left. If I put any of them on the right USB port, it is not identified. When I connected my USB flash drive to the right port it lights up like it is being read, but the USB option on the media library does not come on. I have tried also my external HDD in a HDD dock  and the same thing happens. When I connect it to the left port, it is perfectly identified and I can play my movies, but when I put it in the right port, it is not even detected as connected. Again the same thing happens for the Wireless-N dongle. In fact, when I was setting up the wireless connection, I had the dongle on the right USB port and was having a hell of a time trying to get it to see my network. I removed it and moved it to the left USB port and it worked like a charm. In the Xtreamer online manual it says that both USB ports are Host ports, so what is the problem?

And one more thing, its really not a problem but an annoyance. I have a Skycable Digibox and the Xtreamer is right on top of it. It seems that they both use the same fequency so both the Xtreamer and the Digibox respond when I press anything on the remote. Is there a way to fix this? I do not know if anyone has this issue too. I'm just afraid that it will mess up the settings of the other box while I am navigating one box.

Offhand, I think the USB port of your unit is busted. Both ports on my xtreamer work.

Re SkyCable Digibox and its remote, I notice that too.
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2009 at 06:44 AM by gaol »

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #498 on: Nov 27, 2009 at 07:29 AM »
Agree with Gaol, usb ports do get busted,

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #499 on: Nov 27, 2009 at 08:01 AM »
Sir, Bitstream!

Good morning!  Indeed, it looks like you have a problem with a USB port.  You might try re-flashing your firmware update (give it a shot and see if it clears up the problem).  If not, please bring the Xtreamer to the Araneta office, where it will be replaced.  Please look for Mathy. 

On the Skycable Digibox - this is the first time I've read about this issue. I will ask the manufacturer if they are able to supply alternate IR codes.  For now, you might consider turning off either the Xtreamer or the Digibox when the other is in use.

Can you provide me with more info on the Digibox? 

Make/Brand:
  Model No.:

Please email photos of your Digibox and its remote control to me at [email protected]
The more info we give Mvix, the sooner we can get an answer.

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #500 on: Nov 27, 2009 at 10:13 AM »

On the Skycable Digibox - this is the first time I've read about this issue. I will ask the manufacturer if they are able to supply alternate IR codes.  For now, you might consider turning off either the Xtreamer or the Digibox when the other is in use.

Make/Brand:
  Model No.:

Please email photos of your Digibox and its remote control to me at [email protected]

Hi Eric, I emailed a pic of the Digibox and its remote. There's no real discernible brand and model on the unit itself except fora label underneath that says it's made by Intergo. The remote appears generic too, and except for the actual buttons, it's exactly the same as the remote provided with the Eye TV Hybrid TV tuner for the mac. Hope this helps.  :)

Btw, I'm having trouble accessing the files on both the internal and external drives connected to the Xtreamer over the network on my mac.

Myxtreamer appears as a share, clicking on it opens up a window with 2 folders: sda2, sdb2. If I click on either, nothing appears and the "wait, currently accessing" symbol just keeps on flashing. Any settings I should check, change? Thanks!   

Offline SpdrMky77

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #501 on: Nov 27, 2009 at 05:07 PM »
Good morning!  Indeed, it looks like you have a problem with a USB port.  You might try re-flashing your firmware update (give it a shot and see if it clears up the problem).  If not, please bring the Xtreamer to the Araneta office, where it will be replaced.  Please look for Mathy.  

On the Skycable Digibox - this is the first time I've read about this issue. I will ask the manufacturer if they are able to supply alternate IR codes.  For now, you might consider turning off either the Xtreamer or the Digibox when the other is in use.

Make/Brand:
  Model No.:

Hi! I have flashed the firmware to 2.0.2 several times, I even re-downloaded the firmware just in case it was a bad copy, as you recommended but there has been no change. I guess it is a busted USB port. Is there any chance I can get it replaced this weekend? I'm hoping somewhere near Ortigas or Greenhills area.

Sir gaol, thanks for sending the Skycable Digibox pics to Sir Bitstream.  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2009 at 05:10 PM by SpdrMky77 »

Offline jepoi

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #502 on: Nov 27, 2009 at 05:15 PM »
quick question regarding wifi...

can i stream files from my PC directly to this NMT to be played on my TV ala media center or yung wifi is for streaming web content lang?

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #503 on: Nov 27, 2009 at 06:34 PM »
Jepoi, yes you can I tried it yesterday  ;) ;D

However, the LAN is much better(even with 1080 files)  ;) ;D

Offline andrei

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #504 on: Nov 27, 2009 at 07:57 PM »
hi!

anyone here ever had any problems with the detection of external hard drives?

i have a 1 tb hdd in an astone enclosure and everytime i turn on my xtreamer, it will always show that there's an internal disk even if there's none. I have to always turn off/on the external drive before it gets properly recognized. I tried varying the power on sequence but to no avail.

also, since fw 2.0, the boot time and external drive detect time of my xtreamer are noticeably longer. any hints?

Thanks!

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #505 on: Nov 27, 2009 at 09:01 PM »
No problem with detection of external drives, I've tried the 3.5" & 2.5" as well as thumb drives.

What I noticed is the prolonged boot up as compared to the HD Pro(isn't it the Xtreamer should boot faster? )and yes after the FW 2.0 update.  :-\ :P

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #506 on: Nov 28, 2009 at 12:15 AM »
No problem with detection of external drives, I've tried the 3.5" & 2.5" as well as thumb drives.

What I noticed is the prolonged boot up as compared to the HD Pro(isn't it the Xtreamer should boot faster? )and yes after the FW 2.0 update.  :-\ :P

The boot up time is longer in part because of the high-definition graphical user interface (FW Ver 2.0 and on).

On boot time of HD Pro vs Xtreamer:  The difference is measured in seconds?

« Last Edit: Nov 28, 2009 at 02:02 AM by Bitstream »

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #507 on: Nov 28, 2009 at 07:54 AM »
Jepoi, yes you can I tried it yesterday  ;) ;D

However, the LAN is much better(even with 1080 files)  ;) ;D
bro Alfie, just one question regarding 1080p files.  do you have a band of brothers 1080p sourced from HDDVD?  this is my benchmark for a good player (actually in my experience, most hddvd encodes are hard to play), im just curious on how xtreamer handles those encodes.  thanks in advance  :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline natosan

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #508 on: Nov 28, 2009 at 08:19 AM »
Good morning!  Indeed, it looks like you have a problem with a USB port.  You might try re-flashing your firmware update (give it a shot and see if it clears up the problem).  If not, please bring the Xtreamer to the Araneta office, where it will be replaced.  Please look for Mathy. 

Make/Brand:
  Model No.:

regarding remote control frequencies, same with my Velodyne CHT-10R. any way to adjust?

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #509 on: Nov 28, 2009 at 10:54 AM »
bro Alfie, just one question regarding 1080p files.  do you have a band of brothers 1080p sourced from HDDVD?  this is my benchmark for a good player (actually in my experience, most hddvd encodes are hard to play), im just curious on how xtreamer handles those encodes.  thanks in advance  :)

I have the band of brothers, I'm not sure if it's the HDDVD encodes(I didn't check, used to play them on my Acer, and I played them on my HDPro,wherein they played, fine). I am presently at work,and I will just update the thread once I get home and test them.

BTW...how will I know if they're sourced from HDDVD?...just the label?

Thanks will update you.

BTW......I'm still partial to the HTPC, it's just fun having these gadgets. ;) ;D ;D ;D