Author Topic: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer  (Read 407629 times)

Offline jepoi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer
« Reply #840 on: Feb 15, 2010 at 07:57 AM »
i agree, ill give a 10TB also full of HD movies if anyone can play all 1080ps flawlessly in a wireless network, even 720p also had a lag nga eh, 1080p pa kaya, minsan nga kahit wired may konti pa lag, kahit saang player ito mapa pop-corn hour, egreat, xtreamer or any NMT i think, maybe its because its limited to the bandwidth of data that the wireless communication can give

better prepare the 10tb hdd full of hd movies dude.   ;D

btw, anyone able to get torrent to work on the xtreamer?
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2010 at 07:58 AM by jepoi »

Offline joeyrodil

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi to everyone!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #841 on: Feb 15, 2010 at 09:40 AM »
better prepare the 10tb hdd full of hd movies dude.   ;D

btw, anyone able to get torrent to work on the xtreamer?
Then prove it with the xtreamer and i mean all 1080p flawlessly
do not do unto others what can you do for today

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #842 on: Feb 15, 2010 at 09:49 AM »
Ok I'll take the pepsi challenge, but what do you guys have to bet/offer against a 1TB full of high bitrate 1080ps?  I want to be proven wrong but I remain a skeptic on wireless streaming (please qualify streaming because it can be done with cables)  - cant make it work well enough on my infrastructure - Wireless broadband N home network with 100mbps fiber-optic on the backbone.  

Isa lang condition ko, I'd provide the 1080p data (guaranteed premium ones encoded by the best groups) and everything must play flawlessly and completely via wireless streaming.
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2010 at 10:05 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline joeyrodil

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Hi to everyone!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #843 on: Feb 15, 2010 at 11:04 AM »
Ok I'll take the pepsi challenge, but what do you guys have to bet/offer against a 1TB full of high bitrate 1080ps?  I want to be proven wrong but I remain a skeptic on wireless streaming (please qualify streaming because it can be done with cables)  - cant make it work well enough on my infrastructure - Wireless broadband N home network with 100mbps fiber-optic on the backbone.  

Isa lang condition ko, I'd provide the 1080p data (guaranteed premium ones encoded by the best groups) and everything must play flawlessly and completely via wireless streaming.

+100

i second the motion, jepoi what would you offer in case you cannot make it run flawlessly in wireless network
do not do unto others what can you do for today

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #844 on: Feb 15, 2010 at 12:07 PM »
Easy lang mga peeps.

I've spent enough time and money figuring this out to know it is possible. The reason I made the thread on successful setups was to share info and NOT make it confrontational.

If you guys wanna learn how to do it just ask and I'll try to help.

@C,

PM me the filename of the hardest encode you want me to try. If it's on RS I can get it within a couple of days and reply with the results.

Also, not all 802.11n wifi routers perform similarly. Some are better than others.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #845 on: Feb 15, 2010 at 03:24 PM »
PM me the filename of the hardest encode you want me to try. If it's on RS I can get it within a couple of days and reply with the results.

The skepticism is based mainly on generalizations which could be questionable with regard to 1080p MKVs.  But again, Id be happy to be proven wrong and actually willing to give incentive to anyone who can - for the fun of it.    ;)

Please try anything big from Eureka, Framestor, HiDT, HDME, CtrlHD - ang daming nang choices available.

What's the typical Mediainfo readout of the 1080p files you have fully watched while streaming wirelessly?  (please exclude 1080p samples - not reliable tests primarily because they are short;  the bitrates given by the player are not reliable too IMO - as Ive previously posted somewhere, it's a marathon test and not a sprint).

Hows my Buffalo Infiniti N? (that router can sustain DL rates greater than 10Mb/sec wired and wirelessly).  I have 1 desktop (wired), 3 laptops (wireless), Xbox360 (wired), Itouch, Ifun, Egreat, plasma TV (wired) all connected to it reliably (Egreat is wired because wireless streaming *X*+?*)  ;D  No problem with line of site as I have tested the reliability of signal from about 50meters -thats at my bike parking while my condo is at the 2nd floor.   ;)  Inside my place, everything is within 10-20 meters with/without walls, hence Im probably radiating myself with so much wireless signals.   ;D  Also using a Buffalo wireless broadband N adapter for all compatible devices.   Should I disconnect all devices in the network?
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2010 at 03:26 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
« Reply #846 on: Feb 15, 2010 at 04:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply :)

I'll PM you later what 1080p files I used that fits your requirements.

Buffalo N-series should work. It's a typical 2.4Ghz wifi router which is the same as the xtreamer antenna.

Like all experiments, I take out as much factors as possible. If you guys remember my post with pictures, I put the router next to the xtreamer just to see if it was even possible. If you succeed, then introduce the variables like distance and barriers. In my case when I moved to firmware 2.2 nagulat ako it suddenly worked.

Also just to find out if it's the WIFI that's a problem or the NFS server, you can use a PC equipped with Allegro NFS server and connect it to your lan via fixed ethernet. My initial boo-boo was stubbornly trying to get the A-100 to be the NFS server when I found out my CPU load was hitting 100% na (telnetted in to it) that's why it would stutter. When I had both the A-110 and A-200 here I realized the A-110's WIFI performance was just impossible which can mean either the firmware on the 1st gen Sigma's wasn't optimized for 11N streaming.

I'd really like you guys to succeed too!

Offline jojitb

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #847 on: Feb 16, 2010 at 09:10 AM »
I just got my Xtreamer last night.  

Performance-wise I find it wonderful that such a small device can play videos that my dual-core PC chokes at.

However, gui-wise it is miles and miles behind my beloved XBMC (sobra lang mahal kuryente ngayon saka nasira remote ko)

Questions:  
1. I have no internal HDD and I connect to my server via samba. Is there a way to setup the Xtreamer gui so that when I press on My Library it will automatically show the predefined samba shares?  Kumbaga di na ako dadaan sa My Library -> NET -> My Shortcuts -> MyServer

If you are in FW2.2 you can use favorites.  NFS is better. What I need is a way to rename the shares, hindi siya configurable eh.  Maybe if I mount the NFS shares in the local filesystem? hmmmm

2.  I have many Samba shares on my server.  I have specific shares for my AVI movies and HD movies and TV shows. Is there a way to configure Xtreamer to only show these shares and not the others?  

Define separate NFS shares for xtreamer, leave your Samba shares for your Windows PCs

3. Are my questions above going to be solved by using NFS?  Madali lang naman kung sakali mag lagay nang NFS dahil linux yun server ko pero if it will behave the same as Samba, sayang lang yun oras.

Yes, mostly

I know I can prolly find these out on my own but if people here already know the answers, why not?

Asking a question in forums is not for the impatient.  Just do it!  ;D

NOTE:  1080p wifi streaming stutters for me with Xtreamer too (G-router only).

edit: My Library pala hindi Multimedia
edit2: Answered my own questions:
« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2010 at 08:25 AM by jojitb »

Offline dmag10

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #848 on: Feb 17, 2010 at 11:31 PM »
just had my xtreamer yesterday.......ask ko lang kelangan po ba na upgrade ko agad yung firmware nya?

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #849 on: Feb 18, 2010 at 12:37 AM »
just had my xtreamer yesterday.......ask ko lang kelangan po ba na upgrade ko agad yung firmware nya?

recommended na you upgrade immediately... ang daming issues na na-fixed on the latest v2.2 ;)

Offline Archie

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #850 on: Feb 18, 2010 at 05:16 AM »
is it recommended to have an internal HDD, or a WD mybook will suffice?

Offline CaptainKidd

• Collector
  • Nice to meet yah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #851 on: Feb 18, 2010 at 09:52 AM »

probably depends on your preference.  Both are good.  :D

Offline HDMI

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #852 on: Feb 18, 2010 at 10:04 AM »

I'm using a WD Mybook, no issues whatsoever. I'm a bit wary of using an internal HDD as it might cause the unit to generate more heat. :)

Offline popejerico

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #853 on: Feb 18, 2010 at 10:52 AM »

Kung always on the go ka and ayaw mo ng maraming nakasaksak, go for the internal. But for a price of an internal 500gb (2.5") halos kasing price na sya ng assembled na external na 750gb-1TB (not necessarily mag WD mybook ka). I go for the external because of the price and storage space. And I don't mind kung maraming nakasaksak because I find it maangas when my IO gear enclosures are lined up together. :-)
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2010 at 10:52 AM by popejerico »

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #854 on: Feb 18, 2010 at 06:07 PM »
I noticed that in 2.2 youtube became problematic. A lot of videos unable to play. The internet radio became slow, at madalas putol putol unlike in 2.0 it plays smooth always.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline tapyok

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #855 on: Feb 19, 2010 at 11:42 PM »
Mga bosing tanong ko lang kung may digital noise reduction (DNR) na ung version 2.2???...  e2 ba ung nag bibigay ng documentary look????  i'm with version 2.02 pa lang eh.... pero kung wala ung d muna ako mag uupdate.. d ko naman ginagamit nung networking.. and lahat naman nung files ko ok mag play

Offline ravencreed

• Collector
  • DVD ENTHUSIAST
  • Liked:
« Reply #856 on: Feb 20, 2010 at 12:43 AM »
hi guys... please help naman...

i got an xtreamer last week for son. the unit fw is 2.02.
after connecting and setting-up..and installing a harddisk full of contents... i upgraded to 2.2
i only tried playing 1 folder of pixar's short 720p mkv... and went fine.

got back here in singapore (work here)... now my son had emailed me that the xtreamer keeps on hanging.

he tried to play "ffvii: advent children complete 1080p" and hang in the beginning of the movie.
thought that maybe it was only the file... instructed to try other movies...tried playing "time travler's wife 720p mkv" still same problem.

could this be because of the firmware 2.2?
i had put 2.2, 2.02, & 2.0 inside the internal hd....would it better to downgrade back to 2.02?
if only for playing movies....which is the stable and recommended firmware version...

thanks...

Offline jetro

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #857 on: Feb 20, 2010 at 07:09 AM »
hmmm.. i wonder why.  2.2 is by far the most stable release i've tried.  all the media i have are playing just fine and they now load faster.  internet connection is faster too.  some of the movies that stutter (just a tiny bit) in old firmwares now plays fine.  video streaming is faster too, 720p is almost perfect now, 1080p still has problems but improvement is quite a lot, its good enough to b 'watchable' now.

I noticed that in 2.2 youtube became problematic. A lot of videos unable to play. The internet radio became slow, at madalas putol putol unlike in 2.0 it plays smooth always.

Offline Alfie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #858 on: Feb 20, 2010 at 07:30 AM »
If the 1080p 24Hz is on turn it off....might solve the problem  ;) ;D

Offline popejerico

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #859 on: Feb 20, 2010 at 08:16 AM »

after connecting and setting-up..and installing a harddisk full of contents... i upgraded to 2.2

got back here in singapore (work here)... now my son had emailed me that the xtreamer keeps on hanging.

he tried to play "ffvii: advent children complete 1080p" and hang in the beginning of the movie.
thought that maybe it was only the file... instructed to try other movies...tried playing "time travler's wife 720p mkv" still same problem.

i had put 2.2, 2.02, & 2.0 inside the internal hd....would it better to downgrade back to 2.02?
if only for playing movies....which is the stable and recommended firmware version...

thanks...

2.2 is working ok for me better than its previous ones.

Have you tried using a different harddisk?
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2010 at 02:45 PM by popejerico »

Offline Archie

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #860 on: Feb 20, 2010 at 12:30 PM »
just got my xtreamer.

is it normal na madaming youtube hindi ma play? internet radio di gumagana? and internet videos choppy.

mukhang issue ito ng 2.2

« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2010 at 02:33 PM by Archie »

Offline tapyok

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #861 on: Feb 20, 2010 at 06:47 PM »
Mga bosing tanong ko lang kung may digital noise reduction (DNR) na ung version 2.2???...  e2 ba ung nag bibigay ng documentary look??  i'm with version 2.02 pa lang eh.... pero kung wala un, d muna ako mag uupdate.. d ko naman ginagamit nung networking.. and lahat naman nung files ko ok mag play

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #862 on: Feb 20, 2010 at 06:59 PM »
Mga bosing tanong ko lang kung may digital noise reduction (DNR) na ung version 2.2???...  e2 ba ung nag bibigay ng documentary look??  i'm with version 2.02 pa lang eh.... pero kung wala un, d muna ako mag uupdate.. d ko naman ginagamit nung networking.. and lahat naman nung files ko ok mag play

Yes may dnr na

Offline tapyok

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #863 on: Feb 20, 2010 at 08:35 PM »
effective naman po ung dnr nya? does it give the handycam look? thanks!

Offline Archie

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #864 on: Feb 20, 2010 at 09:59 PM »
puede ba akong mag downgrade?

Offline ravencreed

• Collector
  • DVD ENTHUSIAST
  • Liked:
« Reply #865 on: Feb 20, 2010 at 11:51 PM »

thanks...

just wanna share....

after tediously giving instructions to my son thru ym, was able to downgrade the xtreamer back to 2.0.2
and now the problematic files before that keeps on hanging played smoothly na without hiccups.
as in my case, the 2.2 seems to be unstable.

::)

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #866 on: Feb 21, 2010 at 07:59 PM »
effective naman po ung dnr nya? does it give the handycam look? thanks!

it's effective i think, but i usually turn it off
i prefer the original sharpness of the source
pag dnr-on, for me playback is extraordinary smooth

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #867 on: Feb 21, 2010 at 08:03 PM »

just wanna share....

after tediously giving instructions to my son thru ym, was able to downgrade the xtreamer back to 2.0.2
and now the problematic files before that keeps on hanging played smoothly na without hiccups.
as in my case, the 2.2 seems to be unstable.

::)

i prefer 2.2 over 2.0.2 because of the dts sync issue
so far just encountered 1 mkv that have problem playing, The Last King of Scotland (1080p)
this file plays smoothly on my egreat 31b but hav problem enabling subtitle
i think the file needs to be perfect in order to play without problem in 2.2

Offline eksi

• DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #868 on: Feb 21, 2010 at 08:04 PM »
puede ba akong mag downgrade?

pwede bro

Offline Archie

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #869 on: Feb 22, 2010 at 06:03 AM »
I'm using a WD Mybook, no issues whatsoever. I'm a bit wary of using an internal HDD as it might cause the unit to generate more heat. :)

yun rin takot ko, heat issues.
pero wala ba masasacrifice na applications like web/internet, or speed in terms of processing
if walang internal hdd?