Author Topic: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer  (Read 411347 times)

Offline dfl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer
« Reply #1260 on: Aug 27, 2010 at 11:59 PM »
Hey guys,I'm a newbie and am thinking of buying xtreamer and my question is pwede bang kabitan sa usb nito ng external dvdrom? And if yes, will the dvds I play also be upscaled to 1080p? Thanks a lot!

Offline alihug

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #1261 on: Aug 28, 2010 at 01:43 AM »
meron po ba sa R-Sun nito?

Offline cire6

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1262 on: Aug 28, 2010 at 07:32 AM »
Hey guys,I'm a newbie and am thinking of buying xtreamer and my question is pwede bang kabitan sa usb nito ng external dvdrom? And if yes, will the dvds I play also be upscaled to 1080p? Thanks a lot!

sa pag kakaalam ko po pwede...

Offline cire6

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1263 on: Aug 28, 2010 at 07:44 AM »
nag upgrade na ako ng ver 2.4 at maganda naman ang nangyari sa mk1 ko, lahat ng files na play pa rin.
sinubukan ko din ang movie jukebox ayos din naman, nag try pa nga akong mag edit tru net at swabe.

mayroon lang minor issue pag naka hdmi on walang sound ang amp kailangan pang i off muna ang hdmi audio
pero ayos lang naman siguro ayusin nila ito sa susunod.

over all para sa akin pwede na mag upgrade basta ang ma suggest ko lang tru usb kayo mag upgrade...

Offline dfl

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1264 on: Aug 28, 2010 at 08:56 PM »
thanks cire6!

Offline MaCMeL

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1265 on: Aug 28, 2010 at 10:10 PM »
I did the 2.4 update also, installed jukebox but haven't scraped my movies though as it will take a lot of time and would probably scrape it manually.

Can't comment on the HDMI issue with an AMP as I am using HDMI direct to TV and it works fine.

Issues that I found (or probably not an issue at all)

On v2.3.1 my anime series plays one after the other but with 2.4 it will stop the current episode then I'll have to press play on the next which I find a hassle. Seems that the play button doesn't work, have to press the enter button to play a video.

I'm not sure if Xtreamer is capable of autoresizing the video to full screen as some of the older episodes of my anime series is 4:3 while the newer ones are 16:9. I have put my settings to 16:9 but that doesn't take effect on the 4:3 videos. ??? ???
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2010 at 10:35 PM by MaCMeL »
Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.
MaCMeL

Offline vx2

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1266 on: Aug 29, 2010 at 02:26 PM »
Upgraded last night to 2.4.

Now my Internet section is not working. Says something like No Network Connection detected, which is bull since my network is fine and internet connectivity is good even after swapping out cables.

Anyone experiencing the same?

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #1267 on: Aug 29, 2010 at 08:09 PM »
Did you do a reset to defaults? also, go to the network setup and check your settings

Offline vx2

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1268 on: Aug 29, 2010 at 08:39 PM »
How do i reset the defaults? Checked the settings, everything is fine by the looks of it. weird.

Offline cire6

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1269 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 06:26 AM »
 I think if you didnt do the restore system dafault after you upgrade its under system and you must do again the connection settings, dettect the signal, if you have password enter it.

Offline nerveblocker

• Trade Count: (+98)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 247
« Reply #1270 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 09:08 AM »
Hi!  I played 2 movies i.e. Furry Vengeance 720p and Prince of Persia 720p and when I played it in my Xtreamer, only the audio played but no video.  I tried playing it in my PC and everything (audio and video) played fine.  BTW, my firmware version is 2.1.3.  Should I upgrade to the latest firmware to fix this problem?

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1271 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 09:42 AM »
Hi!  I played 2 movies i.e. Furry Vengeance 720p and Prince of Persia 720p and when I played it in my Xtreamer, only the audio played but no video.  I tried playing it in my PC and everything (audio and video) played fine.  BTW, my firmware version is 2.1.3.  Should I upgrade to the latest firmware to fix this problem?

Header Removal Compression.  Kaka-tsismis ko lang eto kay Anya via PM.  Exactly the same title.   ;)

No fix for any NMT at the moment as far as I know.  Wont work on both Realtek and Sigma based hardware media players yet.   Hopefully, this issue would be fixed through next FW upgrades.

If you want, you can remux that file using an older version of MKVTOOLNIX, or, get the upload from "popular" encoding groups once they become available.  Kapag never heard ang encoding group and bago ang title/release, many of them would work for PCs only.

« Last Edit: Aug 30, 2010 at 09:44 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline alihug

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #1272 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 10:04 AM »

up for my question...san po mura ito Pro ed. nito?

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #1273 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 10:19 AM »
up for my question...san po mura ito Pro ed. nito?

sir, may mga sellers sa market place ng pdvd ...i believe those are already good price and they also offer door-to-door delivery
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #1274 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 10:24 AM »
more goodies coming up on Xtreamer players ... as advertised on their website - full browser (Opera) and keyboard/mouse support when version 3 of firmware is released

hopefully they can also include Skype in future releases
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1275 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 04:08 PM »
Header Removal Compression.  Kaka-tsismis ko lang eto kay Anya via PM.  Exactly the same title.   ;)

No fix for any NMT at the moment as far as I know.  Wont work on both Realtek and Sigma based hardware media players yet.   Hopefully, this issue would be fixed through next FW upgrades.

If you want, you can remux that file using an older version of MKVTOOLNIX, or, get the upload from "popular" encoding groups once they become available.  Kapag never heard ang encoding group and bago ang title/release, many of them would work for PCs only.

Thanks Master Clondalkin for the quick reply.  I already forgot the source of my download but I'm now downloading the Rapidshare version.  Hopefully this will work. 

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #1276 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 04:33 PM »

Wala sa website nila eh.  Pero meron sa PC Express bro.  I saw Xtreamer Sidewinder just last week sa PCX Vmall.

Offline timdrake

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1277 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 05:49 PM »
Thanks Master Clondalkin for the quick reply.  I already forgot the source of my download but I'm now downloading the Rapidshare version.  Hopefully this will work. 

Hi, it might be faster to just to do what Clondalkin suggested. It's just gonna take 5-8 minutes to remux a movie. It will surely work after doing this procedure. Thanks.

Offline rony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • didyital rules!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 58
« Reply #1278 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 08:13 PM »

Dagdag ko na rin yun movie na "Basic" at yun "Dr. Zhivago". Parehong ayaw umandar sa xtreamer fw 2.0.2

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1279 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 08:32 PM »
Hi, it might be faster to just to do what Clondalkin suggested. It's just gonna take 5-8 minutes to remux a movie. It will surely work after doing this procedure. Thanks.

I downloaded mkvtoolnix and tried the conversion. It took around 7 mins for the conversion but alas...Still no video but audio is ok. Is there a setting aside from the defaul of the program that needs tweaking?

Offline timdrake

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1280 on: Aug 30, 2010 at 08:46 PM »
I downloaded mkvtoolnix and tried the conversion. It took around 7 mins for the conversion but alas...Still no video but audio is ok. Is there a setting aside from the defaul of the program that needs tweaking?

I think you got the latest version v4.2.0. If that's the one you got here's what you do after opening the file
first highlight the video track in the middle box then click on the extra options tab and under compression choose none. Then highlight the audio track and do the same thing. After that you can remux the file.

Or just download an older version of mkvtoolnix. It's these last 2 versions that are causing the errors if you don't change the compression to none. The default before was none but the programmer changed it the last 2 versions.

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1281 on: Aug 31, 2010 at 05:51 AM »
Header Removal Compression.  Kaka-tsismis ko lang eto kay Anya via PM.  Exactly the same title.   ;)

No fix for any NMT at the moment as far as I know.  Wont work on both Realtek and Sigma based hardware media players yet.   Hopefully, this issue would be fixed through next FW upgrades.

If you want, you can remux that file using an older version of MKVTOOLNIX, or, get the upload from "popular" encoding groups once they become available.  Kapag never heard ang encoding group and bago ang title/release, many of them would work for PCs only.

I think you got the latest version v4.2.0. If that's the one you got here's what you do after opening the file
first highlight the video track in the middle box then click on the extra options tab and under compression choose none. Then highlight the audio track and do the same thing. After that you can remux the file.

Or just download an older version of mkvtoolnix. It's these last 2 versions that are causing the errors if you don't change the compression to none. The default before was none but the programmer changed it the last 2 versions.

Thanks so much guys for your help!  Tried Furry Vengeance with the settings and it worked! Video and Audio played flawlessly.  Woohoo! 

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1282 on: Sep 01, 2010 at 07:02 AM »
Hey good tip, also had the same problem hehe
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline nightstalker

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1283 on: Sep 01, 2010 at 08:33 AM »
Hi!  I played 2 movies i.e. Furry Vengeance 720p and Prince of Persia 720p and when I played it in my Xtreamer, only the audio played but no video.  I tried playing it in my PC and everything (audio and video) played fine.  BTW, my firmware version is 2.1.3.  Should I upgrade to the latest firmware to fix this problem?
OT:Well I watched Furry Vengeance in 720p through my Xtreamer and I am telling you, you are not missing that much... In fact, you should thank your Xtreamer for sparing you from watching that sad excuse for a movie..... It is definitely one of the worst movies of all time... It is HORRIBLE!!! I did not even finish watching it as it makes Ben Affleck's "Surviving Christmas" an Oscar material....

Offline nerveblocker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • DTS-HD Master Audio!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1284 on: Sep 01, 2010 at 09:48 AM »
OT:Well I watched Furry Vengeance in 720p through my Xtreamer and I am telling you, you are not missing that much... In fact, you should thank your Xtreamer for sparing you from watching that sad excuse for a movie..... It is definitely one of the worst movies of all time... It is HORRIBLE!!! I did not even finish watching it as it makes Ben Affleck's "Surviving Christmas" an Oscar material....

Yup I agree nevertheless it gave entertainment to the kids.  A lot of downloaded mkvs with the nonplayable video are becoming proliferative these days and this fix might help the other members encountering this problem.  As you've said, if it was for this particular movie only I wouldn't give a damn.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1285 on: Sep 01, 2010 at 12:30 PM »
Kinalampag ako ng wife to fix her Prince of Persia and Basic, among others..hehehe.  Eh worth the effort naman pala talaga yung Prince of Persia - among others ulit...hehehe ulit.

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1286 on: Sep 02, 2010 at 04:15 PM »
I have 2 MyBook 1TB external drives with eSATA. I wished to transfer the movies from there to my Xtreamer Pro and connecting it via eSATA, nag-ooff and automatic goes to PC mode yung Xtreamer Pro.  Basically, this setup doesn't work. The only way to transfer to my Xtreamer is via USB. slow! Bale wala din pala esata connection of mybook drives. eSATA will be only useful for connecting to a PC with eSATA.
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #1287 on: Sep 02, 2010 at 05:36 PM »
I have 2 MyBook 1TB external drives with eSATA. I wished to transfer the movies from there to my Xtreamer Pro and connecting it via eSATA, nag-ooff and automatic goes to PC mode yung Xtreamer Pro.  Basically, this setup doesn't work. The only way to transfer to my Xtreamer is via USB. slow! Bale wala din pala esata connection of mybook drives. eSATA will be only useful for connecting to a PC with eSATA.
this is good info bro ditoy.  buti nalang.
nagplano pa man din ako mag upgrade ng 2tb hdds ko   :-\
ninjababez online ..

Offline ditoy_eagle

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1288 on: Sep 02, 2010 at 06:01 PM »
The fastest way to transfer is format the hard disks NTFS and just put them inside the PC where you can transfer the files the fastest. then tsaka mo nalang lagay sa Xtreamer hehe. 

Offline natosan

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1289 on: Sep 03, 2010 at 03:56 PM »
guys, tried downloading the fw2.4 but it gets cuts off prematurely. any ideas on other download links aside from the official site? :'(