Author Topic: Sharp Aquos  (Read 30468 times)

Offline eijneb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Sharp Aquos
« Reply #120 on: Jun 04, 2007 at 04:21 PM »
Got the 37PX5M this time as my 3rd replacement,  because i endup again for another 2nd defective sharp aquos 37bx5m, Malas ako yata i think sa BX series, although for me doon sa naunang unit ko the only problem i encountered is yung clicking sound, the rest of the qualities i need for a good lcd ok naman, after my 2nd unit was arrived and replaced, day 1 pa lang madami na akong nakitang mga problema, medyo dumami pa nga, the clicking sound was there again, PLUS. . . bad PQ, hindi ko ma tweak yung color, kulang sa black level, pixelation always visible and the last is no sound coming from HDMI connection, weird!

2 sharp personel visited my place to check my unit again, 1 technical from alabang and 1 area manager, this time pareho sila nagulat, kase even if my HT is on tapos average volume ng reciever ko is 25db eh still naririnig nila yung clicking sound coming from behind of lcd, so on the spot they agreed for another 3rd unit replacement, but day 1 pa lang after i received another bad unit for sharp, nag decide ako na ma release lang yung 3rd unit replacement or yung documents na kailangan ng western, samsung 37R81B is my 2nd option.

pero when i demoed side by side with PX5M, nalito na ako! pareho silang may mga differences, example: superman returns R1, sa R81B pixelated sya during the plane chasing scenes, sa PX5M smooth sya, When i played LOTR naman PX5M masyado matingkad, which is sa R81b detailed yung color except sa napansin ko na medyo yung skin tone madilaw. 4 hours ako sa western that time, the only reason why i get sharp again, ok naman ang after sale service nila, samsung sana kaya lang hindi masagot ng samsung rep yung mga question ko, imagine when i ask samsung rep kung bakit pixelated yung samsung R81b, ang sabi sakin, , ,"sir kailangan 720p lang gamitin na format at wag 1080i" HUH?! pede ba yun? eh di sana hindi ginawa ng samsung yun? lastly, kaya disapointed ako lalo eh hirit ba naman sakin eh "sir yung sobrang pixelated, baka defective yung lcd". sayang at samsung na sana kukunin ko, kaya lang walang convincing factor,

for Sharp service is concern, alam ko gusto nila habulin what samsung service do. . . i didnt encounter any problem with sharp service specially the person who help me like Mr Ron(technical) and Mr. Cada(area manager)

sa mga future consumer of Sharp, dont hesitate to get one. . . .sharp service now is much better than before.

intay ko lang delivery ng sharp aquos 37PX5M, wil give you feedback again and reviews.

thanks
eijneb
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2007 at 04:24 PM by eijneb »

Offline stratix2

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #121 on: Jun 04, 2007 at 06:34 PM »
Im a happy owner of 32BX5M as well bought December last year in Western at Festival Alabang. So far, Sharp has lived up to my expectations and one thing that I just envy though - the price has gone down the drain nowadays (bought mine at Php 99,900 with free 30Gb Ipod and 21 inch TV). I have not experienced the same problem as the other owners did. One thing din that I look forward is viewing movies via HDMI cable. Have not tried attaching my unit to a DVD player with HDMI out as I am still contented with the AR component cable's PQ attached to a sony dvd player.

Not sure if I have to share this but one same observation as well with the sales person of Samsung in Western Festival Alabang, he's a real turn off that I did not hesitate to take home the Sharp LCD TV outright even if I am not done with comparing yet. He made a blunt comment that Samsung's LCD panel is better than Sharp's and that "di raw ako marunong pumili" when I am in deep thought having the Samsung and Sharp unit compared side by side and my attention leaning towards Sharp.

I base my judgement on what I see and hear and being a salesman myself i just pondered on the thought, that maybe he needs to go to back to basics of selling.

Happy viewing to all sharp aquos owners.
NAD C356DAC2 / NAD C516BEE
Onkyo TX-RZ820
Paradigm Studio 20V3 / 20V5 / CC490V5
Tannoy Mercury V4i

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Self Made Young Millionaire
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Jun 04, 2007 at 08:09 PM »
The 37BX5M is on sale on Saver's Hub.. You can get it for 67k for cash or 18 months to pay..

Im sure they can still go lower, ask for a manager's discount.  ;D

Offline prick27

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Jun 05, 2007 at 11:08 PM »
mga sirs kamusta naman po ang PC input ng Sharp Aquos? particularly the BX5m, BX6m and PX5m. Any comments on these models used as a pc monitor? Thanks in advance gurus! :D

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Jun 06, 2007 at 12:35 AM »
mga sirs kamusta naman po ang PC input ng Sharp Aquos? particularly the BX5m, BX6m and PX5m. Any comments on these models used as a pc monitor? Thanks in advance gurus! :D
@prick27:

I haven't tried it personally on Sharp Aquos' but Im pretty sure it will give you a good results, coz my previous HDTVs (Samsung S71 and Bravia V200A) worked perfectly for me - I am using it as a primary monitor with 1360x768 resolution.

Now, I am eyeing for Aquos' 37PX5M  :D

Offline prick27

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Jun 06, 2007 at 01:00 AM »
thank you very much sir Fait. Now I'm torn betweent the cheaper samsung s81 and this aquos, hope I can audition both using PC inputs.  :D

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Jun 06, 2007 at 01:03 AM »
thank you very much sir Fait. Now I'm torn betweent the cheaper samsung s81 and this aquos, hope I can audition both using PC inputs.  :D
Ill be going back to Ansons Ortigas tomorrow, maybe in the morning or late afternoon... They have Samsung and Sharp there, btw, if you want to get a BX5M, savers hub is offering a good price..

Offline antikryst

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Jun 06, 2007 at 01:10 AM »
@fait

text me when ur back at ansons. ill bring my dvds :)

ill see if i can go again...hopefully i wont be swamped at work

Offline raindrop

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Jun 06, 2007 at 05:46 PM »
hello pdvd members! ive been reading this forum for a week already and it has been a big help to me in terms of knowing what to buy and what not to. to those who owns 37bx5m, i would like to know the response time, contrast ratio (native and dynamic) of the said model. and would also like to know if it has an HDMI port. I'm actually planning to buy one for gaming (about 85% of the time and 15% for movie watching). hoping for your response and thanks in advance. :D

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #129 on: Jun 06, 2007 at 09:19 PM »
hello pdvd members! ive been reading this forum for a week already and it has been a big help to me in terms of knowing what to buy and what not to. to those who owns 37bx5m, i would like to know the response time, contrast ratio (native and dynamic) of the said model. and would also like to know if it has an HDMI port. I'm actually planning to buy one for gaming (about 85% of the time and 15% for movie watching). hoping for your response and thanks in advance. :D

response time is 6ms.
contrast ratio is 1200:1 native.
there are 2 HDMI ports, 1 can accept both A/V, the other one for Video only (has separate stereo input, ideal for PC input via DVI).
lag time when changing channels is slow (~2 seconds), which is common to LCD TVs.

Offline duhmask

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Jun 06, 2007 at 09:33 PM »
@antikryst and fait..

guys, text me what time kayo punta uli ng Anson's Ortigas, gusto ko sana makita personally yung sinasabing geometric problems nung (OT) Samsung 32" WS Slim Fit TV..

by the way..na audition ko yung 32BX5M viewing local air channels, nagulat ako kase di stretched yung video, looks the same sa CRT TV's..i wanted to check this out first kase the LCD TV i'm gonna get will be an all 'rounder..games, movies and cable TV..

am definitely gonna get the 32PX5M, only thing left to figure out is where to buy.. :?

Offline antikryst

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Jun 06, 2007 at 11:50 PM »
sayang we were there ulit kanina. i think fait already got the 37" na toshiba. :)

still waiting for my special price sa sharp. if not ill go 32" a3000e...brought 5th element kanina and it looked good. better pq sa sharp, then toshiba, then samsung. samsungs colors were oversaturated!!! :p

but since the toshiba is better in price for now..thats my number 1 choice. if i can get a good deal sa sharp then ill go sharp

Offline raindrop

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Jun 07, 2007 at 08:33 AM »
response time is 6ms.
contrast ratio is 1200:1 native.
there are 2 HDMI ports, 1 can accept both A/V, the other one for Video only (has separate stereo input, ideal for PC input via DVI).
lag time when changing channels is slow (~2 seconds), which is common to LCD TVs.

thanks paolorenzo! so the response time is 6ms... hmmm... based on your experience, do you think 6ms is good enough for fast paced gaming? and how about the dynamic contrast ratio? sorry if ask too much question... hehe... cant find any specs sa website ng sharp eh unlike the others but anyway thanks for replying and thanks in advance for your next reply. :D

Offline antikryst

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Jun 07, 2007 at 10:13 AM »
6ms is as fast as you go present day :p

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Jun 07, 2007 at 07:13 PM »
sayang we were there ulit kanina. i think fait already got the 37" na toshiba. :)

still waiting for my special price sa sharp. if not ill go 32" a3000e...brought 5th element kanina and it looked good. better pq sa sharp, then toshiba, then samsung. samsungs colors were oversaturated!!! :p

but since the toshiba is better in price for now..thats my number 1 choice. if i can get a good deal sa sharp then ill go sharp
Yeah, I bought the 37A3000E yesterday and returned the unit today. lawl! I wasn't satisfied or I should was so very disappointed with the 37A3000E after hooking it up on my PC, everything was perfect already, watching tv, dvd's via it's hdmi player until I hooked it to my pc -- sucks totally! grr..

So, I ended up getting the 32PX5M - item will be delivered or picked up tomorrow afternoon - though im still working out for the 37PX5M, if Ansons can offer more or better discount, ill probably go for it - but to be honest, they offered me a good one already, i just want them to give it to the price I like. :D
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2007 at 01:13 AM by Fait »

Offline antikryst

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Jun 07, 2007 at 08:05 PM »
sayang. ok na sa lahat except for pc input?

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Jun 08, 2007 at 01:14 AM »
sayang. ok na sa lahat except for pc input?
@antikryst:

Yup, everything was perfect except for the pc input -- since my main priority is a HTPC, Toshiba Regza 37A3000E didn't pass my expectation.
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2007 at 09:13 PM by Fait »

Offline duhmask

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Jun 10, 2007 at 05:58 PM »
@fait & antikryst

i already bought the 32PX5M at avante GB3 (look for alen) last friday ;D , they were able to make me an offer a little better than  what Anson's Ortigas gave so i didn't resist temptation anymore..

the unit was delivered last Saturday morning and so far so good..

next project is an upscaling DVD player  :-\ ..

:D

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Jun 10, 2007 at 06:07 PM »
congratulations duhmask!  Enjoy your new toy!

Question lang, I really don't see any difference in specs between the PX and the BX series.  Meron ba difference in features?  I know the PX looks sexier, but that seems to be the only difference?  Can someone enlighten me.  Mere looks doesn't justify the price difference for me (BX isn't exactly ugly).

Offline squatt3r

• DVD Addict
  • Advanced Micro Devices fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #139 on: Jun 10, 2007 at 08:37 PM »
ang sabi nung salesman sa Saver's exterior finish lang tsaka panel yung pinagkaiba pero features wise, preho lang daw.

Offline eijneb

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Jun 11, 2007 at 12:26 AM »
i think 6000:1 ang CR ng PX5M comparing to a 1200:1 to BX series, i own a bx before pero when i tried PX mas detail yung black levels ng PX. one thing i dnt like sa PX series is nawala yung slot sa side panel. :(

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Jun 11, 2007 at 02:15 AM »
@fait & antikryst

i already bought the 32PX5M at avante GB3 (look for alen) last friday ;D , they were able to make me an offer a little better than  what Anson's Ortigas gave so i didn't resist temptation anymore..

the unit was delivered last Saturday morning and so far so good..

next project is an upscaling DVD player  :-\ ..

:D

@duhmask:

Gratzie man! Share mo naman sakin pano mo inayos colors -- yung sakin kasi hindi ko makuha yung brightness, OPC, backlight, etc... ;)

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Jun 11, 2007 at 02:17 AM »
ang sabi nung salesman sa Saver's exterior finish lang tsaka panel yung pinagkaiba pero features wise, preho lang daw.

I think meron difference ang PX sa BX series, coz comparing it side-by-side, mas maganda talaga yung PX5M over the BX5M and BX6M..

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Jun 15, 2007 at 10:34 PM »
PX5M users:

Share your Menu Settings naman... (brightness, OCP, Backlight etc..)  Hindi kasi ako magaling mag tweak ng mga settings..  :-\

Offline eijneb

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Jun 16, 2007 at 12:01 PM »
PX5M users:

Share your Menu Settings naman... (brightness, OCP, Backlight etc..)  Hindi kasi ako magaling mag tweak ng mga settings..  :-\

my Sharp 37PX5M Adjusted using AVIA Calibration Disk. also using a Pio 490v thru HDMI as my hd medium.

OPC - OFF
Backlight - STD
Contrast - +29
Brightness - +5
Color - -10
Tint - 0
Sharpness - +5

Color Temp - Mid Cool
Black Level - ON (for TVuser) OFF (for Movie)
Film Mode - ON

Digital Noise Reduction - High
Mode1
Quick Shoot - ON

sir fait remember that each HDTV, each person and each environment is unique, therefore someone else's settings may not be at all applicable to your situation. bahala ka na lang mag timpla, i actually get that settings on other forums, so its upto ur taste sir. 
« Last Edit: Jun 16, 2007 at 12:40 PM by eijneb »

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Jun 17, 2007 at 02:05 PM »
my Sharp 37PX5M Adjusted using AVIA Calibration Disk. also using a Pio 490v thru HDMI as my hd medium.

OPC - OFF
Backlight - STD
Contrast - +29
Brightness - +5
Color - -10
Tint - 0
Sharpness - +5

Color Temp - Mid Cool
Black Level - ON (for TVuser) OFF (for Movie)
Film Mode - ON

Digital Noise Reduction - High
Mode1
Quick Shoot - ON

sir fait remember that each HDTV, each person and each environment is unique, therefore someone else's settings may not be at all applicable to your situation. bahala ka na lang mag timpla, i actually get that settings on other forums, so its upto ur taste sir.
@eijneb:

Yessir, No problems about that! Your settings is a great help..Will try them now.

Offline paolorenzo

• DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Jun 17, 2007 at 09:43 PM »
i think 6000:1 ang CR ng PX5M comparing to a 1200:1 to BX series, i own a bx before pero when i tried PX mas detail yung black levels ng PX. one thing i dnt like sa PX series is nawala yung slot sa side panel. :(

Hi eijneb.  Kamusta na ang PX mo?  So did this change finally get rid of the clicking sound?  As in wala na?

I still have some clicks here and there, but luckily I don't get annoyed.  Hopefully, nothing bad is actually happening inside the unit.  It does sound like plastic clicks which may be related to heat.

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Jun 18, 2007 at 12:03 AM »
Hi eijneb.  Kamusta na ang PX mo?  So did this change finally get rid of the clicking sound?  As in wala na?

I still have some clicks here and there, but luckily I don't get annoyed.  Hopefully, nothing bad is actually happening inside the unit.  It does sound like plastic clicks which may be related to heat.

do you guys have any idea(s) why/what's the clicking sound all about? Im getting clicking sounds too but it's only once in a while, same thing with my bravia too..

Offline eijneb

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Jun 18, 2007 at 12:36 AM »
@ sir Paolorenzo and sir Fait

to be honest...i've nothing to say regarding on my PX quality now, malupet! superb! kaya lang. . .STILL, on my 3rd replacement unit by Sharp Alabang c/o western, itong PX5M ko right now is under evaluation, to make the long story short...for replacement na naman nila...from day 1 to day 3 no clicking sound was encountered until day 4 lumabas na sya, day 7, alabang sharp technical and sharp pasig visited my place again, hindi sila makapaniwala sa narinig nila, actually meron na sila dalang 37BX6M service unit nila, they do all the counter measure and evaluation para lang ma-detect nila kung sa place ko meron problema, which is they found out negative...unit na talaga. also they want to pullout my PX for immediate replacement since my 2 BX5M still in western, kaya lang hindi ako pumayag na kunin nila yung PX ko, i tell them to get my 2 BX unit sa western, now im waiting atleast 1 1/2weeks para ma-release nila yung papers ko na for replacement...im not worried kase maganda ang aftersale service nila, from time to time meron ako feedback na narereceived sa kanila.

sir Pao, imo dapat walang clicking sound sa lcd as per sharp technical, i also check 5 units form BX to PX at some appliance display pero talagang no sound of clicking yun mga display unit nila, imaging from 10am til closing yung mga display unit nila ganon ka-bugbog, yung unit ko 3-4hrs lang naka open pero still its very annoying yung clicking sound.

btw i have a avia calibration cd...sir kung wala pa kayo, PM me bigyan ko kayo ng copy.

eijneb
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2007 at 10:38 PM by eijneb »

Offline Fait

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Jun 18, 2007 at 05:26 AM »
@eijneb:

So this would be your 4th replacement already? (2) BX5M and (2) PX5M already?  :o

Yung sakin kasi may 'clicking' sound din but hindi naman ganon ka annoying, and minsan lang talaga tumutunog unlike yours na every minute?

Btw, what's avia calibration? Pahinge ako ;) Thanks!
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2007 at 05:27 AM by Fait »