Author Topic: The Lord Of The Rings DVDs  (Read 156698 times)

Offline ravencreed

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • DVD ENTHUSIAST
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Lord Of The Rings DVDs
« Reply #990 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 10:56 AM »
i was able to get mine last. fortunately, there is one with is slash so low... it almost miss the plastic of the case :D

any way, just check it only last nite. bukas ko na lang watch. O0

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #991 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 12:09 PM »
lahat ba ng LOTR-ROTK R1 dvds on sale sa Pinas may slash/cut sa barcode?  ???
« Last Edit: Jun 04, 2004 at 12:16 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 347
« Reply #992 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 12:38 PM »
Yung mga dinistribute ng C-Interactive, lahat slashed yung plastic cover para ma-attach yung VRB sticker.  Galing 'no?  How sloppier can you get?  >:(  I'm sure this could have been avoided.
We deserve better.

Offline Maxster

• Collector
  • I like DVD's music and Blu-rays.
  • Liked:
VRB or others.....
« Reply #993 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 01:41 PM »
I have a feeling that the j3rk offs from the VRB deliberately did that to the DVDs to piss us off. Well, if that's the case, though I won't buy pirated, I hope all local sucky movies (not unless they're really good) get pirated. They're not using their common sense. I'm not sure if Edu Manzano heads the VRB, because if he is, he's another example of those showbiz people who're so obsessed with getting the limelight especially now they're passe and they can't even come up with quality movies. Now they're targetting honest consumers and honest distributors who only desire one thing, "To bring the good stuff the world has to offer to our already depraved, culturally and economically impoverished society." These same people don't want to bring the beauty of the world to the general public. They're already comfortable knowing that they could always fly in and out of the country buying all their imported luxury goods and probably not even paying taxes when they bring in all their couture, electronics and jewelry here. (Through NAIA). O0 The truth is, as much as we're aiming to produce quality DVDs locally, sometimes, when they're not produced here, we just have to resort to importation. And if you're a DVD collector, why even buy VCD. They don't get it, they can't force us to buy just what is out there. We only buy what we want to buy. They're insane.

The same thing the local record distributors grand standed before against imported CDs. Such is the market of CD Warehouse and other local importers who are now being or have been annihilated by the senseless monopolizers who are anti-consumer. We all know sometimes, that we as consumers pay premium for something that is premium and we won't pay a single cent for something mediocre. It's our joy to have even just a part or parts of what the rest of the civilized world has.

These hypocritical demagogues simply like to control everything while they themselves build pretty fences to shield themselves from what they let us go through. How selfish can they get? >:D

Offline silhouette

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Bon Jour!
  • Liked:
« Reply #994 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 03:17 PM »
MISMO!!! ;D

Offline alexg

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #995 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 04:09 PM »
I haven't checked the forum lately, I did not know that the LOTR ROTK is already available locally, I had my brother-in-law buy it for me in Singapore for Singapore $50.00.

How much is it locally?
I went fishing the other day, and I caught a BIG ONE!

Offline kimosabe

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #996 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 04:54 PM »
P1,300.00
if life has failed you, leave the cross you nailed to

Offline dexterc

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • CISCO Certified
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 254
« Reply #997 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 05:01 PM »
Turn off yung slash..Saw it sa music1 GB3 :-(

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #998 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 05:45 PM »
I haven't checked the forum lately, I did not know that the LOTR ROTK is already available locally, I had my brother-in-law buy it for me in Singapore for Singapore $50.00.

How much is it locally?

Pre, 44.90sgd ang price sa most of the shops dito sa Singapore.  Baka sa HMV binili kaya mas mahal.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #999 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 06:10 PM »

Pre, 44.90sgd ang price sa most of the shops dito sa Singapore.  Baka sa HMV binili kaya mas mahal.

naku.. mahal talaga sa HMV... try the other stores..  8)

got my LOTR ROTK dvd at Video City near Johnny Air Cargo... bakit P1300.00 instead of P1200.00 previous or last year's prices? may answers ba ang distributor.. di ko ma-scan ang buong thread..  :(

Offline Maxster

• Collector
  • I like DVD's music and Blu-rays.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1000 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 06:29 PM »
I have a feeling that this thread would only last until January of next year. Kasi by that time, kompleto na lahat ng LOTR na DVDs including the extended editions. hehehe. ;)

Offline DVDiva

• Kapitan
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1001 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 07:12 PM »
I'm glad they finally came out with it locally without further delays. Too bad about the slash, but at least it was only the clear plastic of the case. Did the paper of the cover get affected? By the way, just to clarify -- it isn't the VRB that puts the stickers. The local distributor buys the stickers from the VRB. It's the distributor that applies the stickers to the DVDs before sending them out to the shops.

Offline greatbop

• DVD Guru
  • I'm not a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1002 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 07:23 PM »

naku.. mahal talaga sa HMV... try the other stores..  8)

got my LOTR ROTK dvd at Video City near Johnny Air Cargo... bakit P1300.00 instead of P1200.00 previous or last year's prices? may answers ba ang distributor.. di ko ma-scan ang buong thread..  :(

currency depreciation...

Offline drojan

• Collector
  • hello
  • Liked:
« Reply #1003 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 08:24 PM »
juz got my lotr-rotk from tower records alabang.. the slashes are frustrating..but at least there are angles when it aint noticeable  :)

Offline newtype

• Collector
  • yo...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1004 on: Jun 04, 2004 at 11:36 PM »
is it me or parang mas mahina ung sound ng ROTK compared sa past 2 titles?

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1005 on: Jun 05, 2004 at 01:30 AM »

currency depreciation...

o - ay - see...  laki pa rin ng difference.  tsk tsk tsk tsk...

:)

Offline ThePatriot

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1006 on: Jun 06, 2004 at 09:06 AM »
di pa rin ako nakakakuha ng copy ko  :'( :'( :'( wala nang budget  ;D ;D ;D i'll try to get one tomorrow ...  :)

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1007 on: Jun 06, 2004 at 09:44 AM »
di pa rin ako nakakakuha ng copy ko  :'( :'( :'( wala nang budget  ;D ;D ;D i'll try to get one tomorrow ...  :)

brod ikaw pa ang mawalan, hehehe, mauuna pa siguro ang CB magbank-run ;D ;D ;D

Offline ThePatriot

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1008 on: Jun 06, 2004 at 02:58 PM »

brod ikaw pa ang mawalan, hehehe, mauuna pa siguro ang CB magbank-run ;D ;D ;D

;D ;D ;D actually brod, naghahanap ako sa marketplace na nagbebenta ng below astro price (1300), wala akong makita :( :( mukhang best price na nga yata tong nasa astro, baka kumuha na rin ako tomorrow :) see you tomorrow astro glorietta ...  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2004 at 03:00 PM by ThePatriot »

Offline toyfanatic

• DVD Addict
  • "ExEpTiOnAl ClArItY"
  • Liked:
« Reply #1009 on: Jun 07, 2004 at 08:42 AM »
I'm glad they finally came out with it locally without further delays. Too bad about the slash, but at least it was only the clear plastic of the case. Did the paper of the cover get affected? By the way, just to clarify -- it isn't the VRB that puts the stickers. The local distributor buys the stickers from the VRB. It's the distributor that applies the stickers to the DVDs before sending them out to the shops.

I thought wala na dapat mga VRB stickers as to what sir Firewired mentioned on other threads???

Offline greatness

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1010 on: Jun 07, 2004 at 09:49 AM »
got my copy at astro galeria, can't wait for the extended editon....
does this dvd have any easter eggs?

Offline greatbop

• DVD Guru
  • I'm not a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1011 on: Jun 07, 2004 at 02:43 PM »
Nope... the theatrical versions traditionally will not have any Easter Eggs... sa Extended Cut, it's possible that it'll have one. Although, wala atang spoof* ng LoTR sa MTV awards this year, so.. baka wala.

Possible na we can get the famous Canne Film Festival teaser rin.. only a few lucky people have seen it eh.

*traditional easter eggs ng Extended Cuts.

Offline ThePatriot

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1012 on: Jun 08, 2004 at 07:06 AM »
finally got my copy yesterday at astro glorietta ...  :) :) :)

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 347
« Reply #1013 on: Jun 09, 2004 at 07:17 AM »
Here's an update of sorts concerning the ROTK EE release date. 

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=5066

December na daw, and not November (unlike the FOTR EE and TTT EE release).  7 months to go...  :)
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2004 at 07:19 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline Geoffrey

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1014 on: Jun 09, 2004 at 02:12 PM »

currency depreciation...

Siguro yung 100pesos na increase ay para sa napaka cheap na poster ng C-interactive. Sa susunod dapat wag na nila ilagay pangalan nila...palpak naman kasi sila mag import >:(

Offline greatbop

• DVD Guru
  • I'm not a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1015 on: Jun 09, 2004 at 04:43 PM »
Here's an update of sorts concerning the ROTK EE release date. 

http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=5066

December na daw, and not November (unlike the FOTR EE and TTT EE release).  7 months to go...  :)

That is good news. Considering the original expected date was january of 2005.
« Last Edit: Jun 09, 2004 at 04:44 PM by greatbop »

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #1016 on: Jun 09, 2004 at 09:47 PM »
I thought wala na dapat mga VRB stickers as to what sir Firewired mentioned on other threads???

Yup, no more stickers according to Warner and Viva. Maybe C-Interactive wasn't properly informed.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline ThePatriot

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1017 on: Jun 10, 2004 at 08:11 PM »

Yup, no more stickers according to Warner and Viva. Maybe C-Interactive wasn't properly informed.

brod firewired, ibig bang sabihin nito, wala nang vrb sticker yung mga susunod na r1 releases dito sa tin? many thanks ...  :) :) :)

Offline cbs

• Collector
  • Don't be so humble. You are not that great.(GMeir)
  • Liked:
« Reply #1018 on: Jun 13, 2004 at 04:03 PM »

I bought my copy at Tower Records last Tuesday and hadn't notice the slash at the lower left hand corner of the disk. After reading this forum, I decided to return my dvd. After all, I hadn't opened it yet.

Just today, I returned the dvd and noticed new stocks piled up on the shelf. I offered to look for a "less damaged" one. After several minutes of meticulously checking all the stocks on the shelf for a good copy among all, and  I mean all "slashed" dvd's (you know, checking the plastic against the light and in every angle, etc.  hehe ::)), this saleslady approached me and gave me a new copy without a vrb sticker on it! It was pristine and sealed! Halleluia!  ;D Naawa o naiinis siguro sila sa akin kasi I really tried to look for a copy without the slash. Hehe. I learned today that it really pays to be meticulous! Anyway, it also made me wonder why I didn't ask for an "unslashed" copy in the first place. I guess I assumed they wouldn't have one.  But they did! ;)

But still, something as reckless as slashing a dvd cover is unforgivable! >:( Nag-flashback tuloy sa akin yung experience ko sa post office when the lady there slashed the cover of my package containing dvd's! Hay, nanlumo talaga ako kasi nasira yung cover! Very traumatic!   :(

Offline toyfanatic

• DVD Addict
  • "ExEpTiOnAl ClArItY"
  • Liked:
« Reply #1019 on: Jun 13, 2004 at 08:00 PM »

I bought my copy at Tower Records last Tuesday and hadn't notice the slash at the lower left hand corner of the disk. After reading this forum, I decided to return my dvd. After all, I hadn't opened it yet.

Just today, I returned the dvd and noticed new stocks piled up on the shelf. I offered to look for a "less damaged" one. After several minutes of meticulously checking all the stocks on the shelf for a good copy among all, and  I mean all "slashed" dvd's (you know, checking the plastic against the light and in every angle, etc.  hehe ::)), this saleslady approached me and gave me a new copy without a vrb sticker on it! It was pristine and sealed! Halleluia!  ;D Naawa o naiinis siguro sila sa akin kasi I really tried to look for a copy without the slash. Hehe. I learned today that it really pays to be meticulous! Anyway, it also made me wonder why I didn't ask for an "unslashed" copy in the first place. I guess I assumed they wouldn't have one.  But they did! ;)

But still, something as reckless as slashing a dvd cover is unforgivable! >:( Nag-flashback tuloy sa akin yung experience ko sa post office when the lady there slashed the cover of my package containing dvd's! Hay, nanlumo talaga ako kasi nasira yung cover! Very traumatic!   :(

congrats pare, kaninis talaga pag may vrb sticker......