Author Topic: The Lord Of The Rings DVDs  (Read 156724 times)

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Lord Of The Rings DVDs
« Reply #1170 on: Nov 04, 2004 at 07:19 PM »
hi BaD_BURN ..

can you post the webpage where you got the pix? big files ata brod. medyo mabagal mag load sa office internet namin.. 

:'( :'(

and the article also..  ;)
« Last Edit: Nov 04, 2004 at 07:24 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline BaD_BURN

• Collector
  • Overworked and underpaid
  • Liked:
« Reply #1171 on: Nov 06, 2004 at 10:00 AM »
I'll try to hunt it down, yung URL ng site where I get this screencaps. Even if you do manage to get into the site, you wont find screencaps from the DVD anymore kasi they were taken down as requested by the guys at the Weta Workshop. I did manage to download every (almost :P) caps that were posted before they were taken down. These are huge shots; the first batch I posted here, yung Sam and Frodo at the Crossroads and the confrontation between Gandalf and Saruman are unedited (meaning they weren't resized or anything). The second batch, with Eowyn and Faramir at the Houses of Healing/Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli at Pelargir and the Mouth of Sauron getting decapitated, those I've resized na. Pero seeing that they still load slowly on your connection, bigay mo lang sa akin yung email add mo and I'll gladly email you the caps. :)

On another note, I was running an errand for my teacher sa university namin (Southwestern University, in Cebu). He asked me to go to the IT division to ask for some technician. You won't believe what I saw when I walked through their door: they were watching the ROTK EE DVD!!! :o :o :o I s**t you not, people. For real, the unmistakable blue bookcase was there and everything. Apparently, the daughter of the university treasurer (who belongs to the family who owns the school, the Aznars) somehow got hold of a copy earlier than everybody else. I had to look away and went out as soon as I saw the scene where Legolas shoots Grima just not to spoil myself silly. I returned, however, a few hours later to ask the tech guy my teacher was asking for and was relieved (at the same time, kicking myself in the head for not staying a bit longer for a peek at it :P) that they weren't watching it anymore.
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2004 at 10:04 AM by BaD_BURN »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1172 on: Nov 06, 2004 at 10:12 AM »
bro, no prob.  ang tagal lang magdownload.. baka mahirapan ang ibang members. here at home, super bilis. :)

re the ROTK - EE, alam ko press/trade accounts copies are distributed 4-8 weeks from date of release. these are "specially" marked dvd sets to distinguish from standard releases. more often than not, it has a different packaging altogether.

have you closely checked the package and the booklet?

8)

Offline BaD_BURN

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1173 on: Nov 06, 2004 at 10:10 PM »
Sure enough, it was the blue bookcase spread open wide 3 feet away from me. The booklet was there, I swear, its the real thing. I texted Sir Parc from www.parconline.biz and he explained that they may have gotten it in retail stores in the States. If they were caught, heavy penalties would be meted out. This is clearly a violation of the street date, but what can you do. The Aznars are filthy rich. :P

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1174 on: Nov 14, 2004 at 07:17 AM »
wow ang ganda!!!!!  ;D

Offline BaD_BURN

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1175 on: Nov 18, 2004 at 09:41 PM »
Attention! :D

I'm guessing ito yung 3 minute plus ROTK EE preview they showed at the Comic Con last July. This time, sana, we get to see it in all its high quality QuickTime glory. :D No more screaming fan girls like in the bootleg trailer. :D Forget what you think you saw (the compressed 1-minute official ROTK EE trailer released weeks ago), this is the trailer to look out for. ;)

Offline diver

• DVD Guru
  • squeeze meee !!! quack quack
  • Liked:
« Reply #1176 on: Nov 18, 2004 at 09:50 PM »
WOW  :o Super lalaki ng picutres .... kawawa naman yung mga naka dial-up  ;D Nice pictures though  ;D
"Life is a work of art, designed by the one who lives it."

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1177 on: Nov 18, 2004 at 09:57 PM »
LORD OF THE RINGS - Return of the King Special Extended Edition Video Preview now available:

http://www.lordoftherings.net/homevideo/special_video.html?LOTR_ROTK_Extend
(No longer working)

50 minutes of added footage.. wow!! seems to me like an entirely new film...

8)

bro badburn, use link link link .. :)

8)

« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2004 at 10:09 PM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline dyobbs

• Apprentice
  • "Get Busy!"
  • Liked:
« Reply #1178 on: Nov 19, 2004 at 02:02 PM »
Benny hi,

Where can we get the Return of the king extended edition locally? Is astroplus distributing this?  O0

Offline slayer

• Collector
  • Spread the Irie
  • Liked:
« Reply #1179 on: Nov 19, 2004 at 02:22 PM »
Nice teasers for the ROTK EE. Nalo akong naexcite!!!  ;D
Scratch my TT!!

Offline sebman

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Guru
  • yes mi lord
  • Liked:
« Reply #1180 on: Nov 19, 2004 at 02:32 PM »
Nice teasers for the ROTK EE. Nalo akong naexcite!!!  ;D

ako din pre... awaiting for this release... kaya lang baka magkaroon talaga nung Cast and Crew na SEE... mas oks ata na hintayin yun a...  ::)   :D

Offline slayer

• Collector
  • Spread the Irie
  • Liked:
« Reply #1181 on: Nov 19, 2004 at 03:03 PM »
Masaya nako sa SEE... pero kung may makita tayong Cast and Crew version... WOWOW!!!
Scratch my TT!!

Offline ravencreed

• Collector
  • DVD ENTHUSIAST
  • Liked:
« Reply #1182 on: Nov 19, 2004 at 07:34 PM »
would there be any chance kaya na lumabas yung Cast & Crew version?

Offline BaD_BURN

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1183 on: Nov 20, 2004 at 07:46 PM »
Don't get your hopes up. Kaya nga tinawag na Cast and Crew, eh. Nobody's getting it except for them. :P

Offline Y_nott

• Apprentice
  • I want adventure in the great wide somewhere-belle
  • Liked:
« Reply #1184 on: Nov 21, 2004 at 12:53 AM »
Drool on, fanboys. :D

wow  :o am drooling now  ;D

these are great images... ang tagal lang matapos mag load ng pictures :( bagal kasi ng connections ko eh  :(
Lyf seems a succession of busy nothings - Austen

Offline james16

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1185 on: Nov 22, 2004 at 06:02 PM »
i can't wait.... ang tagal dumating nito....  ::) ::) ::)

Offline BaD_BURN

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1186 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 01:33 PM »
i can't wait.... ang tagal dumating nito....  ::) ::) ::)

Two weeks max (I hope :P) for those who pre-ordered from Sir Parc (www.parconline.biz). Dumating na kasi yung stocks ng Spider-Man 2 DVD niya (region 1) and he's been constantly updating obsessive LOTR fans na once the deliveries of the SM2 DVDs will be taken care of, ang hihintayin na lang is a confirmation from his supplier from the States na the ROTK EE DVDs are good to go. ;D Can't wait!

Offline james16

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1187 on: Nov 23, 2004 at 09:40 PM »
any new news updates????  ;D

Offline BaD_BURN

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1188 on: Nov 25, 2004 at 09:08 PM »
Email updates I've received so far from Sir Parc regarding the EE DVD of ROTK:

November 15, 2004

NOTE: Spider-Man 2 and Spider-Man 2 Giftset (with USA Release
date Nov. 30, 2004) expected to arrive within the week. Those
with orders, we will send you an advise thru text later this
week.

After Spider-Man 2, we will focus on LOTR ROTK Boxsets. We've
received daily inquiries regarding LOTR ROTK Boxsets. Please
be advised that as soon as we have confirmed details on price
and arrival from our suppliers, we will make our announcement.

November 18, 2004

Here are some of the new titles we expect to arrive. For your
inquiries and reservation pls text:

0917-6633860
0917-8118557
or email [email protected]:

Next Week: 11/22

SPIDER-MAN 2 WIDESCREEN
SPIDER-MAN 2 GIFTSET
SPIDER-MAN 2 SUPERBIT

Later this month:

LOTR ROTK EXTENDED 4/Disc
LOTR ROTK EXTENDED 5/Disc GIFTSET
BOURNE SUPREMACY
24 SEASON 3
DODGEBALL

By Mid-December 2004:

PRINCESS DIARIES 2
KING ARTHUR
MANCHURIAN CANDIDATE
SEX AND THE CITY SEASON 6 PART 2

For descriptions and other details, please send us an email
or SMS inquiry.

Thank you very much for your continued patronage!

Happy Holidays!

Weekly DVD Arrivals Archive:
http://www.parconline.biz/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=20

PARC
www.PARConline.Biz
We're More Than Your DVD Source!
[email protected]
IM: parc_cruz
660.34.75/669.64.02

0917.663.38.60/0917.811.85.57[/i]

« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2004 at 09:40 AM by PARC »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1189 on: Nov 26, 2004 at 01:07 AM »
bad burn.. i think what james16 meant when he asked about updates.. is if there are news regarding the boxsets or LOTR- ROTK..

di ba confidential yang mga updates from PARC este master PARC? i was surprised to see it posted.. 

???
« Last Edit: Nov 26, 2004 at 01:10 AM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline dyobbs

• Apprentice
  • "Get Busy!"
  • Liked:
« Reply #1190 on: Nov 26, 2004 at 08:50 AM »

bad_burn,

Would you know the prices? ;) How are these delivered?
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2004 at 09:38 AM by PARC »

Offline BaD_BURN

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1191 on: Nov 26, 2004 at 12:41 PM »
Whew! Daming questions. ;D

Okay...

hemisphere1234: I've no idea if dapat confidential yung updates from Sir Parc regarding upcoming DVD arrivals and stuff. All I know is when you sign up for the newsletter thru a Yahoo! group that he runs (forgot the name :P. Just check out www.parconline.biz), you will get regular updates about upcoming DVD titles and stuff, when they're expected to arrive, mga ganun. I dont see any reason why the updates have to be confidential. ???

dyobbs: be prepared to shell out around 2,600-2,800, like what Sir Parc told me. That would be for the 4 disc regular version. Deliveries are normally done on Thursdays (damn, I'm beginning to sound like I work for the guy ;D), for customers in Metro Manila and neighboring cities. For provincial customers, DVD pickup by DHL on Thursday and overnight shipping to arrive on Friday. Delivery fee is P60 for MM customers, P80 for provincial. Just go check out his site for complete, extensive FAQs.

james16: not much going on. But do check out the official LOTR site on November 29 for the world premiere of the six minute trailer for the ROTK EE DVD.

Hope I answered all your questions. ;)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1192 on: Nov 26, 2004 at 06:30 PM »

hemisphere1234: I've no idea if dapat confidential yung updates from Sir Parc regarding upcoming DVD arrivals and stuff. All I know is when you sign up for the newsletter thru a Yahoo! group that he runs (forgot the name :P. Just check out www.parconline.biz), you will get regular updates about upcoming DVD titles and stuff, when they're expected to arrive, mga ganun. I dont see any reason why the updates have to be confidential. ???

OT:  okay.. no prob. i know PARC and i have been purchasing DVDs from this great seller since last year. i was just thinking for days now.. if the message is not for public "consumption".. how come it is not posted in his marketplace thread?

anyhow.. hi PARC!!! Dito na ba si Deng sa Manila?

8)
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2004 at 02:28 AM by hemisphere1234 »

Offline james16

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1193 on: Nov 26, 2004 at 08:15 PM »
bad burn.. i think what james16 meant when he asked about updates.. is if there are news regarding the boxsets or LOTR- ROTK..

di ba confidential yang mga updates from PARC este master PARC? i was surprised to see it posted.. 

???

dats correct.... any news on boxsets or any other special features

Offline BaD_BURN

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1194 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 08:42 AM »
Ganun ba? I sincerely apologize if I inadvertently divulged info that was meant to be hush-hush. :( Sorry. :-\

On another note...RETURN OF THE KING SPECIAL EXTENDED EDITION DVD 6 MINUTE PREVIEW IS FRICKIN' HERE!!! ;D ;D ;D

Choose your bandwidth. B)  Right click on link then choose SAVE AS. Be sure to have QuickTime installed on your PC.

ROTK EE DVD 6 minute preview - Low

ROTK EE DVD 6 minute preview - High

Here's the transcript for the trailer (courtesy of TORN Ringer Spy WhiteLadyEowyn):

Transcript of the Return of the King Extended Edition Preview....
Hidden behind the cut, for length reasons, obviously!

Enjoy!

SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!!!!!!

(( Soundtrack music plays throughout trailer ))

Saruman: So you have come here for information.... I have some for you.
Something festers in the heart of Middle-earth.....something that you have failed to see. You are all going to die.

Sam: Mr. Frodo, what is it?
Frodo: Just a feeling......I don't think I'll be coming back.

Faramir: I would not use the Ring....not if Minas Tirith were falling in ruin and I alone could save her.
Denethor: Boromir would have brought me a kingly gift.

(( Frodo and Sam marching with the Orcs ))
Frodo( desperate sounding ): Sam, help me.

MOS: My master, Sauron the Great, bids thee welcome

Aragorn: Long have you hunted me.... Long have I elluded you. But no more. Behold the Sword of Elendil!

PJ: The Return of the King has always been the longest of the 3 movies. We had more footage for this movie than the other two, and so therefore,um, there were more choices available to us for the Extended Version.
So we went through and I applied the same rationale as I have on the previous 2 movies, which is to basically put in scenes that I thought would be fun for people to see.

Aragorn: You may go no further. You will not enter Gondor.
Corsair: Who are you to deny us passage?
Barrie Osborne: That was the most difficult thing to cut because, of course, the guy that gets shot is none other than our director, Peter Jackson.

EW: The things that end up getting cut out are the things that tend to be kind of character development moments, but I love those moments.
Eowyn: There is no warmth left in the Sun.
Faramir; Tis just the damp of the first Spring rain. I do not believe this darkness will endure.

PJ: The Mouth of Sauron is a particularly nice little sequence too....it's a memorable scene from the book.
EW: It's this very creepy, awful creature that's unlike anything that we've seen in the movie thus far.
MOS: I have a token I was bidden to show thee.
Pippin(gasping): Frodo...

Viggo: Additional material in the Paths of the Dead is significant.. And some of the words in that scene - many of them - are directly from the book, which I always like.
Legolas: You shall call them from the grey twilight... the forgotten people... The heir of him to whom the oath they swore. Need shall drive them. They shall pass the door to the Paths of the Dead.
Richard Taylor: If the scene wasn't amazing enough, Peter decided that, uh, within the catacombs, there should be this massive earthquake.
(Viggo calls out.)

Christopher Lee; And everyone, all over the world - I think I'm pretty safe in saying this - is waiting for the final confrontation between Saruman and the Fellowship. Well, in the Extended Version, they will see that.
Gandalf: Come down Saruman, and your life will be spared.
Saruman: Save your pity and your mercy, I have no use for it!

PJ: Let's face it, ROTK was always a little short, I mean, so, we did have to compensate, so we've now put an extra 50 minutes, I think, back in it. The 50 minutes of extra footage, basically equates to half of a major film, because within that 50 minutes, there's something like 300 extra visual effects shots.

PJ: Alongside the, the movie itself is obviously our Appendicies, our documentaries on the making of the film and they, too, come to a conclusion, and they chart the fulfillment of this project.

Rick Porras: Just like the Return of the King is the conclusion to what happens with the Fellowship, the Appendicies in the Extended cut is basically the conclusion to our own personal story in the making of these films.

Sean Astin: In terms of the audio commentary, and some of the behind the scenes footage, and these interviews, there's this unbelievable, loving living breathing archive, and, uh, I love that.
PJ: The documentaries, and the appendicies, on these Extended cuts has maintained the integrity and the quality of what we've tried to acheive with the feature films. We wanted our movies to be good and we wanted our documentaries to be good. And to just be able to share with people what we went through making this film.

Billy: Its almost as if someone made a family movie, while we were making the movie, so when we have kids ( meaning him and Dom ) - I don't mean together of course - we'll be albe to look at these things and say "This is what we did, you know, when we were in New Zealand.... Look at us.....Look how beautiful I am!"

Barrie: So for us, this is a really personal document, the DVD, that in a way especially the appendicies, documents this trip we've taken.

EW: It was an amazing experience, something I hold very close to my heart, so, the fans you know and all of us, can allow the films and the experience to sort of live on in these DVDs.

((Eagle Rescue song here ))
Sam: Mr. Frodo, there is light, and beauty up there, that no shadow can touch.

Merry; I know it is too late to turn aside, I know there is not much point now in hoping. (but) Im a Hobbit, and I know that I cant save Middle Earth. I just want to help my friends.....more than anything, I wish I could see them again.

(( Beacon music plays under this, no words ))

Gandalf: Go back to the Abyss......fall into the nothingness that awaits you and your Master!
WK: This is my hour!
[/b]

Cheers!  ;D

Offline PARC

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.flickr.com/photos/parc/
  • Liked:
« Reply #1195 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 09:37 AM »
Sorry, I only had time to browse through the site today. I didn't realize this was here since last week.

Bad_Burn - it's alright sir. This must be the one of the reasons why we received many inquiries last week.  Thanks for answering questions in behalf of me.

Hemisphere - As always, thanks for your concern sir. ;)

Anyway, to anyone interested, I will be announcing my stock's release on my mailing list.  I am also anticipating this kasi matrabaho talaga ito. Please email your inquiries to me na lang.

Thanks!

PARC
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2004 at 09:42 AM by PARC »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1196 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 11:04 AM »
Sorry, I only had time to browse through the site today. I didn't realize this was here since last week.

Hemisphere - As always, thanks for your concern sir. ;)

Anyway, to anyone interested, I will be announcing my stock's release on my mailing list.  I am also anticipating this kasi matrabaho talaga ito. Please email your inquiries to me na lang.

Thanks!

PARC

PARC, if you're okay.. im okay...  ;)

Bad Burn, you have the DTI and BFAD approval.. keep us posted.. just no big pix pls..  lol  ;D

thanks..
:)

Offline BaD_BURN

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1197 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 02:58 PM »
'Sensya na po sa lahat, especially to Sir Parc. :-\ ;D I'm just so psyched up kasi about this release, eh.

hemisphere1234 : Hehe. Sure. ;) I'll just resize them pics if I get my hands on new ones.

Offline james16

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1198 on: Dec 02, 2004 at 03:55 AM »
lalo akong nde makapaghintay nito....

this is the last must have-dvd that i'm waiting to purchase this year....

Offline sandman

• Collector
  • All your dreams ... in a fistful of sand.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1199 on: Dec 02, 2004 at 08:38 AM »
Im eagerly awaiting for my ROTK EE Gift Set order!!

Grabe, when that comes in, me and my family agreed to have a LOTR Marathon!!  Wow!!  This would be the first time I would sit down and watch a movie (with my family) for 8 hours!!  :o  :o  :o

Im eagerly awaiting the coming of Peter Jackson's King Kong next December!!