Author Topic: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer  (Read 406753 times)

Offline keeper

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer
« Reply #330 on: Oct 28, 2009 at 07:16 PM »
no problems encountered wid my onkyo 606 AVR. Setup was a breeze ;)
ONKYO606.WHARF 10.6,9CM,9DFS,PSW125.TOSH HDA35,XDE500,PCHA200, PANA AX200

Offline Bitstream

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer - now in stock!
« Reply #331 on: Oct 28, 2009 at 07:33 PM »
un lang.. i plan to connect it on my denon 1910. until now problem parin ba to?

There is no "across-the-board" problem with Denon AVRs.  Looks like an isolated case....
which may have been caused by the HDMI cable.

Offline disturbed

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #332 on: Oct 28, 2009 at 07:36 PM »
ok sya sa 1909 ko

Offline Beefy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #333 on: Oct 30, 2009 at 11:37 AM »
I'm interested in this unit however I read some issues with noisy fans and heat concerns that's why a cooling solution(heat sink?) was built as an accessory?

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #334 on: Oct 30, 2009 at 11:43 AM »
the fan is not noisy at all..ewan ko ba sa iba baka masyado lang ma reklamo haha..when I lay it on the side nde na sya mainit..pag nakatayo kasi with the stand naka block yung airflow eh

Offline natosan

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #335 on: Oct 30, 2009 at 12:04 PM »
from where i sit which is about 10ft away, di ko napapansin ang fan noise. naka-set ako sa high fan speed. mas maingay pa aircon ko na nasa side nya. and with the sound coming out from your TV or HT, i doubt you'll notice it unless you'll really really "look" for the fan noise.

Offline Beefy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #336 on: Oct 30, 2009 at 12:20 PM »
Even if walang internal drive mainit pa rin? Di ba weird pag naka side?

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #337 on: Oct 30, 2009 at 12:20 PM »
I'm interested in this unit however I read some issues with noisy fans and heat concerns that's why a cooling solution(heat sink?) was built as an accessory?

Noisy fans were only in Batch #1 of the production - none of which were shipped to the Philippines.  Xtreamer has been using a different fan since Production Batch #2.

A heat sink is not necessary - but it's an option for those who feel that they need (or want) one.  Personally, I can't hear it from 6' away unless I'm actually straining to hear it.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #338 on: Oct 30, 2009 at 12:28 PM »
Even if walang internal drive mainit pa rin? Di ba weird pag naka side?

There is no need to put it on its side.... but you can if you want to.

There is no issue with the fan "being blocked" by the base.  A high-speed fan is used in the Xtreamer - and it generates sufficient air-flow.  Extensive testing of the design was done before production specs were finalized.

What's important is to:
a)  keep the Xtreamer away from direct sunlight
b)  keep the ambient (room) temperature comfortable
c)  switch the fan to HIGH when watching 1080p content (w/c I don't do because my room is cold)
d)  don't worry too much  ;D

Offline piggyback

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #339 on: Oct 30, 2009 at 12:51 PM »
this looks nice :D

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Xtreamer - Inventory status and.... the Long-Weekend Special!
« Reply #340 on: Oct 30, 2009 at 02:55 PM »
Uh-oh.  Inventory is beginning to run low. 
If you want an Xtreamer better order now.
There may be a gap in availability if the
Xtreamer goes out-of-stock.

If you want an Xtreamer in time for the long
weekend ahead, head over to the Marketplace
and look for the Long-Weekend Special

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Web Browser for the Xtreamer?
« Reply #341 on: Oct 30, 2009 at 08:12 PM »

Quote from 'mavvy' on the Xtreamer Official Forum (forum.xtreamer.net)

Something else to keep you busy for the weekend: our admin mentioned that we can be optimistic about a web browser feature soon. No more details about that but given that there is no keyboard/mouse support (yet) you might wonder how to use that feature. Well... just to keep your imagination busy for a while

Offline disturbed

• DVD Guru
  • Music as a Weapon
  • Liked:
« Reply #342 on: Oct 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM »
the 2.0 fw is a bit delayed..last time i checked they will release the final on the first week of nov..nov 7 onwards i suppose..

Offline stat

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #343 on: Oct 31, 2009 at 11:06 PM »
Can I use my xtreamer for direct downloading of media? I mean pwede nang iturn off yung laptop and yung xtreamer lang ang naka on? noob here  :)

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Transmission BT Client
« Reply #344 on: Nov 01, 2009 at 07:46 AM »
Can I use my xtreamer for direct downloading of media? I mean pwede nang iturn off yung laptop and yung xtreamer lang ang naka on? noob here  :)

A hacker took a peek into the Xtreamer firmware and found that the Transmission BitTorrent client is incorporated, but has not been enabled by Xtreamer.  As of today, we still don't know whether the function will be officially enabled. Read on below on speculation as to why Xtreamer might be reluctant to enable it:

From 'drdsouza' on the Xtreamer Forum (forum.xtreamer.net):

As I mentioned before, besides Xtreamer, I also have a Zinwell ZP-500, and the firmware
for this device is pretty much the standard Realtek SDK.

Additionally, Zinwell ZP-500 and Astone AP-100 are exactly the same devices (with
interchangeable firmwares).

Astone firmware 1.72 (released recently) already included a Torrent Client (probably the
one included in the Realtek SDK).

You may want to check the Torrent client screenshots below. These screenshots were
took from a Zinwell ZP-500 running Astone firmware 1.72 and they were posted by a user
in a Brazilian forum  (http://www.htforum.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1989296&postcount=526).

As you can see this is a pretty basic Torrent client, and currently it includes a hard-limit
for download speed of 25 KB/s!!!

So, if this torrent client comes with Realtek SDK, now I can say I understand why
Xtreamer would be reluctant in including it in Xtreamer. In fact this limit
of 25 KB/s makes this client totally useless...

Me:  It's not a problem of a BT client being unavailable to Xtreamer... it seems to be part of the standard Realtek Software Development Kit (SDK) provided to manufacturers who use Realtek chipsets in their media players. Rather, it appears that Xtreamer is unwilling to enable a feature with poor performance.  This will not meet users' expectations and will ultimately be detrimental to Xtreamer.  I may be wrong - but so far, it seems to make sense.

What do you think?

« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2009 at 07:47 AM by Bitstream »

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
Re: Transmission BT Client
« Reply #345 on: Nov 01, 2009 at 09:04 AM »
A hacker took a peek into the Xtreamer firmware and found that the Transmission BitTorrent client is incorporated, but has not been enabled by Xtreamer.  As of today, we still don't know whether the function will be officially enabled. Read on below on speculation as to why Xtreamer might be reluctant to enable it:

From 'drdsouza' on the Xtreamer Forum (forum.xtreamer.net):

As I mentioned before, besides Xtreamer, I also have a Zinwell ZP-500, and the firmware
for this device is pretty much the standard Realtek SDK.

Additionally, Zinwell ZP-500 and Astone AP-100 are exactly the same devices (with
interchangeable firmwares).

Astone firmware 1.72 (released recently) already included a Torrent Client (probably the
one included in the Realtek SDK).

You may want to check the Torrent client screenshots below. These screenshots were
took from a Zinwell ZP-500 running Astone firmware 1.72 and they were posted by a user
in a Brazilian forum  (http://www.htforum.com/vb/showpost.php?p=1989296&postcount=526).

As you can see this is a pretty basic Torrent client, and currently it includes a hard-limit
for download speed of 25 KB/s!!!

So, if this torrent client comes with Realtek SDK, now I can say I understand why
Xtreamer would be reluctant in including it in Xtreamer. In fact this limit
of 25 KB/s makes this client totally useless...

Me:  It's not a problem of a BT client being unavailable to Xtreamer... it seems to be part of the standard Realtek Software Development Kit (SDK) provided to manufacturers who use Realtek chipsets in their media players. Rather, it appears that Xtreamer is unwilling to enable a feature with poor performance.  This will not meet users' expectations and will ultimately be detrimental to Xtreamer.  I may be wrong - but so far, it seems to make sense.

What do you think?

Looking at the Torrent client screenshots in the link, the screen shots look almost like exactly the Torrent client in my HD Pro player--with some differences in the settings page--so it looks like a standard Torrent client from Realtek.

The most notable difference is that there is NO HARD LIMIT to the download speed (but there is a setting to provide a limit, if desired, in the settings page). I'm doing a test download now and it has reached speeds of 170KBps with 83 peers. It seems then that the hard limit was just imposed by Astone/Zinwell.

« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2009 at 09:17 AM by gaol »

Offline kelz

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #346 on: Nov 01, 2009 at 11:38 AM »
I'm getting maximum speed of 380kbps sa source ko. But 25kbps? Tama si Bitstream di bale na lang.  :)  Baka malaspag pa yung xtreamer sa tagal nun lalo na puro mkv's lang ang interest ko.

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #347 on: Nov 01, 2009 at 12:25 PM »
I'm getting maximum speed of 380kbps sa source ko. But 25kbps? Tama si Bitstream di bale na lang.  :)  Baka malaspag pa yung xtreamer sa tagal nun lalo na puro mkv's lang ang interest ko.

Mukha ngang the 25KBps limit is not necessarily true as reported by the forumer in the extreamer forum... there may be other reasons why extreamer has not (yet?) implemented torrent functions unlike HD Pro and possibly other realtek media players.
« Last Edit: Nov 01, 2009 at 12:32 PM by gaol »

Offline young_Miklo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #348 on: Nov 01, 2009 at 02:37 PM »
to other users of this media player, how's the volume of dts mkv files on your non-digital speakers? Yung sakin kasi I connected it via composite cable, and ang hina nung volume. Naka max na, pero medyo mahina pa din. Pero sa speakers ko sa room na may optical and dts capable, ok naman.

Offline kelz

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #349 on: Nov 01, 2009 at 02:42 PM »
^^ sa akin din mahina yung volume when output is through the standard av cables.

Magkakaron kaya ito ng subtitle font option just like nung sa wdtv?

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
FW Ver 2.0 and 2.1 features
« Reply #350 on: Nov 01, 2009 at 03:47 PM »
^^ sa akin din mahina yung volume when output is through the standard av cables.

Magkakaron kaya ito ng subtitle font option just like nung sa wdtv?

Here's the answer to your question on subtitle font...

New features:

- New HD GUI (expect XBMC wide icon inside folders, XMJ mechanism embedded inside the firmware and very impressive Music JukeBox that supports full Internet radio)
- New internet radio (live radio + shoutcast ) – pictures available at Xtreamer forum
- Powerful music jukebox that fully supports PLS  http://http://img38.imageshack.us/i/newjukbox.jpg/
- BD ISO support with hopefully Blu Ray menus
- HD Audio pass-through (confirmed later into Xtreamer forum)
- Ability to select SRT files from the media library and define the desired font for the subtitle and system (by manualy selecting .TTF font)
- Support .IDX + .SUB

Improved features/bug fixes:
- Core system speed
- Core elements such as playback
- More efficient chipset workflow
- Faster networking speed in both wired and wireless

New features:
- XMJ integrated with support for music + movies + pictures cover art
- Folder playback (you will be able to get info OSD about any file or even play directly the contents of folders by clicking PLAY on the RC while you are on the media library).Improved features/bug fixes

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #351 on: Nov 01, 2009 at 04:05 PM »
to other users of this media player, how's the volume of dts mkv files on your non-digital speakers? Yung sakin kasi I connected it via composite cable, and ang hina nung volume. Naka max na, pero medyo mahina pa din. Pero sa speakers ko sa room na may optical and dts capable, ok naman.

This is discussed in the Xtreamer Official Forum; the "weak volume" is directly attributable to the data stream being sent to the audio system.

Set the Xtreamer for 2-channel output instead of 5.1 surround audio.

The volume control on you Xtreamer RC should work... try adjusting it. 

Click on the link to visit the Xtreamer Official Forum:   forum.xtreamer.net

Offline kelz

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #352 on: Nov 01, 2009 at 05:08 PM »
Thanks for the Reply Bitstream. I played a 720p mkv of Up, and ang ganda ng picture. Unlike nung sa wdtv, medyo matapang yung kulay and the brightness of the mkv's differ, lalo na sa animated movies. Dito stable yung picture. Thanks kay ditoy_eagle for referring this player to me.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #353 on: Nov 01, 2009 at 06:36 PM »
Thanks for the Reply Bitstream. I played a 720p mkv of Up, and ang ganda ng picture. Unlike nung sa wdtv, medyo matapang yung kulay and the brightness of the mkv's differ, lalo na sa animated movies. Dito stable yung picture. Thanks kay ditoy_eagle for referring this player to me.

Great to hear good reviews.  Enjoy your movies!

Offline stat

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #354 on: Nov 02, 2009 at 11:08 AM »
This is discussed in the Xtreamer Official Forum; the "weak volume" is directly attributable to the data stream being sent to the audio system.

Set the Xtreamer for 2-channel output instead of 5.1 surround audio.

The volume control on you Xtreamer RC should work... try adjusting it. 

Click on the link to visit the Xtreamer Official Forum:   forum.xtreamer.net

Meron pala volume controle sa remote. I adjusted it and ok na yung volume level. Thanks! Ok yung quality ng DTS files kahit sa analog speakers lang. Dami features, sulit na sulit for its price. Can't wait for the firmware update.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
eTRAYz videos on new Xtreamer homepage
« Reply #355 on: Nov 02, 2009 at 03:56 PM »
The Xtreamer homepage has changed quite a bit.

Check out new eTRAYz videos at www.xtreamer.net

Owning an eTRAYz has many benefits that extend beyond the world of entertainment.
The neat videos show us how we can justify buying one  ;D

Offline jetro

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #356 on: Nov 02, 2009 at 05:13 PM »
I am trying 2.0.0 beta 4 firmware.  All the features promised is in and it's looking good so far.  what i like
    - HD menu
    - Internet improvements.  Addition of internet radio and some improvement on streaming video.
    - Sound output to optical is now always on, no need to turn off the hdmi off.  but with some issues*

what i don't like:
    - navigating to a disk folder is noticeably slower
    - hdmi audio turns-on on power up, even if you set it to 'off' the last time it was used.  worst is that when you look at the setting it would indicate 'off' but sound is coming out from your tv (when hdmi-connected to tv of course, not much of an issue when hdmi-connected to an a/v receiver).  the workaround is to re-set it to off or turn it to on then off again.

so far the benefits far outweighs 'issues'. firmware version 2.0 is promised on nov. 6 so it might be a good idea to wait for it.  me, i'm staying with the beta for now.   

Offline Bogsle

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Bogs
  • Liked:
« Reply #357 on: Nov 03, 2009 at 12:53 AM »
here it is sir >

title                                             size                date
concert eagles farewell tour 2005 720p     11,310,422,016    2009-05-23

Sige po, hanapin natin to and subukan.

Wish me luck.

Sorry I could not respond to this query anymore.
« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2009 at 12:55 AM by Bogsle »

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Wide Banner Icons for Xtreamer
« Reply #358 on: Nov 03, 2009 at 06:57 PM »

Check this out... cool new feature in FW Ver 2.0

http://xtreamer.net/generalInner.aspx?CatID=1072

Offline Bitstream