Author Topic: Plasma vs LCD ?  (Read 270432 times)

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
Re: Plasma vs LCD ?
« Reply #690 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 09:41 AM »
I think we stay with Plasma vs LCD.   Front Projectors are of different breed kumbaga, and cant be truly compared with Flat Panels.

I own a front PJ and a Plasma.  For sheer Wow factor, nothing beats out a front PJ.   

Here are some screenshots from my projectors:  Panny ae900, Pannyax200 and Panny ae2000.

SCREENSHOTS

ei thanks for the link .. ;D
awesome setup btw  :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline ericag_ph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #691 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 11:18 AM »
Don't need to own a Plasma to see "burn-in" for myself.  I just need a pair of EYES  ::)

To answer your question:  Saw it in a shop running a movie 7x8 hrs a day.
Western, SM Mega, model Hitachi around the time I was buying either Plasma or LCD.  (Chose LCD thanks to the Hitachi "burn-in")  I mentioned that in a posting above I think.  Salesman even said it (Hitachi) had anti-burn-in features.    Didn't look like it (the feature) even worked to me...
and I'm just a "simple" buyer.  :P

The recent poster mentioned he has a Panasonic PV8...that looks like "HBO" burned-in to his Plasma. Is that a NEW model or an old 2006 model?

You guys (the Plasma owners) are quick to conclude that it is definitely IR even though you haven't seen his Panasonic PV8...   ::)

So from a "simple" buyers' perspective...what's the difference? I don't see it?
It looks like another term for the same thing.

From what you and everyone who is happy with their Plasma...are saying temporary Image Retention is not burn-in ==>  So how long is temporary?   ???  Is temporary a month? two months?  One year? 2 years?  Because if it takes one month for it to go away because it is "temporary", is that 31x24=744  hrs of continuous watching?  ??? 
Which in daily life might mean 744 days if I watch only an hour a day.

It is starting to look to me that temporary and permanent isn't so different - if it takes that long.

Those are valid questions anyone comparing LCD "vs" Plasma would need answers to.

If you, or any of the "happy" Plasma owners cannot answer that, then who else can?  The LCD owner who did his "research" ?  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

I don't think the poster who owns the Plasma Panasonic PV8 is very happy right now, considering
it only took three hours to get an HBO mark on his screen. 
Even if it goes away, he'll likely be quite careful from now on...and worry about it happening again.

Saan kaba nakita na meron burn in na panasonic plasma? Do you own one? Did you base your review on others review too? article or base on actual research?

Burn in means di na natatangal yung image. Meron ba sa mga new models na kita mo? You mean your reffering to all plasma, like pioneer, panasonic, samsung etc?

« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2008 at 12:43 PM by ericag_ph »

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #692 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 11:28 AM »
did I just experience image burn?  I forgot to turn off my plasma last night while watching HBO and I fell asleep.  When I woke up, that's about 3 hours and swicthed to a blank screen, I noticed that the logo of HBO was there.  How can I get rid of it, I'm afraid that it's already stucked there.

Im using Panasonic Pv8 by the way.

busabos has not posted yet since he posted this comment .. i think we need to wait for this guy to update us regarding this issue ..
just to see if its a IR or BI issue ..
ninjababez online ..

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #693 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 12:24 PM »
You completely missed the point I was making.  ;D  ;D  ;D

It's an LCD "vs" Plasma discussion...so..any "arguments" here isn't necessarily for me,
but for anyone who might think Plasma with its "heavenly PQ" which now seems to me to be the only thing going for it, doesn't come without its "achilles' heel"...

I keep seeing "Plasma pa rin"... and ...hmmm...
guess what...even more "Plasma  pa rin" statements...
without any other useful facts to a would-be buyer presented...
...so I fail to see why....plasma pa rin

Can a would-be buyer seeing only "Plasma pa rin" statements go with just that?  ::)

So I'd like to know why  "Plasma pa rin" ;D

I'm curious  ;D  ;D  ;D

Naturally, the same applies to LCD of course.  ;D

I will still go for Plasma..  If you're too worried about IR or BI, then go for the other technologies.. No one is stopping you..  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2008 at 12:33 PM by ericag_ph »

Offline busabos

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #694 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 12:40 PM »
I just watched 2 fulll screen dvd movies and the IR or IB whatever you call it is gone  ;D.  I think image burn is really not an issue anymore, and what I experienced was a simple image retention (can't get away if you have a plasma tv).

To answer the question of the co member above; I'm still very happy with my plasma tv, but he's right I'll be more cautious to make sure that it won't lead to IB.

Thanks to all who posted!
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2008 at 12:42 PM by busabos »

Offline surg

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #695 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 12:45 PM »
did I just experience image burn?  I forgot to turn off my plasma last night while watching HBO and I fell asleep.  When I woke up, that's about 3 hours and swicthed to a blank screen, I noticed that the logo of HBO was there.  How can I get rid of it, I'm afraid that it's already stucked there.

This is what I'm afraid of coz my kids watch cartoon network a lot and cartoon network also had a logo on the channel. In fact, most cable channels had logos so if BI is still a problem with plasma, then the screen will be full of channel logos!
So, ano na ba talaga ang totoo? Is BI still an issue with plasma ???

Offline surg

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #696 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 12:47 PM »
I just watched 2 fulll screen dvd movies and the IR or IB whatever you call it is gone  ;D.  I think image burn is really not an issue anymore, and what I experienced was a simple image retention (can't get away if you have a plasma tv).

To answer the question of the co member above; I'm still very happy with my plasma tv, but he's right I'll be more cautious to make sure that it won't lead to IB.

Thanks busabos! your reply make my day :)

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #697 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 12:55 PM »
both units has its pros and cons ..
and most people here already know that ..
thats why they are happy with their purchase .. 
ninjababez online ..

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #698 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 12:56 PM »

The recent poster mentioned he has a Panasonic PV8...that looks like "HBO" burned-in to his Plasma. Is that a NEW model or an old 2006 model?

You guys (the Plasma owners) are quick to conclude that it is definitely IR even though you haven't seen his Panasonic PV8...   ::)

So from a "simple" buyers' perspective...what's the difference? I don't see it?
It looks like another term for the same thing.

From what you and everyone who is happy with their Plasma...are saying temporary Image Retention is not burn-in ==>  So how long is temporary?   ???  Is temporary a month? two months?  One year? 2 years?  Because if it takes one month for it to go away because it is "temporary", is that 31x24=744  hrs of continuous watching?  ??? 
Which in daily life might mean 744 days if I watch only an hour a day.

It is starting to look to me that temporary and permanent isn't so different - if it takes that long.

I don't think the poster who owns the Plasma Panasonic PV8 is very happy right now, considering
it only took three hours to get an HBO mark on his screen. 
Even if it goes away, he'll likely be quite careful from now on...and worry about it happening again.

What burn-in??  ;D ;D ;D

This settles it.     Now that it is proven by a Plasma user that it is indeed Image Retention (it took a day, may be less, for me seconds lang, right after some scene changes)...who wants to move on and forget about the IR/BI issue ??    Im in.... ;D ;D

Offline alvinh

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy your gears. Have fun in your journey.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #699 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 01:03 PM »
I got my 46" Bravia LCD and happy that I was able to address the reflection issue ( for daytime viewing ). However, I am not happy with the motion blur I get from time to time. Last movie I watched was Ocean's Thirteen SD played back on BD30. There was a segment where the cam panned slowly, showing the faces of the characters towards the end. Whoa! I got a headache. >:(

Learn the technology but also learn to trust your ears and eyes...and enjoy the journey.

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #700 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 01:30 PM »
That settles it indeed  ;)

There is still "Image Retention" aka Temporary Burn-In in Plasma TVs (at least the Panasonic Pv8).

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #701 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 01:45 PM »
I got my 46" Bravia LCD and happy that I was able to address the reflection issue ( for daytime viewing ). However, I am not happy with the motion blur I get from time to time. Last movie I watched was Ocean's Thirteen SD played back on BD30. There was a segment where the cam panned slowly, showing the faces of the characters towards the end. Whoa! I got a headache. >:(

Is it really motion blur?  You might be referring to judder.

Motion blur appears on old LCDs during fast motion, due to slow response times.  Newer LCDs have much faster response times, so motion blur is no longer a problem these days.  

On LCD, fast action causes motion blur; slow pans cause judder.  On slow pans, judder appears as choppy, stuttering motion instead of a smooth, flowing pan. 

You were referring to a slow pan, so you probably saw judder, not motion blur.  Terminologies are confusing because some authors on internet sites write "motion blur" when they really mean "judder".

If judder on LCD annoys you, be advised that plasmas also have judder artifacts (On high contrast areas, plasma would be even worse, since plasma's "green phosphor lag" artifact would sometimes appear). 

The judder problem is caused by the conversion of film, which has a frequency of 24 fps (frames per second) to video, with 30 fps (NTSC) or 25 fps (PAL).  This transfer needs a framerate conversion, called "pulldown", and it's the pulldown process that causes the judder.

Today, they have motion interpolation software such as Sony's Motionflow that reduce judder.  But make sure you demo it carefully.  You might not like the side-effects of anti-judder software.

I saw a Philips demo of its motion interpolation tech, which it calls "DNM" (Digital Natural Motion). 

On Philips' DNM, video-based sources look good and judder-free even on very slow pans.  Film-based sources are also judder-free; however, the drawback is that they look obviously unnatural, as if the big-budget Hollywood movie became a home video shot on a cheap handycam.

The best alternative for home video would be to view the 24fps film on 24fps video, to enable a 1:1 framerate, without pulldown.  This is possible with a Blu-ray player and TV that support 24p (24 frames per second), usually referred to these days as "1080p, 24p" or "1080/24p".

You will still see judder, but it's only slight, the same minor judder you would see on film in the movie theater.  Yes, film also has slight judder, but it's the good judder on 24fps, not the bad judder from telecine pulldown.

Here's an article for more info:

Six things you need to know about 120Hz LCD TVs
By David Carnoy
Executive editor, CNET Reviews
(October 25, 2007)

" ... Eliminating judder is not for everyone. Judder is part of what makes film look like film, so when you remove it, it starts to look like video. Now, some folks like the look of video and contend that it looks more true-to-life. Both Matthew Moskovciak and I are judder-free fans. On the other hand, David Katzmaier likes the effect only in certain scenes--he generally prefers to leave it turned off during Hollywood films and turned on for some other film-based content, such as the nature documentary Planet Earth-- ... "

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6792632-1.html

On the linked article, note the author's discussion about the terms motion blur and judder:

"To be clear, motion blur and judder are two different beasts. However, they seem to be getting lumped together because both involve the clarity and stability of the image."

« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2008 at 04:54 PM by barrister »

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #702 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 01:47 PM »
I'd try playing the same source on a PC, an see if you get the same slow-panning.
It could be the player (experienced it using a Xenon), the disc (if it is bad), or the display device (LCD).

« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2008 at 01:49 PM by ericag_ph »

Offline Bolshoie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #703 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 02:36 PM »
Just want to clarify lang, wala namang break in period ang LCD right? plasma lang (or used to be)

Im not really sure kung judder or motion blur naexperience ko while rotating the camera view while playing sa PS3, parang na stuck sandali yung picture and i felt dizzyness after :)

Offline alvinh

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy your gears. Have fun in your journey.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #704 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 02:59 PM »
Thanks for the explanation Barrister.
Yup. Based on your description of judder, it is exactly what I experienced then.
I was hoping that plasma would be immune to this judder. At any rate, I'm still dreaming of having one (plasma) later.

I'll do some tests based on yours and ericag_ph's suggestions.
Would you know off hand if Sony 46w300 and the BD30 would allow for enabling 1:1 framerate without pulldown?
If I remember correctly, my flat panel displayed 24p when I watched a movie one time.
I don't know if that means both the player and the TV are 24p or if that means that the TV is 24p capable.
I believe that the 46w300 has 24p and Motionflow. Will review the manuals.  :)
Learn the technology but also learn to trust your ears and eyes...and enjoy the journey.

Offline ricomambo18

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #705 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 04:09 PM »
I'd try playing the same source on a PC, an see if you get the same slow-panning.

Or try using text scroll screensaver on your PC; or try watching news on TV with flash reports scrolling at the bottom.  :)

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #706 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 04:22 PM »
This is what I'm afraid of coz my kids watch cartoon network a lot and cartoon network also had a logo on the channel. In fact, most cable channels had logos so if BI is still a problem with plasma, then the screen will be full of channel logos!
So, ano na ba talaga ang totoo? Is BI still an issue with plasma ???

i did not break in properly my plasma tv coz i hate watching movies in zoom. my kids watch cartoon network and play ps2 most of the time. image retention is there but it goes away after you switch channels. i'm not too concerned about that anymore.

suvarnabhumi airport in bangkok is filled with samsung plasma tv, even the money changer's display ;D. i can't remember how old is their airport but until now i have not seen burn-in on their monitors. FYI, i travel IN and OUT of bangkok every 28 days so i can check some of them regularly

« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2008 at 04:28 PM by GneW »

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #707 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 05:30 PM »
Would you know off hand if Sony 46w300 and the BD30 would allow for enabling 1:1 framerate without pulldown?
If I remember correctly, my flat panel displayed 24p when I watched a movie one time.
I don't know if that means both the player and the TV are 24p or if that means that the TV is 24p capable.

I tried googling for you, and my google hits say that the Pana DMP-BD30EG-K is 1080/24p capable, but I didn't get any hits about 24p capability on the 46w300.

I haven't tried 24p.  I just enjoy reading about home video tech and keeping myself up to date.

But as far as I've read, you start with a disc encoded in 24p, play it back on a 24p capable player, and view it on a 24p capable display.

I was hoping that plasma would be immune to this judder. At any rate, I'm still dreaming of having one (plasma) later.

If you want to demo both judder and green phosphor lag on a plasma, bring along an I, Robot DVD with you when you go to a TV store and play this clip: Chap. 10, Time: 25:35 to 25:57.  Look at the robots.
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2008 at 05:44 PM by barrister »

Offline GioSpike

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • "It's showtime!"
  • Liked:
« Reply #708 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 06:32 PM »
I tried googling for you, and my google hits say that the Pana DMP-BD30EG-K is 1080/24p capable, but I didn't get any hits about 24p capability on the 46w300.

I haven't tried 24p.  I just enjoy reading about home video tech and keeping myself up to date.

But as far as I've read, you start with a disc encoded in 24p, play it back on a 24p capable player, and view it on a 24p capable display.

If you want to demo both judder and green phosphor lag on a plasma, bring along an I, Robot DVD with you when you go to a TV store and play this clip: Chap. 10, Time: 25:35 to 25:57.  Look at the robots.

I've watched that scene.  Another reason kaya hindi rin ako nagtagal sa 42PV8, very noticeable yung green phosphor. 

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #709 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 06:42 PM »
Hmm... interesting.  I have I,Robot. 
It's the best SD-DVD I have seen on a projector in terms of PQ (I definitely don't recall issues
with it on an LCD projector).  I even use it as a demo for visitors.

I'll try this on an LCD TV.  ;D

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #710 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 07:01 PM »
Nope, no break-in for LCD.  However, it has been suggested to lower the brightness level, since it is usually at maximum when fresh out of the box.  By doing this, it may extend the life of the back-light of the LCD panel.

I haven't experienced judder or motion blur on any LCD though.  I'd try repeating it and see if it happens again.  ;D

The dizzyness...aka "vertigo" (a specific type of dizziness, a major symptom of a balance disorder. It is the sensation of spinning or swaying while the body is stationary with respect to the surroundings.) is quite common in first-person games even on PCs.

Just want to clarify lang, wala namang break in period ang LCD right? plasma lang (or used to be)

Im not really sure kung judder or motion blur naexperience ko while rotating the camera view while playing sa PS3, parang na stuck sandali yung picture and i felt dizzyness after :)
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2008 at 07:02 PM by ericag_ph »

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #711 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 07:10 PM »
Now I'm finally confused  ;D
I am just dying to see someone post once more "Plasma pa rin"!!   ;D

I thought that Plasma gave absolutely the best PQ, a tad better, over a calibrated LCD?
So I'm now wondering, what is this green phosphor issue with Plasma?   ???

And from the previous postings... It even retains images...like "HBO" on the screen if left running for 3 hours on the HBO channel.

And I'd have to watch in zoom mode and adjust contrast levels to 50% less for 200 hours, turn black bars to gray color, just to break-in a Plasma.
(Which in my case is 200 days from the time I would buy it, if I would only watch 1 hour per day).

Really, I think that is just way too much work for a simple buyer.  :P

So how can Plasma say it has the best PQ now?  ???

If I understand the claims here correctly Plasma has the best PQ...but...but...it seems to clear to me now...
it is best as long as you don't experience the Image retention and green phosphor..and judder?  ..and only after you break it in 200 hrs later...

Did I get that right?

« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2008 at 07:42 PM by ericag_ph »

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #712 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 08:01 PM »
I thought that Plasma gave absolutely the best PQ, a tad better, over a calibrated LCD?
So I'm now wondering, what is this green phosphor issue with Plasma?   ???

Green phosphor lag is an old issue with plasma, still unresolved until now.  I'm the only one who keeps mentioning it here.  In fact, sir GioSpike is the only other member in this forum who has noticed it, as far as I know.

Plasma has red, green and blue phosphors.  The green phosphor is slower than the red and blue, so it lags behind during fast motion.  But it is only noticeable on high contrast areas, such as black on a white background.

To be able to see it, you need the proper video clip, and you should know what to look for.  But once you see it, I guarantee that you will always notice it whenever it appears.  :D

The only way to remedy the problem is for the manufacturers to develop a new, faster green phosphor.  I haven't heard of any such plans.  That's why I'm not too keen on upgrading my EDTV. :P

The manufacturers are too busy with resolution and contrast ratio to give attention to green phosphor, because it's the customers who are looking for resolution and contrast ratio.  It's the old problem of marketing vs. engineering... the marketing department usually wins.

====================================

Kaya wag na kayong mag away.  Both plasma and LCD have their own inherent defects.  You would do fine regardless of which flat panel you choose.  Just remember that there is no such thing as a perfect TV. 

====================================

And before I forget, I have one more thing to add...

PLASMA PA RIN!   :D ;) ;D

« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2008 at 08:21 PM by barrister »

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #713 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 08:09 PM »
Best HDTVs overall   (updated Aug 08)

We review a lot of high-definition televisions here at CNET, but the list below represents the best of the best. It collects our current highest-recommended televisions arranged in order of overall score, regardless of TV type, technology, brand, or size.

1. Panasonic TH-50PZ800U PLASMA
2. Pioneer PDP-5020FD PLASMA
3. Panasonic Viera TH-50PZ850U PLASMA
4. Samsung HL61A750 RPTV
5. Samsung LN52A650  LCD
6. Sony KDL-46XBR4 LCD
7. Panasonic TH-58PZ700U PLASMA
8. Samsung LN-T4681F  LCD
9. Samsung PN50A550 PLASMA
10. Samsung FP-T5084 PLASMA
11. Panasonic TH-46PZ85U PLASMA
12. Samsung LN46A750  LCD
13. LG 50PG60 PLASMA
14. Samsung LN-T4671F  LCD

http://reviews.cnet.com/best-hdtvs-overall/

Hmm... I see more phosper burning image-retention panels. I wonder why? Maybe mali ata yung pagtingin nila. Lalo yung top three, baka nga maydayaan dito. Maybe they don't know about Image retention and green phosper  when they reviewed them... ::) ::) ::)

BTW...PLASMA PA RIN!   :D ;) ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2008 at 08:35 PM by Mouldingo »

Offline barrister

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #714 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 08:12 PM »
What is the absolute best flat panel?  It has to be the Pioneer Elite Kuro plasma TV:

Best Plasma Ever vs. Best LCD Ever
(Verdict: Plasma Wins)

http://gizmodo.com/336498/best-plasma-ever-vs-best-lcd-ever-verdict-plasma-wins

From the Sound & Vision article:

Plasma vs. LCD: Round II
A Pioneer Elite Kuro plasma and a Samsung LED-driven LCD
duke it out in this extreme techno-battle of HDTVs.

By Rob Sabin • Photos by Tony Cordoza • February 2008

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/features/779/plasma-vs-lcd-round-ii.html

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #715 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 08:29 PM »
Thanks!!  Very useful  ;D

Green phosphor lag is an old issue with plasma, still unresolved until now.  I'm the only one who keeps mentioning it here.  In fact, sir GioSpike is the only other member in this forum who has noticed it, as far as I know.

Plasma has red, green and blue phosphors.  The green phosphor is slower than the red and blue, so it lags behind during fast motion.  But it is only noticeable on high contrast areas, such as black on a white background.

To be able to see it, you need the proper video clip, and you should know what to look for.  But once you see it, I guarantee that you will always notice it whenever it appears.  :D

The only way to remedy the problem is for the manufacturers to develop a new, faster green phosphor.  I haven't heard of any such plans.  That's why I'm not too keen on upgrading my EDTV. :P

The manufacturers are too busy with resolution and contrast ratio to give attention to green phosphor, because it's the customers who are looking for resolution and contrast ratio.  It's the old problem of marketing vs. engineering... the marketing department usually wins.

And before I forget, I have one more thing to add...
PLASMA PA RIN!   :D ;) ;D

Best HDTVs overall   (updated Aug 08)
http://reviews.cnet.com/best-hdtvs-overall/

Hmm... I see more phosper burning image-retention panels. I wonder why? Maybe mali ata yung pagtingin nila. Lalo yung top three, baka nga maydayaan dito. Maybe they don't know about Image retention and green phosper  when they reviewed them... ::) ::) ::)

BTW...PLASMA PA RIN!    :D ;) ;D

ahahahahaha  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D That makes my day complete  ;D ;D ;D  ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2008 at 08:45 PM by ericag_ph »

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #716 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 08:39 PM »
Interesting article...it stated:

"The winner [Plasma] was, in part, determined by how much better the plasma displayed blacks compared to the LCD."

The winner (Best Plasma at $6000 vs the Best LCD at $4500) was chosen because of "black"????
Black being the absence of color? 

How about winner in terms of price?  ;D  That's a huge price difference.

What is the absolute best flat panel?  It has to be the Pioneer Elite Kuro plasma TV:
Best Plasma Ever vs. Best LCD Ever
(Verdict: Plasma Wins)

http://gizmodo.com/336498/best-plasma-ever-vs-best-lcd-ever-verdict-plasma-wins
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2008 at 08:40 PM by ericag_ph »

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #717 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 08:44 PM »
Inuman na lang tau..  ;D ;D ;D
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #718 on: Aug 12, 2008 at 08:48 PM »
Inuman na lang tau..  ;D ;D ;D

Oo.  Inuman na lang!!  ;) ;)

Pero PLasma pa rin!!  ;D ;D

Offline ericag_ph